Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Road to Wembley thread 10:43 - Jan 3 with 52199 viewsRangersDave

Yup, gone early on this one, however.......

I'm not so sure Fleetwood will be a pushover, especially with our .... unfit, tired, ill, useless, out of contract soon, (delete as appropriate) players.

With that in mind, i'm going 1-2 to the Rangers with Fleetwood scoring first and very early in the match.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Road to Wembley thread on 10:21 - Jan 8 with 1905 viewsDixie_CT

Road to Wembley thread on 10:18 - Jan 8 by Northernr

Speaking of invalid arguments - we’ve won one of our last ten games, we’ve just lost four consecutive home matches for the first time since the 40s, we’ve scored what two (?) Loft End goals all season, we’ve failed to score at all in near half our games, we’ve just been beaten 3-0 at home by Luton. Only one of them was a cup game.

This post has been edited by an administrator

I would say, accept mediocrity, but this isn’t even that good.

Something has to change.
Road to Wembley thread on 10:31 - Jan 8 with 1854 viewsPinnerPaul

Road to Wembley thread on 17:28 - Jan 7 by BerkoRanger

Sadly, I've actually believed this "conspiracy" theory for a few years now. It would certainly explain things!

So every club who lost to a lower league club yesterday, did so deliberately?

That's a nonsense and Palace lost to a PL side!
Road to Wembley thread on 10:39 - Jan 8 with 1813 viewsted_hendrix

We have half hearted not very good players.
We have a newish Manager who must be thinking to himself Oh dear!
We have a decrepit stadium that will still be decrepit in 10 Years time.
We have the good fortune of being able to look at our neighbours and see how progress should and could be made.
We have a DOF apparently.
We haven't yet got the 50 maybe 52 points to stay In this league this season.
It's all we've got, won't ever change.
Get used to It.
I have.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Road to Wembley thread on 10:43 - Jan 8 with 1782 viewsDejR_vu

Speaking of invalid arguments - we’ve won one of our last ten games, we’ve just lost four consecutive home matches for the first time since the 40s, we’ve scored what two (?) Loft End goals all season, we’ve failed to score at all in near half our games, we’ve just been beaten 3-0 at home by Luton. Only one of them was a cup game.

All this just proves to me what a fantastic job Mark Warburton was doing. We conceded too many, yes, but we scored loads, good football in the main, won away from home regularly, regularly came from behind to win. Generally, not all the time, I accept, it was fun. All this despite everything. We were lucky, on many levels, to have him, but those egos at the club were too stupid to realise it. People talk about Curbishley moments, that was ours.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Road to Wembley thread on 10:51 - Jan 8 with 1733 viewsRangersw12

Road to Wembley thread on 23:29 - Jan 7 by Northernr

Just walked in the door, out at 6am this morning. Designated driver, so had to do the whole thing sober.

Three players acknowledged the away end at full time - dickie, dieng, dunne - and no others.

If I hear one more thing about how "oh you can't say they're not trying" or "at least we know these players care" then you can get to fck. We've got some proper lousy cnts in this team.

Shouldn't the manager be making the players go over to the fans ?

Win together and lose together bla bla
Road to Wembley thread on 10:53 - Jan 8 with 1721 viewsNortholt_Rs

Road to Wembley thread on 10:51 - Jan 8 by Rangersw12

Yes he should. 100%

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Road to Wembley thread on 11:01 - Jan 8 with 1680 viewsDejR_vu

Road to Wembley thread on 10:53 - Jan 8 by Northolt_Rs

Yes he should. 100%

Shouldn’t have to, if they had anything about them they would go over of their own volition. That said, when they skulk off towards the tunnel they should have been met with a forceful nudge in the direction of the supporters who’d wasted half their weekend and a ton of cash to support them so that they could spend three seconds giving them a half-hearted round of applause.

Road to Wembley thread on 11:02 - Jan 8 with 1667 viewsPinnerPaul

Road to Wembley thread on 10:43 - Jan 8 by DejR_vu

All this just proves to me what a fantastic job Mark Warburton was doing. We conceded too many, yes, but we scored loads, good football in the main, won away from home regularly, regularly came from behind to win. Generally, not all the time, I accept, it was fun. All this despite everything. We were lucky, on many levels, to have him, but those egos at the club were too stupid to realise it. People talk about Curbishley moments, that was ours.

BUT he had two terrible runs as well.

As Clive has said, all we had to do from Feb onwards was be the 17th best team in the league to make the play offs, we were 23rd.

Just like Beale he had good, bad and indifferent games.
Login to get fewer ads

Road to Wembley thread on 11:07 - Jan 8 with 1639 viewsDejR_vu

Road to Wembley thread on 11:02 - Jan 8 by PinnerPaul

BUT he had two terrible runs as well.

As Clive has said, all we had to do from Feb onwards was be the 17th best team in the league to make the play offs, we were 23rd.

Just like Beale he had good, bad and indifferent games.

Has anyone done better PP? Overall, did we improve? Progression isn’t linear

Road to Wembley thread on 11:17 - Jan 8 with 1568 viewsPinnerPaul

Road to Wembley thread on 11:07 - Jan 8 by DejR_vu

Recently over his time span - no - but then obviously MB and NC not done enough games to compare.

Get your point, but as many said at the time, IF he had been kept on and we HAD embarked/continued on the bad run through Aug/Sept he would be long gone now anyway and the usual DOF arguments would still be here!

How much of the reports of disharmony behind the scenes you believe determines if that was even possible or not though I guess?
Road to Wembley thread on 11:41 - Jan 8 with 1504 viewsslmrstid

Road to Wembley thread on 11:17 - Jan 8 by PinnerPaul

Recently over his time span - no - but then obviously MB and NC not done enough games to compare.

Get your point, but as many said at the time, IF he had been kept on and we HAD embarked/continued on the bad run through Aug/Sept he would be long gone now anyway and the usual DOF arguments would still be here!

How much of the reports of disharmony behind the scenes you believe determines if that was even possible or not though I guess?

The more I hear about disharmony within the management of the club last year the more I think it was a power battle between Mark Warburton and Les Ferdinand, which Les Ferdinand obviously won out on.

Was that the best thing for QPR FC though? I'm not so sure it was at the moment.

Losing to League One opposition again this year is unacceptable, or should be considered unacceptable, and if I was any of our players this morning I would be running the game, and recent form around in my head thinking "Am I good enough? How do I make sure I am good enough?" There should have been shame in that away dressing room yesterday.
Road to Wembley thread on 11:41 - Jan 8 with 1502 viewsdistortR

Road to Wembley thread on 10:51 - Jan 8 by Rangersw12

No, I think he's right not to - open our eyes to exactly what we've got here.
If I was Villa, I'd be recalling Tim. The bloke seems to have a propensity to half-arsedness anyway, being with this lot will not help his development.
Road to Wembley thread on 11:44 - Jan 8 with 1481 viewsDejR_vu

Road to Wembley thread on 11:41 - Jan 8 by slmrstid

The more I hear about disharmony within the management of the club last year the more I think it was a power battle between Mark Warburton and Les Ferdinand, which Les Ferdinand obviously won out on.

Was that the best thing for QPR FC though? I'm not so sure it was at the moment.

Losing to League One opposition again this year is unacceptable, or should be considered unacceptable, and if I was any of our players this morning I would be running the game, and recent form around in my head thinking "Am I good enough? How do I make sure I am good enough?" There should have been shame in that away dressing room yesterday.

Couldn’t agree more

Road to Wembley thread on 12:02 - Jan 8 with 1406 viewsHunterhoop

Road to Wembley thread on 11:07 - Jan 8 by DejR_vu

I think a very good case to be made to say Warburton left us in a worse state than he found us.

We’d only progressed from 16th to 11th. We had a higher wage bill. We had played loads of players in his last season who had to leave in the summer due to age, wage, or not being good enough anymore. The character failings of this side existed under him, and the real rot started under him. He had 3 years with the side, was backed financially repeatedly. You’re just stuck banging the same drum and are too stubborn to see another angle.

But anyway, I don’t think this is about managers. It’s about the players. It’s not like we have a squad who never try to perform. As many have said, they have shown they can. The issue is why they don’t regularly.

I fear the balance tipped further with the loanees this summer and Beale’s signings. Roberts I really would like to see the back of. I think he’s having a negative effect on others. I think Tim’s arrival has pissed off Amos and Dozzell and (unforgivably) they have stopped putting the effort in and want out. Johansen is never fit and even when he plays he doesn’t track back. Whether it’s because they have a deal lined up, or want out, Chair and Willock have stopped playing this last month. I think JCS and Balogun’s arrival has really pissed off Dickie (he said as much to someone at the airport at the start of the WC break I think). I imagine Dykes wants out because Chair doesn’t pass to him and no one ever bothers getting up to support him.

There are a load of factors and people who share blame for where we find ourselves with this squad (TF, Les, Warburton, Ramsey, Beale, Belk)…but the players are still professionals. The buck obviously stops with them. If they gave 100% regularly and lost, I’d be more inclined to blame Les, Belk and the managers. But they aren’t, so they deserve the bulk of the blame. To not do that is missing the point and just using every issue to further a predetermined narrative.
Road to Wembley thread on 12:22 - Jan 8 with 1337 viewshubble

Just want to add to the understandable torrent of doom, that I laughed out loud when when the admirably named Admiral Muskwe air-kicked when it would have been easier to score. A player like that, and they still beat us, easily.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Road to Wembley thread on 12:41 - Jan 8 with 1286 viewsBurnleyhoop

Road to Wembley thread on 18:35 - Jan 7 by queensparker

I like that interview. Good for him. No fkin about

He’s the only one to come out with any credit after that performance.

He knew and knows we are a soft touch and we have definitely known it since the collapse last season.

Probably not much he can do in this window, but a fair few of this squad, and we all know which ones, are now on borrowed time. I hope he has the balls to face up Les and Lee and tell them some home truths about some of these players and they back him to make the necessary changes.

I think Neil, like us, has seen more than enough of this type of performance.

Starting to like this manager, he seems the no nonsense type that won’t suffer fools or shy away from stating what the reality of the situation is.
Road to Wembley thread on 12:46 - Jan 8 with 1270 viewsDejR_vu

Road to Wembley thread on 12:02 - Jan 8 by Hunterhoop

I think a very good case to be made to say Warburton left us in a worse state than he found us.

We’d only progressed from 16th to 11th. We had a higher wage bill. We had played loads of players in his last season who had to leave in the summer due to age, wage, or not being good enough anymore. The character failings of this side existed under him, and the real rot started under him. He had 3 years with the side, was backed financially repeatedly. You’re just stuck banging the same drum and are too stubborn to see another angle.

But anyway, I don’t think this is about managers. It’s about the players. It’s not like we have a squad who never try to perform. As many have said, they have shown they can. The issue is why they don’t regularly.

I fear the balance tipped further with the loanees this summer and Beale’s signings. Roberts I really would like to see the back of. I think he’s having a negative effect on others. I think Tim’s arrival has pissed off Amos and Dozzell and (unforgivably) they have stopped putting the effort in and want out. Johansen is never fit and even when he plays he doesn’t track back. Whether it’s because they have a deal lined up, or want out, Chair and Willock have stopped playing this last month. I think JCS and Balogun’s arrival has really pissed off Dickie (he said as much to someone at the airport at the start of the WC break I think). I imagine Dykes wants out because Chair doesn’t pass to him and no one ever bothers getting up to support him.

There are a load of factors and people who share blame for where we find ourselves with this squad (TF, Les, Warburton, Ramsey, Beale, Belk)…but the players are still professionals. The buck obviously stops with them. If they gave 100% regularly and lost, I’d be more inclined to blame Les, Belk and the managers. But they aren’t, so they deserve the bulk of the blame. To not do that is missing the point and just using every issue to further a predetermined narrative.

Okay HH. One very much to be filed in the agree to disagree draw.

Road to Wembley thread on 12:47 - Jan 8 with 1266 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

'Form' in the Championship goes up and down like a yoyo.

Most of the teams are much of a muchness.
What decides the result on the day is a bit of luck, referee decisions for and against, a special piece of quality or a bad mistake unlikely to be repeated anytime soon.

When I read one of your entertaining reports I often get the impression we have played outstandingly well or badly, and things are therefore decidedly optimistic or we are doomed. Yet when I watch the next match there we are, the same team with the same positives and negatives doing the same things we did whether we were top of the table or 16th.

The way I look at it is that Beale destablised the club. We have to draw a line through that spell. This manager has won one, lost one and drawn two (league games). That's us. Midtable. We had our good moments. Willock and Chair scoring worldies. At one point Willock had six goals off 0.5xg or something ridiculous. Unsustainable.

I don't deny that we could do with a better striker than Dykes. Willock and Chair will get back to scoring soon enough.
Road to Wembley thread on 12:51 - Jan 8 with 1241 viewstraininvain

Road to Wembley thread on 12:46 - Jan 8 by DejR_vu

Okay HH. One very much to be filed in the agree to disagree draw.

Particularly as it completely ignores that Warburton took the club from 16th to 11th despite losing Eze in the process. Granted the club made a few signings after Eze left but I’m sure Warburton would’ve preferred to keep him.

But I do think there’s a fair argument that Warburton should’ve done better the season we had Eze, Wells and Hugill. So it’s swings and roundabouts.
Road to Wembley thread on 13:19 - Jan 8 with 1182 viewsDannyPaddox

If I can just take this moment to say a big thank you to the National Union of Rail, Maritime and Transport Workers who if not for their industrial action yesterday would’ve caused me to be in Fleetwood, Lancashire at 3pm yesterday. Respect to all those that did attend 🙏🏼
Road to Wembley thread on 13:27 - Jan 8 with 1159 viewsDejR_vu

Road to Wembley thread on 12:51 - Jan 8 by traininvain

Particularly as it completely ignores that Warburton took the club from 16th to 11th despite losing Eze in the process. Granted the club made a few signings after Eze left but I’m sure Warburton would’ve preferred to keep him.

But I do think there’s a fair argument that Warburton should’ve done better the season we had Eze, Wells and Hugill. So it’s swings and roundabouts.

And also the fact that we finished 9th the year before and 13th in his first season. You could argue that we went backwards last year, and based upon league position we did but, over the three years I can’t see how anyone can believe that he left us in a worse position than he inherited. Everyone’s entitled to an an opinion though and by definition, they’re just opinions!

Road to Wembley thread on 13:47 - Jan 8 with 1115 viewsstanistheman

Road to Wembley thread on 00:03 - Jan 8 by thame_hoops

Im just watching match of the day, and I do feel sorry for Wolverhampton. What an absolute mess the VAR made of that

It was at Anfield so what else could we expect the officials to do?

Liverpool bias as is often the case.
Road to Wembley thread on 14:04 - Jan 8 with 1081 viewsdavman

Road to Wembley thread on 10:43 - Jan 8 by DejR_vu

... and it appears as though the root cause of him not getting a renewal was because he dared to observe that our kids are not good enough. The others in our football management team think that they ARE good enough.

Pretty clear who was right.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Road to Wembley thread on 14:38 - Jan 8 with 1002 viewsaston_hoop

Road to Wembley thread on 21:23 - Jan 7 by distortR

Iroegbunam was one of the most half-arsed players in the first half against Burnley, and didn't do much more against Luton. What makes you think he'd have given a flying one today?

Edit - not having a go at you, Aston.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2023 21:25]

I really don't think he was that bad, certainly not deliberately anyway. He's young and still in his first 20 senior games. We've seen when he does get it together how much better he is than anyone else in the middle of the park for us apart from Field.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Road to Wembley thread on 14:53 - Jan 8 with 957 viewsDamo1962

Road to Wembley thread on 14:38 - Jan 8 by aston_hoop

I really don't think he was that bad, certainly not deliberately anyway. He's young and still in his first 20 senior games. We've seen when he does get it together how much better he is than anyone else in the middle of the park for us apart from Field.

Much as Field is one who gives it all, he is limited. Not a very high bench mark TBH. If Johansson could ever get fit, he is the type of player Iro should be trying to emulate.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024