Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pre-Match Warm Up Routine 07:34 - Apr 18 with 3595 viewsNortholt_Rs

I’ve seen a few comments from others in here about how our pre match warm up drills look sloppy and unprofessional. So, as I was in the ground early on Saturday I thought I’d take my time to observe ours vs the Coventry team’s. I’m in SAF A Block so I had a great few of the Coventry players and coaching staff going through well drilled routines, with enthusiastic participation by their players. Then, I looked up the pitch to see what our coaching staff and players were doing…..Christ Alive! It was totally amateurish by comparison - the difference was blatantly obvious. It comes across as a general ‘don’t give a shít’ malaise throughout the club that starts with the absentee owners, through Ferdinand and Hoos, to Ramsey, the coaches and medical staff and on down to the players.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Pre-Match Warm Up Routine on 07:45 - Apr 18 with 2998 viewsSK_hoops

I too had a look at half time. Coventry had their cones out and were doing sprints and stuff. Our players were just rolling the ball to each other aimlessly. We do better warms up before playing 5 a side, at least we pass the ball around with a bit of purpose!
Pre-Match Warm Up Routine on 08:13 - Apr 18 with 2933 viewshubble

This is not good to read and it epitomises what I was talking about in the Ainsworth video thread: unprofessionalism. It seems from the response I got there that many people are happy to accept mediocrity from their manager, yet bizarrely still 'hope' that the team will turn a corner.

Yes, Beale was an absolute cant for his behaviour, but the way he set up, organising things with attention to detail at every level, was exactly how a manager should go about transforming the fortunes of a club.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Pre-Match Warm Up Routine on 08:36 - Apr 18 with 2892 viewsNorthernr

Half time winds me up. They just sort of mooch about trying to nutmeg each other and chatting.
Pre-Match Warm Up Routine on 08:37 - Apr 18 with 2887 viewsvanrrrr

.and it was all still too much for Tyler!
Pre-Match Warm Up Routine on 08:45 - Apr 18 with 2870 viewsenfieldargh

This has been the same for years now.

It seems that when a new manager steps in you see the HT subs go through a few drills then after a while it dissapears completely.

This passing about between one an another you would think would catch on during the game as often they do pass the ball to eachother in tis kick about.

I never can understand why subs arent involved in the HT team talk

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Pre-Match Warm Up Routine on 10:00 - Apr 18 with 2712 viewsNortholt_Rs

Pre-Match Warm Up Routine on 08:37 - Apr 18 by vanrrrr

.and it was all still too much for Tyler!

Indeed. But according to some of our fans he’ll be a great asset if we sign him on a permanent deal. I can only assume they watch a different team.

Pre-Match Warm Up Routine on 10:06 - Apr 18 with 2682 viewsNortholt_Rs

Pre-Match Warm Up Routine on 08:36 - Apr 18 by Northernr

Half time winds me up. They just sort of mooch about trying to nutmeg each other and chatting.

Exactly. It’s not the reason we are so shít but I think it is kinda indicative of the total lack of professionalism throughout the club. It just all smacks of a ‘loser mentality’.

Pre-Match Warm Up Routine on 10:09 - Apr 18 with 2673 viewsStanisgod

Pre-Match Warm Up Routine on 08:13 - Apr 18 by hubble

This is not good to read and it epitomises what I was talking about in the Ainsworth video thread: unprofessionalism. It seems from the response I got there that many people are happy to accept mediocrity from their manager, yet bizarrely still 'hope' that the team will turn a corner.

Yes, Beale was an absolute cant for his behaviour, but the way he set up, organising things with attention to detail at every level, was exactly how a manager should go about transforming the fortunes of a club.

Nothing to do with Gaz, been doing this for years. I sit in S block and they just do the shooting routine and then dont shoot in the actual match, and as said already at half time the subs just amble around.
My grandsons under 10s have better warm ups.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Login to get fewer ads

Pre-Match Warm Up Routine on 10:09 - Apr 18 with 2671 viewsJevlar

Pre-Match Warm Up Routine on 08:36 - Apr 18 by Northernr

Glad I'm not the only one seeing this. My dad filmed a clip a couple of months ago of our half time routine. The warm up is genuinely comparable to the sh*tty 7 a side I play on a Monday night at Goals Gillette Corner.

Jude breaks into more of a sweat throwing his 1980s shapes.
Pre-Match Warm Up Routine on 10:22 - Apr 18 with 2640 viewsDannyPaddox

Pre-Match Warm Up Routine on 10:09 - Apr 18 by Jevlar

Glad I'm not the only one seeing this. My dad filmed a clip a couple of months ago of our half time routine. The warm up is genuinely comparable to the sh*tty 7 a side I play on a Monday night at Goals Gillette Corner.

Jude’s dance routines have been one of the few things that have put a smile on my mush this season. If only the players had as much passion, technique, and stamina.
Pre-Match Warm Up Routine on 10:27 - Apr 18 with 2618 viewsNortholt_Rs

Pre-Match Warm Up Routine on 10:09 - Apr 18 by Jevlar

Post the clip on here bud.

Pre-Match Warm Up Routine on 10:45 - Apr 18 with 2572 viewsCateLeBonR

Pre-Match Warm Up Routine on 08:45 - Apr 18 by enfieldargh

This has been the same for years now.

It seems that when a new manager steps in you see the HT subs go through a few drills then after a while it dissapears completely.

This passing about between one an another you would think would catch on during the game as often they do pass the ball to eachother in tis kick about.

I never can understand why subs arent involved in the HT team talk

I think that Beale used to take them all in at half-time. There were a few comments near me during the Adomah injury stoppage start of the second half. Our players were standing around, not speaking to each other, doing nothing. The Coventry players got hold of the match ball and started one touch passing around between themselves to keep them going. The difference was quite noticeable.
Pre-Match Warm Up Routine on 10:49 - Apr 18 with 2550 viewsNorthernr

Pre-Match Warm Up Routine on 10:06 - Apr 18 by Northolt_Rs

Exactly. It’s not the reason we are so shít but I think it is kinda indicative of the total lack of professionalism throughout the club. It just all smacks of a ‘loser mentality’.

Well, also, you can't go around talking about how terribly unlucky we've been with muscle injuries when they don't even warm up properly.
Pre-Match Warm Up Routine on 11:13 - Apr 18 with 2440 viewsJevlar

Pre-Match Warm Up Routine on 10:27 - Apr 18 by Northolt_Rs

Post the clip on here bud.

https://youtube.com/shorts/ELmxJNhBwy0?feature=share

Enjoy... reeks of focus and professionalism.
Pre-Match Warm Up Routine on 11:17 - Apr 18 with 2416 viewsTheChef

Pre-Match Warm Up Routine on 11:13 - Apr 18 by Jevlar

Great music though!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Pre-Match Warm Up Routine on 11:31 - Apr 18 with 2362 viewsted_hendrix

We don't do proper pre-match warm ups or half time warm ups, our pre-match warm ups and half time warm ups are an opportunity for our players to get to know each other and call each other 'Bro' or 'Dude' or 'Gucci'

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Pre-Match Warm Up Routine on 11:32 - Apr 18 with 2351 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Keep saying it: Standards, standards, standards.

Would never happen at Man Utd under Ferguson, because they were winners.
If the subs do that in public imagine what the rest of the club is like behind closed door.
Pre-Match Warm Up Routine on 11:37 - Apr 18 with 2333 viewsozexile

I think we've got more coaches than players as well. Surely one of them can lay cones out at HT. Totally embarrassing.
Pre-Match Warm Up Routine on 11:53 - Apr 18 with 2283 viewsBklynRanger

Saturday was maybe the worst example I remember of this - players who had looked beyond disinterested on the pitch at half time were somehow introduced en masse 20 minutes later - there was just no way they were mentally or physically ready.

Richards seemed to handle it not too bad I thought, because that's his style anyway for better or worse. But Willock, working his balls off to get back to form and fitness with our great club, had spent 15 minutes shuffling the ball around like he was waiting at a bus stop on the way home from training. Then shock horror did fcuk all. It's mad!
Pre-Match Warm Up Routine on 12:08 - Apr 18 with 2235 viewswombat

Pre-Match Warm Up Routine on 11:53 - Apr 18 by BklynRanger

Saturday was maybe the worst example I remember of this - players who had looked beyond disinterested on the pitch at half time were somehow introduced en masse 20 minutes later - there was just no way they were mentally or physically ready.

Richards seemed to handle it not too bad I thought, because that's his style anyway for better or worse. But Willock, working his balls off to get back to form and fitness with our great club, had spent 15 minutes shuffling the ball around like he was waiting at a bus stop on the way home from training. Then shock horror did fcuk all. It's mad!

hate to single a player out but the worse for not bothering with warm ups is sinclair armstrong , when critchley was here and he sent him out to warm up he was forever sending the coach to tell him to actually do something and not just stand on the touhline watching the game , prob four games running this happened .

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Pre-Match Warm Up Routine on 12:20 - Apr 18 with 2192 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Pre-Match Warm Up Routine on 10:09 - Apr 18 by Stanisgod

Nothing to do with Gaz, been doing this for years. I sit in S block and they just do the shooting routine and then dont shoot in the actual match, and as said already at half time the subs just amble around.
My grandsons under 10s have better warm ups.

What on Earth do you mean it's nothing to do with Gaz?

He's the bloody head coach. It's his job to ensure the players are prepared and engaged - before the game and during the game. If he wants them to do something proactive, they would be doing something proactive. Just because the previous 5 Head Coaches couldn't be bothered to sort it out doesn't mean he gets a free pass too.

He sets the standards for the players. It has everything to do with Gaz. It's what we pay him to do.
Pre-Match Warm Up Routine on 13:39 - Apr 18 with 2019 viewsKerryE

I noticed this at half time as well and was comparing to Coventry routines.
Very damming, I wonder if anyone near the top looks at this?

Remember a few years back away to Peterborough, just before Warnock took over.
A very similar disinterested half time 'warm up' took place.
The crowd around us let them know what we thought.

So many similarities between then and now.
The difference being we have only have a few games to sort and no Warnock.
Pre-Match Warm Up Routine on 13:46 - Apr 18 with 2004 viewsNortholt_Rs

Yep that looks about right. Písspoor.

Pre-Match Warm Up Routine on 13:49 - Apr 18 with 1987 viewsR_from_afar

I'm shocked You mean Hollywood passes, head tennis and keepy ups don't amount to a rigorous and effective warm-up?

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Pre-Match Warm Up Routine on 14:04 - Apr 18 with 1914 viewsR_from_afar

Thanks for sharing that. Whilst I have seen us do that very regularly, over many years, in a season where we have been plagued with injuries and have been abject for over 20 games, that lack of discipline and professionalism is totally unacceptable.

It's almost pushed me over the edge, in fact. It screams complacency and arrogance: We're too good to need to warm up or practice properly. It's disrespectful to the club and us supporters too.

Like I said before, this may not - quite - be the worst QPR squad ever but man alive, it must be close to being the least likeable.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024