Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Smyth...... 10:36 - Jun 22 with 42174 viewsDoudou87

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/ainsworth-interested-in-bringing-back-former

Poll: Preferred rumoured CB

Paul Smyth...... on 10:40 - Jun 22 with 9281 viewsjeffranger

I’d welcome him back as he was never given a chance before
Paul Smyth...... on 10:50 - Jun 22 with 9153 viewsQPROslo

Never thought he looked good enough at Championship level when he was with us a long time ago now. He may have improved somewhat but if we fill our squad with League 1 or 2 Level players that's where we'll end up.
Paul Smyth...... on 10:52 - Jun 22 with 9120 viewstoboboly

Nice lad, got a raw deal the first time round.

But if he is the answer we are looking at the wrong question paper.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Paul Smyth...... on 10:55 - Jun 22 with 9076 viewsjoe90

Apart from one really good goal against Cardiff he didn't do much for us.

Hasn't kicked on anywhere else and considering he's been playing in league one and two, don't see the logic in bringing him back.
Paul Smyth...... on 10:56 - Jun 22 with 9064 viewsdaveB

Paul Smyth...... on 10:50 - Jun 22 by QPROslo

Never thought he looked good enough at Championship level when he was with us a long time ago now. He may have improved somewhat but if we fill our squad with League 1 or 2 Level players that's where we'll end up.

Won young player of the year here ahead of Eze and was then never seen again. Another one of those players we die not knowing about because we never played them enough
Paul Smyth...... on 11:00 - Jun 22 with 9027 viewsNorthernr

He's had a good season with Orient, scored some spectacular goals. He's quick, and we're completely pedestrian. I thought the biggest problem when he was last here was he couldn't get fit, but he's been relatively clear for two years now.

Most importantly he's cheap, in fact I think our offer is actually less than the one he had on the table at Orient. I know I'm repeating myself but there is a pitiful budget available to Ainsworth this summer. I'm just going to say it over and over again until it sinks in with some. The signings are mostly going to be of this standard, profile and cost.
Paul Smyth...... on 11:00 - Jun 22 with 9010 viewsdmm

The logic for signing Smyth will be that he's free and on low wages. Whether he'll be good enough is not known. That's not to criticise, just the facts.
Paul Smyth...... on 11:02 - Jun 22 with 8992 viewsNorthantsHoop

Bit too lightweight and small, thought he struggled against the more bigger physical players in the Championship. Still feel we need to look at the physical make up of our team, for quite a few seasons we look far too soft.
Login to get fewer ads

Paul Smyth...... on 11:03 - Jun 22 with 8976 viewsLoyalitat

Paul Smyth...... on 10:55 - Jun 22 by joe90

Apart from one really good goal against Cardiff he didn't do much for us.

Hasn't kicked on anywhere else and considering he's been playing in league one and two, don't see the logic in bringing him back.

Ditto.

Add the fact that Smyth and Mide Shodipo have played similar number of games in division one in total and similar number of starts, with Shodipo scoring more goals at that level, makes this signing perplexing to say the least.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2023 11:08]
Paul Smyth...... on 11:08 - Jun 22 with 8923 viewsHunterhoop

Paul Smyth...... on 11:00 - Jun 22 by Northernr

He's had a good season with Orient, scored some spectacular goals. He's quick, and we're completely pedestrian. I thought the biggest problem when he was last here was he couldn't get fit, but he's been relatively clear for two years now.

Most importantly he's cheap, in fact I think our offer is actually less than the one he had on the table at Orient. I know I'm repeating myself but there is a pitiful budget available to Ainsworth this summer. I'm just going to say it over and over again until it sinks in with some. The signings are mostly going to be of this standard, profile and cost.

I like this signing. With what we have to play with, this is exactly the signing we should make. He has done very well with Orient. They think he is one of their best players. Signing teams’ best players from leagues below us IS the QPR way, and it has to be given our budget.

More specifically, the lad has pace. We lack pace. He works hard and is a fighter. We need that too.

Sign him, move on.
Paul Smyth...... on 11:17 - Jun 22 with 8829 viewsDando

I don't want to be negative as we are restricted on who we bring in etc of course and maybe he's improved but in general it feels like although we need to be realistic, do we have high enough expectations this year? As much as I'd take survival at this point, we surely have as good chance as others to finish in top half if we are positive. At the moment it feels like we are being looked at as another Wycombe with no expectation at all
Paul Smyth...... on 11:24 - Jun 22 with 8769 viewsToast_R

Quite an exciting signing actually. Another one Steve McLaren ditched off.
Paul Smyth...... on 11:30 - Jun 22 with 8687 viewsjoe90

Paul Smyth...... on 11:03 - Jun 22 by Loyalitat

Ditto.

Add the fact that Smyth and Mide Shodipo have played similar number of games in division one in total and similar number of starts, with Shodipo scoring more goals at that level, makes this signing perplexing to say the least.

I don't get it either.
Paul Smyth...... on 11:32 - Jun 22 with 8687 viewsNorthernr

Paul Smyth...... on 11:30 - Jun 22 by joe90

I don't get it either.

Shodipo probably on more money than Smyth will be on if he signs.

And there's no growth in Shodipo. He is what he is. Shown absolutely zero sign of any progress beyond that. Smyth does, potentially, have something there. Just about. Perhaps.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Paul Smyth...... on 11:34 - Jun 22 with 8650 viewsdaveB

Listening to the BBC radio show on QPR last night it was clear the club are worried about this season and have at pains to say they have a very small budget. It sounds like we're going to be fighting for our lives from day one
Paul Smyth...... on 11:34 - Jun 22 with 8647 viewsHayesender

Paul Smyth...... on 11:24 - Jun 22 by Toast_R

Quite an exciting signing actually. Another one Steve McLaren ditched off.

Wasn't it Warburton who got rid?

Either way, looks like we'll be playing the plucky underdog a lot next season

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Paul Smyth...... on 11:37 - Jun 22 with 8614 viewsNorthernr

Paul Smyth...... on 11:34 - Jun 22 by daveB

Listening to the BBC radio show on QPR last night it was clear the club are worried about this season and have at pains to say they have a very small budget. It sounds like we're going to be fighting for our lives from day one

Shocked I tell you. Shocked.
Paul Smyth...... on 11:39 - Jun 22 with 8564 viewsBAWHoops

If I told you we were in for a winger who scored 10 goals in the title winning League Two side last season, on a free, you'd probably be OK with that.
It's just that he played for us before so we aren't sure.

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Paul Smyth...... on 11:45 - Jun 22 with 8494 viewsjoe90

Paul Smyth...... on 11:32 - Jun 22 by Northernr

And there's no growth in Shodipo. He is what he is. Shown absolutely zero sign of any progress beyond that. Smyth does, potentially, have something there. Just about. Perhaps.

We'll see...

Just looking at the numbers I remain unconvinced about Smyth. 13 goals in 62 starts for the O's. Bonne got 45 goals in 90 starts and we know how it turned out for him.

If you're saying Shodipo has no growth then what made his loan spell at Oxford worse than Symths time at Orient? 10 goals in 39 starts isn't too bad?

The money argument I accept, but let's not kid ourselves that it's anything other than that.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2023 11:47]
Paul Smyth...... on 11:45 - Jun 22 with 8498 viewstoboboly

Paul Smyth...... on 11:32 - Jun 22 by Northernr

Shodipo is only two months older than Smyth.

edit: and I agree on releasing Shodipo.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Paul Smyth...... on 11:46 - Jun 22 with 8466 viewsNorthernr

Paul Smyth...... on 11:45 - Jun 22 by joe90

We'll see...

Just looking at the numbers I remain unconvinced about Smyth. 13 goals in 62 starts for the O's. Bonne got 45 goals in 90 starts and we know how it turned out for him.

If you're saying Shodipo has no growth then what made his loan spell at Oxford worse than Symths time at Orient? 10 goals in 39 starts isn't too bad?

The money argument I accept, but let's not kid ourselves that it's anything other than that.

And the money argument is the argument really.

I've been saying it all summer, and I'll continue to say it. No budget to speak of without a significant sale, the signings are all going to be like this.
Paul Smyth...... on 11:48 - Jun 22 with 8436 viewswood_hoop

Paul Smyth...... on 11:03 - Jun 22 by Loyalitat

Ditto.

sorry, upticked this by mistake.

think i have a little more optimism in regard Smyhe, the sort of signing I was expecting, all signings will have a certain amount of uncertainty, not perplexing though, good luck to him.
Paul Smyth...... on 11:49 - Jun 22 with 8397 viewscyprusmel

I don't mind Scowen or Smythe coming back they do put in a shift unlike some who played and I use the term loosely for us last season.
The one I am sorry about was Connor Masterson, In my opinion with some proper coaching he would have developed well.
Tall, strong and quick, certainly faster than any of the CHs we had last season.
Paul Smyth...... on 11:58 - Jun 22 with 8330 viewsBurnleyhoop

Paul Smyth...... on 11:37 - Jun 22 by Northernr

Shocked I tell you. Shocked.

Just seen the fixture list……this is going to be a long painful season and we could find ourselves propping the league up very early and potentially throughout. The owners need to hold their nerve and resist the temptation to dismiss Ainsworth if things go sour early.

This is likely to be the weakest squad we have seen for many years and will need everyone fully committed and pulling in the same direction. Expectations need to be severely tempered and the support turning toxic will only worsen the situation.

Buckle up people, bite your tongues and try and show your support as this is going to be a rough ride.

The only consolation for me is that we won’t be paying big money for wasters that offer next to nothing.
Paul Smyth...... on 12:00 - Jun 22 with 8304 viewsjoe90

Paul Smyth...... on 11:46 - Jun 22 by Northernr

And the money argument is the argument really.

I've been saying it all summer, and I'll continue to say it. No budget to speak of without a significant sale, the signings are all going to be like this.

I accept the money argument. It's bleak, but I accept it.

Don't agree with your assessment of Olamide Oluwatimilehin Babatunde Oluwaka Shodipo.

Anyway, I think this comes back to the fact we don't have anyone in-house good enough for the job. Long term, this needs to be addressed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024