Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Road to Wembley thread 10:43 - Jan 3 with 52211 viewsRangersDave

Yup, gone early on this one, however.......

I'm not so sure Fleetwood will be a pushover, especially with our .... unfit, tired, ill, useless, out of contract soon, (delete as appropriate) players.

With that in mind, i'm going 1-2 to the Rangers with Fleetwood scoring first and very early in the match.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Road to Wembley thread on 15:43 - Jan 8 with 2508 viewsNorthernr

Road to Wembley thread on 12:47 - Jan 8 by Spaghetti_Hoops

'Form' in the Championship goes up and down like a yoyo.

Most of the teams are much of a muchness.
What decides the result on the day is a bit of luck, referee decisions for and against, a special piece of quality or a bad mistake unlikely to be repeated anytime soon.

When I read one of your entertaining reports I often get the impression we have played outstandingly well or badly, and things are therefore decidedly optimistic or we are doomed. Yet when I watch the next match there we are, the same team with the same positives and negatives doing the same things we did whether we were top of the table or 16th.

The way I look at it is that Beale destablised the club. We have to draw a line through that spell. This manager has won one, lost one and drawn two (league games). That's us. Midtable. We had our good moments. Willock and Chair scoring worldies. At one point Willock had six goals off 0.5xg or something ridiculous. Unsustainable.

I don't deny that we could do with a better striker than Dykes. Willock and Chair will get back to scoring soon enough.

Manager doesn’t seem to agree with you this weekend.
Road to Wembley thread on 15:55 - Jan 8 with 2415 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Road to Wembley thread on 15:43 - Jan 8 by Northernr

They all do say the same things after a cup defeat. What can they say?
Road to Wembley thread on 16:07 - Jan 8 with 2378 viewsNorthernr

Road to Wembley thread on 15:55 - Jan 8 by Spaghetti_Hoops

They all do say the same things after a cup defeat. What can they say?

There we go again, back to “it’s only the cup”. Unless I’ve been going to different league games just lately, no it isn’t.
Road to Wembley thread on 17:34 - Jan 8 with 2228 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Road to Wembley thread on 16:07 - Jan 8 by Northernr

There we go again, back to “it’s only the cup”. Unless I’ve been going to different league games just lately, no it isn’t.

I think the manager said that his priority was getting the defence sorted. Which worked against PNE and Cardiff, and very nearly worked against Sheff Utd.

So as far as the league is concerned your moaning mainly comes down to the Luton game. Morris could try all year and not repeat that sweet strike through the legs into the corner. Of course the first goal is often crucial as it was in this game. From what I saw of the game it wasn't anything like the horror show some now portray it. QPR 68-32% possession, 8-6 shots, 6-0 corners, 10-20 fouls, 1.37-0.97 Xg.
Luton had a lucky day, got their tails up and made us look poor. Dykes misses two excellent chances. Very frustrating but not a reason to think any less of us.
Road to Wembley thread on 17:42 - Jan 8 with 2194 viewsNortholt_Rs

Road to Wembley thread on 17:34 - Jan 8 by Spaghetti_Hoops

I think the manager said that his priority was getting the defence sorted. Which worked against PNE and Cardiff, and very nearly worked against Sheff Utd.

So as far as the league is concerned your moaning mainly comes down to the Luton game. Morris could try all year and not repeat that sweet strike through the legs into the corner. Of course the first goal is often crucial as it was in this game. From what I saw of the game it wasn't anything like the horror show some now portray it. QPR 68-32% possession, 8-6 shots, 6-0 corners, 10-20 fouls, 1.37-0.97 Xg.
Luton had a lucky day, got their tails up and made us look poor. Dykes misses two excellent chances. Very frustrating but not a reason to think any less of us.

You need to actually go to a game to see just how gutless this lot can be when the going gets tough. They are spineless the lot of them. No bollox in this team. None.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Road to Wembley thread on 17:47 - Jan 8 with 2154 viewsAshteadR

Hi Clive. You’ve mentioned in other threads the fallout at the back end of last season with Warburton. Are you able to share what actually happened, or would that betray confidences. Either way, do you think this is still having a direct or indirect impact on what’s going on now.
Road to Wembley thread on 17:51 - Jan 8 with 2135 viewsNorthernr

It didn't work against Cardiff at all. Cardiff are fcking terrible, they're one of the worst teams in this league, a team we'd annihilated just two months prior. We didn't test their goalkeeper once, and they missed two chances you and I would have scored. It was a desperately poor game of football. Cardiff was no kind of success story, it was fcking terrible. We've had one good half against Preston, and a very reasonable try against Sheff Utd, in two months.

You think this is all acceptable, fine, good for you, I fcking don't.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Road to Wembley thread on 17:54 - Jan 8 with 2105 viewsRangersw12

Road to Wembley thread on 17:47 - Jan 8 by AshteadR

Hi Clive. You’ve mentioned in other threads the fallout at the back end of last season with Warburton. Are you able to share what actually happened, or would that betray confidences. Either way, do you think this is still having a direct or indirect impact on what’s going on now.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/behind-the-scenes-tensions-meant-warburton-w

WLS did this article after his departure which sheds some light on what went on
Login to get fewer ads

Road to Wembley thread on 18:08 - Jan 8 with 2053 viewsDejR_vu

Road to Wembley thread on 17:54 - Jan 8 by Rangersw12

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/behind-the-scenes-tensions-meant-warburton-w

".....................in order to weather the storm brewing as a result of his negative judgement of the set-up Ferdinand, Tony Fernandes and technical director Chris Ramsey have been so keen to extol the virtues of."

And there, in a nutshell, is the problem.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2023 18:09]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Road to Wembley thread on 18:18 - Jan 8 with 2000 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Road to Wembley thread on 17:42 - Jan 8 by Northolt_Rs

You need to actually go to a game to see just how gutless this lot can be when the going gets tough. They are spineless the lot of them. No bollox in this team. None.

They are inconsistent. Teams can look gutless when they lose confidence and concentration. To me they are just professional sportsmen doing a job of work. They have good days and they have bad days.
Road to Wembley thread on 18:29 - Jan 8 with 1956 viewsBushRanger82

I am so fed up to the back teeth with this annual shitfest, I have decided that when we play Swansea on the 21st, I will not clap and cheer those shameless buggers on to the field.
If everybody did that, then those overpaid prima donnas would not be able to ignore the angry silence they walk out to.
Road to Wembley thread on 18:31 - Jan 8 with 1945 viewsnoauthority

Spot on re. the Luton game. Very similar to Sheffield match bar the result.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2023 18:31]
Road to Wembley thread on 18:33 - Jan 8 with 1917 viewsnoauthority

Road to Wembley thread on 12:47 - Jan 8 by Spaghetti_Hoops

'Form' in the Championship goes up and down like a yoyo.

Most of the teams are much of a muchness.
What decides the result on the day is a bit of luck, referee decisions for and against, a special piece of quality or a bad mistake unlikely to be repeated anytime soon.

When I read one of your entertaining reports I often get the impression we have played outstandingly well or badly, and things are therefore decidedly optimistic or we are doomed. Yet when I watch the next match there we are, the same team with the same positives and negatives doing the same things we did whether we were top of the table or 16th.

The way I look at it is that Beale destablised the club. We have to draw a line through that spell. This manager has won one, lost one and drawn two (league games). That's us. Midtable. We had our good moments. Willock and Chair scoring worldies. At one point Willock had six goals off 0.5xg or something ridiculous. Unsustainable.

I don't deny that we could do with a better striker than Dykes. Willock and Chair will get back to scoring soon enough.

Excellent post. Not to say there aren't any problems.
Road to Wembley thread on 18:36 - Jan 8 with 1910 viewsnoauthority

Road to Wembley thread on 15:43 - Jan 8 by Northernr

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority
Road to Wembley thread on 18:43 - Jan 8 with 1887 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Road to Wembley thread on 17:51 - Jan 8 by Northernr

It didn't work against Cardiff at all. Cardiff are fcking terrible, they're one of the worst teams in this league, a team we'd annihilated just two months prior. We didn't test their goalkeeper once, and they missed two chances you and I would have scored. It was a desperately poor game of football. Cardiff was no kind of success story, it was fcking terrible. We've had one good half against Preston, and a very reasonable try against Sheff Utd, in two months.

You think this is all acceptable, fine, good for you, I fcking don't.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Cardiff's best chances were a 40% chance and a 14% (Infogol) which luckily for us both fell to Etete. These days I wouldn't even be confident of a 99%er like Bobby Zamora's walk one into the net v Middlesboro.
The Cardiff game was awful but if Cardiff continue that way they'll stay up.

The thing is it's best not to judge us on when we play well, or when the opposition are rubbish. That way expectation, frustration and madness lies.
Road to Wembley thread on 18:45 - Jan 8 with 1882 viewsRangers67

As far as I can see Northern is spot on. As you say these are sportsmen doing a job of work , well if we all did our jobs this badly we wouldn’t,t be employed for long !
Road to Wembley thread on 19:38 - Jan 8 with 1782 viewsAshteadR

Thanks
Road to Wembley thread on 15:45 - Jan 9 with 1528 viewsPinnerPaul

no no no.

It is not bad luck that the Luton player has half the pitch to run into, its not bad luck that the one striker on the edge of the area is unmarked, that Laird doesn't get there quick enough, Tim doesn't even try to. They had a perfectly executed over head kick before that that was lucky it went straight to Seny.

Same forward who scored the first is left unmarked after a poor defensive header for the 2nd and Tim watches the player play a one-two and run past him before the worldy.

Dykes chance - hit the post, worldy save, unlucky maybe but even Andy Sinton said he 'has to score"

Of course we have been unlucky in some games, but I'm with Clive on this one, Luton was not in any shape or form 'unlucky'
Road to Wembley thread on 15:47 - Jan 9 with 1513 viewsPinnerPaul

Road to Wembley thread on 18:31 - Jan 8 by noauthority

Spot on re. the Luton game. Very similar to Sheffield match bar the result.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2023 18:31]

I'm staggered you think that.

We ran, we fought, we tackled, we fouled, we won 1st ball, we won 2nd ball - all that happened in only one of those matches!
Road to Wembley thread on 09:33 - Jan 10 with 1389 viewstoboboly

Road to Wembley thread on 19:15 - Jan 6 by toboboly

We normally don't get to see a big team

Having found no-one willing to drive I am on the fan coach that leaves LR at 7am.

I presume it will be 7 hours each way.

I presume it will be freezing in Fleetwood.

I presume we will suffer a last minute loss or an insipid 0-0 to lose the replay.

I presume I will have missed the last train/tube/bus home and perish in the cold somewhere around Finsbury Park as I attempt to walk home.

So it turns out I was on the right lines, no d!ck waving but got up at 5am and got back home at 11:50pm.

We were crap

The weather was fairly warm for what I was expecting

The Fleetwood people I spoke to were, to a man, lovely

The coach is like Dante's descent to hell

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Road to Wembley thread on 14:01 - Jan 10 with 1226 viewsPunteR

That article seems a decent summing up of what went on , and by all accounts pretty accurate.

I think Ferdinand is trying to do the right thing with the academy but the whole thing seems a bit superficial. The reality is they are not producing players fit for championship level and seems a bit daft to insist on these players getting 1st team games. Warburton, Beale and now Critchley have all pretty much concluded the players aren't good enough.
Anyway... onto manager seven under Ferdinands watch.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Road to Wembley thread on 14:31 - Jan 10 with 1163 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Road to Wembley thread on 14:01 - Jan 10 by PunteR

That article seems a decent summing up of what went on , and by all accounts pretty accurate.

I think Ferdinand is trying to do the right thing with the academy but the whole thing seems a bit superficial. The reality is they are not producing players fit for championship level and seems a bit daft to insist on these players getting 1st team games. Warburton, Beale and now Critchley have all pretty much concluded the players aren't good enough.
Anyway... onto manager seven under Ferdinands watch.

Will repeat my reservations about this article - no quotes, so it's hearsay, rumour and opinion, which is poor journalism from a usually reliable source.

Some of it may be true, but some of it has already been contradicted, so I'd worry about it as a piece.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Road to Wembley thread on 14:41 - Jan 10 with 1125 viewsR_from_afar

Road to Wembley thread on 09:33 - Jan 10 by toboboly

So it turns out I was on the right lines, no d!ck waving but got up at 5am and got back home at 11:50pm.

We were crap

Good on you for going, that was a mission few would choose to accept given a) our current form and b) our inglorious recent history in the cups.

"The coach is like Dante's descent to hell": I'm intrigued, come on, give us more detail, this sounds fascinating.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Road to Wembley thread on 14:52 - Jan 10 with 1089 viewsDannyPaddox

Road to Wembley thread on 09:33 - Jan 10 by toboboly

We were crap

Last time I took the official coach was a balmy afternoon/ evening in April 2011 to Barnsley. First announcement - no alcohol allowed - fair enough those are the rules tho I was packing a very discreet hip-flask. Then, as if a 4-5 coach trip to South Yorkshire is not an endurance test enough, we’re treated to an Adam Sandler film - jfc! - however I’d brought headphones and an iPod so no problem there. But just when I thought I was sorted a face turns round and peers at me from the seat in front - eyes glinting like Nicholson in One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest … QPRXTC !!! I’ve never travelled on a coach of any description since.
Road to Wembley thread on 15:11 - Jan 10 with 1039 viewstoboboly

Road to Wembley thread on 14:41 - Jan 10 by R_from_afar

Good on you for going, that was a mission few would choose to accept given a) our current form and b) our inglorious recent history in the cups.

"The coach is like Dante's descent to hell": I'm intrigued, come on, give us more detail, this sounds fascinating.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024