Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loftus Road. 10:21 - Jan 22 with 37237 viewsEsox_Lucius

IF, and it's a big if. the club were forced away from H&F to build a stadium which could provide income 360+ days a years to generate the revenue to make us competitive as a team again would you be for or against it. Yes or No will suffice, there's no need for comments like "knowing QPR they'd fück it up" etc. Just Yes or No.

The grass is always greener.

Loftus Road. on 21:37 - Jan 23 with 2940 viewswombat

Loftus Road. on 12:46 - Jan 23 by Juzzie

There are plenty of people who want promotion, it's a 'results business' after all, it seems.

I'm sure the owners want promotion too as they are pumping in £millions every month.
Staying at LR doesn't assist that desire.

I would like us to stay at LR and I want us to be in the PL (not just vying for 17th each year either) but all the permutations don't fit and top, top players probably would rather not play at LR either (didn't Barca think LR was a training stadium, or similar, when they trained there a few years ago prior to a game in SW6 (not by the river))

Stay at LR and stagnate or diminish, move and at least try and flourish.

So, it's a Yes for me in terms of moving but that is held with a caveat of staying as close as possible, not moving out to the middle of nowhere and being schit to get to.

The Dairy Crest site was never going to happen because it was too much of a lucrative development for residential property which was always going to win over a footie stadium however much it may be used for events more than 23 times a year and hospitality functions on non-event days.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2023 12:57]

Dairy crest was a brown field site the last of three land packages Aval within a mile of each other , it sold for just over 100 million quid , The BBC centre was sold for 300 million quid .
Dairy crest took ages to sell due to the shape of the,and mainly . We was to busy chasing the car giant land due to uncle tonnes obsseson with the HS2 hub being built at Wood Lane , so we ignored all three sites close to the ground , never has a piece of land as local road club been such a. Good option for any club maybe bar arsenal when they moved , we could have done a similar all being smaller purchase at dairy crest, buy the land 100 million sell the bit we don’t need for the flats being build same as arsenal did . Build the stadium with the money made or at least a large chunk of it .

Advantages of diary crest

Amazing train links

Zero issues with neighbours

Not much demo needed

On our flaming door step .

But no as uncle Tony was in charge we ignored it , when I asked lee boos about it a few season back his answer was no we didn’t even look at it .

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Loftus Road. on 21:39 - Jan 23 with 2928 viewswombat

Loftus Road. on 21:11 - Jan 23 by daveB

never heard that site mentioned before, wonder if they've ever looked at it

With the HS2 hub being build just behind it any sale of that land will be for flats not a football ground is my guess , worth 20 times more in land value for property prg more

Loftus Road. on 22:05 - Jan 23 with 2873 viewsCamberleyR

Loftus Road. on 19:29 - Jan 23 by hubble

Latymer is on King Street, Hammersmith, not Fulham (I should know, I went there, as did at least one other person on this board), but the playing fields are indeed on the corner of Wood Lane and Ducane Road. It used to be a right old faff to get there. Hopefully they've updated the antediluvian changing rooms.

But you're right about the fact that the footprint is about the same size as LR - in fact it's probably bigger. Do you want me to put in a word?

On Google maps the footprint looks much larger than LR, Hud. It looks about 2 to 2.5 times the size to me. Either way though it looks bigger than the LCS site.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Loftus Road. on 22:36 - Jan 23 with 2820 viewsdistortR

no
[Post edited 24 Jan 2023 7:54]
Loftus Road. on 08:18 - Jan 24 with 2665 viewsTheChef

We either reach the 'holy grail' of the Prem and try to actually stay there and milk it for all the cash we can.

Or we keep bumping around the Championship/League One(!) in a ground that has no extra revenue opportunities much as we all love it dearly.

Although to be honest my biggest concern is one day Fernandes and co. decide they've had enough and sell up; because knowing us the next bunch of owners will be even worse...

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Loftus Road. on 08:27 - Jan 24 with 2657 viewswombat

Loftus Road. on 08:18 - Jan 24 by TheChef

We either reach the 'holy grail' of the Prem and try to actually stay there and milk it for all the cash we can.

Or we keep bumping around the Championship/League One(!) in a ground that has no extra revenue opportunities much as we all love it dearly.

Although to be honest my biggest concern is one day Fernandes and co. decide they've had enough and sell up; because knowing us the next bunch of owners will be even worse...

id take a season of pain and grab the cash myself , better than the death by a thousadn cuts we are suffering now

Loftus Road. on 08:34 - Jan 24 with 2649 viewsTheChef

Loftus Road. on 15:44 - Jan 23 by headhoops

No idea if this would be possible.

Latymer Upper School's (private school I believe) playing fields are miles away from the actual school itself in Fulham. - But only hundreds of yards from LR, site must be double the footprint of LR. Make them an offer?

Naturally would have to insist the Pavillion has more than 3 barstaff on a match day!

"Naturally would have to insist the Pavillion has more than 3 barstaff on a match day!"

Ha, that will never happen!

And for that reason, I'm out.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Loftus Road. on 08:38 - Jan 24 with 2645 viewstoboboly

Can I just ask what the "extra revenue opportunities" we are currently missing out on are? And has the club actually done a review of what they could fetch?

Off the top of my head I can think of the following for people to use as an event; Arsenal, Spurs, Chelscum, Twickenham, The Oval, Lords, Wimbledon tennis and presumbaly West Ham and the Copper Box on the same site. Those are just high level sports venues, then you have designed event space; the Excel, Olympia and a whole host of others that are smaller.

What market of event are we actually aiming for? Cos unless you are already a fan I don't see why you would be choosing us over anything else in London?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Login to get fewer ads

Loftus Road. on 09:57 - Jan 24 with 2563 viewsEsox_Lucius

Loftus Road. on 14:29 - Jan 23 by HuckerMOTM

There's not a person alive who saw us play in Queens Park.

In the best case scenario; one day there will be a post "there's not a person alive who saw us play at Loftus Road". QPR, and varieties thereof, hold the record for the team that has had the most home grounds so is it the ground you support or the football club? Once we have shuffled off, your opinion, and mine won't hold any sway with the direction of QPR and it is my wish that for generations to come, there will be a professional football club called Queens Park Rangers.

Loftus Road. on 11:25 - Jan 24 with 2419 viewsstanistheman

Loftus Road. on 12:42 - Jan 23 by BAWHoops

The current set up simply isn't going to attract enough of the next generation of fans though.

It's deeply unimpressive

This is entirely true.

The ground is old & cramped, with lousy views and facilities.

The fans who say they won’t watch QPR may change their minds, but even if they don’t they can be replaced by a new generation should the club become successful.

Not enough new fans are coming through to replace the ones who have sadly passed or can no longer attend games. This obviously means less match day income. The club will only get poorer and drop down the division. the die hard Loftus Rd fans won’t mind this but when they too are no longer attending games what then for QPR?
Loftus Road. on 11:33 - Jan 24 with 2380 viewsdmm

It would be interesting to see an age demographic breakdown of regular supporters at LR. Has there ever been one published?
Loftus Road. on 11:35 - Jan 24 with 2372 viewsEsox_Lucius

Latymer is on King Street, Hammersmith, not Fulham (I should know, I went there, as did at least one other person on this board), but the playing fields are indeed on the corner of Wood Lane and Ducane Road. It used to be a right old faff to get there. Hopefully they've updated the antediluvian changing rooms.

But you're right about the fact that the footprint is about the same size as LR - in fact it's probably bigger. Do you want me to put in a word?

Hey Hubble. Do you have anyone on the inside you could test the waters with? Maybe through the past pupils network etc. The school is part of the Ark Academies group so there may not be the emotional attachment to having playing fields elsewhere (Heston training ground?) I have done a bit of superficial background research and it would be a monumental effort to get anywhere with it but the location would be perfect.
maybe there is someone on the operations side you know?
https://burlingtondanes.org/governance

Loftus Road. on 11:38 - Jan 24 with 2370 viewsPhildo

The current head of Latymer (who is ironically a Cardinal Vaughan alumni) was spotted at a meeting at LR a couple of years ago so I assume they were investigating that and nothing came of it.
Loftus Road. on 14:48 - Jan 24 with 2237 viewshubble

Loftus Road. on 11:35 - Jan 24 by Esox_Lucius

Hey Hubble. Do you have anyone on the inside you could test the waters with? Maybe through the past pupils network etc. The school is part of the Ark Academies group so there may not be the emotional attachment to having playing fields elsewhere (Heston training ground?) I have done a bit of superficial background research and it would be a monumental effort to get anywhere with it but the location would be perfect.
maybe there is someone on the operations side you know?
https://burlingtondanes.org/governance

I can put the feelers out mate, but I think it is highly unlikely that anything will come of this. As Wombat said, if they are ever minded to sell this large piece of prime real estate, I think it's far more likely to go to housing than a stadium. I also think it's unlikely they'd even want to sell, they don't need to, and it's an incredible asset. But you never know...

I'd also be very surprised if it's part of Ark Academies mate, it's always been a successful independent school. But might be worth noting that Hammermith's MP Andy Slaughter went to Latymer (he was in my year).

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Loftus Road. on 15:01 - Jan 24 with 2220 viewsheadhoops

Loftus Road. on 14:48 - Jan 24 by hubble

I can put the feelers out mate, but I think it is highly unlikely that anything will come of this. As Wombat said, if they are ever minded to sell this large piece of prime real estate, I think it's far more likely to go to housing than a stadium. I also think it's unlikely they'd even want to sell, they don't need to, and it's an incredible asset. But you never know...

I'd also be very surprised if it's part of Ark Academies mate, it's always been a successful independent school. But might be worth noting that Hammermith's MP Andy Slaughter went to Latymer (he was in my year).

always worth putting a feeler or two out. If you zoom in on Google maps you can see a football pitch marked out and its around a 1/3 to a 1/4 of the total plot so plenty big enough.
Time to call on your old mucker Mr Slaughter.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Loftus Road. on 16:03 - Jan 24 with 2097 viewsizlingtonhoop

Loftus Road. on 09:57 - Jan 24 by Esox_Lucius

In the best case scenario; one day there will be a post "there's not a person alive who saw us play at Loftus Road". QPR, and varieties thereof, hold the record for the team that has had the most home grounds so is it the ground you support or the football club? Once we have shuffled off, your opinion, and mine won't hold any sway with the direction of QPR and it is my wish that for generations to come, there will be a professional football club called Queens Park Rangers.

Does Putin post on here?
Loftus Road. on 18:00 - Jan 24 with 1950 viewsNZR

Loftus Road. on 08:38 - Jan 24 by toboboly

Can I just ask what the "extra revenue opportunities" we are currently missing out on are? And has the club actually done a review of what they could fetch?

Off the top of my head I can think of the following for people to use as an event; Arsenal, Spurs, Chelscum, Twickenham, The Oval, Lords, Wimbledon tennis and presumbaly West Ham and the Copper Box on the same site. Those are just high level sports venues, then you have designed event space; the Excel, Olympia and a whole host of others that are smaller.

What market of event are we actually aiming for? Cos unless you are already a fan I don't see why you would be choosing us over anything else in London?

Corporate entertainment/hirage space. We've currently got 18 corporate boxes which seat 12 people. Even if we were to grow either the number of boxes or capacity of patrons within them, it'd generate additional revenue.

There's a bit of press about it here; https://www.qpr.co.uk/media/15164/whyqprneedtomove-a4-v5.pdf
Loftus Road. on 19:45 - Jan 24 with 1836 viewsEsox_Lucius

Loftus Road. on 14:48 - Jan 24 by hubble

It's called Ark Burlington Danes Academy on the entrance way to the school. It would be good if you were able to make inquiries as it would be a great solution, being so close. It all depends on how happy the the administration are with the present arrangements of having coaches etc. and what they would receive in return for thegrounds being bought and developed into a stadium.Being local, some of them my even be R's fans, as will some of the pupils hopefully.
I don't suppose that this will come to anything but if you don't ask, you'll never know. Cheers mate.

Loftus Road. on 20:04 - Jan 24 with 1809 viewshubble

Loftus Road. on 19:45 - Jan 24 by Esox_Lucius

It's called Ark Burlington Danes Academy on the entrance way to the school. It would be good if you were able to make inquiries as it would be a great solution, being so close. It all depends on how happy the the administration are with the present arrangements of having coaches etc. and what they would receive in return for thegrounds being bought and developed into a stadium.Being local, some of them my even be R's fans, as will some of the pupils hopefully.
I don't suppose that this will come to anything but if you don't ask, you'll never know. Cheers mate.

Ark Burlington Danes is an entirely separate school Esox, nothing to do with Latymer, they just happen to be next to the playing fields.

I really don't want to get your hopes up, this is very, very unlikely to go anywhere, and I'd have to ask a friend of a friend of a friend....

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Loftus Road. on 22:26 - Jan 24 with 1703 viewsPunteR

A neutrals perspective. Ground got 7 /10

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Loftus Road. on 08:11 - Jan 25 with 1550 viewsEsox_Lucius

Loftus Road. on 20:04 - Jan 24 by hubble

Ark Burlington Danes is an entirely separate school Esox, nothing to do with Latymer, they just happen to be next to the playing fields.

I really don't want to get your hopes up, this is very, very unlikely to go anywhere, and I'd have to ask a friend of a friend of a friend....

I hadn't realised that, I thought that was the name of the school. TBH I don't have any hopes of this coming to something other than if the question is never asked, then we'll never know if it was a trick missed or not, like Dairycrest.
When I saw the name crop up in the thread, I thought it would be a great solution for both those who want a new stadium and those who don't want to move out of the area.

Loftus Road. on 08:47 - Jan 25 with 1510 viewsR_from_afar

An alternative might be to redevelop the existing stadium but move some of the elements which are currently in it into a new, separate building round the corner, to free up space for legroom and areas which can generate revenue on non match days, and/or more corporate boxes.

It’s not ideal to move them but do the ticket office and club shop, for example, really have to be at the ground? There are shop units just round the corner, we could try to buy one or more of them. They are only a few hundred yards away.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Loftus Road. on 09:01 - Jan 25 with 1487 viewsstevec

Loftus Road is a non starter.

The leg room issues are largely down to the steps being to shallow. The height of the stands is dictated by the close proximity of the housing and flats surrounding it. Increase the depth of the steps to aid the leg room and you immediately reduce the capacity. It’s a complete waste of time even thinking about it.
Loftus Road. on 09:03 - Jan 25 with 1477 viewstoboboly

Loftus Road. on 18:00 - Jan 24 by NZR

Corporate entertainment/hirage space. We've currently got 18 corporate boxes which seat 12 people. Even if we were to grow either the number of boxes or capacity of patrons within them, it'd generate additional revenue.

There's a bit of press about it here; https://www.qpr.co.uk/media/15164/whyqprneedtomove-a4-v5.pdf

Many thanks. Hoos is often mentioning the non-matchdays lack of income but going back to my previous post I do not see why people would choose Loftus Road over the umpteen thousand venues already out there for anything non-matchday.

That brochure says we are losing out on 'potentially' millions but doesn't give a hint to what those activities are and how we would prize away people from proper event space/larger and more iconic sporting venues.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Loftus Road. on 09:21 - Jan 25 with 1447 viewsswitchingcode

Loftus Road. on 08:47 - Jan 25 by R_from_afar

An alternative might be to redevelop the existing stadium but move some of the elements which are currently in it into a new, separate building round the corner, to free up space for legroom and areas which can generate revenue on non match days, and/or more corporate boxes.

It’s not ideal to move them but do the ticket office and club shop, for example, really have to be at the ground? There are shop units just round the corner, we could try to buy one or more of them. They are only a few hundred yards away.

Brentford’s new stadium apart from the ticket office is basically a lock up and go.The clubs offices are sited in an office block overlooking the ground and club shop is a separate building nearby.Apart from London Irish who are currently renting and that could end this season there is no other income apart from match days.You basically have to make it work on the pitch.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024