Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Road to Wembley thread 10:43 - Jan 3 with 51668 viewsRangersDave

Yup, gone early on this one, however.......

I'm not so sure Fleetwood will be a pushover, especially with our .... unfit, tired, ill, useless, out of contract soon, (delete as appropriate) players.

With that in mind, i'm going 1-2 to the Rangers with Fleetwood scoring first and very early in the match.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Road to Wembley thread on 15:19 - Jan 10 with 1359 viewsdenhamhoop2

Road to Wembley thread on 17:42 - Jan 8 by Northolt_Rs

You need to actually go to a game to see just how gutless this lot can be when the going gets tough. They are spineless the lot of them. No bollox in this team. None.

Another reason we badly miss JoJo as he hates losing and will do whatever is in his power legal or illegal to ensure this is the case. Get in the refs face hack people down on the counter body check at corners way too nice a team . When things are going well some very good footballers but when the going gets tough they disappear who amongst them would you want next you in the Trenches Dunne maybe Kakay possibly character is one of the great intangibles there is no measurement for it but we all can name former R's who were the literal embodiment of it Mackie Hill Ball Faurlin Holloway Shittu and Furlong. Every single one of them had a period where either not good enough technically too old too many injuries but they battled through it by being an actual PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALLER turn up day in day out put a shift in. I always believe those who train like they play will have better careers than those who think they can just switch it on and off on match days.
Road to Wembley thread on 15:37 - Jan 10 with 1317 viewsTheChef

Road to Wembley thread on 14:52 - Jan 10 by DannyPaddox

Last time I took the official coach was a balmy afternoon/ evening in April 2011 to Barnsley. First announcement - no alcohol allowed - fair enough those are the rules tho I was packing a very discreet hip-flask. Then, as if a 4-5 coach trip to South Yorkshire is not an endurance test enough, we’re treated to an Adam Sandler film - jfc! - however I’d brought headphones and an iPod so no problem there. But just when I thought I was sorted a face turns round and peers at me from the seat in front - eyes glinting like Nicholson in One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest … QPRXTC !!! I’ve never travelled on a coach of any description since.

One of my favourite away games ever.

A real blood and guts three points that was. After that, I was convinced we were going up.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Road to Wembley thread on 17:05 - Jan 10 with 1195 viewsnoauthority

Road to Wembley thread on 15:47 - Jan 9 by PinnerPaul

I'm staggered you think that.

We ran, we fought, we tackled, we fouled, we won 1st ball, we won 2nd ball - all that happened in only one of those matches!

In the first half against Sheffield we were pressing more upfield than in the Luton game. Second half against Sheffield we hung on and with so many panic clearances straight back to them it was inevitable they would equalise.

Consider how you would think of the Luton game if a. Dykes took his chances b. Chair pulled the ball back to Roberts to score in the first half and c. Luton didn't take their chances....

Yes, the results were different. No, the performances were not as far apart as you think.

It's all too easy to view a game with too much subjective weighting when the result is good or bad.
Road to Wembley thread on 17:07 - Jan 10 with 1190 viewsnoauthority

Road to Wembley thread on 15:45 - Jan 9 by PinnerPaul

no no no.

It is not bad luck that the Luton player has half the pitch to run into, its not bad luck that the one striker on the edge of the area is unmarked, that Laird doesn't get there quick enough, Tim doesn't even try to. They had a perfectly executed over head kick before that that was lucky it went straight to Seny.

Same forward who scored the first is left unmarked after a poor defensive header for the 2nd and Tim watches the player play a one-two and run past him before the worldy.

Dykes chance - hit the post, worldy save, unlucky maybe but even Andy Sinton said he 'has to score"

Of course we have been unlucky in some games, but I'm with Clive on this one, Luton was not in any shape or form 'unlucky'

Most goals are as a result of poor marking or not getting to the ball quick enough etc... not to say we ought to try and avoid such!

Dykes should have scored, of course, another day he may have... though being Dykes he'd have missed!
Road to Wembley thread on 17:35 - Jan 10 with 1131 viewsR_from_afar

Road to Wembley thread on 15:11 - Jan 10 by toboboly

A bit like this, eh?

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Road to Wembley thread on 18:23 - Jan 10 with 1076 viewsPunteR

Road to Wembley thread on 14:31 - Jan 10 by BrianMcCarthy

Will repeat my reservations about this article - no quotes, so it's hearsay, rumour and opinion, which is poor journalism from a usually reliable source.

Some of it may be true, but some of it has already been contradicted, so I'd worry about it as a piece.

Which part has been contradicted?

I don't think history has been rewritten here. From all the things I've read or heard on a couple of podcasts it kind of adds up.
There's probably a lot more that's gone on that hasn't been written in the article.

It doesnt look good for Les Ferdinand or the clubs owners but they are accountable.

I think the academy idea is a good thing and we should continue to pursue that but you cant fast track that agenda onto a manager if its not up to standard just so it makes us look like we're doing the right thing to the big bosses.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Road to Wembley thread on 22:27 - Jan 10 with 961 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Road to Wembley thread on 18:23 - Jan 10 by PunteR

Which part has been contradicted?

I don't think history has been rewritten here. From all the things I've read or heard on a couple of podcasts it kind of adds up.
There's probably a lot more that's gone on that hasn't been written in the article.

It doesnt look good for Les Ferdinand or the clubs owners but they are accountable.

I think the academy idea is a good thing and we should continue to pursue that but you cant fast track that agenda onto a manager if its not up to standard just so it makes us look like we're doing the right thing to the big bosses.

Off the top of my head, crediting Warburton and Banfield with finding Willock is one. That has been contradicted, with recent reports saying that he was a Belk find.

It's all just conjecture, though, and conjecture worries me always. Similarly, I've heard lots of stuff that isn't in the article (as I'm sure we all have - it's a small club), but I wouldn't post it on here as I can't prove it, and it would be irresponsible to do that.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Road to Wembley thread on 22:52 - Jan 10 with 906 viewsLblock

Road to Wembley thread on 22:27 - Jan 10 by BrianMcCarthy

Off the top of my head, crediting Warburton and Banfield with finding Willock is one. That has been contradicted, with recent reports saying that he was a Belk find.

It's all just conjecture, though, and conjecture worries me always. Similarly, I've heard lots of stuff that isn't in the article (as I'm sure we all have - it's a small club), but I wouldn't post it on here as I can't prove it, and it would be irresponsible to do that.

Brian McCarthy posts stuff he's heard on internet - CTN

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

Road to Wembley thread on 23:10 - Jan 10 with 885 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Road to Wembley thread on 22:52 - Jan 10 by Lblock

Brian McCarthy posts stuff he's heard on internet - CTN

My delivery will improve once JojO returns from injury.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Road to Wembley thread on 04:48 - Jan 11 with 814 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Road to Wembley thread on 11:41 - Jan 8 by slmrstid

The more I hear about disharmony within the management of the club last year the more I think it was a power battle between Mark Warburton and Les Ferdinand, which Les Ferdinand obviously won out on.

Was that the best thing for QPR FC though? I'm not so sure it was at the moment.

Losing to League One opposition again this year is unacceptable, or should be considered unacceptable, and if I was any of our players this morning I would be running the game, and recent form around in my head thinking "Am I good enough? How do I make sure I am good enough?" There should have been shame in that away dressing room yesterday.

We've lost to lower table League One opposition in the first round we have played in both competitions; for a club that pleads poverty, that's simply not good enough.

I thought Critchley's team selection was wrong but that's probably because I've seen more of those players than him; there was an inevitability about playing the back-up players because they've repeatedly failed to produce, even against supposedly weaker opposition.

However, the performance set a new low. To take the lead and then immediately let them back into the game in that manner summed it up. Then there was the considerable period of time after their second, when we couldn't even create an opening to equalise. Like you say, that's when you expect someone to step up to at least make their keeper save a shot but it just petered out, not with a bang, but a whimper.
Road to Wembley thread on 16:34 - Jan 11 with 621 viewsPinnerPaul

Road to Wembley thread on 17:05 - Jan 10 by noauthority

In the first half against Sheffield we were pressing more upfield than in the Luton game. Second half against Sheffield we hung on and with so many panic clearances straight back to them it was inevitable they would equalise.

Consider how you would think of the Luton game if a. Dykes took his chances b. Chair pulled the ball back to Roberts to score in the first half and c. Luton didn't take their chances....

Yes, the results were different. No, the performances were not as far apart as you think.

It's all too easy to view a game with too much subjective weighting when the result is good or bad.

Going to have to go on the agree to disagree pile I think.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024