Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bianca Austin 09:24 - Feb 20 with 12627 viewsHayesender

How some people think this sort of behaviour is acceptable is beyond me. If identifiable I'd ban em for life.

Doubt very much they go to games though

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Bianca Austin on 17:47 - Feb 20 with 3350 viewsBlackCrowe

Bianca Austin on 09:39 - Feb 20 by Hoopstar

Never thought I'd say this but its getting hard to distinguish between our fanbase and Che***a at times - online and at the ground.

Not regular goers but my partner, mum and a couple mates just won't go to games anymore because wherever you sit there's just anger, homophobia and all other sorts of nonsense from a ,admittedly small, minority.

It's definitely worse online but out ground is not a safe, happy place if you're not a beer drinking, coke snorting fool in my experience atm - minority really starting to affect my enjoyment of the game as well and I'm pretty seasoned to it all. Not what I think of when I think of our lovely club.

Sorry to hear that Hoopstar but i beg to differ that it's all over the ground. Never really hear anything untoward in E Paddock (apart from anguish at players, refs etc obvs). Solid bunch in there.

Gets a bit wet though.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Bianca Austin on 17:58 - Feb 20 with 3297 viewsStreathamRanger

Bianca Austin on 17:47 - Feb 20 by BlackCrowe

Sorry to hear that Hoopstar but i beg to differ that it's all over the ground. Never really hear anything untoward in E Paddock (apart from anguish at players, refs etc obvs). Solid bunch in there.

Gets a bit wet though.

It does seem to vary depending on where you sit in the ground. Lower Loft obviously the most family friendly area. I knew X block was going to be a bit more edgy so it didn't necessarily come as a surprise and the kids were fine and still enjoyed the game. Decent atmosphere down there as well apart from the loon who only seemed to have two words in his vocabulary.

Middle of Ellerslie where my dad likes to sit when he makes it to the occasional game is a more refined crowd although you get plenty of experts in there happy to let everyone know what the manager is doing wrong and what every player should be doing to guarantee we win the game.

Overall I think I actually prefer the lower Loft now I'm going with a 6 year old, a nine year old and we're hoping to be joined soon by their 3 year old brother. Marginally more leg room and much more spacious concourse behind the stand.

I've never actually sat in the paddock and only once or twice in SA for pre season games so couldn't comment on the atmosphere in there.
Bianca Austin on 18:32 - Feb 20 with 3239 viewsBillericayR

Bianca Austin on 09:47 - Feb 20 by StreathamRanger

Rent boy song was being sung in X block yesterday. Not by many but a fair number. In general football seems to have an increasing problem with cocaine and anti social behaviour as illustrated by the numbers of people arrested and the shameful scenes at Wembley in the euros. Not sure what the solution to it is.

This could be a solution:

Bianca Austin on 18:38 - Feb 20 with 3212 viewsStreathamRanger

Bianca Austin on 18:32 - Feb 20 by BillericayR

This could be a solution:

Never seen that before 🤣🤣🤣
Sounds like a very sensible plan to me.
Bianca Austin on 22:10 - Feb 20 with 3008 viewsPhilmyRs

Bianca Austin on 10:59 - Feb 20 by davman

"Let him Die" when Matt Ingram on the floor from the Upper Loft was particularly disappointing.

Similar to the unnecessary anti-Derby songs at Pboro' in the cup. Leaves an unnecessary bad taste in the mouth.

Maybe its a generational thing, but we do seem to have more idiotic behaviour in recent years. Of course every club has them, so maybe it is just society and maybe in my day alcohol did the same thing, but it can be a little uncomfortable...

Charlie was shite yesterday and has been pretty shite all season bar Everton at home, but he'll know that. Saying ANYTHING to Bianca and the kids is just idiotic and not what I'd like to see at our club.

Incidentally, I noticed that he put up a tweet last night and then deleted it pretty quick criticising the crowd's backing; something along the lines of "nice to see the fans getting behind us" with a laughing emoji.

RE Ingram, most people I thought were concerned and gave him a decent clap when being stretched off. No doubt some idiots criticising but wouldn’t go overboard on criticism of that
Bianca Austin on 22:47 - Feb 20 with 2914 viewsLoftgirl

Bianca Austin on 16:32 - Feb 20 by BazzaInTheLoft

I am surprised you are all surprised.

Of course society is scared and angry. Look at the state of this country.

This was the plan all along.
Bianca Austin on 23:33 - Feb 20 with 2839 viewsrobith

Bianca Austin on 13:47 - Feb 20 by MelakaRanger

Facebook and Twitter are evil because they allow evil to fester within their platforms. They allow anonymity , so this allows for “people “ to spout out hatred , untruths and libel without any redress.

And don’t forget this is not just nut jobs and Mr Angrys spouting out. There is loads of “foreign” government , anti West , involvement too. Didn’t they find that the majority of racial slurs posted against the black English players in the summer originated in the eastern block?

Until such time as all social media is policed and to have an account you must prove your identity and address ( like when opening a bank account) the situation will get worse and worse.

Until they do that maybe vote by not using Social media or even closing your account?

Most accounts on Facebook though aren't anonymous and people still post all sorts of stuff.

The proposals you suggest would mostly penalise marginalised communities and whistle-blowers.

The main thing that needs to happen is for meta and twitter to actually enforce their codes of conduct - this stuff is already against their T&Cs, its just every impression is money for them.

But trust me, anonymity is not the cause - after all numerous members of our government spread "hatred, libel and mistruths without redress" on a weekly basis
[Post edited 20 Feb 2022 23:35]
Bianca Austin on 23:48 - Feb 20 with 2793 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Bianca Austin on 23:33 - Feb 20 by robith

Most accounts on Facebook though aren't anonymous and people still post all sorts of stuff.

The proposals you suggest would mostly penalise marginalised communities and whistle-blowers.

The main thing that needs to happen is for meta and twitter to actually enforce their codes of conduct - this stuff is already against their T&Cs, its just every impression is money for them.

But trust me, anonymity is not the cause - after all numerous members of our government spread "hatred, libel and mistruths without redress" on a weekly basis
[Post edited 20 Feb 2022 23:35]

It’s a long term solution, but teach kids from the earliest age critical thinking and how do digest information properly.
Login to get fewer ads

Bianca Austin on 07:42 - Feb 21 with 2655 viewsdistortR

Bianca Austin on 23:48 - Feb 20 by BazzaInTheLoft

It’s a long term solution, but teach kids from the earliest age critical thinking and how do digest information properly.

Thomas Sowell resonates when he talks about how if people don't have common decency, there can never be enough policing (In the wider sense here)

Then look at our leaders, our cultural icons etc etc..........the people 'we' are supposed to follow and mimic. Watch some of the content beamed into our homes.

I don't 'do' social media, this is the only place I have ever put thoughts on-line, but it appears that Ms Austin uses her position to try and do good things, my scorn for bullies who attack people through their families knows no end, whether the target be Charlie Austin or John Terry.
Bianca Austin on 07:54 - Feb 21 with 2623 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Bianca Austin on 07:42 - Feb 21 by distortR

Thomas Sowell resonates when he talks about how if people don't have common decency, there can never be enough policing (In the wider sense here)

Then look at our leaders, our cultural icons etc etc..........the people 'we' are supposed to follow and mimic. Watch some of the content beamed into our homes.

I don't 'do' social media, this is the only place I have ever put thoughts on-line, but it appears that Ms Austin uses her position to try and do good things, my scorn for bullies who attack people through their families knows no end, whether the target be Charlie Austin or John Terry.

Thomas Sowell can fck off.
Bianca Austin on 08:14 - Feb 21 with 2600 viewsMetallica_Hoop

We seem to have a lot of these online now.

I'd love it if they got a hefty ban or fine for being kunty.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Bianca Austin on 09:05 - Feb 21 with 2497 viewsBucksRanger

Bianca Austin on 07:54 - Feb 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

Good to see your critical thinking coming to the forefront of your analysis here Baz.
Bianca Austin on 10:37 - Feb 21 with 2373 viewssilverbirch

Bianca Austin on 07:54 - Feb 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

No idea who Sowell is but surprised anyone would disagree with what is said in distortr’s post?
Bianca Austin on 10:38 - Feb 21 with 2357 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Bianca Austin on 10:37 - Feb 21 by silverbirch

No idea who Sowell is but surprised anyone would disagree with what is said in distortr’s post?

Yeah not disagreeing it. I studied Sowell.

It was an attempt at irony.
Bianca Austin on 11:06 - Feb 21 with 2316 viewssilverbirch

Bianca Austin on 10:38 - Feb 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

Ah! I’ll look him up
Bianca Austin on 15:05 - Feb 21 with 2101 viewsMoonshineSteve

(I laughed.)

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

Bianca Austin on 15:12 - Feb 21 with 2081 viewsPinnerPaul

Bianca Austin on 17:47 - Feb 20 by BlackCrowe

Gets a bit wet though.

Have to agree, T block is pretty civilised!
Bianca Austin on 15:47 - Feb 21 with 2033 viewskensalriser

Bianca Austin on 15:12 - Feb 21 by PinnerPaul

Have to agree, T block is pretty civilised!

You clearly didn't hear my critiquing of the ref's performance on Saturday!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Bianca Austin on 15:49 - Feb 21 with 2030 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Better get your coat then Baz
Bianca Austin on 16:30 - Feb 21 with 1942 viewsthemodfather

not good having a go and a woman and kids. wrong imo. not the qpr "way".
Bianca Austin on 18:02 - Feb 21 with 1825 viewsPinnerPaul

Bianca Austin on 15:47 - Feb 21 by kensalriser

You clearly didn't hear my critiquing of the ref's performance on Saturday!

That's just normal football noise! - abusing your own players and fans and generally making everyone around you uncomfortable - not seen that very often where I sit.
Bianca Austin on 13:57 - Feb 22 with 1572 viewsEsox_Lucius

Bianca Austin on 18:02 - Feb 21 by PinnerPaul

That's just normal football noise! - abusing your own players and fans and generally making everyone around you uncomfortable - not seen that very often where I sit.

Pop over to MU. There is one "Coach" right behind us that bellows "tactics" throughout each & every game, so much so that the couple in front of him asked to be moved from their seats. He has been pissing people off so much around where I sit that I eventually said something to him in the 1st half. He said he was "supporting" the team. I had a longer discussion with him at half time and he still insisted he was just trying to help even after I said how pissed off people were and 2 people had moved seats. I noticed he was a lot better during the second half and at the end of the game someone near me came over and said "Thanks"

The grass is always greener.

Bianca Austin on 22:23 - Feb 22 with 1298 viewsdaveB

Bianca Austin on 13:47 - Feb 20 by MelakaRanger

Facebook and Twitter are evil because they allow evil to fester within their platforms. They allow anonymity , so this allows for “people “ to spout out hatred , untruths and libel without any redress.

And don’t forget this is not just nut jobs and Mr Angrys spouting out. There is loads of “foreign” government , anti West , involvement too. Didn’t they find that the majority of racial slurs posted against the black English players in the summer originated in the eastern block?

Until such time as all social media is policed and to have an account you must prove your identity and address ( like when opening a bank account) the situation will get worse and worse.

Until they do that maybe vote by not using Social media or even closing your account?

It's not social media thats the problem it's the people using it. Facebook, Twitter etc was not set up to allow people to abuse other people thats just what people are now using it for and hiding behind the idea that social media companies are to blame. It's like blaming car and alcohol manufactures for someone drink driving,

There is of course more they could do to police it but ultimately people need to stop being arseholes
Bianca Austin on 07:48 - Feb 23 with 1149 viewstoboboly

Bianca Austin on 13:57 - Feb 22 by Esox_Lucius

Pop over to MU. There is one "Coach" right behind us that bellows "tactics" throughout each & every game, so much so that the couple in front of him asked to be moved from their seats. He has been pissing people off so much around where I sit that I eventually said something to him in the 1st half. He said he was "supporting" the team. I had a longer discussion with him at half time and he still insisted he was just trying to help even after I said how pissed off people were and 2 people had moved seats. I noticed he was a lot better during the second half and at the end of the game someone near me came over and said "Thanks"

Years ago a father and son moved next to us, we are NU/MU. The son kept shouting "triangles" when we didn't have the ball and "pressure" when we did.

It seems like such a small thing but it almost drove us to murder. They disappeared after a season and a half never to be seen again, promise it wasn't us.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Bianca Austin on 09:48 - Feb 23 with 1082 viewsW7Ranger

Bianca Austin on 22:23 - Feb 22 by daveB

It's not social media thats the problem it's the people using it. Facebook, Twitter etc was not set up to allow people to abuse other people thats just what people are now using it for and hiding behind the idea that social media companies are to blame. It's like blaming car and alcohol manufactures for someone drink driving,

There is of course more they could do to police it but ultimately people need to stop being arseholes

"but ultimately people need to stop being arseholes"

You spelt khunts wrong.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024