Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Manager: odds 13:14 - May 3 with 177571 viewsTonto

Manning favourite. Eustace second favourite. Our old friend Timmy turns up again.

https://www.bettingodds.com/thesackrace/teams/queens-park-rangers

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

New Manager: odds on 12:26 - May 12 with 4327 viewsE17hoop

If Eustace was meant to be going to Watford, he's out of luck.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

New Manager: odds on 12:36 - May 12 with 4247 viewsAntti_Heinola

New Manager: odds on 10:35 - May 12 by daveB

I've always liked Karl Robinson, I'd probably go with him if pushed but he does seem to do well under less pressure, when he went to a club in Charlton with similar fan expectations he seemed to struggle a bit so I'm already talking myself out of this.

Wasn't that more about absolutely mental owners than fans expectations?

Bare bones.

New Manager: odds on 12:48 - May 12 with 4160 viewssprocket

Almost certainly someone already in a job hence the delay. I'll get my coat.
New Manager: odds on 12:57 - May 12 with 4084 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Judging by the interview a few weeks ago with Warburton it's going to be someone young. So Manning fits the bill. He was talking about the next generation of manager coming through but suggested it was too soon for them.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

New Manager: odds on 13:46 - May 12 with 3834 viewsNorthernr

New Manager: odds on 12:26 - May 12 by E17hoop

If Eustace was meant to be going to Watford, he's out of luck.

If Warbs stays in this country rather than going to the MLS I think Eustace will go with him.
New Manager: odds on 14:20 - May 12 with 3682 viewsdaveB

New Manager: odds on 12:36 - May 12 by Antti_Heinola

Wasn't that more about absolutely mental owners than fans expectations?

That probably didn't help, does look a basket case that club
New Manager: odds on 14:28 - May 12 with 3644 viewsSilverfoxqpr

New Manager: odds on 11:01 - May 12 by Rangersw12

There doesn't seem to be anyone better than what we already had!

If this decision was made months ago you would of thought they would have sounded people out to make a quick appointment but that doesn't seem to be the case

Exactly this. Not sure I've managed to get my head around it yet.
New Manager: odds on 14:35 - May 12 with 3600 viewsrobith

My main worry is a lot of the most vocal critics of Warbz, particularly on twitter, would always advocate Dyche or some other unrealistic name. I fear we appoint a progressive manager from the league below and they're gonna be on his back from day dot.

Twitter loves to serve me unhinged QPR tweets instead of posts by my mates and today I got one in my feed saying they wanted Warburton back as boss. 3 days ago, said account was in my feed telling a Brum fan Warbz was the worst manager we've ever had

¯_(ツ)_/¯
Login to get fewer ads

New Manager: odds on 15:49 - May 12 with 3300 viewsdavman

Manning in to Evens and is today's favourite. I guess someone has put a cheeky off chance 20p bet down on him to get those odds crashing.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

New Manager: odds on 16:09 - May 12 with 3193 viewsNorthernr

New Manager: odds on 14:35 - May 12 by robith

My main worry is a lot of the most vocal critics of Warbz, particularly on twitter, would always advocate Dyche or some other unrealistic name. I fear we appoint a progressive manager from the league below and they're gonna be on his back from day dot.

Twitter loves to serve me unhinged QPR tweets instead of posts by my mates and today I got one in my feed saying they wanted Warburton back as boss. 3 days ago, said account was in my feed telling a Brum fan Warbz was the worst manager we've ever had

¯_(ツ)_/¯

I've ended up being copied into a Twitter thread today that starts...

All I’m saying is. If we don’t go out and get Dyche. Les and the board need to go.

Dyche is a proven manager with bundles of experience and can work with a very tight budget (which we have) so would be so silly not to get him

and includes a reply from a different account of...

Agreed. We need a coach of the standard of Dyche, Farke or David Wagner. These are not high-risk appointments.

Manning imho would be a massively high-risk appointment. I don't think he's what we need right now.

We need a step up from Warburton, not a step-down. QPR owners can afford to appoint a quality coach. The big question is do they want to. If not it will be another yes man appointment. Exactly the type of manager we don't need.

The big problem at QPR is the people who make the decisions. This needs to change soon. Otherwise, nothing will change.

With lots of "bang on" etc.

What chance have you got with that audience?
New Manager: odds on 16:19 - May 12 with 3135 viewsSilverfoxqpr

New Manager: odds on 16:09 - May 12 by Northernr

All I’m saying is. If we don’t go out and get Dyche. Les and the board need to go.

Dyche is a proven manager with bundles of experience and can work with a very tight budget (which we have) so would be so silly not to get him

Agreed. We need a coach of the standard of Dyche, Farke or David Wagner. These are not high-risk appointments.

Manning imho would be a massively high-risk appointment. I don't think he's what we need right now.

We need a step up from Warburton, not a step-down. QPR owners can afford to appoint a quality coach. The big question is do they want to. If not it will be another yes man appointment. Exactly the type of manager we don't need.

The big problem at QPR is the people who make the decisions. This needs to change soon. Otherwise, nothing will change.

Yes I saw that one. To be fair a couple of the replies politely pointed out it's not in our budget / likely to go to a Prem Club / are you mental? but of course they were shouted down and/or ignored altogether.

In all seriousness I already feel sorry for whoever comes in, unless they 'do a Warnock' and remain unbeaten for the first dozen games or so of the season they'll be slaughtered on social media.
New Manager: odds on 16:22 - May 12 with 3113 viewsrobith

Just been served that myself. Felt like I'd fallen into a wormhole in a parallel dimension
New Manager: odds on 16:24 - May 12 with 3093 viewsSimonJames

If the expectation is a top 6 finish, who in their right mind is going to sign up for what is likely to be a rather short stint as manager/coach?

100% of people who drink water will die.

New Manager: odds on 16:27 - May 12 with 3072 viewsNorthernr

New Manager: odds on 16:22 - May 12 by robith

Just been served that myself. Felt like I'd fallen into a wormhole in a parallel dimension

The QPR that exists physically is often very different from the one that exists in the minds of QPR Twitter. This becomes particularly stark in the periods of time where the transfer window is open.
New Manager: odds on 16:30 - May 12 with 3049 viewsdaveB

We're in a world where someone can create an account, make shit up and pass it off as fact and people believe it, I keep reading things on twitter which is absolute nonsense made up tosh and people are losing their shit over it demanding sackings. It's bonkers

Whether people agree with Warbs going or not just let the club appoint a manager and then either praise or criticise them depending on how it goes. The Warburton appointment was not exactly popular at the time on social media.

You'd think/hope people might have learnt from last summer when they demanded players to be signed who were quickly slaughtered within a few months when they didn't meet the big expectations. Same happening with the manager this summer.
New Manager: odds on 16:37 - May 12 with 3010 viewsNorthernr

New Manager: odds on 16:30 - May 12 by daveB

We're in a world where someone can create an account, make shit up and pass it off as fact and people believe it, I keep reading things on twitter which is absolute nonsense made up tosh and people are losing their shit over it demanding sackings. It's bonkers

Whether people agree with Warbs going or not just let the club appoint a manager and then either praise or criticise them depending on how it goes. The Warburton appointment was not exactly popular at the time on social media.

You'd think/hope people might have learnt from last summer when they demanded players to be signed who were quickly slaughtered within a few months when they didn't meet the big expectations. Same happening with the manager this summer.

A lot of the same accounts that were threatening the club with all sorts if they didn't confirm Austin and Johansen were the first ones to turn on them. I just don't get it.

I need to go through my 'mutes' and find Angry Little Stone Island Boy 6.8 who spent the first three months of the season saying the sweariest swearing he'd heard on the playground about how Seny Dieng was terrible, and steadfastly posted his preferred XI for the next game with Jordan Archer in goal each time.
New Manager: odds on 16:56 - May 12 with 2886 viewsslmrstid

New Manager: odds on 16:37 - May 12 by Northernr

A lot of the same accounts that were threatening the club with all sorts if they didn't confirm Austin and Johansen were the first ones to turn on them. I just don't get it.

I need to go through my 'mutes' and find Angry Little Stone Island Boy 6.8 who spent the first three months of the season saying the sweariest swearing he'd heard on the playground about how Seny Dieng was terrible, and steadfastly posted his preferred XI for the next game with Jordan Archer in goal each time.

It is all absolutely mental, but I also fear by all being on Twitter our executive board pay attention to these numbnuts as if they are the groundswell of opinion on the fanbase, in comparison to those who actually attend games at the ground.
New Manager: odds on 17:04 - May 12 with 2847 viewsQPRSteve

Another one to add to the pot.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/john-herdman-burnley-blackburn-qpr-26948

Never heard of him.
New Manager: odds on 17:07 - May 12 with 2822 viewsEsox_Lucius

New Manager: odds on 16:56 - May 12 by slmrstid

It is all absolutely mental, but I also fear by all being on Twitter our executive board pay attention to these numbnuts as if they are the groundswell of opinion on the fanbase, in comparison to those who actually attend games at the ground.

They don't. I asked Ruben that question a while ago and the response was the board, and the media team, are well aware of the things that Clive has pointed out.

The grass is always greener.

New Manager: odds on 17:18 - May 12 with 2744 viewsnumptydumpty

New Manager: odds on 11:01 - May 12 by Rangersw12

There doesn't seem to be anyone better than what we already had!

If this decision was made months ago you would of thought they would have sounded people out to make a quick appointment but that doesn't seem to be the case

Idiotic decision to get rid of Warburton.

Seems to have been punished for the January window and ridiculous amount of bad luck with long term injuries to key players.

TBH a lot of change in form was out of his control but everything was put at Warburton s door.

I feel the powers that be have not considered where we would be heading without him and currently it seems no real plan going forwards and the people that they want in place to achieve it.

Rumours I know - but seems to have been not on same page with Les.

The next appointment is key. If it fails, the powers that be, will need to look at themselves and consider whether their own performances and choices are not great for our great club going forwards.

In my eyes, they taken a massive but also unnecessary risk.

Let's hope they truly are aware of what they are doing and not just pissing in the wind, when stick would have been a very solid option !!!

My view - admittedly negative - is that its a f**k up !!!

Hope I am proved wrong..
[Post edited 12 May 2022 17:19]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

New Manager: odds on 17:41 - May 12 with 2619 viewsBenny_the_Ball

New Manager: odds on 16:22 - May 12 by robith

'Tis why I don't do twitter.
New Manager: odds on 17:49 - May 12 with 2584 viewsrobith

New Manager: odds on 17:41 - May 12 by Benny_the_Ball

'Tis why I don't do twitter.

It has a lot of upsides (pro tip: lists are a much better use than one big timeline) but recently they've started quite aggressively putting stuff in your timeline on subjects they think I'm interested in and the QPR stuff is always without fail, completely unhinged
New Manager: odds on 17:57 - May 12 with 2535 viewsaston_hoop

in other Championship Manager news, Blackburn are going after Carlos Carvalhal

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

New Manager: odds on 18:29 - May 12 with 2381 viewsdaveB

New Manager: odds on 17:57 - May 12 by aston_hoop

in other Championship Manager news, Blackburn are going after Carlos Carvalhal

He had a big budget at Sheffield Wednesday and never managed to get them up, left behind an absolute mess
New Manager: odds on 19:06 - May 12 with 2241 viewsVancouverHoop

New Manager: odds on 17:04 - May 12 by QPRSteve

Another one to add to the pot.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/john-herdman-burnley-blackburn-qpr-26948

Never heard of him.

He's on lot of teams' radar. His resumé at international level is impressive. He took New Zealand's womens team to the WWC finals for the first time. Did the same thing with Canadian Women's National Team. And this year is taking the Canadian Men's Team to Qatar in November, the first time they've got that far since 1986.

He's British (a Geordie) and clearly works well with younger players, which would suit QPR's stated goal. However he's never managed at a senior professional club level, and never given any indication he wants to. It would be a massive gamble, for him and any team that appointed him. He seems pretty clear-headed, and his international record is impeccable. I can see him moving to a European national team rather than a club, that's what he knows and is good at.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024