Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What did you learn from the pandemic ? 23:23 - Nov 12 with 9512 viewsbollockchops

Ive been asking people at work and in the club and got some good responses , i started of by saying what i thourght and i said i realised how much i was spending at the local pub and that was gonna change and somebody at work said we now make space when chatting to folk or if they move in your space you move out and thats exactly what i did when he moved towards me !
Did your community come closer or dont you talk to anyone ?
If it came round again would you do things different ?
If you lost someone then im sorry to drag it up but everybodies opinon is important i want to hear from all you ghost posters
Did you break the two metre rule ?
im from a big family but i didnt realise how important family is
i know this is very dis jointed and i wont be winning any awards this year but i just needed to ask the question "What did you learn from the pandemic ? "

What did you learn from the pandemic ? on 23:33 - Nov 12 with 4575 viewsbollockchops

i forgot to say
Did your shopping habits change ?
What did you learn from the pandemic ? on 06:25 - Nov 13 with 4423 viewsThe_Beast1976

That the whole thing was used to commence a big drive forwards on the green agenda and the destruction of the middle classes by the end of this decade. Never ever again will I ever listen to a single word our Govt says (and will often do the complete opposite of whatever our Govt says). That's about all I learned.

Not saying the agenda is a bad thing mind. Something had to be done to get the human population under control. It's going to barely worth working though once the budget is announced next week, and I suspect many higher earners and creators of economic activity simply won't bother any longer (thereby making the incoming recession a lot harder for the middle and working classes who need to work to survive)
[Post edited 13 Nov 2022 7:17]
What did you learn from the pandemic ? on 08:45 - Nov 13 with 4311 viewsEsox_Lucius

That the government is openly corrupt and is unaccountable for it.

The grass is always greener.

What did you learn from the pandemic ? on 09:06 - Nov 13 with 4269 viewsdistortR

I learnt how manipulatable we are with a little bit of bribery, a little bit of fear.

No government is ever telling me my son can't come my round to my house again.

Give us the information and advice and let us make the decisions, I don't trust or believe you
[Post edited 13 Nov 2022 9:21]
What did you learn from the pandemic ? on 09:38 - Nov 13 with 4222 viewsLblock

I learnt lots.
Funnily enough I was talking to my wife about exactly this on the walk yesterday morning.

Controversial (and I did lose someone close plus two neighbours) but I actually enjoyed lots about it. The lockdown taught me what is important and refocused me away from work, made me appreciate things taken for granted and a seismic change in that I didn’t have to go to football at every opportunity.
As a spin out from lockdown I also learned some lessons about contact and what a bit of effort brings you in that respect.
Post pandemic (can we say that? Is it over?) I’d definitely say I’ve changed in many ways and most of those for the better, although I’d credit that as 50% pandemic lessons and 50% learning from health issues just as we ticked into 2022.
You realise who makes time and effort for you and appreciate that greatly.
You realise you can’t influence things and make the bloody best of what you’ve got.
You realise time is precious
You realise getting the hump that Dozzell can’t tackle a cheese sandwich doesn’t really mean much in the grand scheme of things
And you really do realise that this ain’t no dress rehearsal

Enjoy!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

What did you learn from the pandemic ? on 10:29 - Nov 13 with 4153 viewslightwaterhoop

What did you learn from the pandemic ? on 06:25 - Nov 13 by The_Beast1976

That the whole thing was used to commence a big drive forwards on the green agenda and the destruction of the middle classes by the end of this decade. Never ever again will I ever listen to a single word our Govt says (and will often do the complete opposite of whatever our Govt says). That's about all I learned.

Not saying the agenda is a bad thing mind. Something had to be done to get the human population under control. It's going to barely worth working though once the budget is announced next week, and I suspect many higher earners and creators of economic activity simply won't bother any longer (thereby making the incoming recession a lot harder for the middle and working classes who need to work to survive)

Your second paragraph is true at least in my case.I will retire early,next year at 62 as the tax rates make work pretty pointless.So i will just take my pension and get less money but not be any worse off and probably better off.Madness,and thats before the budget.
What did you learn from the pandemic ? on 10:33 - Nov 13 with 4130 viewsSonofpugwash

That there were some nasty people out there,purportedly your "friends" and
relatives who in extremis wanted you dead because you were savvy enough not to take the Clotshots.
And now to add insult to injury there is a nationwide - nay worldwide - push for an amnesty since they realise they got it all wrong.
No Fukking way.
Never going to forget.
Never going to forgive.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

What did you learn from the pandemic ? on 12:03 - Nov 13 with 4043 viewsJuzzie

On a grand scale, how corrupt the government had been

On a street level scale how unhygienic people are. Even now when I’m in the office well dressed & coiffured people are still not washing their hands after going to the toilet.

And yes, agree with sonofpugwash the vitriol at people who didn’t want the jab. I know a few who didn’t and they were not anti-vaxxers by any stretch. They had legitimate concerns but were hounded for doing so. They still took ppe precautions, still abided by the rules.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2022 12:04]
Login to get fewer ads

What did you learn from the pandemic ? on 12:17 - Nov 13 with 4009 viewsBucksRanger

What did you learn from the pandemic ?

1. The virus was circulating in the UK months before the government even got moving.
2. The air was much cleaner during lockdown and my breathing improved.
3. The waters (seas, rivers, even ponds) were cleaner.
4. Wildlife returned and I enjoyed seeing that.
5. We probably have a few billion too many people on the planet.
6. Vitamin D is a great protection from viruses (except the sexually transmitted kind).
What did you learn from the pandemic ? on 12:21 - Nov 13 with 4007 viewsessextaxiboy

What did you learn from the pandemic ? on 12:03 - Nov 13 by Juzzie

On a grand scale, how corrupt the government had been

On a street level scale how unhygienic people are. Even now when I’m in the office well dressed & coiffured people are still not washing their hands after going to the toilet.

And yes, agree with sonofpugwash the vitriol at people who didn’t want the jab. I know a few who didn’t and they were not anti-vaxxers by any stretch. They had legitimate concerns but were hounded for doing so. They still took ppe precautions, still abided by the rules.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2022 12:04]

IMO the vitriol was justified . If you didnt want the jab fair enough , if you got Covid and died tough .. choices have consequences , but to wilfully risk putting the NHS under more pressure than it needed to be was selfish in the extreme .

Tin foil hattery , fuelled by Facebook and a distrust of the Government is all it is . My Mum(84) , just getting over Non Hodgkins Lymphoma was told at diagnosis "if you get Covid its lights out "

She got fully jabbed and has just recovered from 2 weeks of Covid , it wasnt pleasant but thanks to that jab she is here today waiting for her Sunday lunch .
What did you learn from the pandemic ? on 13:08 - Nov 13 with 3940 viewsted_hendrix

Two things really both of them I already knew but time immemorial had caused me to forget.

Firstly It's the good people of this Country, when I got my first jab at the surgery It was raining and naturally very busy, there were about six or so people in High viz jackets organising the parking and from memory ten people giving the jabs In a large hastily erected marquee and various other people doing the admin, a wet and windy Saturday morning.
On the way back to my car I asked one of the Ladies on parking duties how have you all managed to get this all organised and where have you all come from, she replied that the majority of everyone working there were all volunteers.

Secondly the appalling Johnson and his so called leadership, as much as I've always detested the man I didn't realise until Covid hit these shores just how much I despise the vile creature (and still do).

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

What did you learn from the pandemic ? on 13:12 - Nov 13 with 3925 viewsMedwayR

I learnt how selfish and self-centred people are, being nice to each other lasted about 2 weeks once normality returned, at one point I thought there might be a genuine cultural shift in how people behaved towards each other, instead it seems to have gone the other way!

I also learnt how unimportant work is and money too to an extent, life is time limited, and we need to enjoy it, not chase money and work ourselves into the ground - I also notice how employers didn't and still don't understand this, people's priorities have changed. Additionally, covid highlighted how short-termist businesses and managers are in their decisions as demonstrated by hospitality and airports, no loyalty to their employees but expect loyalty from their employees and unable to foresee the consequences of their decisions and actions, for example, when they lay off their staff then get left short-staffed when normality returned, almost as if running a business entirely focused on shareholder dividends and profits isn't a healthy and balanced way to run a business. A lot of the above is probably just capitalism at work but covid highlighted it more.

P.S. This doesn't need to become a battleground (not that it has...yet) for jab v non-jab.

Poll: Who’s better?

What did you learn from the pandemic ? on 14:18 - Nov 13 with 3834 viewsSonofpugwash

What did you learn from the pandemic ? on 12:21 - Nov 13 by essextaxiboy

IMO the vitriol was justified . If you didnt want the jab fair enough , if you got Covid and died tough .. choices have consequences , but to wilfully risk putting the NHS under more pressure than it needed to be was selfish in the extreme .

Tin foil hattery , fuelled by Facebook and a distrust of the Government is all it is . My Mum(84) , just getting over Non Hodgkins Lymphoma was told at diagnosis "if you get Covid its lights out "

She got fully jabbed and has just recovered from 2 weeks of Covid , it wasnt pleasant but thanks to that jab she is here today waiting for her Sunday lunch .

I said at the outset that care homes would become death camps and so it turned out.Thanks to Midazolam and the knighthood and CBE bedecked people who disseminated it the elderly population has been reduced.
But tough eh?They can go into the Jungle with head held high to eat kangaroo bollocks and the like.
"Tin foil hat" conspiracy theorists?I wear that accusation as a badge of pride because we've consistently been proven to be spot on.
Karma will sort out the repercussions and it seems to be doing a pretty good job.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2022 14:21]

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

What did you learn from the pandemic ? on 15:31 - Nov 13 with 3760 viewsloftboy

I learnt that if a Tory knocks on my door after my vote I will knock them out.
As I’ve said before my mum and dad were married for 65 years when my dad passed away, due to restrictions in care homes at the time my mum wasn’t allowed to see him at the end of go to his funeral, at that same time them cûnts were breaking their laws left right and centre.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2022 15:33]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

What did you learn from the pandemic ? on 15:35 - Nov 13 with 3750 viewsJuzzie

Unfortunately it’s not black or white.
Those I knew who didn’t have the jab complied with absolutely everything…. WFH, social distancing, restrictions on who they visited/ had visit all as applicable etc etc

Yes, there were those who flouted things (PM and ministers too) but not everyone did.
If we’re going to talk about not overloading the NHS then all the whimsical calls to 999 and visits to A&E need addressing too, and they have been going on for far longer than Covid was around.

That’s my last say as I don’t want this thread to descend into the same merry-go-round as others
[Post edited 13 Nov 2022 15:37]
What did you learn from the pandemic ? on 16:08 - Nov 13 with 3658 viewsTacticalR

What did you learn from the pandemic ? on 06:25 - Nov 13 by The_Beast1976

Can I ask what you mean by 'the middle classes'? From the context I am guessing that you have primarily in mind small business owners. On the whole that is who I refer to as the middle class (roughly speaking).

However, I ask the question, because a lot of people use the term to refer to anyone in a white collar job (office workers, civil servants etc). It's more of a sociological definition of class.

Air hostess clique

What did you learn from the pandemic ? on 16:42 - Nov 13 with 3601 viewsdistortR

What did you learn from the pandemic ? on 16:08 - Nov 13 by TacticalR

Can I ask what you mean by 'the middle classes'? From the context I am guessing that you have primarily in mind small business owners. On the whole that is who I refer to as the middle class (roughly speaking).

However, I ask the question, because a lot of people use the term to refer to anyone in a white collar job (office workers, civil servants etc). It's more of a sociological definition of class.

little Alice fell
d
o
w
n
the h0le
What did you learn from the pandemic ? on 16:46 - Nov 13 with 3593 viewsstevec

I learnt that if you create a pandemic the public don’t ask questions.
If you try to solve a pandemic the public never stop asking questions.
What did you learn from the pandemic ? on 18:12 - Nov 13 with 3470 viewsBoston

Choices do have consequences, but we don't hold that rule for other 'risky' business, whether it be smoking, drug overdosing, drinking or sexual etc.

I presume that all / most of those who refused this shot had made NHS contributions.

Y'know, during armed conflict, medics treat the enemy even when they're run off their feet, being shelled, short of supplies etc etc.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

What did you learn from the pandemic ? on 18:19 - Nov 13 with 3452 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I learned that politics is much more important than I ever thought. I'm much more scared of my own politicians and media than I was before the pandemic. Are we really any different (better) to China and Russia and all the others? I don't think we are anymore.

I also learned that the vast majority of people in my area are very decent. More than that. Most of them are truly amazing.

[Post edited 13 Nov 2022 18:20]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

What did you learn from the pandemic ? on 18:20 - Nov 13 with 3437 viewsBoston

What did you learn from the pandemic ? on 18:19 - Nov 13 by CliveWilsonSaid

I learned that politics is much more important than I ever thought. I'm much more scared of my own politicians and media than I was before the pandemic. Are we really any different (better) to China and Russia and all the others? I don't think we are anymore.

I also learned that the vast majority of people in my area are very decent. More than that. Most of them are truly amazing.

[Post edited 13 Nov 2022 18:20]

Never let a good crisis go to waste.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

What did you learn from the pandemic ? on 18:58 - Nov 13 with 3375 viewsMrSheen

Commuting is an utter waste of time, money and energy and I’m not going back to it (full time!).
What did you learn from the pandemic ? on 19:04 - Nov 13 with 3363 viewsLogman

I learned that -paradoxically - we took a big step closer to 1984 and rightly or wrongly we had personal liberties taken away from us. Sadly, state control became a whole lot more pervasive as a result of the lockdowns and we made one horrible move towards pseudo totalitarianism.
What did you learn from the pandemic ? on 19:26 - Nov 13 with 3330 viewsBrianMcCarthy

That most humans are decent, loving and loyal, and that their capacity in a crisis is enormous.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

What did you learn from the pandemic ? on 20:11 - Nov 13 with 3230 viewsPaddyhoops

I always thought Novax Djokovic was not a bit of tool . The pandemic just confirmed it!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024