Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Road to Wembley thread 10:43 - Jan 3 with 52348 viewsRangersDave

Yup, gone early on this one, however.......

I'm not so sure Fleetwood will be a pushover, especially with our .... unfit, tired, ill, useless, out of contract soon, (delete as appropriate) players.

With that in mind, i'm going 1-2 to the Rangers with Fleetwood scoring first and very early in the match.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Road to Wembley thread on 08:54 - Jan 5 with 3109 viewsDixie_CT

Will the game be available to stream?
Road to Wembley thread on 10:45 - Jan 5 with 3037 viewsdmm

Road to Wembley thread on 08:54 - Jan 5 by Dixie_CT

Will the game be available to stream?

Audio only on QPR+. It won't be a Sky game and BBC/ITV are covering different games. That leaves a dodgy stream as the only option and I've no idea anymore about those.
Road to Wembley thread on 11:45 - Jan 5 with 2965 viewsRangersDave

Thinking a fast runner each side could cut Fleetwood apart, dykes though the middle to get onto the crossed ball.

However i fear......run up to their quarter, stop, across, across, back, across, across, stop, forward a bit, across, stop, back to keeper........ repeat as required. Toblerone footy at its best!

Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Road to Wembley thread on 11:51 - Jan 5 with 2956 viewsDieByYourSide

Road to Wembley thread on 19:54 - Jan 3 by RangersDave

plus the filthy lucre if (sorry, when) we beat Fleetwood for just beating them, then it goes thus.....

Third Round proper winners £105,000.
Fourth Round proper winners £120,000.
Fifth Round proper winners £225,000.
Quarter-Final winners £450,000.
Semi-Final winners £1,000,000.
Semi-Final losers £500,000.
Final losers £1,000,000.
Final winners £2,000,000.

Half a million quid if we can win three games, plus gate receipts. Pays for Taylor Richards. Surely the board should be making progression a strong priority, given our much-publicised financial position. Draw dependent, of course.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2023 11:52]

Poll: And it's hi ho

Road to Wembley thread on 12:13 - Jan 5 with 2909 viewsdaveB

We jump out of this at the first opportunity most years and never actually helps us in the league. Charlton about to have a cup quarter final, a nice pay day for them whilst we went out in the first round after starting Bonne and Thomas.

We need to be not worrying about the next round or if it means we'll have a busy week at some point just go out play your best team and win a game of football. Losing again does nothing for confidence or morale, get Willock back into a bit of form, attack the game and win.

Of course I fully expect the opposite and a standard 3rd round exit
Road to Wembley thread on 14:08 - Jan 5 with 2831 viewsDannyPaddox

It’s all well and good posting hopes of us winning on Saturday but please guard yourself against churlishness. Remember we have a record in the 3rd Round of the FA Cup. And it’s taken us years to achieve it. Do we really want to throw that all away?
Road to Wembley thread on 14:21 - Jan 5 with 2803 viewsDixie_CT

Road to Wembley thread on 10:45 - Jan 5 by dmm

Audio only on QPR+. It won't be a Sky game and BBC/ITV are covering different games. That leaves a dodgy stream as the only option and I've no idea anymore about those.

Cheers Dmm.

Dodgy stream it is! Am sure the global markets can’t wait to view this festival of football and there will be an abundance of options!
Road to Wembley thread on 14:34 - Jan 5 with 2754 viewshubble

It's a potential headline writer's tragedy that we've released Bonne. This would have been the perfect scenario to chuck him into the fray, get the winner, and live forever with the moniker 'Fleetwood Mac'.

But sadly, it is not to be. Possibly 'Fleetwood cack' will be be used instead, on here, twitter, and across the QPuniveRse, should we pathetically capitulate in a Vauxhall Motors stylee...

However, I'm predicting the Critch will take this seriously, and a solid 0-2 to the Rangers.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Login to get fewer ads

Road to Wembley thread on 15:03 - Jan 5 with 2719 viewsPinnerPaul

3/1 Fleetwood for the pessimists/realists
Road to Wembley thread on 08:38 - Jan 6 with 2558 viewsRangersDave

Well this just turned to crap quickly.

The weather forecast for Fleetwood tomorrow is horrid...

90% chance of heavy rain
85% Humidity
21 Mph wind

Will men from London turn up, or soft southerners? i'm now nervous about this one.
Thermals out and waiting for our 'big day'.

Road to Wembley thread on 09:43 - Jan 6 with 2495 viewsTheChef

Road to Wembley thread on 08:38 - Jan 6 by RangersDave

Well this just turned to crap quickly.

The weather forecast for Fleetwood tomorrow is horrid...

90% chance of heavy rain
85% Humidity
21 Mph wind

Will men from London turn up, or soft southerners? i'm now nervous about this one.
Thermals out and waiting for our 'big day'.

How about that humidity?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Road to Wembley thread on 11:24 - Jan 6 with 2434 viewsDixie_CT

Fleetwood home record is 22 out of 24 in League One this season.

p11 w2 d5 l4 gf10 ga10 gd 0 pts 11

Just the sort of record we like to help out!
Road to Wembley thread on 17:39 - Jan 6 with 2342 viewsterryb

Road to Wembley thread on 05:56 - Jan 5 by BushRanger82

We have one of, if not the poorest, record of 3rd round exits in the FA Cup, of all four English leagues.
Losing out to lower league opposition, home or away, it matters not where, is expected now by most fans.
Indeed, some fans even positively encourage this very low standard we've set ourselves.

I believe we are clear in pole position now!

To look at it in a different way, it shows that we've been in the third round a lot of times! We didn't reach it in the three seasons we were in the division below this century, losing in the first round each time.

Plymouth followed our fine example this year & lost at rthe first hurdle.
Road to Wembley thread on 17:52 - Jan 6 with 2322 viewsNushnool

Road to Wembley thread on 12:13 - Jan 5 by daveB

We jump out of this at the first opportunity most years and never actually helps us in the league. Charlton about to have a cup quarter final, a nice pay day for them whilst we went out in the first round after starting Bonne and Thomas.

We need to be not worrying about the next round or if it means we'll have a busy week at some point just go out play your best team and win a game of football. Losing again does nothing for confidence or morale, get Willock back into a bit of form, attack the game and win.

Of course I fully expect the opposite and a standard 3rd round exit

Agreed. Play our best team, don’t rest even a single player. If we play a weakened team and lose, I can’t imagine that that would save our first XI from the low morale effect of being knocked out.

Let the first XI earn that low morale themselves! ;)
Road to Wembley thread on 17:56 - Jan 6 with 2313 viewsSeward

Where is everyone drinking pre match in Fleetwood tomorrow?
Road to Wembley thread on 19:05 - Jan 6 with 2253 viewsBoston

Road to Wembley thread on 17:56 - Jan 6 by Seward

Where is everyone drinking pre match in Fleetwood tomorrow?

Never done it as I've not been to Fleetwood, but is it worth using a pub in Blackpool and 'tramming' it up the coast? But, as I type, I've no idea where the stadium is, where the tram stops in Fleetwood, how long the journey is etc etc etc.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Road to Wembley thread on 19:15 - Jan 6 with 2229 viewstoboboly

Road to Wembley thread on 20:42 - Jan 3 by PlanetHonneywood

Each year I’m left annoyed by seeing plucky upstarts knocking out big teams. In fact most of the small teams really go for it, and put in stellar performances. Never us, never us beating a big team.

I guess Saturday all depends on how many first teamers Fleetwood leave out.

We normally don't get to see a big team

Having found no-one willing to drive I am on the fan coach that leaves LR at 7am.

I presume it will be 7 hours each way.

I presume it will be freezing in Fleetwood.

I presume we will suffer a last minute loss or an insipid 0-0 to lose the replay.

I presume I will have missed the last train/tube/bus home and perish in the cold somewhere around Finsbury Park as I attempt to walk home.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Road to Wembley thread on 19:18 - Jan 6 with 2231 viewsRangersDave

tram goes to within 250 yards of the ground,

Kendal Ave seems good for free parking and theres a tram stop right there (Rossal Beach)
That can take you to the ground., get off at Stanley Road, or Lindel Road which are both the closest tram stops to the ground.

However, looking on google earth there seems to be enough free parking on street, just far enough away to help a quick exit

Road to Wembley thread on 19:30 - Jan 6 with 2212 viewsBoston

Fleetwood 0 Queens Park Rangers 2

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Road to Wembley thread on 19:37 - Jan 6 with 2209 viewsCateLeBonR

Jimmy Dunne was mentioned in the preview. Aside from our Joey and Clint Hill the only other player links I've found are Tom Hitchcock and blast from the past Dean Marney. Tommy Spurr was a nearly ran!
[Post edited 6 Jan 2023 19:38]
Road to Wembley thread on 19:58 - Jan 6 with 2172 viewsRanger_Things

3-0 Fleetwood and them to draw Chels*** in the next round, because we are not allowed nice things.
Road to Wembley thread on 20:30 - Jan 6 with 2154 viewsToast_R

Watching Man Utd v Fat Frank's Everton Blues, De Gare has let in a goal you'd see down the local Little league. Quite bizarre. Everton look totally dross at the back.

I got a little excited at ITV's intro to their FA cup coverage which was all filmed down the road from where I live at Molesey FC and feature some rather trendy drone footage of the surrounding area and stadium
Marvellous. Too bad the club has gone to sh*t recently.
Road to Wembley thread on 20:54 - Jan 6 with 2115 viewsManinBlack

Road to Wembley thread on 20:30 - Jan 6 by Toast_R

Watching Man Utd v Fat Frank's Everton Blues, De Gare has let in a goal you'd see down the local Little league. Quite bizarre. Everton look totally dross at the back.

I got a little excited at ITV's intro to their FA cup coverage which was all filmed down the road from where I live at Molesey FC and feature some rather trendy drone footage of the surrounding area and stadium
Marvellous. Too bad the club has gone to sh*t recently.

Yes very weird by De Gea. He could have caught the ball but decided to hold onto the post and use his feet but what he was trying to do was mysterious? Has he a bet on?
Road to Wembley thread on 22:50 - Jan 6 with 2001 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Very jealous of those making the trip tomorrow.

New ground, cup, Northern ale, jumpers for goalposts, isn't it?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Road to Wembley thread on 22:52 - Jan 6 with 1998 viewsaston_hoop

https://www.fleetwoodtownfc.com/news/2023/january/jims-bar-opening-for-qpr-cup-c

£2.50 for a pint! Didn't realise you could still get a beer for that price in England

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024