Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Omicron Prickly Heat 05:42 - Dec 20 with 26446 viewsA40Bosh

Woke up 2am on Sunday morning with a fully developed head and chest cold and 5:30am Monday morning still haven’t been able to get any sleep since

Had loads of negative Lat Flow tests in the past but after taking a test Sunday morning the second line appeared to confirm I had it after about 30 secs.

The thing that has kept me awake is not the feeling rough as I am not too bad but either my immune or my booster three weeks ago doesn’t like Omicron and has given me the worst prickly heat since I was in Crete when I was 18.

Just hope the Mrs and girls can swerve it before Christmas but I can’t see how they can even we me being banished to solitary confinement since 9am on Sunday..

Make sure you get some antihistamine in just in case this is a common side effect as I haven’t any until the shops open and someone gets out of bed for me 😂

Edit: turns out we had some antihistamine in the cupboard all the time😭
[Post edited 20 Dec 2021 8:47]

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Omicron Prickly Heat on 12:15 - Dec 20 with 2853 viewsqprd

Omicron Prickly Heat on 12:09 - Dec 20 by Northernr

Tested positive, so no Christmas or Bournemouth for me.

Suspected as much, had booster on Thursday last week, knocked me absolutely for six on Friday which the other ones didn't. Saturday woke up with a scratchy, tickly throat, no cough. Last three nights haven't slept, lots of sweats. generally fine, working today, but all the symptoms are there, and returned three positive lateral flow tests. So no Christmas, no Bournemouth, alone in the house for ten days. Absolutely, totally, gutted.

This post has been edited by an administrator

sorry, mate.

on the bright side, it could be worse

i was supposed to fly internationally to see my parents on saturday, who ive seen for about 4 days in the last 2 years. after 2 years of being incredibly careful about covid, including the last 2 weeks, where i basically self-isolated to avoid getting sick, i still somehow tested positive 2 days before my flight

dont think youll be missing too much football wise... hard to see the logic in playing football matches in front of crowds when this new variant is spreading at this rate
Omicron Prickly Heat on 12:22 - Dec 20 with 2821 viewsdaveB

Omicron Prickly Heat on 12:09 - Dec 20 by Northernr

Tested positive, so no Christmas or Bournemouth for me.

Suspected as much, had booster on Thursday last week, knocked me absolutely for six on Friday which the other ones didn't. Saturday woke up with a scratchy, tickly throat, no cough. Last three nights haven't slept, lots of sweats. generally fine, working today, but all the symptoms are there, and returned three positive lateral flow tests. So no Christmas, no Bournemouth, alone in the house for ten days. Absolutely, totally, gutted.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Sorry to hear that. A few people at work are in the same boat and are gonna do Christmas after the 10 day isolation instead, hopefully you can do the same with the family.
Omicron Prickly Heat on 12:24 - Dec 20 with 2812 viewsStreathamRanger

Norther, QPRd, sorry to hear that.
I've got tickets for Bournemouth but not sure I'd even use them now to be honest. Supposed to be taking my dad but he's 88 and worried about leaving the house. Tickets for my kids as well but can't face the prospect of them picking it up then being stuck in the house for 10 days. It's all just so bloody awful.
I've been isolating at my mum's (she's gone to my sisters) so experiencing what it's like to be stuck inside on your own. It's no fun. Best of luck to you all.
Omicron Prickly Heat on 12:32 - Dec 20 with 2775 viewsBklynRanger

That's a right fcuker Clive - sorry. Christmas is going to be a pile of shyte for so many people this year. Unbelievable timing by the deep state to release another variant now.
Omicron Prickly Heat on 12:37 - Dec 20 with 2761 viewskensalriser

Bloody hell am I the only one here who hasn't had it yet?

Apparently omicron is causing symptoms much more like head colds than other variants and the LFTs are nowhere near as sensitive as PCRs so probably a good idea to get a PCR if you have symptoms.

Football schedule will be fubarred for a couple of weeks at least I suspect.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Omicron Prickly Heat on 12:47 - Dec 20 with 2704 viewsNorthernr

Omicron Prickly Heat on 12:37 - Dec 20 by kensalriser

Apparently omicron is causing symptoms much more like head colds than other variants and the LFTs are nowhere near as sensitive as PCRs so probably a good idea to get a PCR if you have symptoms.

Head cold is definitely as I would describe it, and not even a particularly major one for me so far.
Omicron Prickly Heat on 13:26 - Dec 20 with 2600 viewsslmrstid

At this rate I'm going to be absolutely amazed if the Christmas/New Year football schedule goes ahead.

Boxing Day fixtures starting to fall - just seen Northampton v Walsall has been called off.
Omicron Prickly Heat on 13:31 - Dec 20 with 2580 viewsterryb

Very sorry to see so many (any of you would still be too many) have Covid. Best wishes to all of you & hopefully it will be on the milder variety.
Login to get fewer ads

Omicron Prickly Heat on 13:33 - Dec 20 with 2579 viewsfrancisbowles

Omicron Prickly Heat on 12:47 - Dec 20 by Northernr

Head cold is definitely as I would describe it, and not even a particularly major one for me so far.

Gutted for you Northern. Hope you've got a good supply of Peroni and someone/delivery driver to get some food for you.

Hopefully you mum can zoom or something so you can at least see something of each other.
Omicron Prickly Heat on 13:58 - Dec 20 with 2534 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sorry to hear about your illnesses, folks.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Omicron Prickly Heat on 14:25 - Dec 20 with 2475 viewsR_from_afar

Omicron Prickly Heat on 10:19 - Dec 20 by BklynRanger

I haven't been out for 10 days now, except for one quick trip to the shops up the road on Saturday morning. The wife and I have been self-isolating to try to make sure we're able to go to NY on Wednesday. She hasn't seen her mum in person since Sept '19 and I had health stuff over the summer which forced us to cancel. So we're trying our best to make it happen.

Does not feel like something to look forward to at the minute though I must say - more a case of going over contingency plans for if we have to stay longer/ self-isolate there. Plus the various tests, check lists, medical cover. What a time to be alive (though I am actually thankful for that...).

Good luck with your trip and avoiding COVID so you can actually go.

Mrs R from Afar and I are in a similar metaphorical boat. Her mum has advanced dementia and has been in a hospital frailty ward for a month. My wife's parents are in Scotland and we are near Bracknell so given the distance and COVID, we don't see them often. The planned trip this Christmas could be the last time we see her mum alive so we have been desperately trying to avoid getting infected before we are due to go. We're three days away from setting off oop north and are OK so far but on tenterhooks, one infection and it will all be canned.

Nervous

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Omicron Prickly Heat on 14:33 - Dec 20 with 2453 viewsPunteR

And to think, women never used to take man flu seriously. How times have changed. ;)

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Omicron Prickly Heat on 15:00 - Dec 20 with 2394 viewsJuzzie

Did a PCR this morning so will wait and see the next couple of days. My NHS T&T pinged me to say I've been close to someone who had it. Looks like the ping was most likely from the kids birthday party I attended with my son as the date matched up.

My son had a PCR last week because of a few cases in school and was thankfully negative. the MIL who is staying with us did a lateral flow test today and was negative. My partner OK too.

Best of luck to anyone who has it and to anyone else having to deal with this situation.
Omicron Prickly Heat on 15:00 - Dec 20 with 2396 viewsE17hoop

Omicron Prickly Heat on 12:37 - Dec 20 by kensalriser

Had it twice, September last year and October this. Definitely nowhere near as bad 2nd time round after 2 jabs.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Omicron Prickly Heat on 15:01 - Dec 20 with 2392 viewsBoston

Omicron Prickly Heat on 12:14 - Dec 20 by stowmarketrange

Sorry to hear that news mate.At least the game is on Sky,assuming you’ve got it.Happy Christmas to you and get well soon.

Woke up this morning to discover I had a case of the omigods. Weekends Guinness had done a job on me and I had 10 seconds to get to the toilet or Mrs Boston would never let me forget the aftermath. Right as rain now.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Omicron Prickly Heat on 15:05 - Dec 20 with 2359 viewsRBlock

Just had a positive LFT. Second time, first in July (during my two weeks A/L) and now this. Joy of joys. Triple jabbed and having had it twice - will be out of isolation just in time for the country to go into lockdown again.
Omicron Prickly Heat on 15:17 - Dec 20 with 2304 viewsBklynRanger

Omicron Prickly Heat on 14:25 - Dec 20 by R_from_afar

Good luck with your trip and avoiding COVID so you can actually go.

Mrs R from Afar and I are in a similar metaphorical boat. Her mum has advanced dementia and has been in a hospital frailty ward for a month. My wife's parents are in Scotland and we are near Bracknell so given the distance and COVID, we don't see them often. The planned trip this Christmas could be the last time we see her mum alive so we have been desperately trying to avoid getting infected before we are due to go. We're three days away from setting off oop north and are OK so far but on tenterhooks, one infection and it will all be canned.

Nervous

Best of luck with it RFA - sounds like you're doing everything right, and worth making the effort.
Omicron Prickly Heat on 15:35 - Dec 20 with 2240 viewshantssi

Omicron Prickly Heat on 15:00 - Dec 20 by Juzzie

Did a PCR this morning so will wait and see the next couple of days. My NHS T&T pinged me to say I've been close to someone who had it. Looks like the ping was most likely from the kids birthday party I attended with my son as the date matched up.

My son had a PCR last week because of a few cases in school and was thankfully negative. the MIL who is staying with us did a lateral flow test today and was negative. My partner OK too.

Best of luck to anyone who has it and to anyone else having to deal with this situation.

Yeah, I got “pinged” on Saturday morning, I’ve been nowhere except popping to the office where everybody is clear.
Tested (PCR), negative but will take a few more LFT’s and go nowhere in the run up to Christmas.
Stay safe and well everybody.
Omicron Prickly Heat on 15:39 - Dec 20 with 2221 viewsJuzzie

Omicron Prickly Heat on 15:35 - Dec 20 by hantssi

Yeah, I got “pinged” on Saturday morning, I’ve been nowhere except popping to the office where everybody is clear.
Tested (PCR), negative but will take a few more LFT’s and go nowhere in the run up to Christmas.
Stay safe and well everybody.

Are you close to the road/neigbours? As the app works using bluetooth someone who walked past your home may be positive and it'll ping yours even though covid can't (that I know of!) go through walls.
Omicron Prickly Heat on 15:41 - Dec 20 with 2216 viewsCliff

Sorry to hear you've all got it over the Christmas period, despite being triple vaxxed and having some natural immunity from having it in early October I've just cancelled some meet ups I was down for this week.

As I said on another thread, perhaps our last couple of matches being called off was a blessing in disguise.
Omicron Prickly Heat on 16:04 - Dec 20 with 2145 viewsTacticalR

The Zoe app site has a list of the current top 5 symptoms:

Runny nose
Headache
Sneezing
Sore throat
Persistent cough

What are the new top 5 COVID symptoms?
https://covid.joinzoe.com/post/new-top-5-covid-symptoms#part_1

'The previous 'traditional' symptoms as still outlined on the government website, such as anosmia (loss of smell), shortness of breath and fever rank way down the list, at 6, 29 and 8 respectively. A persistent cough now ranks at number 5 if you’ve had two vaccine doses, so is no longer the top indicator of having COVID.'

Re: prickly heat:

Is a skin rash a symptom of COVID-19?
https://covid.joinzoe.com/post/covid-symptoms-skin-rash

Professor Tim Spector who runs the Zoe app also does a weekly update on Covid on the Zoe YouTube channel:
www.youtube.com/c/ZOE-health/videos

As far as I know I haven't had COVID. I was in the Office for National Statistics study until April 2021 which meant taking a monthly PCR test, and I didn't have it then. I got a call from the ONS last week saying they wanted to restart the study, so that might tell me if I've had it or if I get it.

Air hostess clique

Omicron Prickly Heat on 16:06 - Dec 20 with 2134 viewscollegeranger

Daughter number one tested positive with LFT on Friday as i was stuck in a massive jam on the M6 on the way to collect her from Uni. PCR'd up there - positive. Now Daughter number 3 did LFT as we are all doing in the house and she is positive, so quick trip to LHR to the drive thru PCR and waiting for confirmation. One daughter to go and me and Mrs C were saying if Daughter 2 gets it maybe its best we all catch it now so at least we can salvage being all in the same room for Xmas. Cancelled the other 8 round to our place for Xmas day and friends for new year! This is gonna be worse than last year at this rate.
Omicron Prickly Heat on 16:12 - Dec 20 with 2113 viewsted_hendrix

Omicron was first detected in the UK on the 27th November, alarmingly the data coming out was that it has a very high infection rate but that the symptoms were less mild than the Delta, so far this hasn't been confirmed by the necessary people (scientists- doctors-laboratories etcetera,) I've long since given up reading or watching the news outlets due to there obsession with using the phrases 'could' 'might' 'possible' 'likely' etcetera etcetera.
Just me and the Misssus living happily in our house, we've done everything posssible to successfully avoid bloody Covid since day one, on Christmas eve we've got eight visitors for most of the day into the evening (all family) and on boxing day we've got ten visitors all day (again all family) they've all been told before leaving home take a lateral flow test, what else can you do?

On reading the daily UK GOV released figures there has been a minimal rise in hospitalisations since the 27th November (Omicron detected in the UK) patients in hospital has remained even and patients in mechanical ventilation beds has actually gone down. The figures for January 2021 were alarmingly high four times higher than what they are now!

Vaccinations surely must be proven to being successfull? I'm pretty sure but willing to be proved wrong but the UK's current high infection rate as opposed to Europe's Is down to the UK's much higher testing regime?

I don't know what to think anymore fecked If I do, pretty certain that Covid will be faffing us around for years, can't wait to see the grandchilden at our house for two nights.

*Waffle alert*

Keep going-whatever.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Omicron Prickly Heat on 16:21 - Dec 20 with 2091 viewsslmrstid

Omicron Prickly Heat on 15:05 - Dec 20 by RBlock

Just had a positive LFT. Second time, first in July (during my two weeks A/L) and now this. Joy of joys. Triple jabbed and having had it twice - will be out of isolation just in time for the country to go into lockdown again.

Sorry RBlock, accidental click of the mouse for the upvote. Get well soon!
Omicron Prickly Heat on 16:41 - Dec 20 with 2005 viewsnix

Sorry for those whose Christmases have been spoilt due to illness.

Hope you all get better soon and you get to see your families and friends somehow in the NY.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024