Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Omicron Prickly Heat 05:42 - Dec 20 with 26439 viewsA40Bosh

Woke up 2am on Sunday morning with a fully developed head and chest cold and 5:30am Monday morning still haven’t been able to get any sleep since

Had loads of negative Lat Flow tests in the past but after taking a test Sunday morning the second line appeared to confirm I had it after about 30 secs.

The thing that has kept me awake is not the feeling rough as I am not too bad but either my immune or my booster three weeks ago doesn’t like Omicron and has given me the worst prickly heat since I was in Crete when I was 18.

Just hope the Mrs and girls can swerve it before Christmas but I can’t see how they can even we me being banished to solitary confinement since 9am on Sunday..

Make sure you get some antihistamine in just in case this is a common side effect as I haven’t any until the shops open and someone gets out of bed for me 😂

Edit: turns out we had some antihistamine in the cupboard all the time😭
[Post edited 20 Dec 2021 8:47]

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Omicron Prickly Heat on 16:47 - Dec 20 with 3683 viewsNorthernr

Shall we do big LFW Christmas Day round mine - reverse of the Covid passports, you have to display a positive test to gain entry?
Omicron Prickly Heat on 16:58 - Dec 20 with 3629 viewsDorse

Omicron Prickly Heat on 16:47 - Dec 20 by Northernr

Shall we do big LFW Christmas Day round mine - reverse of the Covid passports, you have to display a positive test to gain entry?

Bollocks. I'd have to be thrown out at midnight. It's the glass slipper incident all over again.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Omicron Prickly Heat on 17:08 - Dec 20 with 3577 viewsE17hoop

Omicron Prickly Heat on 15:39 - Dec 20 by Juzzie

Are you close to the road/neigbours? As the app works using bluetooth someone who walked past your home may be positive and it'll ping yours even though covid can't (that I know of!) go through walls.

They'd have to be hanging on your garden wall for 15 minutes - passing contact doesn't trigger it AFAIK.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Omicron Prickly Heat on 17:51 - Dec 20 with 3494 viewsJuzzie

Omicron Prickly Heat on 17:08 - Dec 20 by E17hoop

They'd have to be hanging on your garden wall for 15 minutes - passing contact doesn't trigger it AFAIK.

Yes, you're right, it's 15 mins.

I just hope my PCR test is negative (I've had no symptons since the kids party).
Omicron Prickly Heat on 17:53 - Dec 20 with 3488 viewsHayesender

Got my mums funeral on the 31st this month. I'm keeping everything crossed we'll be able to give her a proper send off

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Omicron Prickly Heat on 19:56 - Dec 20 with 3321 viewsMiss_Terraces

Omicron Prickly Heat on 12:09 - Dec 20 by Northernr

Tested positive, so no Christmas or Bournemouth for me.

Suspected as much, had booster on Thursday last week, knocked me absolutely for six on Friday which the other ones didn't. Saturday woke up with a scratchy, tickly throat, no cough. Last three nights haven't slept, lots of sweats. generally fine, working today, but all the symptoms are there, and returned three positive lateral flow tests. So no Christmas, no Bournemouth, alone in the house for ten days. Absolutely, totally, gutted.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A friend told me that the lateral flow tests were picking up the vaccines. Tbh I didn't believe him, I still don't but if I'd have tested positive. I would order a PCR test just to make sure because £50 would be worth it. The symptoms you describe mirror my symptoms from my booster

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Omicron Prickly Heat on 20:12 - Dec 20 with 3266 viewsstowmarketrange

Omicron Prickly Heat on 19:56 - Dec 20 by Miss_Terraces

A friend told me that the lateral flow tests were picking up the vaccines. Tbh I didn't believe him, I still don't but if I'd have tested positive. I would order a PCR test just to make sure because £50 would be worth it. The symptoms you describe mirror my symptoms from my booster

I thought the pcr tests were free?Unless you needed it for travel of course.
Omicron Prickly Heat on 20:23 - Dec 20 with 3216 viewsA40Bosh

Omicron Prickly Heat on 20:12 - Dec 20 by stowmarketrange

I thought the pcr tests were free?Unless you needed it for travel of course.

Correct, state you have symptoms and you can get a free be usually within an hour or so

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Login to get fewer ads

Omicron Prickly Heat on 20:43 - Dec 20 with 3168 viewstraininvain

Omicron Prickly Heat on 17:53 - Dec 20 by Hayesender

Got my mums funeral on the 31st this month. I'm keeping everything crossed we'll be able to give her a proper send off

Sorry to hear that, Hayes. Best wishes to you and hope you’re able to give your mum a proper send off.
Omicron Prickly Heat on 20:49 - Dec 20 with 3137 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hopefully.
Best wishes Hayes.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Omicron Prickly Heat on 21:09 - Dec 20 with 3085 viewsstowmarketrange

Omicron Prickly Heat on 20:23 - Dec 20 by A40Bosh

Correct, state you have symptoms and you can get a free be usually within an hour or so

That’s what I did the first time I had one.Now they don’t even bother asking whether you have symptoms or not.
Omicron Prickly Heat on 21:47 - Dec 20 with 2992 viewshantssi

Omicron Prickly Heat on 17:51 - Dec 20 by Juzzie

Yes, you're right, it's 15 mins.

I just hope my PCR test is negative (I've had no symptons since the kids party).

Shouldn’t be anyway, only have one next door neighbour and that’s detached, we back on to the rest of our neighbours and have a car length drive out front.
Also as said, they’d have to hang about for about 15 minutes, unless of course they’re casing the joint!!
[Post edited 21 Dec 2021 10:34]
Omicron Prickly Heat on 22:51 - Dec 20 with 2878 viewsOakR

My 10 year old tested positive Saturday. Since then 8 other kids in his class have tested postive (out of 24) that we know about, and that's not including some that tested positive a few weeks ago.

His brother tested positive this morning so we are all awaiting PCR tests, hopefully tomorrow (apart from my 10 year old, who had a PCR positive test confirmed this morning). Plenty positive in his class also - it seems to be spreading like crazy - I'm not sure if more people are testing as it's close to Christmas and seeing more at risk people, many more cases, or likely both.

Part of me can't believe the timing and gutted we won't be seeing family this year again at Christmas, it was going to be the last Xmas in the house we'd grown up in since the early 80s.

However I'm trying to be a bit more glass half-full, and with 2 high risk people in the family glad we had the chance to test and not put them at risk, and glad me and my wife are double jabbed and boostered - pretty lucky in many ways compared to many people both here, and especially in other parts of the world. So far eldest no symptoms, youngest was sick and temperature but otherwise ok and better now (hopefully).

Hopefully this does turn out to be milder, the NHS copes, less people get seriously ill and we come out of this in a few months with a lot of immunity + boosters meaning getting a bit more back to normal from late winter / early spring. Hopefully.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Omicron Prickly Heat on 08:02 - Dec 21 with 2651 viewsNorthernr

Properly poorly now. Throat like a fcking razor.
Omicron Prickly Heat on 08:31 - Dec 21 with 2607 viewsstowmarketrange

Omicron Prickly Heat on 08:02 - Dec 21 by Northernr

So is mine Clive.No other symptoms though,so another test today then.
Omicron Prickly Heat on 08:52 - Dec 21 with 2573 viewsCorbyQPR

Omicron Prickly Heat on 16:12 - Dec 20 by ted_hendrix

Omicron was first detected in the UK on the 27th November, alarmingly the data coming out was that it has a very high infection rate but that the symptoms were less mild than the Delta, so far this hasn't been confirmed by the necessary people (scientists- doctors-laboratories etcetera,) I've long since given up reading or watching the news outlets due to there obsession with using the phrases 'could' 'might' 'possible' 'likely' etcetera etcetera.
Just me and the Misssus living happily in our house, we've done everything posssible to successfully avoid bloody Covid since day one, on Christmas eve we've got eight visitors for most of the day into the evening (all family) and on boxing day we've got ten visitors all day (again all family) they've all been told before leaving home take a lateral flow test, what else can you do?

On reading the daily UK GOV released figures there has been a minimal rise in hospitalisations since the 27th November (Omicron detected in the UK) patients in hospital has remained even and patients in mechanical ventilation beds has actually gone down. The figures for January 2021 were alarmingly high four times higher than what they are now!

Vaccinations surely must be proven to being successfull? I'm pretty sure but willing to be proved wrong but the UK's current high infection rate as opposed to Europe's Is down to the UK's much higher testing regime?

I don't know what to think anymore fecked If I do, pretty certain that Covid will be faffing us around for years, can't wait to see the grandchilden at our house for two nights.

*Waffle alert*

Keep going-whatever.

Enjoy your Christmas Ted!

As for the hospital admissions, remember they are admitted with COVID, not necessarily because of (in many cases even caught in hospital). So with a milder, more transmissible variant it would be amazing if this didn't climb. Hopefully those making decisions can differentiate between the two!
Omicron Prickly Heat on 08:58 - Dec 21 with 2562 viewsPunteR

Just a cold for me. I feel a bit jaded but that could be my sleeping pattern out , not going to work and just sitting around.
Now and then it feels like my throat is going to start but then fades. I'm guessing the vaccine and my antibodies are just keeping it at bay so far.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Omicron Prickly Heat on 10:16 - Dec 21 with 2450 viewsKonk

Sorry to hear about people getting ill and Christmas plans kiboshed. Hope you’re all soon feeling a lot better. Hope you all get to get together with your loved ones soon.

On a positive note, Clive, you can now spend Christmas Day sat around in your pants without people judging you. Silver lining and all that.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Omicron Prickly Heat on 10:44 - Dec 21 with 2401 viewsA40Bosh

Omicron Prickly Heat on 10:16 - Dec 21 by Konk

Sorry to hear about people getting ill and Christmas plans kiboshed. Hope you’re all soon feeling a lot better. Hope you all get to get together with your loved ones soon.

On a positive note, Clive, you can now spend Christmas Day sat around in your pants without people judging you. Silver lining and all that.

If Whittingham can afford pants with silver lining then I am cancelling my Patreon subscription!!

Omicron Prickly Heat on 11:06 - Dec 21 with 2347 viewsloftboy

Omicron Prickly Heat on 08:02 - Dec 21 by Northernr

Bloody hell, I had a sore throat like that a couple of weeks ago, as my symptoms were nothing like they were when I had covid last Christmas I presumed I had a throat infection and sucked on some sweets!
Makes me wonder whether I had it for the second time now.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Omicron Prickly Heat on 11:36 - Dec 21 with 2293 viewsDixie_CT

Omicron Prickly Heat on 11:06 - Dec 21 by loftboy

Bloody hell, I had a sore throat like that a couple of weeks ago, as my symptoms were nothing like they were when I had covid last Christmas I presumed I had a throat infection and sucked on some sweets!
Makes me wonder whether I had it for the second time now.

I spoke to my doctors on Monday because I’ve been having daily tension headaches for about eight weeks and it isn’t normal for me. The doctor said that as well as COVID there is a nasty cold bug going around which is giving people sore throats.

Myself and my other half have had the sore throats but both tested negative for COVID on numerous LFT and PCRs. We had to do a mini isolation and tests as she flew back to Singapore to see her mum for Xmas.

Gawd knows what is going around but I’ve had sinusitis, mild insomnia and cold bugs since the beginning of October but headaches apparently linked to stress and an increasing blood pressure. Life has been disproportionately stressful for some time. Hopefully getting better now.

It really is a grim time
Omicron Prickly Heat on 11:59 - Dec 21 with 2248 viewsPhildo

Planned Christmas in Sligo before this Omicron stuff started flights booked etc- but 18 yo son now has tested positive - the same day I got a message from the nhs that says if I get it I will be sent the antivirals as I am asthmatic and had pneumonia a couple of months ago. Nice little waiting game now - we all had it at the beginning of the pandemic which feels like about 30 years ago now.

Sorry Hayes about your mums funeral, sorry Northern , good luck with the family Ted and commiserations to all the other sufferers. Happy Christmas (!) and lets hope the cloud lifts next year and we can organise a great big LFW social in the Crown sometime
Omicron Prickly Heat on 15:00 - Dec 21 with 2027 viewsqprd

good luck
Omicron Prickly Heat on 15:39 - Dec 21 with 1954 viewsBklynRanger

Sorry to hear that Hayes - no good time of year for that but particularly difficult at this time. Hope it goes ok.
Omicron Prickly Heat on 06:43 - Dec 22 with 1680 viewstraininvain

Good news and maybe a Christmas Day reprieve for some of you: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59749447
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024