Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Taylor Richards 18:41 - Jan 23 with 23425 viewsRsinWales

I've seen this same question asked in passing on other threads, but what is the deal with Taylor Richards?

I would have thought that his 'we sign if we are not relegated' status would have led to a growing number of appearances as the season progressed. Instead, he plays a cameo here and there and then disappears completely again.

If he is coming here, then I'd like to see a bit more of him and build up his experience. I don't see Tim or Dozzel as stand-out players who we can never afford to drop, so it is a bit mystifying why he isn't being given a run of games.

Has the club ever said anything about it?
Taylor Richards on 20:35 - Jan 23 with 7602 viewsozexile

We'd be crazy to pay money for him. Wait for him to be released.
Taylor Richards on 20:43 - Jan 23 with 7566 viewsHayesender

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/hugely-frustrating-critchley-gives-update-on

The lesser spotted Richards

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Taylor Richards on 20:43 - Jan 23 with 7572 viewsNortholt_Rs

Surely we would have built in some caveats regarding his loan before agreeing to sign him at the end of this season (eg number of minutes played, goals scored, goal assists, etc)?
[Post edited 23 Jan 2023 20:47]

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Taylor Richards on 20:50 - Jan 23 with 7536 viewsWhip_It

Doesn't sound very encouraging. His last fleeting appearance was a bit of a disaster, and he misses the next game because of a 'bug'. Someone tell him about Charlie Austin playing with a dislocated shoulder.

More to the point, I would be extremely wary about being on the wrong side of a deal with such obviously canny operators as Brighton.
Taylor Richards on 21:02 - Jan 23 with 7493 viewsdaveB

Taylor Richards on 20:50 - Jan 23 by Whip_It

Doesn't sound very encouraging. His last fleeting appearance was a bit of a disaster, and he misses the next game because of a 'bug'. Someone tell him about Charlie Austin playing with a dislocated shoulder.

More to the point, I would be extremely wary about being on the wrong side of a deal with such obviously canny operators as Brighton.

Dykes had the same bug which is why he came off on Saturday.

I'm not sure how anyone can judge him yet as we've seen so little of him
Taylor Richards on 21:03 - Jan 23 with 7476 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Only we could sign a loanee on a permanent deal when he hasn't started a match after more than half the season.
Taylor Richards on 21:08 - Jan 23 with 7451 viewsdaveB

Taylor Richards on 21:03 - Jan 23 by Wegerles_Stairs

Only we could sign a loanee on a permanent deal when he hasn't started a match after more than half the season.

sure he started at Coventry although that's probably best forgotten
Taylor Richards on 21:09 - Jan 23 with 7453 viewsStanisgod

Thought he looked quite good whem he did come in.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Login to get fewer ads

Taylor Richards on 21:12 - Jan 23 with 7424 viewsgolborne

Taylor Richards on 21:02 - Jan 23 by daveB

Dykes had the same bug which is why he came off on Saturday.

I'm not sure how anyone can judge him yet as we've seen so little of him

I will, on the little I’ve seen. Looks a good player and I think this one will be alright
Taylor Richards on 21:56 - Jan 23 with 7298 viewsdmm

I can't remember us doing this kind of loan/buy deal in the past, so it feels a bit strange. Does anyone know how much he'll cost us?
Taylor Richards on 22:19 - Jan 23 with 7216 viewsAntti_Heinola

Taylor Richards on 21:56 - Jan 23 by dmm

I can't remember us doing this kind of loan/buy deal in the past, so it feels a bit strange. Does anyone know how much he'll cost us?

As Clive has reported, it wasn’t a ‘try before you buy’ - club wants to buy him, but due to ffp, kicked the fee to this summer.
Been hugely frustrating - he looked a game changer when he came on v Hudd. Really want to see more of him.

Bare bones.

Taylor Richards on 22:22 - Jan 23 with 7201 viewsLazyFan

Rumour was £400K.

I bet that is based upon appearances, hence any old excuse not to play so we can sign him even cheaper later on.

But that's just my conspiracy theory based upon no facts whatsoever.

However, it is QPR so ...

zzzzzzzzzz

Taylor Richards on 22:27 - Jan 23 with 7184 views1JD

Circa 500k I’ve heard. Beale himself said it was a very good deal and a low fee.
Taylor Richards on 22:58 - Jan 23 with 7109 viewsNorthernr

Shaping up to be a classic bit of QPR business this.

Manager says "we won't be doing loans, only loans that want to stay here". We do five loans. Only one of them has any realistic prospect of staying here. Never plays. Money obligated anyway.
Taylor Richards on 23:09 - Jan 23 with 7056 viewsdistortR

Taylor Richards on 22:58 - Jan 23 by Northernr

Shaping up to be a classic bit of QPR business this.

Manager says "we won't be doing loans, only loans that want to stay here". We do five loans. Only one of them has any realistic prospect of staying here. Never plays. Money obligated anyway.

"What we're buying, is potential"
Taylor Richards on 23:34 - Jan 23 with 7016 viewskarlski

If we assume mid table finish which seems inevitable now, he must play more. Simple as that. Showed flashes on brief appearances, with plenty to learn. He'll only learn by playing.
Not entirely sure what his best position is. I think as part of the attacking 3 behind the centre forward rather than further back in midfield, but need to see more of him.
Taylor Richards on 23:39 - Jan 23 with 7008 viewsconnell10

Taylor Richards on 22:27 - Jan 23 by 1JD

Circa 500k I’ve heard. Beale himself said it was a very good deal and a low fee.

Must be true if old Bealshitter said it.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Taylor Richards on 08:15 - Jan 24 with 6729 viewsNorthantsHoop

Not seen anything yet to convince me he is worth signing. Would rather we get Jamal Lowe, but that will prove difficult, especially if Bournemouth go down.
Taylor Richards on 08:27 - Jan 24 with 6686 viewsstevec

Poor old Tim taking a flogging on another thread for having the temerity to be fit all the time and play game after game whilst we pin our hopes on a bloke who can’t start and finish a single game.

He’s going to need to be extraordinarily good for me to take to him after poncing us around in a season we are desperate in this position.
Taylor Richards on 08:39 - Jan 24 with 6660 viewsdmm

Taylor Richards on 08:27 - Jan 24 by stevec

Poor old Tim taking a flogging on another thread for having the temerity to be fit all the time and play game after game whilst we pin our hopes on a bloke who can’t start and finish a single game.

He’s going to need to be extraordinarily good for me to take to him after poncing us around in a season we are desperate in this position.

They don't really play in the same position. Tim is a 6 or 8 and Taylor is an 8 or 10.

As mentioned above, Taylor was signed with the idea of him filling the gap left by the departure of Ilias of Chris, so we see him as a 10.
Taylor Richards on 09:41 - Jan 24 with 6486 viewsToast_R

Like buying that great looking car you've been after a while and when you get it home the engine's over heating. "It's only the thermostat" you tell yourself and after paying for that to be fixed, the head gasket goes. You know you should have returned it immediately but now it's too late.
Taylor Richards on 10:35 - Jan 24 with 6349 viewsderbyhoop

I wonder if the club were expecting to sell Chair and/or Willick, so Richards was intended as a replacement?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Taylor Richards on 11:24 - Jan 24 with 6248 views1JD

Taylor Richards on 10:35 - Jan 24 by derbyhoop

I wonder if the club were expecting to sell Chair and/or Willick, so Richards was intended as a replacement?

It’s a case of succession planning. You get them in the building before a player is sold, not after, for various reasons.
Taylor Richards on 12:00 - Jan 24 with 6152 viewsStanisgod

Taylor Richards on 08:15 - Jan 24 by NorthantsHoop

Not seen anything yet to convince me he is worth signing. Would rather we get Jamal Lowe, but that will prove difficult, especially if Bournemouth go down.

Hes hardly played enough to make that judgement surely.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Taylor Richards on 13:17 - Jan 24 with 6018 viewsNorthantsHoop

Taylor Richards on 12:00 - Jan 24 by Stanisgod

Hes hardly played enough to make that judgement surely.

That's probably why we will buy him for £500k as surely if he is that talented and actually fit he would not be available at this price. Don't think Premier clubs like Brighton would let a talent go for such a low price unless they think he is going to struggle with fitness. As I say not seen anything on his limited performances so far to suggest we could not find a better option that is actually fit.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024