Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Road to Wembley thread 10:43 - Jan 3 with 52198 viewsRangersDave

Yup, gone early on this one, however.......

I'm not so sure Fleetwood will be a pushover, especially with our .... unfit, tired, ill, useless, out of contract soon, (delete as appropriate) players.

With that in mind, i'm going 1-2 to the Rangers with Fleetwood scoring first and very early in the match.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Road to Wembley thread on 18:32 - Jan 7 with 2883 viewsRangersw12

Do something about it then mate
Road to Wembley thread on 18:34 - Jan 7 with 2847 viewsDieByYourSide

Critchley pissed off. Interesting use of words with "this group" and referencing the end of last season and performances under Beale.

Need to give him a full Summer window to put together his team.

Poll: And it's hi ho

Road to Wembley thread on 18:35 - Jan 7 with 2806 viewsqueensparker

Road to Wembley thread on 18:34 - Jan 7 by DieByYourSide

Critchley pissed off. Interesting use of words with "this group" and referencing the end of last season and performances under Beale.

I like that interview. Good for him. No fkin about
Road to Wembley thread on 18:39 - Jan 7 with 2747 viewsHunterhoop

Completely agree more with him.

He canโ€™t magically click his fingers and have them all giving 100%. Iโ€™m sure heโ€™d like to drop them all, but we donโ€™t have the squad to even get close to doing that (because of FFP).

But heโ€™a basically calling them c*nts there, which I like. You can never let a scenario develop at a football club where the players are more powerful than the head coach and the club bends to them rather than the other way around. We should be billing to f*ck any of them off, burn them in the stiffs, or simply dock them wages, to make the point that the club is more important than any player or set of players, even if we get worse.

Heโ€™s admitting they are not trying and have a sh*t attitude. He should be given full backing to do whatever he thinks is right to address this. He is fresh in, new pair of eyes, and sees them all daily. Fascinated to see who plays against Reading.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2023 18:46]
Road to Wembley thread on 18:41 - Jan 7 with 2716 viewsandrew1302

Well at least he was honest. He knows the situation and I am sure he will move certain people on by the start of next season. Albert Dozell Timo Thomas there are a few whose time has come.
Road to Wembley thread on 18:45 - Jan 7 with 2653 viewsaston_hoop

I might have reached the tipping point today between starting loan players and starting our own players. Every time we play well, Iroegbunam has been at the heart of it. What he gives in midfield picking the ball up and driving us forward, his press too, so important. Dozzell offers none of that. Kakay was given a torrid time by a 19 year old picked up from non-league football today, Laird is on another planet. There's lots of football to play and despite all the doom and gloom, the league table has us in the mix. The argument has to be that some of the quality from the loans drags us to a higher level and thats good for those players we own who are good enough.

Anyway, I think Critchley knows this and will definitely get it right given time.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Road to Wembley thread on 18:46 - Jan 7 with 2615 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Road to Wembley thread on 18:15 - Jan 7 by sdm19994

Nothing will change until the current owners sell the club and the DOF loses his job for POOR performance. Not a chance I would get this long being terrible at my job.

Doubt you're on his salary either. And yet the Director of Failure and his PE teachers will be clocking in on Monday with no repercussions or responsibility for today.
Road to Wembley thread on 18:48 - Jan 7 with 2611 viewsNortholt_Rs

Road to Wembley thread on 18:34 - Jan 7 by DieByYourSide

โ€œItโ€™s their fault not mineโ€

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Login to get fewer ads

Road to Wembley thread on 18:54 - Jan 7 with 2516 viewsHunterhoop

Road to Wembley thread on 18:48 - Jan 7 by Northolt_Rs

It is.
Road to Wembley thread on 18:56 - Jan 7 with 2480 viewsDieByYourSide

6 games since the break, 50% of those (Burnley, Luton, Fleetwood) the players simply haven't done the basics.

Poll: And it's hi ho

Road to Wembley thread on 18:57 - Jan 7 with 2474 viewsBostonR

I make him right. You can tell from his body language, he is set to explode. Itโ€™s obvious some players are ignoring team instructions, he knows Dykes is not good enough and it appears he already knew this group are weak mentally.
No bullshit from him - just an honest and subdued overview.
Road to Wembley thread on 18:57 - Jan 7 with 2459 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Are you saying NC is passing the buck there Northolt_Rs or he is dropping the hammer on the players and rightly so.
He said he knew this group of players were hot and cold even before he took the job but probably figures he can sort it out.
Fair play to him mentioning the fans because they lost the most between time and money to end up watching this pathetic slop.
We need to snap out of this ASAP
Road to Wembley thread on 19:00 - Jan 7 with 2405 viewstraininvain

Road to Wembley thread on 18:45 - Jan 7 by aston_hoop

I might have reached the tipping point today between starting loan players and starting our own players. Every time we play well, Iroegbunam has been at the heart of it. What he gives in midfield picking the ball up and driving us forward, his press too, so important. Dozzell offers none of that. Kakay was given a torrid time by a 19 year old picked up from non-league football today, Laird is on another planet. There's lots of football to play and despite all the doom and gloom, the league table has us in the mix. The argument has to be that some of the quality from the loans drags us to a higher level and thats good for those players we own who are good enough.

Anyway, I think Critchley knows this and will definitely get it right given time.

Agreed. We need to be starting the likes of Paal, Laird and Tim to have the best chance of winning games. The squad isnโ€™t good enough to be sending back loans or resting 2/3 keys players.

Priority now is survival and playing our strongest available team is a must until we have enough points on the board to start our own players ahead of the loanees who are clearly streets ahead.
Road to Wembley thread on 19:04 - Jan 7 with 2314 viewsDamo1962

He's right. Good on him for sussing early on, what a lot of us have known for some time. This has given me renewed hope, and I wish him all the luck in the world. The only problem he will have, is finding players who don't think the world revolves around them...and don't mind a few home-truths.
Road to Wembley thread on 19:04 - Jan 7 with 2326 viewsdenhamhoop2

Well he's not wrong attitude attitude is what that interview cries out sadly this has been going on at Rangers too long "it's a bit wet a bit windy oh let's get my gloves on oh they are running around tackling hard how very dare they" . The 50cc engine that runs for 90 minutes will produce more than the 250cc engine that runs for 15 minutes in every 90 minutes
Road to Wembley thread on 19:25 - Jan 7 with 2136 viewsBushRanger82

Road to Wembley thread on 17:24 - Jan 7 by Damo1962

So true, and heart-breaking. Glad I saw us when we were a club to be proud of, and the rest of London took us seriously. There is probably a generation around SB and NW London ...who don't even know we exist.

Yes. I remember 83/84 our first season back in the top flight under Terry Venables. We finished 5th, top London club, and many of us believed we would do even better the following season, had Terry stayed of course.
But, even fresh out the 2nd division, we were able to compete with the best.
And in those days of course, getting past the first hurdle in a cup competition, even the Euefa Cup, was a mere formality.
Look at us now. Even teams 3 leagues below us have dumped us on our arses first time of asking in the cups.
Such a shame. We very nearly became a major contender in English football, but this small club mentality, that has dogged us virtually from the day Queen's Park Rangers was formed in 1886, has won through every single bloody time.
Road to Wembley thread on 19:26 - Jan 7 with 2118 viewsNortholt_Rs

Road to Wembley thread on 18:57 - Jan 7 by CLAREMAN1995

Are you saying NC is passing the buck there Northolt_Rs or he is dropping the hammer on the players and rightly so.
He said he knew this group of players were hot and cold even before he took the job but probably figures he can sort it out.
Fair play to him mentioning the fans because they lost the most between time and money to end up watching this pathetic slop.
We need to snap out of this ASAP

Dropping the hammerโ€ฆ..heโ€™s calling them out and rightly soโ€ฆ.. Today was abysmally unacceptable.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Road to Wembley thread on 19:45 - Jan 7 with 1952 viewsManinBlack

Yes small club mentality and content to be mediocre has blighted us for decades. However, I believe the big money since the Premiership was created has made our inferiority complex even greater and FFP is the icing on the cake which seems to have produced the white flag of surrender.

When we were promoted in 1983 it was a different world. Smaller clubs had just as good squads as the big clubs. This is why we finished 5th in our first season. It was only gate receipts that provided a gap between clubs. Today it is very difficult for any promoted side to the Premier league to reach 18th in their first season let alone finish 5th. The huge money going to the top sides through TV, gate receipts and playing Champions league football has ended any hopes we have of getting anywhere near them.

We look broken as a club with no purpose and it appears the collective belief has been crushed that we can ever better ourselves. We just exist and that is it, just survival as a club seems to be the goal.

Middlesbrough hope to go up this season. They played a full strength team at home today and got stuffed 5-1 by Brighton which typifies the gulf between the play off contenders in the Championship and an upper mid table established Premier league team.

One good thing to come out of today's debacle is the after match observations of the manager. He too has noted the air of mediocrity accepted at this club for far too long.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2023 19:47]
Road to Wembley thread on 19:48 - Jan 7 with 1885 viewsCamberleyR

Road to Wembley thread on 19:25 - Jan 7 by BushRanger82

Yes. I remember 83/84 our first season back in the top flight under Terry Venables. We finished 5th, top London club, and many of us believed we would do even better the following season, had Terry stayed of course.
But, even fresh out the 2nd division, we were able to compete with the best.
And in those days of course, getting past the first hurdle in a cup competition, even the Euefa Cup, was a mere formality.
Look at us now. Even teams 3 leagues below us have dumped us on our arses first time of asking in the cups.
Such a shame. We very nearly became a major contender in English football, but this small club mentality, that has dogged us virtually from the day Queen's Park Rangers was formed in 1886, has won through every single bloody time.

"And in those days of course, getting past the first hurdle in a cup competition, even the Euefa Cup, was a mere formality"

Even in those days we were shit in cup Competitions, particularly the FA Cup bar 1982 which increasingly looks like a tear in the space time continuum. If we were playing up north especially, forget it.

83/84 in the FA Cup we lost away in the third round to second division Huddersfield
84/85 lost away in the third round to third division Doncaster
85/86 lost away in the third round to second division and soon to be relegated Carlisle

Even when we had a very good team in 93/94 I saw us lose 2-1 at third tier Stockport County at Edgeley Park.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2023 19:51]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Road to Wembley thread on 19:58 - Jan 7 with 1832 viewsBushRanger82

It's all academic now, anyway.
Unless, there's a dramatic change in direction by this board, or future board, this club will die out.
I just hope I'm not around to see it.
Road to Wembley thread, yeah right RIP 2023 on 19:58 - Jan 7 with 1833 viewsRangersDave

Just back.

Normally take 90 mins but i pulled over to compose myself.
And that hasnt worked 1 little bit.

What a sh1 t show that was, no one except maybe Seny, come out of that game with any credit.

Lucky first goal, then off to byby's for theirs...... they had 2 players completely unmarked on the left hand side, the rear one being Hayle (who played well), and our closest player was 20 yards away, and not once all game did we figure that out.

Yeah, they time wasted (only 5 mins ref, even after all the sit down protests by their players, plus time for all those substitutions), but to be fair, we were never at the races, never seemed to want it, never seemed to care enough.

I'm fuming and if it were me i'd fine Dykes for laughing, and then sack everyone. Christ, they get a fair wedge and do feck all to earn it.

And once again..... Toblerone football FFS, no one wanting to really do anything constructive (or maybe they dont know how), while Fleetwood tried and won. If Fleetwood left the pitch and we stayed on, we still wouldnt score, let alone win!

now i know what a bunch of feckers are, they are our (first?) team.
Nothing to give us hope, give us feeling, give us pleasure.

Holy crap on a cracker, something has to change, and right now, or we will go down, simples!

I am rightly fecked off! Tossers, the lot of them!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Road to Wembley thread on 20:07 - Jan 7 with 1765 viewsToast_R

Does Bacardi go off?
Road to Wembley thread on 20:14 - Jan 7 with 1693 viewsDorse

Road to Wembley thread on 20:07 - Jan 7 by Toast_R

Does Bacardi go off?

Best not risk it. Drink it all now.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Road to Wembley thread, yeah right RIP 2023 on 20:36 - Jan 7 with 1573 viewsDamo1962

Road to Wembley thread, yeah right RIP 2023 on 19:58 - Jan 7 by RangersDave

Just back.

Normally take 90 mins but i pulled over to compose myself.
And that hasnt worked 1 little bit.

What a sh1 t show that was, no one except maybe Seny, come out of that game with any credit.

Lucky first goal, then off to byby's for theirs...... they had 2 players completely unmarked on the left hand side, the rear one being Hayle (who played well), and our closest player was 20 yards away, and not once all game did we figure that out.

Yeah, they time wasted (only 5 mins ref, even after all the sit down protests by their players, plus time for all those substitutions), but to be fair, we were never at the races, never seemed to want it, never seemed to care enough.

I'm fuming and if it were me i'd fine Dykes for laughing, and then sack everyone. Christ, they get a fair wedge and do feck all to earn it.

And once again..... Toblerone football FFS, no one wanting to really do anything constructive (or maybe they dont know how), while Fleetwood tried and won. If Fleetwood left the pitch and we stayed on, we still wouldnt score, let alone win!

now i know what a bunch of feckers are, they are our (first?) team.
Nothing to give us hope, give us feeling, give us pleasure.

Holy crap on a cracker, something has to change, and right now, or we will go down, simples!

I am rightly fecked off! Tossers, the lot of them!

Your rage is palpable. You and the rest today, deserve at least some effort. Looks like L1, is beyond the abilities of a lot of these players.
Road to Wembley thread on 20:45 - Jan 7 with 1536 viewsToast_R

Road to Wembley thread on 20:14 - Jan 7 by Dorse

Best not risk it. Drink it all now.

My wife bought a bottle back from Calais in 1999. Never been opened until tonight, just because, felt like the right time.

Tastes fine, with ice, coke and a wedge of lime.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024