Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Queen 13:08 - Sep 8 with 59075 viewsSuperhoops2808

As if we didnt need more rubbish news, now the Queen appears to be very poorly
The Queen on 11:00 - Sep 10 with 2966 viewsstevec

The Queen on 10:42 - Sep 10 by Discodroids

Gawd blimey, that table being used for signing the proclamation is a bit tight for room . My pasting table in the shed would have been more fit for purpose.

He got a bit tetchy about it too!

Imagine you’d need the patience of a saint in that job, hope he copes.
The Queen on 11:07 - Sep 10 with 2919 viewshantssi

The Queen on 11:00 - Sep 10 by stevec

Didn’t he ever, my wife made exactly the same point!!
[Post edited 10 Sep 2022 11:08]
The Queen on 11:09 - Sep 10 with 2916 viewsToast_R

Apparently he can be a bit scratchy and short tempered when Camilla's not around him. She's taken some flak over the years but she's always been exemplary and at the end of the day, the love of his life.

I think he'll do well as King as long as she's beside him, much like the Queen with Phillip.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2022 11:12]
The Queen on 11:13 - Sep 10 with 2907 viewsDiscodroids

I must admit i did half expect a recorded voice of 'please exit via the gift shop' over the speakers, once the signing was complete and everyone was leaving the room.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2022 11:14]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

The Queen on 11:19 - Sep 10 with 2865 viewsDWQPR

Let’s be honest he has been through a hell of a lot over the last 48 hours, from the message that his mother was in the last hours of her life to being there when she gasped her last breath to travelling back to London yesterday to be briefed about what will happen next, meeting the PM to preparing and making that marvellous speech last evening to this mornings ceremony. I suspect that yesterday’s little walkabout outside the palace to meet with crowds was a blessed relief for him and something that he really appreciated. I suspect that he hasn’t had much sleep and we also probably don’t remember that he himself is an elderly man. I bet he could do with a cold beer and feet up watching the cricket now.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

The Queen on 11:19 - Sep 10 with 2863 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Nice bit of pagentry.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

The Queen on 11:25 - Sep 10 with 2846 viewsDiscodroids

The Queen on 11:19 - Sep 10 by DWQPR

Let’s be honest he has been through a hell of a lot over the last 48 hours, from the message that his mother was in the last hours of her life to being there when she gasped her last breath to travelling back to London yesterday to be briefed about what will happen next, meeting the PM to preparing and making that marvellous speech last evening to this mornings ceremony. I suspect that yesterday’s little walkabout outside the palace to meet with crowds was a blessed relief for him and something that he really appreciated. I suspect that he hasn’t had much sleep and we also probably don’t remember that he himself is an elderly man. I bet he could do with a cold beer and feet up watching the cricket now.

Excactly My feelings too. You Summed it up a Treat.

;-)

ps i missed the national anthem being sung at the Cricket. Apparently it was very emotional. I'm very keen to see it at some point today.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2022 11:28]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

The Queen on 11:31 - Sep 10 with 2825 viewsstevec

The Queen on 11:09 - Sep 10 by Toast_R

Apparently he can be a bit scratchy and short tempered when Camilla's not around him. She's taken some flak over the years but she's always been exemplary and at the end of the day, the love of his life.

I think he'll do well as King as long as she's beside him, much like the Queen with Phillip.

Very true about Camilla.

Interesting watching her face watching him as he looked to be getting restless with the endless ‘I approve’s’ as well. She seems to be aware when the toys are about to come out of the pram.
Login to get fewer ads

The Queen on 11:32 - Sep 10 with 2830 viewsessextaxiboy

The Queen on 11:19 - Sep 10 by Metallica_Hoop

Nice bit of pagentry.

The Guardsmen laying down their arms , removing the head dress for 3 cheers was really impressive .
We are brilliant at this stuff
The Queen on 11:55 - Sep 10 with 2778 viewsMrSheen

He’ll need something to do in the afternoon. 32-5
The Queen on 13:41 - Sep 10 with 2656 viewsBoston

The Queen on 11:32 - Sep 10 by essextaxiboy

The Guardsmen laying down their arms , removing the head dress for 3 cheers was really impressive .
We are brilliant at this stuff

Yeah, couldn't take my eyes off the Telly this morning when that was on. US tv people also impressed.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The Queen on 14:23 - Sep 10 with 2609 viewsJuzzie

The Queen on 11:09 - Sep 10 by Toast_R

Not taking anything away from the legacy and memory of a remarkable person but it always felt to me Diana was in fact ‘the other woman’.

Charles and Diana should never have married nor should have Camilla and Peter Bowles. Protocol and other stuff got in the way of things.
It took two unhappy marriages and a tragedy before Charles and Camilla finally could be together.

I hope over the next few years that the two of them can be far more accepted than at the beginning.
The Queen on 15:45 - Sep 10 with 2477 viewsCLAREMAN1995

The Queen on 13:41 - Sep 10 by Boston

Yeah, couldn't take my eyes off the Telly this morning when that was on. US tv people also impressed.

Just trying to wrap my head around the amazing pagentry.Remember its the same cermony since the begining of time basically but the first time its been on tv .I loved it but was secretly hoping that glass would slip off the table .Only joking of course
The Queen on 16:18 - Sep 10 with 2440 viewsstowmarketrange

Seeing as I couldn’t get a refund on my train tickets for today I thought I’d pop down and visit Buckingham Palace and the surrounding area.The police have closed off the mall about 150 yards away from the palace on both sides of the mall and you can’t get anywhere near the actual gates.
Do they think that people are going to storm the gates or something?Definitely ott from the police and other authorities to allow this to happen in my view.
A lot of people were frustrated at only being able to get so far and then having to turn around without seeing anything of the palace.
The Queen on 18:15 - Sep 10 with 2313 viewsSuperhoops2808

The Queen on 16:18 - Sep 10 by stowmarketrange

Seeing as I couldn’t get a refund on my train tickets for today I thought I’d pop down and visit Buckingham Palace and the surrounding area.The police have closed off the mall about 150 yards away from the palace on both sides of the mall and you can’t get anywhere near the actual gates.
Do they think that people are going to storm the gates or something?Definitely ott from the police and other authorities to allow this to happen in my view.
A lot of people were frustrated at only being able to get so far and then having to turn around without seeing anything of the palace.

Well if when you get home you watch the TV you will see why rather than knock the police - I suspect the King had asked to be able to do this and this was the only feasible way to do it.

As mentioned here, there are some people that have expressed delight at the passing, and it only takes one lunatic to ruin the moment
The Queen on 18:16 - Sep 10 with 2310 viewsSuperhoops2808

The Queen on 21:17 - Sep 9 by Lblock

Well I am a Royalist (not in the Reading FC Fake Hoop sense) and proud of it.

Genuinely touched by the overwhelming opinion on Queenie and that people aren't piling in.
Dismayed at stories of celebrations of the passing in certain areas at Friday gatherings but no matter.

Had to head up West today and I have to say... the HD billboard at Piccadilly Circus was beautiful as was the Post Office tower tribute.

The UK can be so classy with these things sometimes.

I'll raise another Spanish beer to you M'am shortly.

RIP

GSTK

My wife works for the company that does the billboard at Picc Circus. Was certainly beautiful as you say
The Queen on 18:54 - Sep 10 with 2242 viewsCiderwithRsie

I've always felt that is one of the weirdest things about hereditary monarchy which must have applied countless times over the centuries in different countries.

A king or queen starts out on the job while processing the fact that their parent (or maybe a sibling) has just died. Historically there was no love lost in a lot of cases but that must have meant mixed feelings too.

At least Charles III doesn't have to deal with horde of invading Vikings or similar.
The Queen on 19:03 - Sep 10 with 2229 viewsstowmarketrange

The Queen on 18:15 - Sep 10 by Superhoops2808

Well if when you get home you watch the TV you will see why rather than knock the police - I suspect the King had asked to be able to do this and this was the only feasible way to do it.

As mentioned here, there are some people that have expressed delight at the passing, and it only takes one lunatic to ruin the moment

They didn’t have it all closed yesterday and the king was there for part of the day.They hadn’t put any warning signs up to say that the mall was closed off to pedestrians,which meant that many people were heading the same way only to meet a metal barrier and have to come back again and meeting a flow of people going the other way.
There were a lot of police standing in the mall with their arms folded watching this happen.Could nobody have told the crowds that the mall was blocked off and they wouldn’t be able to reach the palace?There were people in wheelchairs meeting a throng of people in a very narrow space,and the potential for serious overcrowding issues was a possibility.
It could’ve been handled so much better.
The Queen on 19:11 - Sep 10 with 2201 viewscolinallcars

I popped into Hammersmith Mall to buy a few things, on my way to the boozer.
I was pleasantly surprised to hear Beethoven being played instead of the usual braindead pop music.
Sadly, I doubt it'll last long.
The Queen on 19:35 - Sep 10 with 2135 viewsCamberleyR

The Queen on 14:23 - Sep 10 by Juzzie

Not taking anything away from the legacy and memory of a remarkable person but it always felt to me Diana was in fact ‘the other woman’.

Charles and Diana should never have married nor should have Camilla and Peter Bowles. Protocol and other stuff got in the way of things.
It took two unhappy marriages and a tragedy before Charles and Camilla finally could be together.

I hope over the next few years that the two of them can be far more accepted than at the beginning.

Agree, in a normal world, yes they probably should have eventually married after first meeting in the early 70s as she is clearly the love of his life but back then it was unheard of for the heir to the throne to marry a commoner. These days of course nothing is said as shown with William marrying commoner Kate.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2022 20:47]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

The Queen on 20:54 - Sep 10 with 2025 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I find this rather moving.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

The Queen on 21:17 - Sep 10 with 1959 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

The Queen on 18:15 - Sep 10 by Superhoops2808

Not sure you should be disregarding this feedback so gleefully mate.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

The Queen on 22:21 - Sep 10 with 1822 viewshantssi

Can’t believe this was just over 10 years ago!
The Queen on 22:57 - Sep 10 with 1736 viewsGloryHunter

"Since the Queen’s death, support for ending the monarchy and a desire to debate its relevance have both grown stronger"

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/sep/10/king-charles-britain-republicans
The Queen on 23:10 - Sep 10 with 2176 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

The Queen on 22:57 - Sep 10 by GloryHunter

"Since the Queen’s death, support for ending the monarchy and a desire to debate its relevance have both grown stronger"

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/sep/10/king-charles-britain-republicans

This is the worse time to question the monarchy surely?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024