Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Beer Batter 00:46 - Jul 27 with 4076 viewsBoston

..just me, prefer when it's not. And, mushy peas, northern guff.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Beer Batter on 07:05 - Jul 27 with 2283 viewsWokingR

Mushy peas stink
Beer Batter on 07:34 - Jul 27 with 2263 viewsdistortR

Beer Batter on 07:05 - Jul 27 by WokingR

Mushy peas stink

level up fella's, mushy peas are good.
Beer Batter on 07:49 - Jul 27 with 2236 viewsstevec

The words Beer Batter on any pub menu should set the alarm bells off.

Few years back, pre match Saturday lunchtime in an establishment that’s since closed and reopened I believe (ahem), the most ginormous ‘fish’ turned up on my plate, so big I was having trouble finding the chips. Despite chiselling my way through to the other side, I was unable to locate any actual fish.
Beer Batter on 07:55 - Jul 27 with 2228 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I had beer battered fish Jubilee Saturday in a Nicholson's round the back of Victoria (the station NC) and the girl I was with had I think scampi done the same.

As me late old nan used to say "it were 'andsome".

Then we got battered ourselves.

Mushy peas need be moist like a dank cleft on the Cornish coast otherwise they taste weird.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Beer Batter on 08:10 - Jul 27 with 2214 viewsKonk

Beer Batter on 07:34 - Jul 27 by distortR

level up fella's, mushy peas are good.

Fairly agnostic on mushy peas, but minted mushy peas are flipping lush.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Beer Batter on 08:22 - Jul 27 with 2186 viewslightwaterhoop

Love beer battered cod and mushy peas.If anyone is in the Surrey area they do a superb fish n chips in the White Hart in Chobham.Good beer as well.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2022 8:32]
Beer Batter on 08:25 - Jul 27 with 2182 viewsted_hendrix

Beer Batter on 08:10 - Jul 27 by Konk

I have made mushy peas, It is a time consuming procedure but well worth It.

If I was Prime Minister I'd make a law whereby mushy peas can only be served without any added flavouring and that includes bloody mint and even worse bloody cheese.

I'm disappointed in you Konk, I might even put you on 'ignore' for a couple of days.

I consider myself an expert on mushy peas a sort of mushy peas aficionado.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Beer Batter on 09:01 - Jul 27 with 2130 viewscolinallcars

Beer Batter on 08:25 - Jul 27 by ted_hendrix

If I was Prime Minister I'd make a law whereby mushy peas can only be served without any added flavouring and that includes bloody mint and even worse bloody cheese.

I'm disappointed in you Konk, I might even put you on 'ignore' for a couple of days.

If you were Prime Minister, I'd campaign for the return of Boris…no seriously, a nice bit of London Pride-battered haddock in a Fuller's pub. Washed down of course with a few pints of London Pride.
Login to get fewer ads

Beer Batter on 09:08 - Jul 27 with 2120 viewsfrancisbowles

It's kind of what you expect from a Fools fan though. Taking the working man's tasty treat and making it into some sort of posh culinary delight!
Beer Batter on 09:16 - Jul 27 with 2119 viewsKonk

Mate, if I’m served plain mushy peas, I’m very happy. But as with lots of things, Mint takes it up a notch.

As for claims that they’re in some way poncy, I was introduced to them about 25 years ago by a mate from Nottingham, who said they were a local delicacy and a big favourite at Nottingham’s Goose Fair. Ex-Miners eat the fuc kers, so you can all fu ck right off!

Beer Batter on 09:51 - Jul 27 with 2088 viewsNushnool

I've never had mushy peas, can't bring myself to eat them. So I don't hate mushy peas, just the idea of them.
Beer Batter on 10:09 - Jul 27 with 2068 viewsSonofpugwash

Mushy/processed peas are Satan's Bogies.

I quite like them.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Beer Batter on 10:52 - Jul 27 with 1998 viewsBklynRanger

Beer Batter on 09:51 - Jul 27 by Nushnool

I've never had mushy peas, can't bring myself to eat them. So I don't hate mushy peas, just the idea of them.

I'm against peas in any form - daft little green things, a curse upon them all, and indeed a pox on the house of anyone who champions them excessively.

This thread though has highlighted my need to pay more attention to batter - don't know that I can truly say what the difference is between beer batter and non-beer batter. The beer obviously.

Will look into this. Fish and chips is fcuking expensive these days, I know that.
Beer Batter on 11:56 - Jul 27 with 1957 viewsMick_S

Beer Batter on 08:10 - Jul 27 by Konk

Anyone puts mint near or on my food they die. Especially lamb. Ok?

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Beer Batter on 12:12 - Jul 27 with 1943 viewsDorse

Beer Batter on 11:56 - Jul 27 by Mick_S

What if someone throws a Polo at you when you're eating a Pot Noodle?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Beer Batter on 12:26 - Jul 27 with 1920 viewsKonk

Beer Batter on 11:56 - Jul 27 by Mick_S

New potatoes? What about a nice After Eight or Elizabeth Shaw at the end of a Ruby?

Beer Batter on 12:41 - Jul 27 with 1894 viewsToast_R

Anyone have a Superfish near them?

Still think they are superior to any other chippy. Fried in beef dripping and the flavour is 100 times better.
Had a sit down in my local one a few weeks back. Still amuses me when they wheel the trolly over with the pickles and condiments. Nice Ukrainian waitress too.
I taught my 7 year old how to peel the perfect prawn and not to be freaked out by the guts.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2022 12:45]
Beer Batter on 12:47 - Jul 27 with 1876 viewsDannyPaddox

I used to frequent a chip shop that did mushy pea fritters - a rare delectation. However the chip-shop proprietor was wary of making them as frozen mushy peas, he one day explained, are an unpredictable substance prone to becoming a volatile explosive mass if left in the deep-fat fryer for just a second too long. The old boy that ran the chippy had a grizzled countenance and normally showed little emotion but the tension on his face when deep-frying mushy peas was palpable. I loved them and I think he dreaded me coming in. But who knows maybe the adrenaline-rush of deep-fat frying mushy peas is what he lived for.
Beer Batter on 13:50 - Jul 27 with 1795 viewsBklynRanger

Beer Batter on 12:41 - Jul 27 by Toast_R

Anyone have a Superfish near them?

Still think they are superior to any other chippy. Fried in beef dripping and the flavour is 100 times better.
Had a sit down in my local one a few weeks back. Still amuses me when they wheel the trolly over with the pickles and condiments. Nice Ukrainian waitress too.
I taught my 7 year old how to peel the perfect prawn and not to be freaked out by the guts.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2022 12:45]

I see there's one in Waterloo which I'll give a go.

The Fish House in Notting Hill is good but pricey. (I really must stop complaining about the prices.)
Beer Batter on 13:55 - Jul 27 with 1776 viewsNushnool

Beer Batter on 10:52 - Jul 27 by BklynRanger

I'm against peas in any form - daft little green things, a curse upon them all, and indeed a pox on the house of anyone who champions them excessively.

This thread though has highlighted my need to pay more attention to batter - don't know that I can truly say what the difference is between beer batter and non-beer batter. The beer obviously.

Will look into this. Fish and chips is fcuking expensive these days, I know that.

The effort of getting peas to stay on your fork vs the taste of them once they get to your mouth is maybe the worst gastronomic trade-off.
Beer Batter on 13:58 - Jul 27 with 1768 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Petits pois/garden peas for me every time.

In my humble: mushy peas are the less anemic cousin of Mexican refried beans. Both appear as a lump plopped on the plate taking up valuable real estate that could be used for something else. They have no redeemable qualities, certainly not nutritional...fcuk 'em!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Beer Batter on 14:00 - Jul 27 with 1761 viewswombat

Beer Batter on 13:55 - Jul 27 by Nushnool

The effort of getting peas to stay on your fork vs the taste of them once they get to your mouth is maybe the worst gastronomic trade-off.

give me horrendus farts, im talking mega explosions so always try to have them the night before a long car trip up north just for the lads in the car obv thats if curry friday dosnt happen of course , its good to share

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Beer Batter on 14:07 - Jul 27 with 1744 viewsKonk

Beer Batter on 13:58 - Jul 27 by PlanetHonneywood

Petits pois/garden peas for me every time.

In my humble: mushy peas are the less anemic cousin of Mexican refried beans. Both appear as a lump plopped on the plate taking up valuable real estate that could be used for something else. They have no redeemable qualities, certainly not nutritional...fcuk 'em!

Oh, mate! Refried beans are bloody ace.

Beer Batter on 14:08 - Jul 27 with 1739 viewsSonofpugwash

I eat my peas with honey
I've done it all my life
It makes the peas taste funny
But it keeps them on the knife.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Beer Batter on 14:53 - Jul 27 with 1684 viewscolinallcars

The champion fish and chip shop is surely the multi-award winning Colman's in South Shields. Not exactly just around the corner, but a towering, monumental colossus of a fish and chip shop.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024