Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bianca Austin 09:24 - Feb 20 with 12629 viewsHayesender

How some people think this sort of behaviour is acceptable is beyond me. If identifiable I'd ban em for life.

Doubt very much they go to games though

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Bianca Austin on 13:30 - Feb 20 with 2313 viewsParkRoyalR

Bianca Austin on 13:09 - Feb 20 by ellersliehoop

Taking yesterday as an example.....

I can recall one cross into the box in the first half he headed just wide. Apart from that we didn't offer him any service whatsoever.

I'm not sure Harry Kane would score that many with our style of play

Difference being Harry Kane would be racing into the box in the 96th minute having already covered every blade of grass in the preceding 95 minutes. Likewise sure Kane would'nt be on social media sarcastically thanking the fans for their support after turning in yet another lethargic below par performance.

Plenty of crosses into the box yesterday as Chair and Adomah showed when being on the end of them. The Championship is a demanding league and far better players than Austin have been shown up in it when not 100% match fit.

If we are now saying Austin can only score if given pin-point crosses on presumption he can move and find space, we should have stuck with Matt Smith and saved ourselves a few quid.
Bianca Austin on 13:31 - Feb 20 with 2313 viewsAntti_Heinola

Bianca Austin on 13:22 - Feb 20 by CiderwithRsie

There was a whole article on the issue in the Guardian yesterday - it's a problem across English football right now (don't know about Scotland). I was actually pleased to read the article because it suggested people are starting to be more aware of it.

Sadly I don't know what the answer is either, but I think it's linked to the bubbling anger that I find across the board in this country now. You can see it even in a fairly civilised place like this site, where 5-10 years ago political threads were generally quite interesting exchanges of views, but have now become utterly toxic and unreadable.

Good post.
I've got a friend who's been working abroad for 4 years. He's just come back and he cannot believe the toxicity in this country. He's genuinely shocked at the anger and hatred. And it is like that on here a lot too now. I've started trying to block all the political threads and have an ignore list as long as Thomas Frank's ego, if you could extract it from him and lay it end to end. There are a few people in there who are clearly the same person posting under different monikers, which is just sad.

I'd actually be pretty happy if all political threads were banned on here and it was kept to QPR, football, and maybe some popular culture (I really like the threads of people recommending pods, TV shows, films etc).

Bare bones.

Bianca Austin on 13:37 - Feb 20 with 2279 viewsnix

Bianca Austin on 13:31 - Feb 20 by Antti_Heinola

Good post.
I've got a friend who's been working abroad for 4 years. He's just come back and he cannot believe the toxicity in this country. He's genuinely shocked at the anger and hatred. And it is like that on here a lot too now. I've started trying to block all the political threads and have an ignore list as long as Thomas Frank's ego, if you could extract it from him and lay it end to end. There are a few people in there who are clearly the same person posting under different monikers, which is just sad.

I'd actually be pretty happy if all political threads were banned on here and it was kept to QPR, football, and maybe some popular culture (I really like the threads of people recommending pods, TV shows, films etc).

I've just worked out how to ignore threads as well as individual posters and I feel much happier for it!

But it's definitely not a LFW issue, it's a societal one. I don't want to look into the causes though as I
might end up becoming part of the problem we're trying to avoid.
Bianca Austin on 13:40 - Feb 20 with 2258 viewsted_hendrix

Instead of using a keyboard to attack/criticise a players performance and call their kids names from a safe and cowardly distance why not wait outside the players entrance after the final whistle and face them up face to face and do it there and then?

No?

Thought not.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Bianca Austin on 13:43 - Feb 20 with 2239 viewsConorM1882

Bianca Austin on 13:21 - Feb 20 by Lanhoop

Agree, Charlie had very little service yesterday and while a few things he tried didn't come off he didn't hide and I thought worked a lot harder than perhaps he has done recently. Absolutely no reason for anyone to coat him off.

Expectation seems to do dreadful things to some people who follow our team.

+1 on this.

If youā€™re the kind of person that expects your team to win every week, donā€™t support QPR. Itā€™s as simple as that.
Bianca Austin on 13:47 - Feb 20 with 2226 viewsMelakaRanger

Facebook and Twitter are evil because they allow evil to fester within their platforms. They allow anonymity , so this allows for ā€œpeople ā€œ to spout out hatred , untruths and libel without any redress.

And donā€™t forget this is not just nut jobs and Mr Angrys spouting out. There is loads of ā€œforeignā€ government , anti West , involvement too. Didnā€™t they find that the majority of racial slurs posted against the black English players in the summer originated in the eastern block?

Until such time as all social media is policed and to have an account you must prove your identity and address ( like when opening a bank account) the situation will get worse and worse.

Until they do that maybe vote by not using Social media or even closing your account?
Bianca Austin on 13:59 - Feb 20 with 2186 viewsWirralHoop

I left social media for mental health reasons about 3 years ago, one of the best things Iā€™ve ever done. Itā€™s just toxic.

3 or 4 singing rent boys song as I left yesterday on Loftus Rd, trying to get some young maybe 14/15 year olds to join in.

Forgive me but I told em to go sing it (not the teenagers) outside Stamford Bridge.
Bianca Austin on 14:16 - Feb 20 with 2124 viewsHayesender

Where I sit in Y block, there's a good number of blokes in their 40's and 50's who seem to spend all game looking at the away fans and goading them.

Some classics yesterday such as "Town full of bombers", "peados", "Does she take it up the arse", and "groomed in a chip shop".

The one that made me die was some middle aged bloke doing cut throat signs to some Hull fan, and then saying he'll "carve you up outside".

Course you will mate, course you will

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Login to get fewer ads

Bianca Austin on 14:37 - Feb 20 with 2057 viewspaulparker

Good post.

Said the bloke making sarky comments about people and their mums

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot Thatā€™s there thatā€™s two, and thatā€™s Bowles Brian Moore

Bianca Austin on 14:41 - Feb 20 with 2047 viewsAntti_Heinola

Bianca Austin on 14:37 - Feb 20 by paulparker

Said the bloke making sarky comments about people and their mums

Christ mate that was supposed to be a friendly joke! What's wrong with you?

Bare bones.

Bianca Austin on 14:49 - Feb 20 with 2012 viewsPinnerPaul

Bianca Austin on 11:13 - Feb 20 by Rangersw12

We have some proper divs on Facebook/Twitter and they're not kids either

Mostly in their 50's, grey haired and fat. I'm convinced these people don't go to games though and just spend their sad little lives spouting bile on the net as nobody in the real world will give them the time of day

At the games support has been fantastic this season and hopefully the players appreciate that rather than mugs spouting nonsense on the net
[Post edited 20 Feb 2022 11:14]

On the Charlie deleted tweet thing, there was some booing near end of both halves, but I thought that was directed at the officials myself.
Bianca Austin on 14:55 - Feb 20 with 1962 viewsR_from_afar

Bianca Austin on 13:47 - Feb 20 by MelakaRanger

Facebook and Twitter are evil because they allow evil to fester within their platforms. They allow anonymity , so this allows for ā€œpeople ā€œ to spout out hatred , untruths and libel without any redress.

And donā€™t forget this is not just nut jobs and Mr Angrys spouting out. There is loads of ā€œforeignā€ government , anti West , involvement too. Didnā€™t they find that the majority of racial slurs posted against the black English players in the summer originated in the eastern block?

Until such time as all social media is policed and to have an account you must prove your identity and address ( like when opening a bank account) the situation will get worse and worse.

Until they do that maybe vote by not using Social media or even closing your account?

Good post, and a massive irony when it comes to Twitter is that the platform already has a "verified account" system for notable people and celebs.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Bianca Austin on 14:57 - Feb 20 with 1959 viewsPinnerPaul

Good post.

No need to ban anything, you can self ban any threads (and posters) by using the ignore button.

Isn't that what democracy is all about - you don't like political discussion? - just open the op and hit the red cross - that's what I do.

If someone posted repeatedly about a subject on here that no one ever replied to, they would pretty quickly get bored and move on - as Clive has said there are 1,000s of discussion boards where you can vent your political feelings if you're that way inclined.

I'm not a fan of 'banning' in general.
Bianca Austin on 15:02 - Feb 20 with 1927 viewsPinnerPaul

Bianca Austin on 13:43 - Feb 20 by ConorM1882

+1 on this.

If youā€™re the kind of person that expects your team to win every week, donā€™t support QPR. Itā€™s as simple as that.

or any team or any sport come to that!

Its an interesting discussion, a fairly recent thing is that EVERY negative thing has to be SOMEONE's fault - it seems hard for us to accept that 'bad' things do happen.

Not sure how anyone (sane) can look at that little girl at ht & think, OK after the game, what should I do

a) Maybe find out a bit more about her/donate or

b) Abuse Charlie Austin's own children

Shakes head in sadness and despair.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2022 15:02]
Bianca Austin on 15:04 - Feb 20 with 1906 viewsAntti_Heinola

Bianca Austin on 14:57 - Feb 20 by PinnerPaul

No need to ban anything, you can self ban any threads (and posters) by using the ignore button.

Isn't that what democracy is all about - you don't like political discussion? - just open the op and hit the red cross - that's what I do.

If someone posted repeatedly about a subject on here that no one ever replied to, they would pretty quickly get bored and move on - as Clive has said there are 1,000s of discussion boards where you can vent your political feelings if you're that way inclined.

I'm not a fan of 'banning' in general.

Didn't say they should be banned, but that I wouldn't mind if they were. It's a QPR board. I'm a member of a film community too, and all we talk about there is film. But you're right - ignoring them is better!

Bare bones.

Bianca Austin on 15:13 - Feb 20 with 1870 viewsPinnerPaul

Bianca Austin on 15:04 - Feb 20 by Antti_Heinola

Didn't say they should be banned, but that I wouldn't mind if they were. It's a QPR board. I'm a member of a film community too, and all we talk about there is film. But you're right - ignoring them is better!

and on your film board I expect you would get short shrift if you started discussing the merits of Mr Austin?
Bianca Austin on 15:14 - Feb 20 with 1870 viewsTacticalR

Good post.

Where was your friend working?

Air hostess clique

Bianca Austin on 15:15 - Feb 20 with 1865 viewsAntti_Heinola

Bianca Austin on 15:13 - Feb 20 by PinnerPaul

and on your film board I expect you would get short shrift if you started discussing the merits of Mr Austin?

Well, depends which Austin you mean? Stone Cold Steve Austin was pretty decent in The Condemned ;)

Bare bones.

Bianca Austin on 15:15 - Feb 20 with 1861 viewsAntti_Heinola

Bianca Austin on 15:14 - Feb 20 by TacticalR

Where was your friend working?

Japan

Bare bones.

Bianca Austin on 15:38 - Feb 20 with 1774 viewsWatford_Ranger

Bianca Austin on 14:49 - Feb 20 by PinnerPaul

On the Charlie deleted tweet thing, there was some booing near end of both halves, but I thought that was directed at the officials myself.

Totally aimed at the officials IMO.

Austin was awful and heā€™s been awful for some time. If you want smoke blown up your arse, donā€™t post on Twitter especially the way heā€™s been playing. Itā€™s not right that anyone abuses their kids or his wife, but itā€™s pretty simple to ignore rather than craving attention by shining a light on it.
Bianca Austin on 15:46 - Feb 20 with 1736 viewsPunteR

Social media on all formats is a strange new world. I've had to take my online public persona offline a few times for various reasons and now try and limit the amount of time on the socials.
I found reality gets a bit warped and perspective gets fuzzy when used too much.
Twitter seems to be the worst culprit for nasty behaviour and measures should be put in place so there's consequences to stepping out of line.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Bianca Austin on 16:00 - Feb 20 with 1698 viewsWatfordR

Bianca Austin on 13:05 - Feb 20 by Antti_Heinola

It suited him last season, and it hasn't really changed. I feel for him. He had a slow start, a death in the family that clearly affected him tremendously, and he just hasn't been able to build any momentum at all.
I hardly follow any QPR fans on twitter and stay insulated from the nonsense, but it is incredibly depressing. I walked out yesterday knowing that Austin would get a load of abuse on social media. If I was a player, I'd just come off it. It's not worth the hassle.

I'd be interested in any sort of initiative that shows the majority of fans reject this type of behaviour because it must feel at times to those on the receiving end that all fans think this way. They tar all of us with their embarrassing toxicity.

Got to say, I have no time for twitter or instagram or any of that stuff. Keep an eye on FB as a way of keeping up to date with family abroad and that's pretty much it, but rarely post on it.

I'm constantly told by a few other small business holders like myself that I should advertise my business online, but am aware of more than one or two who do who have to waste their time trying to defend themselves from posts and comments made trying to rubbish their products and services. I just refuse to be drawn into such nonsense.
Bianca Austin on 16:32 - Feb 20 with 1606 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I am surprised you are all surprised.

Of course society is scared and angry. Look at the state of this country.
Bianca Austin on 16:38 - Feb 20 with 1586 viewsdavman

Bianca Austin on 13:02 - Feb 20 by kensalriser

We're not really going to pretend that back in the day it was all very proper and civilised and lovey-dovey at football matches, are we? Plentiful racist chants, endless moronic chants about violence and serious disorder and actual violence in and out of the ground on a routine basis. And then there's the open urinating on the terraces...

No, you're right, it isn't really anything new, but it was wrong then and its wrong now.

The coked up angle is new though...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Bianca Austin on 17:04 - Feb 20 with 1492 viewsDorse

Make your point at the match: fair enough, you paid the entrance fee. But this whole long-term digital assault after the fact cannot be positive for anyone. And as for having a pop at players' families? That, Sir, is a cunce move.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024