Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Omicron Prickly Heat 05:42 - Dec 20 with 26440 viewsA40Bosh

Woke up 2am on Sunday morning with a fully developed head and chest cold and 5:30am Monday morning still haven’t been able to get any sleep since

Had loads of negative Lat Flow tests in the past but after taking a test Sunday morning the second line appeared to confirm I had it after about 30 secs.

The thing that has kept me awake is not the feeling rough as I am not too bad but either my immune or my booster three weeks ago doesn’t like Omicron and has given me the worst prickly heat since I was in Crete when I was 18.

Just hope the Mrs and girls can swerve it before Christmas but I can’t see how they can even we me being banished to solitary confinement since 9am on Sunday..

Make sure you get some antihistamine in just in case this is a common side effect as I haven’t any until the shops open and someone gets out of bed for me 😂

Edit: turns out we had some antihistamine in the cupboard all the time😭
[Post edited 20 Dec 2021 8:47]

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Omicron Prickly Heat on 09:20 - Dec 23 with 3199 viewsstowmarketrange

I’ve had my sore throat since the 18th,and it still shows very little sign of going yet.Now I’ve developed the cough to go with it,and the runny nose too.
Hardly any meaningful sleep since Saturday,just an hour here and an hour there.
Several lft tests show negative,so I booked a pcr test for today as we’re supposed to be having 14 for dinner on Christmas Day,including my elderly in-laws.
Omicron Prickly Heat on 09:59 - Dec 23 with 3109 viewsterryb

It's good to read that north.

I hope everyone else is improving as well.
Omicron Prickly Heat on 10:22 - Dec 23 with 3042 viewsSK_hoops

Omicron Prickly Heat on 12:53 - Dec 22 by PunteR

Yesterday i watched french film La Haine' (translated 'Hate' if you're looking for it on Netflix) Recommended. Also watched Straight Outta Compton which is decent if you like gangsta rap bravado. Which i do..lol
Four Brothers is a good film, again lots of gangsta bravado but this time with a bit more heart. lol
The Departed
The Revenant
Candyman (2021)
True Detective series 1
Sicario and Sicario 2 are good

La Haine is a quality film. Vincent (can't be bothered to look up his surname. Casell?) Has been in a few good films.
Omicron Prickly Heat on 10:31 - Dec 23 with 3001 viewsNed_Kennedys

Omicron Prickly Heat on 08:36 - Dec 23 by StreathamRanger

That's good to hear. Hopefully you get some day 6 and 7 negative LFTs. I'm on day 9, have had almost no symptoms but continue to test positive on LFTs. Not best pleased.

Yeah, same as me. LFTs still showing a faint 2nd line, latest one very faint but not risking anything until totally clear, hopefully for Christmas Day.
Omicron Prickly Heat on 10:34 - Dec 23 with 3001 viewsStreathamRanger

Omicron Prickly Heat on 10:31 - Dec 23 by Ned_Kennedys

Yeah, same as me. LFTs still showing a faint 2nd line, latest one very faint but not risking anything until totally clear, hopefully for Christmas Day.

Once you hit day 10, the advice seems to be you don't need to test any more and you're free to end isolation. They also changed rules so that day you first had symptoms is day 1 rather than the day after. This means I'm day 10 tomorrow so will get out for Xmas!
Omicron Prickly Heat on 10:54 - Dec 23 with 2956 viewsSydneyRs

Omicron Prickly Heat on 10:34 - Dec 23 by StreathamRanger

Once you hit day 10, the advice seems to be you don't need to test any more and you're free to end isolation. They also changed rules so that day you first had symptoms is day 1 rather than the day after. This means I'm day 10 tomorrow so will get out for Xmas!

Yeh, my mum, brother and his wife all had it recently and were told all good after 10 days, as supposedly the virus can't replicate by then.
Omicron Prickly Heat on 10:57 - Dec 23 with 2952 viewsSydneyRs

Omicron Prickly Heat on 08:03 - Dec 23 by Northernr

Basically over it now.

Symptoms felt 18th, tested positive 19th, didn't sleep at all nights of 18th, 19th, 20th with sweats and changing temperature, really bad throat 19th, 20th, 21st, congestion in my sinus 21st and 22nd, improved yesterday and now today I just feel a bit washed out.

I've never slept so much in my life as the last three days but apart from that I think I'm just about there. I've definitely had much worse colds and flus so if that's the vaccine working then the jabs were definitely worth it.

Similar experience as reported by my family members who had it recently, including my 80 year old mum. Get vaccinated.
Omicron Prickly Heat on 11:37 - Dec 23 with 2866 viewsJamesB1979

Omicron Prickly Heat on 08:03 - Dec 23 by Northernr

Basically over it now.

Symptoms felt 18th, tested positive 19th, didn't sleep at all nights of 18th, 19th, 20th with sweats and changing temperature, really bad throat 19th, 20th, 21st, congestion in my sinus 21st and 22nd, improved yesterday and now today I just feel a bit washed out.

I've never slept so much in my life as the last three days but apart from that I think I'm just about there. I've definitely had much worse colds and flus so if that's the vaccine working then the jabs were definitely worth it.

On what day is the “I’m well enough to have a Peroni” day?
Login to get fewer ads

Omicron Prickly Heat on 11:48 - Dec 23 with 2852 viewsCliff

Omicron Prickly Heat on 10:54 - Dec 23 by SydneyRs

Yeh, my mum, brother and his wife all had it recently and were told all good after 10 days, as supposedly the virus can't replicate by then.

You should only stop isolation after 10 days if you are symptom free, as this means you have overcome the infection. The virus can most definitely replicate past this point as shown by the hospitalisations and deaths which are almost all later than 10 daya.
Omicron Prickly Heat on 12:15 - Dec 23 with 2793 viewsNorthernr

Omicron Prickly Heat on 11:37 - Dec 23 by JamesB1979

On what day is the “I’m well enough to have a Peroni” day?

I'm hoping I can have one Christmas Day. Drinks have tasted v, v weird so far though. Everything tastes like I've just cleaned my teeth.
Omicron Prickly Heat on 12:29 - Dec 23 with 2752 viewsNorthernr

By the way guys, if you're struggling with the night sweats and sleeping as well, I've found this helps...

Omicron Prickly Heat on 16:18 - Dec 23 with 2568 viewsA40Bosh

Omicron Prickly Heat on 10:57 - Dec 23 by SydneyRs

Similar experience as reported by my family members who had it recently, including my 80 year old mum. Get vaccinated.

Same dates as Clive.

Group of lads went to see Squeeze/Madness at the O2 and as my brother had so many Marriott points we got 4 rooms for £30 per head in Canary Wharf.

I woke up in my hotel room at 2am with complete congestion and sinus pain. Didn’t get back to sleep and had this gut instinct that I needed to just get up as soon as the tubes were running and get home. I had been sneezing throughout the day and felt a bit tired but other than in our seats where no one was wearing masks and at the table in the pub I always wear a mask on transport and shops/hospitality etc.

Can’t believe my brother and the other fella in my room are all still 100% and testing negative every day.

Relieved to hear that there is such a thing as a faint red line as that is what I got this morning so hoping that I get clear Friday night and Saturday lunchtime so that I don’t have to eat Christmas dinner on my bed.

By the way “Silent Hours” on Netflix - don’t bother - woeful

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Omicron Prickly Heat on 18:29 - Dec 23 with 2426 viewsMatch82

Omicron Prickly Heat on 11:48 - Dec 23 by Cliff

You should only stop isolation after 10 days if you are symptom free, as this means you have overcome the infection. The virus can most definitely replicate past this point as shown by the hospitalisations and deaths which are almost all later than 10 daya.

You might be right about the replication and definitely about the fact it can still be fatal 10 days after contracting, but the advice here is that it's not contagious after that point even if you have symptoms. Mind you that advice could change tomorrow!
Omicron Prickly Heat on 21:08 - Dec 23 with 2280 viewswood_hoop

I think worth a read, not all doom a gloom and from a professional working in the field.

Guido Vanham is a Belgian virologist who's been sending letters to his children during the pandemic.

The text of his most recent letter is printed below with permission from his son Peter Vanham.

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/read-letter-virologist-sent-family-164207848.html

[Post edited 23 Dec 2021 21:12]
Omicron Prickly Heat on 21:51 - Dec 23 with 2201 viewsMancR

After working at school all the way through the pandemic- nothing. December 23rd feel bit ropey and test positive. Some of the symptoms people have been talking about but don't feel too bad, thank goodness I've had all the jabs. Gets me out of a lot of Christmas duties as been sent to room for 10 days. Getting food delivered by mask wearing family members!
Omicron Prickly Heat on 22:26 - Dec 23 with 2117 viewsBoston

Omicron Prickly Heat on 21:51 - Dec 23 by MancR

After working at school all the way through the pandemic- nothing. December 23rd feel bit ropey and test positive. Some of the symptoms people have been talking about but don't feel too bad, thank goodness I've had all the jabs. Gets me out of a lot of Christmas duties as been sent to room for 10 days. Getting food delivered by mask wearing family members!

Any duty free?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Omicron Prickly Heat on 06:27 - Dec 24 with 1900 viewsdistortR

8 ofus crammed into our little house and the little blighterhas crept in.
IOM had figures yesterday that would equate to over 150000 cases in England and Wales
Omicron Prickly Heat on 07:52 - Dec 24 with 1834 viewsPunteR

Omicron Prickly Heat on 06:27 - Dec 24 by distortR

8 ofus crammed into our little house and the little blighterhas crept in.
IOM had figures yesterday that would equate to over 150000 cases in England and Wales

All the best mate. 5 in our house and surprisingly no else has caught it off me. Even my wife who shares the bed (split 80%/20%) has been testing negative nearly every day.
I'm allowed back out the house Monday. Back to work Tuesday.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Omicron Prickly Heat on 08:40 - Dec 24 with 1757 viewsdistortR

Omicron Prickly Heat on 07:52 - Dec 24 by PunteR

All the best mate. 5 in our house and surprisingly no else has caught it off me. Even my wife who shares the bed (split 80%/20%) has been testing negative nearly every day.

She was positive some days?!!

Tbh, not particularly worried at this point, except for in financial terms - I'm self-employed and have taken a bit of a hit recently, van is broken down, no spare vehicle etc, and my wife is a care-worker in the wonderful gig economy.

It's my daughter's partner who has it, really nice fella, has covid and supports chelsea.

At least there's a vaccine for one of his ailments.
Omicron Prickly Heat on 09:12 - Dec 24 with 1714 viewsLythamR

Omicron Prickly Heat on 21:51 - Dec 23 by MancR

Sorry to hear that Lee, bad timing but at least it gives you some time to tinker with your Fantasy team!

Best wishes for the holidays to all on here and especially those struggling with Covid which seems to be a significant percentage now.
Omicron Prickly Heat on 09:23 - Dec 24 with 1697 viewsted_hendrix

Omicron Prickly Heat on 08:40 - Dec 24 by distortR

Tbh, not particularly worried at this point, except for in financial terms - I'm self-employed and have taken a bit of a hit recently, van is broken down, no spare vehicle etc, and my wife is a care-worker in the wonderful gig economy.

It's my daughter's partner who has it, really nice fella, has covid and supports chelsea.

Hope things get better for you soon.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Omicron Prickly Heat on 09:35 - Dec 24 with 1673 viewsNorthernr

Omicron Prickly Heat on 07:52 - Dec 24 by PunteR

That 'split' line made me smile
Omicron Prickly Heat on 10:42 - Dec 24 with 1583 viewsA40Bosh

Omicron Prickly Heat on 09:35 - Dec 24 by Northernr

That 'split' line made me smile

The Mrs insisted on moving straight out last Sunday in to the spare room.
Best nights sleep have had in years this week without behaving to wear earplugs
Menopause Snore is a wonder of science.
Time for an LFT.

Omicron Prickly Heat on 10:52 - Dec 24 with 1564 viewsPunteR

Omicron Prickly Heat on 08:40 - Dec 24 by distortR

Shes positive most days.
Positive, its my fault. Positive she's always right, positive its my turn to do the washing up etc...lol
Only joking (if she's reading this)
Anyway. Why do vans break down at the worst possible time?. Hope you get something sorted mate.
Hope you told your daughter she needs to socially distance from her boyfriend. About 10 miles ought to do it. ;)

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Omicron Prickly Heat on 10:56 - Dec 24 with 1549 viewsMancR

Omicron Prickly Heat on 22:26 - Dec 23 by Boston

Any duty free?

Is that still a thing post brexit🤣
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024