Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Queen 13:08 - Sep 8 with 59074 viewsSuperhoops2808

As if we didnt need more rubbish news, now the Queen appears to be very poorly
The Queen on 23:14 - Sep 10 with 2882 viewsCLAREMAN1995

The Queen on 20:54 - Sep 10 by Metallica_Hoop

I find this rather moving.

Wow that is a lovely tribute thank you for posting .From a young child ,growing into a beautiful young woman,taking the throne and remaining there for her whole life.
She kept her radiant smile right up to her last public apperance last Tuesday.
Today was all about King Charles but when her coffin starts its final journey through Scotland it will be the most powerful,emotional ,moving event of our lives I am guessing.
RIP Queen Elizabeth you will never fade away
The Queen on 00:38 - Sep 11 with 2792 viewsJAY

The Queen on 23:10 - Sep 10 by CliveWilsonSaid

This is the worse time to question the monarchy surely?

The best time I would say
The Queen on 10:09 - Sep 11 with 2534 viewsDWQPR

It’s just typical of the Grauniad to promote their own minority agenda. They have always had republican tendencies. They will try and pick up the baton of any so called minority cause and run with it. Last example was with BLM, no such promotion until seeing the protests in the US spill over here. And on top of that they called out many businesses and institutions and historical figures with either their links to the slave trade or treatment of peoples of non-white origins and yet they conveniently brushed over their papers own origins.

Ultimately the Grauniad has always been a minority paper and their circulation compared to other broadsheets let alone tabloids has always been poor. Even the Independent sold more before it decided to go online.

Anyway, let’s just put all this aside. We have lost, for most of us a beloved monarch, loved more than I think many of us actually realised with our own surprising feelings and I’m sure most of us really do hope that Charles becomes the King that reflects on the legacy of his mother.

GSTK

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

The Queen on 10:18 - Sep 11 with 2502 viewsdistortR

The Queen on 22:57 - Sep 10 by GloryHunter

"Since the Queen’s death, support for ending the monarchy and a desire to debate its relevance have both grown stronger"

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/sep/10/king-charles-britain-republicans

Polls.............who pays for them, how is the poll worded, response bias etc.
I was discussing them with someone else recently,over a different matter. I am coming to the opinion that they are used more as a vehicle to move public opinion then reflect it.

It annoys me when the 'results' are taken as fact. In the conversation I had, a poll of 3000 respondents, in a nation of well over 300,000,000,led to the headline '6 out of 10 Americans believe..........".

Just another bullshit industry.
The Queen on 10:21 - Sep 11 with 2487 viewsPaddyhoops

A discussion for another time however there is huge coverage elsewhere in the Gaurdian.
The Queen on 10:21 - Sep 11 with 2487 viewsGloryHunter

The Queen on 10:09 - Sep 11 by DWQPR

It’s just typical of the Grauniad to promote their own minority agenda. They have always had republican tendencies. They will try and pick up the baton of any so called minority cause and run with it. Last example was with BLM, no such promotion until seeing the protests in the US spill over here. And on top of that they called out many businesses and institutions and historical figures with either their links to the slave trade or treatment of peoples of non-white origins and yet they conveniently brushed over their papers own origins.

Ultimately the Grauniad has always been a minority paper and their circulation compared to other broadsheets let alone tabloids has always been poor. Even the Independent sold more before it decided to go online.

Anyway, let’s just put all this aside. We have lost, for most of us a beloved monarch, loved more than I think many of us actually realised with our own surprising feelings and I’m sure most of us really do hope that Charles becomes the King that reflects on the legacy of his mother.

GSTK

It's a report in The Guardian about a campaigning group called Republic. It's not a campaign by The Guardian. You are in danger of "shooting the messenger".

[Edit] Here you are, it's reported by Reuters as well. I don't think anyone could accuse Reuters of "promoting their own minority agenda".
https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/with-queen-elizabeths-death-republicans-sense-t
[Post edited 11 Sep 2022 10:26]
The Queen on 10:32 - Sep 11 with 2445 viewsSharpediver

The Queen on 10:21 - Sep 11 by Paddyhoops

A discussion for another time however there is huge coverage elsewhere in the Gaurdian.

What rot. The Guardian/Observer is full of Royal coverage right now. Its free to access so why don't you just have a look
The Queen on 10:36 - Sep 11 with 2432 viewsSharpediver

Well said mate. Glad not everyone on here is a sycophant. For anyone who wants a break from the unrelenting British media coverage, France 24, CNN and Al jazeera are actually covering some other mportant world news.
Login to get fewer ads

The Queen on 10:45 - Sep 11 with 2397 viewsdistortR

The Queen on 10:32 - Sep 11 by Sharpediver

What rot. The Guardian/Observer is full of Royal coverage right now. Its free to access so why don't you just have a look

you've got angry while repeating exactly what he said............
The Queen on 10:46 - Sep 11 with 2386 viewshantssi

The Queen on 10:18 - Sep 11 by distortR

Polls.............who pays for them, how is the poll worded, response bias etc.
I was discussing them with someone else recently,over a different matter. I am coming to the opinion that they are used more as a vehicle to move public opinion then reflect it.

It annoys me when the 'results' are taken as fact. In the conversation I had, a poll of 3000 respondents, in a nation of well over 300,000,000,led to the headline '6 out of 10 Americans believe..........".

Just another bullshit industry.

The Queen on 10:48 - Sep 11 with 2374 viewshantssi

The Queen on 10:36 - Sep 11 by Sharpediver

Well said mate. Glad not everyone on here is a sycophant. For anyone who wants a break from the unrelenting British media coverage, France 24, CNN and Al jazeera are actually covering some other mportant world news.

If you don’t like just don’t read it then.
The Queen on 10:48 - Sep 11 with 2377 viewsSharpediver

The Queen on 10:45 - Sep 11 by distortR

you've got angry while repeating exactly what he said............

Sorry mate not angry and don't follow?
The Queen on 10:55 - Sep 11 with 2338 viewsSharpediver

The Queen on 10:48 - Sep 11 by hantssi

If you don’t like just don’t read it then.

I can read what I like and feel free to disagree with what I like just as you can mate. It's called freedom of expression.
The Queen on 10:58 - Sep 11 with 2331 viewsPaddyhoops

The Queen on 10:32 - Sep 11 by Sharpediver

I subscribe to the Gaurdian. All I’m saying is there is positive coverage as well the article about Ending the monarchy.
As I said it’s probably an article for another time.
The Queen on 11:09 - Sep 11 with 2274 viewsSharpediver

The Queen on 10:58 - Sep 11 by Paddyhoops

I subscribe to the Gaurdian. All I’m saying is there is positive coverage as well the article about Ending the monarchy.
As I said it’s probably an article for another time.

Sorry mate, I must have mis-read/maybe replied to wrong post where someone was banging on about 'Grauniad' types. I'm a Guardian subscriber myself and have found, rather disappointingly, that their coverage has been overwhelmingly pro -Royalist.
The Queen on 11:12 - Sep 11 with 2258 viewsfrancisbowles

After the proclamations that were read out yesterday outside St James's Palace iin Westminster and The Royal Exchange in the city of London, today there will be many more towns and cities, Windsor for exanple, where ceremonies will be held and similar words will be read out in public.

For those that may not know, way back in time before newspapers or any form of media communication. horsemen would be dispatched with messages as this was the only real method of spreading news around the kingdom. This news would then be proclaimed in the town square to all those nearby and further spread by word of mouth.
The Queen on 11:23 - Sep 11 with 2187 viewsNed_Kennedys

It’s pathetic that some people lack the decency to show respect.
It’s the world we live in now I’m afraid mate: full of anger and bullshit.
The Queen on 11:23 - Sep 11 with 2164 viewsClive_Anderson

The Queen on 11:09 - Sep 11 by Sharpediver

Sorry mate, I must have mis-read/maybe replied to wrong post where someone was banging on about 'Grauniad' types. I'm a Guardian subscriber myself and have found, rather disappointingly, that their coverage has been overwhelmingly pro -Royalist.

Who could possibly have guessed you were a guardian reader
The Queen on 11:28 - Sep 11 with 2134 viewsNorthernr

Please don't do this. Please.
The Queen on 11:33 - Sep 11 with 2104 viewsdistortR

Wife has the funeral procession on. Scotland looking beautiful.
The Queen on 11:52 - Sep 11 with 2042 viewsPunteR

The more this country is divided left and right the more i feel a monarchy should be in place.

Ive got a feeling some in this country, myself included have underestimated the value of the Queen as a figurehead and how she amplified our small island(s) to the rest of the world.

I consider myself very fortunate to live in this country despite the economic problems we're now experiencing, and i think the standard of living compared to most countries around the world is exemplary. I think that's due to lots of different factors but we cant dismiss the role of the monarchy as giving the country throughout the centuries a sincere and noble appearance and commanding a level of respect.

Its not a perfect system by any stretch but at least Queen Elizabeth upheld the code of conduct thats required for the role of that nature compared to a lot of her family.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The Queen on 12:00 - Sep 11 with 2009 viewsdistortR

The Queen on 11:52 - Sep 11 by PunteR

The more this country is divided left and right the more i feel a monarchy should be in place.

Ive got a feeling some in this country, myself included have underestimated the value of the Queen as a figurehead and how she amplified our small island(s) to the rest of the world.

I consider myself very fortunate to live in this country despite the economic problems we're now experiencing, and i think the standard of living compared to most countries around the world is exemplary. I think that's due to lots of different factors but we cant dismiss the role of the monarchy as giving the country throughout the centuries a sincere and noble appearance and commanding a level of respect.

Its not a perfect system by any stretch but at least Queen Elizabeth upheld the code of conduct thats required for the role of that nature compared to a lot of her family.

Nice words. I found the bit someone wrote about the Ray Jones tribute touching - I may not like being called a subject (Although subject/citizen is, in reality, meaningless), but I feel that she did really care about her 'subjects'. As opposed to the people we vote for and tend to use us/their position as a stepping stone/ for personal gain.
The Queen on 12:07 - Sep 11 with 1988 viewsSharpediver

Ha ha. Yes, I'm also a subscriber to The Times, London Review of Books and The New Stateman. Also dip into The Spectator occasionally and lots of Internet news sites and foreign media too. I'm happy to look at things outside of my own views and engage in any debate. I don't do personal abuse or resort to shouting at people, belittling them or swearing at them. Have a good day mate.
The Queen on 12:47 - Sep 11 with 1901 viewspaulparker

The Queen on 12:07 - Sep 11 by Sharpediver

Ha ha. Yes, I'm also a subscriber to The Times, London Review of Books and The New Stateman. Also dip into The Spectator occasionally and lots of Internet news sites and foreign media too. I'm happy to look at things outside of my own views and engage in any debate. I don't do personal abuse or resort to shouting at people, belittling them or swearing at them. Have a good day mate.

Good for you
Why you felt the need to stir up a decent thread is a mystery to me seeing as I’ve never seen you post anything on here before, I doubt your even a QPR fan

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Queen on 12:59 - Sep 11 with 1861 viewsBucksRanger

The Queen on 12:47 - Sep 11 by paulparker

Good for you
Why you felt the need to stir up a decent thread is a mystery to me seeing as I’ve never seen you post anything on here before, I doubt your even a QPR fan

He's been posting at least 4 years and certainly appears to be a Rangers fan. I like his posts.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024