Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blackburn Match Thread 11:15 - Jul 27 with 49207 viewsDieByYourSide

Come on then, let's have some XIs and predictions.

Dieng
Kakay Dickie JCS Paal
Johansen Field Dozzell
Thomas Chair
Dykes

Subs: Walsh, Dunne, Amos, Adomah, Roberts, Willock, Bonne

Rather Amos and Willock started over Dozzell and Thomas but unlikely due to injuries.

1-1 draw, Chair to score.

Poll: And it's hi ho

Blackburn Match Thread on 15:18 - Jul 29 with 3695 viewsBurnleyhoop

I sit somewhere in the middle. Not overly optimistic or pessimistic. Impressed with Beale’s enthusiasm and he brings a level of energy and motivation that is needed to inspire players to keep pushing for more. The coach/ manager is the single most important individual at any club and I think he will get the best out of this squad.
The replacements at the back are adequate, but a dedicated RWB is a must.
Willock missing is sickener for us, but would like to see Taylor take his place rather than Thomas or Shadipo. Blackburn are no great shakes, but Elwood is not a happy hunting ground for us. Fancy a score draw.

We will improve as the season progresses as Beale continues to implement his ideas. A push for the play offs is a definite possibility imo, providing we don’t suffer with injuries and loss of form as we did last season.

Should be a good turnout tomorrow, will be there with both my non qpr supporting boys, although both will be in qpr colours……….whether they like it or not 😆
Blackburn Match Thread on 15:29 - Jul 29 with 3623 viewssimmo

Interesting to see who takes that last CM position when Amos, Dozzell and Richards are all fit and available. You'd assume Field and Jo are pretty fixed, rotations aside.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Blackburn Match Thread on 15:39 - Jul 29 with 3562 viewsaston_hoop

on the subject of midfield

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Blackburn Match Thread on 16:49 - Jul 29 with 3418 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Blackburn Match Thread on 15:18 - Jul 29 by Burnleyhoop

I sit somewhere in the middle. Not overly optimistic or pessimistic. Impressed with Beale’s enthusiasm and he brings a level of energy and motivation that is needed to inspire players to keep pushing for more. The coach/ manager is the single most important individual at any club and I think he will get the best out of this squad.
Willock missing is sickener for us, but would like to see Taylor take his place rather than Thomas or Shadipo. Blackburn are no great shakes, but Elwood is not a happy hunting ground for us. Fancy a score draw.

We will improve as the season progresses as Beale continues to implement his ideas. A push for the play offs is a definite possibility imo, providing we don’t suffer with injuries and loss of form as we did last season.

Should be a good turnout tomorrow, will be there with both my non qpr supporting boys, although both will be in qpr colours……….whether they like it or not 😆

I also think this season will be a slow burn, in terms of improvement as the season goes on. But what is also going to be interesting is how we (and others) handle the WC break.

It’s similar to South American leagues with the opening and closing divide to a season and if we’re doing ok, a month to recalibrate with this clearly intelligent chap could see us push on and sustain it.

Of course the lack of a decent RB and depth in the fullback positions are a concern, let’s see what transpires over next few weeks. In relation to a free scoring striker, I thought it interesting that he spoke about the No. 9 position yielding goals not necessarily one striker doing it all; so I think he’s aiming for the midfield/team to contribute more and if that works, we could go far.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Blackburn Match Thread on 17:15 - Jul 29 with 3361 viewsWokingR

Blackburn Match Thread on 15:18 - Jul 29 by Burnleyhoop

Is Willock missing ?
Not seen that anywhere and thought he had travelled with the hope of playing some part.
Blackburn Match Thread on 17:30 - Jul 29 with 3308 viewsBurnleyhoop

Travelling with the squad, but would be very surprised to see him or Amos risked unless absolutely necessary. If either breaks down at this stage it would be unforgivable.
Only Beale knows how close to full fitness they are. Hopefully it is the lack of pre-season training in their legs that is the issue and not their respective injuries, in which case they might get a run out at some point.
Blackburn Match Thread on 18:10 - Jul 29 with 3223 viewsHantsR

1-1 Dieng to take out Gallagher at a corner , leaving the Blackburn forward with three broken legs - never a foul ref!!
Blackburn Match Thread (n/t) on 18:13 - Jul 29 with 3217 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Blackburn Match Thread on 15:39 - Jul 29 by aston_hoop

on the subject of midfield

I found it really interesting that he can see the possibility of Chair dropping deeper, I've often thought about it myself and think it could possibly work well.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2022 18:38]
Login to get fewer ads

Blackburn Match Thread on 01:08 - Jul 30 with 2976 viewsOregonQPR

With just 2 wins in 40 years up there (1983, 1999) would love us to put that right but I think it’s going to be like opening day at Villa all those years ago. 4-1 to Blackburn.
Blackburn Match Thread on 01:42 - Jul 30 with 2948 viewsDannyPaddox

Just seen the Huddersfield Burnley score. We’ve moved from 16th to 15th in the table. Great start Mick Beale. Let’s push on from here. You RRRsss!!!
Blackburn Match Thread on 06:46 - Jul 30 with 2812 viewsCiderwithRsie

Good luck to the travelling fans and everyone else for a great season.

Still seems too bloody early for me but God knows it'll be good to have a distraction. Say what you like about the Rangers, the agony takes your mind off other things.
Blackburn Match Thread on 08:07 - Jul 30 with 2681 viewsDixie_CT

Special kit being rolled out just for today’s game 😊

Have no idea how today will go but I do fancy us to be competitive. Let me say 2-2 with us grabbing an equaliser from a sub.

Come on you R’s!
Blackburn Match Thread on 08:20 - Jul 30 with 2643 viewskernowhoop

Ntomuchukwu.
Blackburn Match Thread on 08:45 - Jul 30 with 2605 viewsDorse

Blackburn Match Thread on 08:20 - Jul 30 by kernowhoop

Ntomuchukwu.

Easy for you to say.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Blackburn Match Thread on 09:08 - Jul 30 with 2533 viewsMalintabuk

After posting on here yesterday I want to change my mind and go for not a 1 or 2 to nothing for Blackburn but a 3
Not able to go today as we have family down.... stupid July start.... but brother and his boys are..... and the grand boy first game
There is just something not clicking with me and Beale. I don't think this basket case of a club is right for these bright young things.... there again who is !!!!
Hope I'm wrong but I can see this ending in tears......again!
But will that stop me going naw...
Best of luck those going wish I was with you.... can't even listen in on QPR+ .... so will have to wait and log on this evening.... its like the old days waiting for the standard on the Saturday night
[Post edited 30 Jul 2022 9:10]
Blackburn Match Thread on 10:25 - Jul 30 with 2404 viewsLythamR

My primary hope is that we get back on the team coach without any significant injuries, given our record at Blackburn even that is a big ask

I dont think they should even let Willock near the bench for this one never mind risking him on the pitch
Blackburn Match Thread on 10:40 - Jul 30 with 2354 viewsessextaxiboy

0-3

Come on U RRRs
Blackburn Match Thread on 10:44 - Jul 30 with 2344 viewsngbqpr

Don't get all the pessimism about this particular game. Blackburn fell off the same cliff as we did, also changed manager, and also have a far from 'complete' squad. And past results up there are irrelevant.

1-1.

But hoping all key players are fit for a sterner test vs Boro.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Blackburn Match Thread on 11:19 - Jul 30 with 2222 viewsfrancisbowles

Let's try not to give them any early encouragement, as first day crowd enthusiasm and new manager bounce could be a major factor.

Difficult task, not sure who's going to play a part so hope rather than belief that we might get something.
Blackburn Match Thread on 11:48 - Jul 30 with 2102 viewsSimonJames

No idea. Just hope we look cohesive

100% of people who drink water will die.

Blackburn Match Thread on 11:51 - Jul 30 with 2086 viewsPinnerPaul

Blackburn Match Thread on 12:00 - Jul 29 by Antti_Heinola

Not usually that guy, but I find some of the optimism baffling. I love what I've seen of Beale, but we've been in relegation form since February. We've lost experienced players. We have a new set up and tactics. None of the players we have signed have done much or anything at this level yet. We don't have a properly dangerous striker. Our defence has been ropey for months and is now changing to a back 4. We are in dire need of a right back, much as I think Ossie is an adequate back up for a club our size at this time. Willock likely on the bench. Personally, I think we'd do well to finish top half this season, and foresee real struggle.
Comfortable 2-0 win for Blackburn.

Tyler Roberts got promoted as a regular starter! (Thanks Clive!) and moving a bit more into subjective territory but I'm struggling to see how JCS and Paal are not upgrades to what we had?
Blackburn Match Thread on 11:54 - Jul 30 with 2064 viewsPinnerPaul

Blackburn Match Thread on 01:08 - Jul 30 by OregonQPR

With just 2 wins in 40 years up there (1983, 1999) would love us to put that right but I think it’s going to be like opening day at Villa all those years ago. 4-1 to Blackburn.

Always never seen how those sort of stats have any relevance whatsoever.

How do results 40,30,20 ,10 years ago have any effect on today?
Blackburn Match Thread on 12:15 - Jul 30 with 1978 viewsLongsufferingR

Hoping this works - https://home.cricfree.io/watch/blackburn-rovers-vs-queens-park-rangers
Blackburn Match Thread on 12:24 - Jul 30 with 1933 viewsPunteR

Blackburn Match Thread on 10:44 - Jul 30 by ngbqpr

Don't get all the pessimism about this particular game. Blackburn fell off the same cliff as we did, also changed manager, and also have a far from 'complete' squad. And past results up there are irrelevant.

1-1.

But hoping all key players are fit for a sterner test vs Boro.

I think its based on how good things seem to be atm. Its keeping a lid on high expectations. We all know the drill, the light at the end of the tunnel is a train.
But you're right. Looking at it logically we're more than a match for them.
I'm gonna change my original prediction from 3-0 loss to 3-2 :)

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Blackburn Match Thread on 12:44 - Jul 30 with 1841 viewsMiss_Terraces

Blackburn Match Thread on 12:00 - Jul 29 by Antti_Heinola

Not usually that guy, but I find some of the optimism baffling. I love what I've seen of Beale, but we've been in relegation form since February. We've lost experienced players. We have a new set up and tactics. None of the players we have signed have done much or anything at this level yet. We don't have a properly dangerous striker. Our defence has been ropey for months and is now changing to a back 4. We are in dire need of a right back, much as I think Ossie is an adequate back up for a club our size at this time. Willock likely on the bench. Personally, I think we'd do well to finish top half this season, and foresee real struggle.
Comfortable 2-0 win for Blackburn.

I understand where you are coming from but I honestly believe we'll get a couple of decent loans which will transform this side. I didn't know who Beale was a couple of months ago but I've been impressed by the respect he has in the game plus his contacts. I'm sure we'll get players more like Kyle Walker than Jeff Hendrick.

I usually am that guy🤣

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024