Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Amusing or concerning? 11:35 - Aug 1 with 19038 viewsMyke

I can't decide if I am amused or concerned by the negative backlash on here to one, ONE (narrow) away defeat - god only knows what Twitter was like!
Amused on one level, because I can remember a time when league tables weren't even compiled until the first three games were completed - now they are 'live' and a team's position literally changes by the minute.
Concerned because there was a similar reaction to McClaren's first three games in charge and the club panicked and brought in old strikers to assuage the fans. That should not happen again. That is NOT our identity anymore. We need to be patient. We may get an odd shallicking until our new defence and system beds in. Very likely (even without any more signings - which is unlikely) Shodipo, Dozzell and Dykes will now be regular starters and possibly Steph also, once everyone is fit. If, as I expect, we bring in a few more players, then you can likely add Kakay (who was actually okay on Sat) to that list. Two players were making their full debuts and another, with no training sessions, got a run out.
I firmly believe this team will get incrementally better as the season progresses. Not chalk and cheese performances like over the pat two seasons, but a gradual, tangible improvement. We may be in an around the relegation spaces for the first few weeks, but nobody ever got relegated in August or even September - and certainly not in JULY!!
Amusing or concerning? on 16:31 - Aug 1 with 2773 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Think it's natural to have some rapid reactions that lack nuance and context immediately after a match. Even the immediate post-game thoughts I shared on Twitter may have been harsh, specifically regarding Thomas and Kakay. But I do think there are levels to this and people seek to be the loudest in the room because, frankly, our modern mediums cater to those who have the loudest, harshest and most out-there thoughts.

I'm waiting for the club to share the full 90 so I can watch with the emotion removed and assess with more of a clearer head.
Amusing or concerning? on 16:48 - Aug 1 with 2718 viewsMyke

Amusing or concerning? on 16:26 - Aug 1 by hubble

Good OP - can I just say, without wishing to be pedantic - at all - it's shellacking...

Lol I was waiting for autospell to sort me out!
Amusing or concerning? on 16:54 - Aug 1 with 2694 viewsRangersDave

No matter the results, i think it's best to support the team thoroughly until maybe After New years. Then maybe moan, but this new guy is handicapped by his ability to ask Les to buy players and their costs.

I think Ian needs time, as does the team. What i saw against Blackburn, wasnt attrocious by any stretch, and more movement and confidence will come, i'm sure.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Amusing or concerning? on 17:02 - Aug 1 with 2676 viewsted_hendrix

Amusing or concerning? on 16:17 - Aug 1 by paulparker

I think it’s the opposite , if you dare question the board, manager or DOF your not a real fan or you think the club has millions of pounds to sign on players and are being unrealistic in expectations
I hate this losers mentality surrounding the club ( have we really been crap the last 140 years, the teams of the mid seventies, eighties and early nineties suggest otherwise)
I also don’t think anyone has gone OTT after Saturday, the usual happy clappers who like to think everything is rosy will have a snide comment about those who have concerns (genuine imo) in how the club is being run , there’s been no name calling or abusive posts , I mean this is a MB isn’t it where your allowed an opinion ?
The main concern for me is the money wasted and the role of Les , nothing personal against him I love the bloke but a DOF I’m not so sure and I think the last seven years have proved that
This club on the pitch has shown relegation form the last 6 months there’s no pace, no urgency, no fight , we are to easy to play against , there’s no winners here
I hope I’m wrong but I worry we are heading towards a drop

Well apart from heading towards the drop I agree with everyting you have written.

Also If posters are gonna moan at posters for having a moan then I'm not quite sure what the purpose of a MB is for.

In my view there was little or nothing written Saturday evening after the final whistle that was concerning or amusing, unless I'm missing something??

I don't do faceache or twitter just this message board, faceache and twitter hold no interest for me.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Amusing or concerning? on 17:03 - Aug 1 with 2673 viewsstevec

Amusing or concerning? on 16:29 - Aug 1 by Northernr

Isn't that to do with whether we think the team/players are trying or not? I've been at games where we've been sht, and cnts like Barton, Bosingwa, SWP were ambling around picking money up, and I've given them hell, ironic cheers for shots on target and all of that. Did the same in that Houston/Harford period when we had the players to be doing better, but they were all eyeing moves elsewhere and only half putting it in, including some who are still revered around the place. But whatever you say about the team we've got now, they may not be good enough, but I don't think they can be accused of not trying their best, at which point I think the pelters are just counter productive.

I don’t think anyone has accused them of not trying, not suggesting that at all.

What concerns people at present is whether the club is putting out a team fit to compete, irrespective of financial issues. Now admittedly that may change in the next 4 weeks, but rightly or wrongly we judge game by game.

Whilst respecting the view that giving pelters to players who are trying their best is counter productive to the individual players concerned, how else can fans get the message over to those putting out those players? If the fans hadn’t vented their spleens to such an extent in Dec 2020, chances are we’d not seen the arrival of the four loans and could easily have been watching League One football for the last year or so.
Amusing or concerning? on 18:30 - Aug 1 with 2502 viewsPunteR

No one, as far as ive seen ,has been on Mike Beale's case at all. I think we're all savvy enough to know he needs more than one game to turn it around.
The criticism has been levelled at the DoF and some of the players that should be doing better.
We are and always will be a smaller club than most but the turning out our empty pockets routine is starting to wear thin, especially when we see clubs like Brentford, Luton, Palace, Fulham etc doing remarkable jobs considering there size and fan base.
There's no way us fans should just except mediocrity and not be on the case of our billionaire owners to make sure we are run properly and competing at the best level we can achieve.
clearly things are improving off the pitch but on the pitch its still looking shaky. We have a fair bit to do on both fronts.
For me its neither amusing or concerning how our fans react on here. This is what the MB is for, to react and share opinions. Thats football.
I'm just glad avoid politics and covid theories on here these days.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Amusing or concerning? on 18:32 - Aug 1 with 2500 viewsRangersw12

Amusing or concerning? on 16:17 - Aug 1 by paulparker

I think it’s the opposite , if you dare question the board, manager or DOF your not a real fan or you think the club has millions of pounds to sign on players and are being unrealistic in expectations
I hate this losers mentality surrounding the club ( have we really been crap the last 140 years, the teams of the mid seventies, eighties and early nineties suggest otherwise)
I also don’t think anyone has gone OTT after Saturday, the usual happy clappers who like to think everything is rosy will have a snide comment about those who have concerns (genuine imo) in how the club is being run , there’s been no name calling or abusive posts , I mean this is a MB isn’t it where your allowed an opinion ?
The main concern for me is the money wasted and the role of Les , nothing personal against him I love the bloke but a DOF I’m not so sure and I think the last seven years have proved that
This club on the pitch has shown relegation form the last 6 months there’s no pace, no urgency, no fight , we are to easy to play against , there’s no winners here
I hope I’m wrong but I worry we are heading towards a drop

Bar 1 or 2 seasons we've been crap since the mid 90's so maybe people need to wake up and realise football isn't like it was in the 70,s 80s and 90s. We've been left behind and seen some proper micky mouse clubs overtake us

It's going to take a long time to turn this around but I would say in the 7 years that LF has been DOF the club has shown some green shoots of recovery with pathway to 1st team, training ground, developing players and an identity on the playing side.

The way I judge LF is that if he left the club tomorrow is the club in a better position than it was when he joined and the answer IMO is yes

You could also ask if LF left tomorrow would all the clubs problems go with him and the answer is no!
Amusing or concerning? on 18:47 - Aug 1 with 2475 viewsPunteR

Amusing or concerning? on 18:32 - Aug 1 by Rangersw12

Bar 1 or 2 seasons we've been crap since the mid 90's so maybe people need to wake up and realise football isn't like it was in the 70,s 80s and 90s. We've been left behind and seen some proper micky mouse clubs overtake us

It's going to take a long time to turn this around but I would say in the 7 years that LF has been DOF the club has shown some green shoots of recovery with pathway to 1st team, training ground, developing players and an identity on the playing side.

The way I judge LF is that if he left the club tomorrow is the club in a better position than it was when he joined and the answer IMO is yes

You could also ask if LF left tomorrow would all the clubs problems go with him and the answer is no!

We've been in the premier league twice in the last ten years. We went up as champions on one of those occasions.
We should be in a far better position than we are now. We have the potential to be a club like Fulham, Palace ,dare i say it Brentford. We're just falling short atm.
We are turning a corner though but with the turning circle of an articulated lorry.

Login to get fewer ads

Amusing or concerning? on 19:02 - Aug 1 with 2441 viewsRangersw12

Amusing or concerning? on 18:47 - Aug 1 by PunteR

We've been in the premier league twice in the last ten years. We went up as champions on one of those occasions.
We should be in a far better position than we are now. We have the potential to be a club like Fulham, Palace ,dare i say it Brentford. We're just falling short atm.
We are turning a corner though but with the turning circle of an articulated lorry.

True mate but both of those promotions were built on sand and were still paying the price now.
Amusing or concerning? on 19:59 - Aug 1 with 2366 viewsdm97

Concerning, wouldn’t be surprised if we didn’t pick up a win till Rotherham/ B’Pool but given the reaction to this loss the twitterati will be burning Les, Mick, Lee, Dykes, Kakay and Dozzell at the stake by then. It doesn’t even seem to just be the usual FIFA/FM crowd either, this frenzy is madness
Amusing or concerning? on 20:16 - Aug 1 with 2331 viewsPunteR

Amusing or concerning? on 19:59 - Aug 1 by dm97

Concerning, wouldn’t be surprised if we didn’t pick up a win till Rotherham/ B’Pool but given the reaction to this loss the twitterati will be burning Les, Mick, Lee, Dykes, Kakay and Dozzell at the stake by then. It doesn’t even seem to just be the usual FIFA/FM crowd either, this frenzy is madness

Frenzy..?

Amusing or concerning? on 20:45 - Aug 1 with 2287 viewsGloryHunter

Amusing or concerning? on 16:26 - Aug 1 by hubble

Good OP - can I just say, without wishing to be pedantic - at all - it's shellacking...

Shellac is a resin secreted by an insect, and used to make a wood varnish.
I'm puzzled as to how shellacking has come to mean a heavy sports defeat.
Unless the imagery is that your team has been coated in gooey varnish and therefore slowed down? Some strange American word play going on there, I imagine.
Amusing or concerning? on 20:56 - Aug 1 with 2264 viewsswitchingcode

Amusing or concerning? on 18:30 - Aug 1 by PunteR

No one, as far as ive seen ,has been on Mike Beale's case at all. I think we're all savvy enough to know he needs more than one game to turn it around.
The criticism has been levelled at the DoF and some of the players that should be doing better.
We are and always will be a smaller club than most but the turning out our empty pockets routine is starting to wear thin, especially when we see clubs like Brentford, Luton, Palace, Fulham etc doing remarkable jobs considering there size and fan base.
There's no way us fans should just except mediocrity and not be on the case of our billionaire owners to make sure we are run properly and competing at the best level we can achieve.
clearly things are improving off the pitch but on the pitch its still looking shaky. We have a fair bit to do on both fronts.
For me its neither amusing or concerning how our fans react on here. This is what the MB is for, to react and share opinions. Thats football.
I'm just glad avoid politics and covid theories on here these days.

Fan base has very little to do with being successful it’s down to having a clever and fairly rich owner and a first class recruitment team.You also have to have patience with the manager/head coach be prepared to sell your best players every season and replace with better and accept some will be failures .It can take 8 years to get to the so called promised land that will give you loads of money to spunk on over rated players for a few seasons if you are lucky then you return to the best league in the world and start all over again.Hope that’s helpful
Amusing or concerning? on 22:16 - Aug 1 with 2158 viewsfrancisbowles

Amusing or concerning? on 18:47 - Aug 1 by PunteR

When we had a chance our excited, inexperienced and 'child like' behaved owners blew it by throwing money at Warnock, in a belated, rushed and foolish attempt to strengthen the squad with the wrong sort of players. They repeated the trick with Hughes and Redknapp, as well as employing Phillip Beard, and then apart from blowing a huge chunk of their money, as well as the club's, they landed us in huge FFP problems.

They finally seemed to wake up and grow up with the appointments of Hoos and Ferdinand who have been on a different course since day 1, initially seeking to limit the damage and then, with severe restrictions of budget due to P&S rules, attempted to start rebuilding the club. Yes there have been multiple mistakes, Connor Washington, Car Giant, Warren Farm etc along the way but the club is better run and is overall on the right track. Unfortunately for us fans, unless we can play above our budget and have the luck to see it through, it is a long and tortuous road. All managerial appointments and player recruitment are a calculated risk. Warburton was a good appointment with poor spells, which almost delivered. Overall the club is in a better place and Mick Beale is the next appointment, who is well qualified and experienced at lower management levels. Like all appointments, especially first time ones, you believe and hope it will work.

This is the reality of the situation we are in. It has nothing to do with certain supporters accepting mediocrity, it is just that they understand the scenario. Even if the owners wanted to throw money at it, they can't. They are restricted by the football league and there are points deductions and business plans that go with offending. As second time offenders we would probably be sanctioned to the extreme.
Amusing or concerning? on 00:04 - Aug 2 with 2041 viewshubble

Amusing or concerning? on 20:45 - Aug 1 by GloryHunter

Shellac is a resin secreted by an insect, and used to make a wood varnish.
I'm puzzled as to how shellacking has come to mean a heavy sports defeat.
Unless the imagery is that your team has been coated in gooey varnish and therefore slowed down? Some strange American word play going on there, I imagine.

That's right. And therefore it means you got a good coating - simple as that. It's a great sounding word though, ain't it.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Amusing or concerning? on 00:28 - Aug 2 with 2011 viewsPunteR

Amusing or concerning? on 22:16 - Aug 1 by francisbowles

When we had a chance our excited, inexperienced and 'child like' behaved owners blew it by throwing money at Warnock, in a belated, rushed and foolish attempt to strengthen the squad with the wrong sort of players. They repeated the trick with Hughes and Redknapp, as well as employing Phillip Beard, and then apart from blowing a huge chunk of their money, as well as the club's, they landed us in huge FFP problems.

They finally seemed to wake up and grow up with the appointments of Hoos and Ferdinand who have been on a different course since day 1, initially seeking to limit the damage and then, with severe restrictions of budget due to P&S rules, attempted to start rebuilding the club. Yes there have been multiple mistakes, Connor Washington, Car Giant, Warren Farm etc along the way but the club is better run and is overall on the right track. Unfortunately for us fans, unless we can play above our budget and have the luck to see it through, it is a long and tortuous road. All managerial appointments and player recruitment are a calculated risk. Warburton was a good appointment with poor spells, which almost delivered. Overall the club is in a better place and Mick Beale is the next appointment, who is well qualified and experienced at lower management levels. Like all appointments, especially first time ones, you believe and hope it will work.

This is the reality of the situation we are in. It has nothing to do with certain supporters accepting mediocrity, it is just that they understand the scenario. Even if the owners wanted to throw money at it, they can't. They are restricted by the football league and there are points deductions and business plans that go with offending. As second time offenders we would probably be sanctioned to the extreme.

Within the boundaries of our budget are we reaching our full potential?

Amusing or concerning? on 01:00 - Aug 2 with 1985 viewsDejR_vu

Why are people so keen to deliberately misinterpret things?

The only overreaction seems to be from those desperate to be offended by someone daring to question whether someone at the club is the right person for the job. I’ve been critical of LF for years and particularly after MW’s departure but it’s being spun as a reaction to the Blackburn defeat. If I had posted that particular thread in the Summer, I strongly suspect it would have been met with ”Why now, when we’ve just appointed a new manager? Give him a chance (even though it’s not about the manager). You’re not a real supporter”. If it was 10 games into the season and we’re bottom it would be “why now when the team needs support (even though it’s not about the team/manager). Go and support someone else”. If it’s at the end of the season and we finish mid-table it would be “Why now? We haven’t been relegated. What do you expect, we’re QPR (as if it’s some kind of disease)?”

Like I said, LF has been in the job 7.5 years. When do I have permission to ask the question?

The reality is, LF is beyond even a hint of criticism to many in here. The only ‘Frenzy’ is from those desperate to moan at the so called moaners.

The most dangerous people are the people who sit in silence turning a blind eye.

Very sad that on a QPR forum you can’t raise a legitimate question without getting the sort of reaction there’s been on here.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Amusing or concerning? on 01:16 - Aug 2 with 1979 viewsozexile

I love this message board for all the different opinions. The Rangers, the calm heads, the brightside people and the negative. It's just opinions. Enjoy it.
Amusing or concerning? on 06:57 - Aug 2 with 1888 viewsHunterhoop

Amusing or concerning? on 01:00 - Aug 2 by DejR_vu

Why are people so keen to deliberately misinterpret things?

The only overreaction seems to be from those desperate to be offended by someone daring to question whether someone at the club is the right person for the job. I’ve been critical of LF for years and particularly after MW’s departure but it’s being spun as a reaction to the Blackburn defeat. If I had posted that particular thread in the Summer, I strongly suspect it would have been met with ”Why now, when we’ve just appointed a new manager? Give him a chance (even though it’s not about the manager). You’re not a real supporter”. If it was 10 games into the season and we’re bottom it would be “why now when the team needs support (even though it’s not about the team/manager). Go and support someone else”. If it’s at the end of the season and we finish mid-table it would be “Why now? We haven’t been relegated. What do you expect, we’re QPR (as if it’s some kind of disease)?”

Like I said, LF has been in the job 7.5 years. When do I have permission to ask the question?

The reality is, LF is beyond even a hint of criticism to many in here. The only ‘Frenzy’ is from those desperate to moan at the so called moaners.

The most dangerous people are the people who sit in silence turning a blind eye.

Very sad that on a QPR forum you can’t raise a legitimate question without getting the sort of reaction there’s been on here.

There’s literally nothing stopping you raising the question. You have. Some posters agree with you.

Perhaps some people just don’t share the same opinion as you. I’d suggest it’s as simple as that. The fact you “can’t get your head around why” says more about you than anyone else. What were you expecting? Everyone to suddenly go “oh, I’ve never thought about this before; you’re right. Let’s march down SA Rd and protest?”

And your comment about “the most dangerous people” is just risible. We’ve done the LF/DOF conversation to death over the last 7.5 years. Some of us believe in the importance of the the role, some don’t. Some of us think LF is doing a decent job, some don’t. Some of us think the overall football club is in a better place now than when he took over, some don’t. Some of us think it’s a case of better the devil you know, some don’t.

I understand why other people have a different opinion to me, hence not posting until now, but it doesn’t make me dangerous.

You are entitled to raise questions and have your opinion, don’t make out there’s been an unreasonable reaction. People have engaged with your post. Some disagree with you. It’s as simple as that. They may be wrong. So might you. But we’ll never know for sure. It’s subjective.
Amusing or concerning? on 07:35 - Aug 2 with 1846 viewsPerth_R

Very well put Hunterhoop old boy.
Amusing or concerning? on 07:46 - Aug 2 with 1828 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Amusing or concerning? on 07:35 - Aug 2 by Perth_R

Very well put Hunterhoop old boy.

Ageist. Ohh and non-gender neutral.

Them will be offended.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Amusing or concerning? on 07:52 - Aug 2 with 1825 viewsdmm

Amusing or concerning? on 07:46 - Aug 2 by PlanetHonneywood

Ageist. Ohh and non-gender neutral.

Them will be offended.

First it was 'those', will it now be 'they' too? Is 'them' set to murder all other pronouns?
Amusing or concerning? on 08:08 - Aug 2 with 1809 viewsDejR_vu

Amusing or concerning? on 06:57 - Aug 2 by Hunterhoop

There’s literally nothing stopping you raising the question. You have. Some posters agree with you.

Perhaps some people just don’t share the same opinion as you. I’d suggest it’s as simple as that. The fact you “can’t get your head around why” says more about you than anyone else. What were you expecting? Everyone to suddenly go “oh, I’ve never thought about this before; you’re right. Let’s march down SA Rd and protest?”

And your comment about “the most dangerous people” is just risible. We’ve done the LF/DOF conversation to death over the last 7.5 years. Some of us believe in the importance of the the role, some don’t. Some of us think LF is doing a decent job, some don’t. Some of us think the overall football club is in a better place now than when he took over, some don’t. Some of us think it’s a case of better the devil you know, some don’t.

I understand why other people have a different opinion to me, hence not posting until now, but it doesn’t make me dangerous.

You are entitled to raise questions and have your opinion, don’t make out there’s been an unreasonable reaction. People have engaged with your post. Some disagree with you. It’s as simple as that. They may be wrong. So might you. But we’ll never know for sure. It’s subjective.

😂 Point. Spectacularly. Missed. As. You. Say. What. Did. I. Expect? 😂

Amusing or concerning? on 09:00 - Aug 2 with 1756 viewsHunterhoop

Amusing or concerning? on 08:08 - Aug 2 by DejR_vu

😂 Point. Spectacularly. Missed. As. You. Say. What. Did. I. Expect? 😂

If you say so. I’m not sure what I missed. But maybe I’m just not smart enough to understand. Enjoy your day.
Amusing or concerning? on 09:13 - Aug 2 with 1740 viewsDejR_vu

Amusing or concerning? on 09:00 - Aug 2 by Hunterhoop

If you say so. I’m not sure what I missed. But maybe I’m just not smart enough to understand. Enjoy your day.

Maybe 😉

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024