Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Queen 13:08 - Sep 8 with 57024 viewsSuperhoops2808

As if we didnt need more rubbish news, now the Queen appears to be very poorly
The Queen on 13:11 - Sep 8 with 12795 viewsthemodfather

God save the Queen, all the best to our Queen.
The Queen on 13:12 - Sep 8 with 12788 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Wish her well she has been sitting on that throne since I was born such an incredible achievement .
The Queen on 13:14 - Sep 8 with 12759 viewsstanistheman

The Queen on 13:12 - Sep 8 by CLAREMAN1995

Wish her well she has been sitting on that throne since I was born such an incredible achievement .

Wish her well and hopefully a few more years on the throne too.
The Queen on 13:36 - Sep 8 with 12628 viewsLblock

Meeting Liz Truss pushed her over the edge.........

I'm sure the usual suspects will be along to hijack this and slag off one of the few things that make(made) Great Britain what it is. However for now I wish Madge all the best and to echo others who have already said what a remarkable woman she has been and a huge servant to this country.

GSTQ

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The Queen on 13:37 - Sep 8 with 12633 viewsted_hendrix

The Queen on 13:12 - Sep 8 by CLAREMAN1995

I've been on the throne for the last 20 minutes, bloody burger last night tasted a bit iffy and I reckon that was the cause anyway bit of a struggle but It's gone now.
20 bloody minutes sat on the throne probably a record for me.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The Queen on 13:40 - Sep 8 with 12597 viewsEastR

We lost the mother in law last week sadly, same vintage as the Queen so I wish her well and a good recovery through the coming weeks and months

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

The Queen on 13:46 - Sep 8 with 12538 viewsderbyhoop

The Queen on 13:36 - Sep 8 by Lblock

I'm sure the usual suspects will be along to hijack this and slag off one of the few things that make(made) Great Britain what it is. However for now I wish Madge all the best and to echo others who have already said what a remarkable woman she has been and a huge servant to this country.

GSTQ

Too soon

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

The Queen on 13:46 - Sep 8 with 12542 viewsR_from_afar

The Queen on 13:40 - Sep 8 by EastR

We lost the mother in law last week sadly, same vintage as the Queen so I wish her well and a good recovery through the coming weeks and months

Sorry to hear about your loss, my condolences.

Let's hope the Queen rallies soon.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Login to get fewer ads

The Queen on 14:01 - Sep 8 with 12449 viewsRangersw12

An amazing women

GSTQ
The Queen on 14:14 - Sep 8 with 12364 viewsDannytheR

The Queen on 13:36 - Sep 8 by Lblock

GSTQ

If you want to show your respect for the woman, why start a post by kicking off at other people on the messageboard? (Especially as nobody has actually done anything like what you describe.)

Unless that's the thing you really want to do in the first place, but need an excuse to do it - which is a bit grim.

You'd hope few people irrespective of their politics would take pleasure in the ill health of a 96 year old woman, or use it to score points. On that basis, maybe you should edit your post.
The Queen on 14:18 - Sep 8 with 12314 viewsDWQPR

Got the BBC news on at the moment in the office and all presenters and reporters are already wearing black ties. I hope I'm not reading any more into that other than a bad fashion day. Let's hope Her Majesty can pull through.

GSTQ

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

The Queen on 14:29 - Sep 8 with 12243 viewsToast_R

Seems poignant that all members of the family are going to see her, even Prince Henry.
This isn't looking good for our Queen and would suggest its a matter of hours.
The Queen on 14:34 - Sep 8 with 12226 viewssprocket

As an Irish man and someone with no interest in royalty whatsoever, from afar you do have to admire the Queen for her achievements and service which have been remarkable. Her like will not be seen again.
The Queen on 14:41 - Sep 8 with 12141 viewsSonofpugwash

It'll be rather strange to see someone elses head on the coinage and notes.
The longest serving British monarch,I remember her Coronation as a kid - still got the egg cup.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

The Queen on 14:44 - Sep 8 with 12112 viewsHantsR

Inevitable, but I find it truly saddening - I can only paraphrase Paddington saying to her,
" thank you - for everything"
The Queen on 14:45 - Sep 8 with 12107 viewsJuzzie

It's a shame Princess Anne cannot ascend to the throne. She, and her descendants, would be far better suited than any lineage from the Queens three sons.
The Queen on 14:49 - Sep 8 with 11994 viewsBoston

Hope she hangs on a while, Charles is a fruitcake.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The Queen on 14:57 - Sep 8 with 11934 viewsslmrstid

If anyone's curious for what happens next...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/mar/16/what-happens-when-queen-elizabet

Fairly ambivalent about the Royals truth be told, didn't get involved in any Jubilee stuff this year. That said its another huge moment of history we're all living through isn't it? She's the one constant in Britain that we've known all our lives when so much has changed through the decades.

It will be very strange that changing, but at her age compared to mine (30s) it was inevitable it would come some day, much like those grandparents you think will live forever but know deep down you've got that grief to come.

Sadly I couldn't care much at all for Charles or Andrew. Neither of them are particularly likeable figures, for all the reasons reported elsewhere without stating them here and risking Clive any legal hot water!
The Queen on 14:59 - Sep 8 with 11910 viewsdaveB

The Queen on 14:18 - Sep 8 by DWQPR

Got the BBC news on at the moment in the office and all presenters and reporters are already wearing black ties. I hope I'm not reading any more into that other than a bad fashion day. Let's hope Her Majesty can pull through.

GSTQ

That is very deliberate. I think you can expect an announcement this afternoon
The Queen on 15:06 - Sep 8 with 11816 viewsQPR_Jim

The Queen on 14:57 - Sep 8 by slmrstid

If anyone's curious for what happens next...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/mar/16/what-happens-when-queen-elizabet

Fairly ambivalent about the Royals truth be told, didn't get involved in any Jubilee stuff this year. That said its another huge moment of history we're all living through isn't it? She's the one constant in Britain that we've known all our lives when so much has changed through the decades.

It will be very strange that changing, but at her age compared to mine (30s) it was inevitable it would come some day, much like those grandparents you think will live forever but know deep down you've got that grief to come.

Sadly I couldn't care much at all for Charles or Andrew. Neither of them are particularly likeable figures, for all the reasons reported elsewhere without stating them here and risking Clive any legal hot water!

"Fairly ambivalent about the Royals truth be told, didn't get involved in any Jubilee stuff this year. That said its another huge moment of history we're all living through isn't it? She's the one constant in Britain that we've known all our lives when so much has changed through the decades."

Same here, not the flag waving type so wasn't that bothered about the Jubilee but I have huge respect for the Queen and will be very sad if/when she goes. I really do hope this is not it.
The Queen on 15:07 - Sep 8 with 11806 viewsRanger_Things

The Queen on 14:59 - Sep 8 by daveB

That is very deliberate. I think you can expect an announcement this afternoon

Bargain Hunt cancelled. Sh1t just got real.
The Queen on 15:09 - Sep 8 with 11784 viewswestberksr

Keeping fingers crossed, although not looking positive. Has been an incredible servant to the nation

GSTQ
The Queen on 15:09 - Sep 8 with 11754 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Gathering the family, cancelling tomorrow’s changing of the guard and placing her on medical supervision suggests it’s a matter of time now.

I’m not a royalist, but we’ll miss her. She set an example of how to conduct yourself in public life, that sadly many of her own failed to follow. And, an example that many among our political classes would do well to learn from.

It’s a matter of time now.I suspect the Commonwealth will inevitably break apart shortly after she goes. These are more than the last flames of a person, they are the dying embers of a way of life that prevailed for centuries.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

The Queen on 15:13 - Sep 8 with 11717 viewsqprxtc

Saturdays game off then.
The Queen on 15:23 - Sep 8 with 11596 viewsPinnerPaul

The Queen on 15:13 - Sep 8 by qprxtc

Saturdays game off then.

Not sure, Nicholas Witchall, been covering the royals for years and years and years for the BBC says nothing "imminent"
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024