Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Manager: odds 13:14 - May 3 with 178191 viewsTonto

Manning favourite. Eustace second favourite. Our old friend Timmy turns up again.

https://www.bettingodds.com/thesackrace/teams/queens-park-rangers

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

New Manager: odds on 14:33 - May 13 with 5160 viewsflynnbo

New Manager: odds on 10:44 - May 13 by daveinmelbourne

Very good points all, and me going off on a tangent, Leeds would be the obvious choice, but it’s an itch I can’t seem to scratch. He seems a bit far too ‘Northern’ (?) to be considered, Watford notwithstanding of course!

Sorry Dave, didn’t mean to upvote this.
New Manager: odds on 14:35 - May 13 with 5134 viewsTheChef

New Manager: odds on 14:26 - May 13 by LongRanger

Ainsworth for me over Dyche or anyone else, 10 years experience at Wycombe, been relegated, promoted and spent time in the championship, worked with youth, old pros and loans, plays a high tempo high press, may not be the prettiest to watch, but he hasn't had the most talented players to use and works on a budget. Doubt we'd ever leave the ground feeling like they hadn't put everything in.

Yeah I don't mind the hoofball as long as the players put in 100%.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

New Manager: odds on 14:38 - May 13 with 5093 viewsMaggsinho

New Manager: odds on 12:49 - May 13 by Northernr

I believe he's from Kettering actually.

So he is from up North.
New Manager: odds on 14:41 - May 13 with 5075 viewsLongRanger

New Manager: odds on 14:35 - May 13 by TheChef

Yeah I don't mind the hoofball as long as the players put in 100%.

Warnock played hoofball at Sheff utd and others, but come to us and had Tarrabt and Faurlin, no many complaints about Colin
New Manager: odds on 14:55 - May 13 with 4984 viewsdmm

New Manager: odds on 14:38 - May 13 by Maggsinho

So he is from up North.

Kettering is north of Hatfield so you're absolutely right.
New Manager: odds on 15:37 - May 13 with 4807 viewsterryb

New Manager: odds on 12:53 - May 13 by DannytheR

The weird thing is, post Dave Sexton we've rarely ever been the kind of club that would have employed a manager of Dyche's profile, straight from multiple seasons in the top flight — even when we were a top flight club.

Jim Smith and Gerry came from the division below, Wilkins was promoted from within, etc etc. The closest we've come to bringing in "real" "proven" Premiership managers (and that when we were actually in the Premiership) has been Hughes and Redknapp. SURELY we've learned a lesson from that?
[Post edited 13 May 2022 12:54]

My number one choice of worst ever manager was also appointed (twice) with top flight experience, including an FA Cup win.

Docherty, Hughes & Redknapp demonstrate that we should avoid this type of manager forever!
New Manager: odds on 15:47 - May 13 with 4759 viewsDannyPaddox

New Manager: odds on 14:38 - May 13 by Maggsinho

So he is from up North.

North as in North-West Norfolk
New Manager: odds on 16:27 - May 13 with 4581 viewsAntti_Heinola

What's interesting about the debate is the amount of people who want a 'proven manager at this level' who has a promotion from this league on their CV. Which rather narrows the pool, especially when you factor in that presumably the same people would not want, for example, Steve Bruce, say, or Alex Neil. Or Aidy Boothroyd. So how about this question: who would your top 3 managers currently managing in this league be, assuming money was no object?

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

New Manager: odds on 16:32 - May 13 with 4558 viewsdmm

New Manager: odds on 16:27 - May 13 by Antti_Heinola

What's interesting about the debate is the amount of people who want a 'proven manager at this level' who has a promotion from this league on their CV. Which rather narrows the pool, especially when you factor in that presumably the same people would not want, for example, Steve Bruce, say, or Alex Neil. Or Aidy Boothroyd. So how about this question: who would your top 3 managers currently managing in this league be, assuming money was no object?

I'll say it first. Mark Warburton.
New Manager: odds on 16:35 - May 13 with 4539 viewsLblock

If you could widen that to "who have managed at this level" with money no object then surely all roads lead to Marco Biesla (SP)

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

New Manager: odds on 16:37 - May 13 with 4532 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Filter it down further by adding 'without parachute payments' or 'breaching FFP'.
New Manager: odds on 16:52 - May 13 with 4434 viewsjtuck

New Manager: odds on 15:37 - May 13 by terryb

My number one choice of worst ever manager was also appointed (twice) with top flight experience, including an FA Cup win.

Docherty, Hughes & Redknapp demonstrate that we should avoid this type of manager forever!

He may have been a World Cup winner but IMHO the Number One worst manager was Alan Mullery.

I still remember Holloway's glowing praise for Warburton on a season ending Up All Rs podcast and his complete contempt for McClaren. We won't get in as good a manager as Warbs and I think we all kinda know it!

LAranger

New Manager: odds on 17:35 - May 13 with 4232 viewsDannytheR

The awful truth is that the Championship manager who has got his team far further than you can imagine anyone else at this level doing is... Nathan Jones.

PS This post is in no way, shape or form meant to imply that I want Nathan Jones to manage QPR
[Post edited 13 May 2022 18:06]
New Manager: odds on 19:03 - May 13 with 3970 viewsNushnool

New Manager: odds on 14:11 - May 13 by enfieldargh

Must be something about Trent water that makes people buy lots of things in Nottingham

Exactly the sort of excesses that the Council of Trent had supposed to have dealt with in fact.
New Manager: odds on 20:20 - May 13 with 3761 viewsPhil_i_P_Daddy

New Manager: odds on 17:35 - May 13 by DannytheR

The awful truth is that the Championship manager who has got his team far further than you can imagine anyone else at this level doing is... Nathan Jones.

PS This post is in no way, shape or form meant to imply that I want Nathan Jones to manage QPR
[Post edited 13 May 2022 18:06]

Bananarama used to rate him.

Phil_i_P

New Manager: odds on 07:40 - May 14 with 3225 viewsNoDiddley

My mate the postman works with a lady who knows Adam Barrett. Who is Rowetts number 2?
She told him he’s had an interview with us!
There you go it’s Gary Rowett, do we get old Jed Wallace as well?
New Manager: odds on 08:00 - May 14 with 3150 viewsTonto

Not a surprise to see him rocket to no 2 this morning after a golden source of info like that!

Manning remains favourite by a long way though

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

New Manager: odds on 08:18 - May 14 with 3096 viewsNortholt_Rs

New Manager: odds on 08:00 - May 14 by Tonto

Not a surprise to see him rocket to no 2 this morning after a golden source of info like that!

Manning remains favourite by a long way though

It’ll be Liam Manning. 100%

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

New Manager: odds on 08:52 - May 14 with 2981 viewsWegerles_Stairs

New Manager: odds on 07:40 - May 14 by NoDiddley

My mate the postman works with a lady who knows Adam Barrett. Who is Rowetts number 2?

Be interesting to know what the interview entails.

Ferdinand: "Will you do what I say, while accepting all responsibility for failure?"
New Manager: odds on 09:06 - May 14 with 2935 viewsdaveinmelbourne

New Manager: odds on 16:35 - May 13 by Lblock

If you could widen that to "who have managed at this level" with money no object then surely all roads lead to Marco Biesla (SP)

Now Bielsa, that could be fun!
New Manager: odds on 09:19 - May 14 with 2890 viewsStanisgod

New Manager: odds on 20:20 - May 13 by Phil_i_P_Daddy

Bananarama used to rate him.

That would be the Supremes mate 🙄

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

New Manager: odds on 09:20 - May 14 with 2892 viewsR_from_afar

New Manager: odds on 08:52 - May 14 by Wegerles_Stairs

Be interesting to know what the interview entails.

Ferdinand: "Will you do what I say, while accepting all responsibility for failure?"

Come on, spill the beans: The final interviews are with you, aren't they?

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

New Manager: odds on 09:31 - May 14 with 2857 viewsfrancisbowles

New Manager: odds on 16:52 - May 13 by jtuck

He may have been a World Cup winner but IMHO the Number One worst manager was Alan Mullery.

I still remember Holloway's glowing praise for Warburton on a season ending Up All Rs podcast and his complete contempt for McClaren. We won't get in as good a manager as Warbs and I think we all kinda know it!

He wasn't a world cup winner. He would probably have been in the squad but he was injured. Supposedly, he ricked his back cleaning his teeth.

https://www.worldfootball.net/teams/england-team/wm-1966-in-england/2/
New Manager: odds on 09:51 - May 14 with 2768 viewsDannyPaddox

New Manager: odds on 07:40 - May 14 by NoDiddley

QPR supporters in pubs later today.

Rowett’s being interviewed for the QPR job.

How do you know that?

From No Diddley.

Who’s No Diddley?

Geezer on the internet

Oh yeah.

I suppose it could be a woman.

But you’re not sure?

I’ve never really thought about it to be honest.

So how does this gender-mysterious No Diddley know that Gary Rowett is being interviewed for the QPR job.

His mate is a postman.

Ok.

And he works with a lady …

What in the post office?

I suppose so.

Or does he have another job?

I don’t know. Actually his signature photo is a gnome in a QPR kit.

Who’s signature photo is a gnome in a QPR kit?

No Diddley.

So?

So he might be a bloke.

A small bloke.

Quite possibly.

So how does the quite possibly diminutive No Diddley’s female work colleague know about the latest development in the QPR manager vacancy?

She knows whissisname?

Whassisname?

Thingy Barrett

Syd Barrett?

No.

Michael Barrett?

No.

Aston "Family Man" Barrett. Reggae multi-instrumentalist?

Adam Barrett.

Who’s Adam Barrett?

Adam Barrett is Gary Rowett’s number 2.

So Bo Diddley’s … sorry No Diddley’s postman’s mate’s female work colleague knows Gary Rowett’s assistant. Interesting.

(pause)

I still think it’ll be Tony Pulis.
New Manager: odds on 18:04 - May 14 with 2323 viewsFrankRightguard

On Skybet Manning has come into 2/5 from 11/10 this morning. Big move.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024