Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Smyth...... 10:36 - Jun 22 with 42620 viewsDoudou87

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/ainsworth-interested-in-bringing-back-former

Poll: Preferred rumoured CB

Paul Smyth...... on 18:00 - Jun 22 with 3261 viewsVancouverHoop

Paul Smyth...... on 15:42 - Jun 22 by Northernr

I'm going to get hung with this 6k thing aren't I?

Might have slightly over-egged it, not based on any specific thing I've been told, but everybody at QPR will be on more than people think (again, the numbers are all there in the accounts, look at the quotes Macauley Bonne put out about the deal we gave him etc), and everybody signed this summer will be on substantially lower than the players they're replacing otherwise they wouldn't be coming. And in Smyth's case I had heard we'd offered him less than Orient have to renew there.

Anyway, rest of this is spot on

Meanwhile, at step 7 – instead of step 2 – it's a different world:

"If anyone has an old i-phone knocking about that is in reasonable nick that they don't need and would be willing to donate to the club, please let me know.

we're asking first because two of our phones used for scanning at the turnstiles really are on their last legs. One can't accept new software which is now becoming an issue, the other is just like old! And we will have to buy two new phones before the new season starts.

So if we can get a donation, if someone has say upgraded their phone recently, it means we can spend the money allocated for this purpose to other ground improvements, signage, all sorts of things that are necessary but cost."

From today's Hitchin Town site.
Paul Smyth...... on 18:02 - Jun 22 with 3225 viewstoboboly

Paul Smyth...... on 18:00 - Jun 22 by VancouverHoop

"If anyone has an old i-phone knocking about that is in reasonable nick that they don't need and would be willing to donate to the club, please let me know.

we're asking first because two of our phones used for scanning at the turnstiles really are on their last legs. One can't accept new software which is now becoming an issue, the other is just like old! And we will have to buy two new phones before the new season starts.

So if we can get a donation, if someone has say upgraded their phone recently, it means we can spend the money allocated for this purpose to other ground improvements, signage, all sorts of things that are necessary but cost."

Pigeons coming home to roost a little for Hitchin - they decided to not only go cash free but all tickets have to be bought in advance online and scanned, no walk ups of any kind.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Paul Smyth...... on 18:06 - Jun 22 with 3199 viewsdmm

Paul Smyth...... on 18:02 - Jun 22 by toboboly

Pigeons coming home to roost a little for Hitchin - they decided to not only go cash free but all tickets have to be bought in advance online and scanned, no walk ups of any kind.

What a slap in the face for fans, both home and away! I'd bet that whatever they gain in not having to pay for turnstile staff they'll lose in lower crowds.
Paul Smyth...... on 18:07 - Jun 22 with 3183 viewstoboboly

Paul Smyth...... on 18:06 - Jun 22 by dmm

What a slap in the face for fans, both home and away! I'd bet that whatever they gain in not having to pay for turnstile staff they'll lose in lower crowds.

They still have turnstile staff, they have to scan you in, and they will be volunteers so don't pay them. But I agree it makes no sense - you can buy them on your phone up to 20 odd minutes after the game kicks off but you have to do it online.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Paul Smyth...... on 18:41 - Jun 22 with 3055 viewsdistortR

Paul Smyth...... on 15:42 - Jun 22 by Northernr

I'm going to get hung with this 6k thing aren't I?

Might have slightly over-egged it, not based on any specific thing I've been told, but everybody at QPR will be on more than people think (again, the numbers are all there in the accounts, look at the quotes Macauley Bonne put out about the deal we gave him etc), and everybody signed this summer will be on substantially lower than the players they're replacing otherwise they wouldn't be coming. And in Smyth's case I had heard we'd offered him less than Orient have to renew there.

Anyway, rest of this is spot on

'offered him less than Orient have'

Basic is probably more here, it's when you factor in win bonuses...
Paul Smyth...... on 18:46 - Jun 22 with 3033 viewsaston_hoop

Paul Smyth...... on 18:00 - Jun 22 by VancouverHoop

Got a link? I grew up around there so want to send that around to a few people!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Paul Smyth...... on 18:50 - Jun 22 with 3019 viewsVancouverHoop

Paul Smyth...... on 18:46 - Jun 22 by aston_hoop

Got a link? I grew up around there so want to send that around to a few people!

http://hitchintownfc.club/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3291&sid=a1999ed2b9b

There you go.
Paul Smyth...... on 18:51 - Jun 22 with 3001 viewsaston_hoop

Paul Smyth...... on 18:50 - Jun 22 by VancouverHoop

http://hitchintownfc.club/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3291&sid=a1999ed2b9b

There you go.

Cheers!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Login to get fewer ads

Paul Smyth...... on 19:01 - Jun 22 with 2914 viewsE15Hoop

I wonder if getting Smyth is part of a wider plot to make sure that our 1st choice 11 is entirely composed of players who have at most two syllables in their surname?

Would fit in very well with Dieng, Dunne, Paal, Dykes, Chair, Drewe, Field etc.

At this rate Adomah and Clarke-Salter have got no chance of getting on the pitch...
Paul Smyth...... on 19:13 - Jun 22 with 2844 viewsRangersDave

Wonder why we havnt started up AEK Rangers in Greece,

Then buy a great player for them, and they loan him to us?

I mean, others do it, why cant we?

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Paul Smyth...... on 20:54 - Jun 22 with 2508 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Just read this thread..... it is a wind up right? Smyth, who 18 months ago was deamed not good enough for us under Warburton, is now, after a season in L2, suddenly our go to man.
What a fcuking joke.
Paul Smyth...... on 21:07 - Jun 22 with 2448 viewsSheffieldHoop

Paul Smyth...... on 20:54 - Jun 22 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Just read this thread..... it is a wind up right? Smyth, who 18 months ago was deamed not good enough for us under Warburton, is now, after a season in L2, suddenly our go to man.
What a fcuking joke.

Don't think anybody has quite said that, just that it'd be a decent signing. But would you rather we had Willock or Smyth for the second half of the season just gone? Smyth or Roberts? I'm not saying I think Smyth is a more talented player than Willock or Roberts, but hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard. And I'm personally sick of playing silly buggers risking the club's future on all this talent who, for whatever reason, are more interested in things other than playing for QPR. I think last season shows just how important commitment and "buy in" is, we desperately need that right now, and Smyth would be good for that.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Paul Smyth...... on 21:16 - Jun 22 with 2411 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Paul Smyth...... on 21:07 - Jun 22 by SheffieldHoop

Don't think anybody has quite said that, just that it'd be a decent signing. But would you rather we had Willock or Smyth for the second half of the season just gone? Smyth or Roberts? I'm not saying I think Smyth is a more talented player than Willock or Roberts, but hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard. And I'm personally sick of playing silly buggers risking the club's future on all this talent who, for whatever reason, are more interested in things other than playing for QPR. I think last season shows just how important commitment and "buy in" is, we desperately need that right now, and Smyth would be good for that.

A non league player would work harder than Roberts!

Considering some on here have been banging on about how easy reducing the overheads to keep within FFP woukd be. Here we are, first week of the window and we are resigning a player on a free transfer, that we let go 18 months ago on a free transfer because he was sh!t. Hopefully a reality check for some on here.

He wasn't good enough then, and nothing has changed since.
Paul Smyth...... on 23:23 - Jun 22 with 2223 viewsjoe90

Paul Smyth...... on 21:07 - Jun 22 by SheffieldHoop

Genuine question, how do you know Smyth will ‘buy in’ and be more committed?
Paul Smyth...... on 01:33 - Jun 23 with 2094 viewsSheffieldHoop

Paul Smyth...... on 23:23 - Jun 22 by joe90

Genuine question, how do you know Smyth will ‘buy in’ and be more committed?

Well ok, fair shout, we don't know 100% - But you can only judge people on the character they've shown in the past and Smyth has always struck me as a good pro working hard to maximise the opportunity he's being given, and delighted with it. You need people like that in the building. The examples I've used I don't think look at QPR like that, and they're not the only ones. It's the old good eggs, bad eggs argument.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Paul Smyth...... on 07:08 - Jun 23 with 1912 viewsPaddyhoops

I liked Paul Smyth first time round. He wasn’t quite ready to step up but it looks like he’s bulked up a little bit and has done well at Orient.
We’re shopping in Lidl at the moment, so these are the type of signings we’ll be making. Like it or not.
He’ll put a shift and I’d have him before Roberts any day of the week.
Paul Smyth...... on 07:37 - Jun 23 with 1814 viewsFDC

I quite like this signing. As others have pointed out, we desperately need more pace in the team. And he's always struck me as a likeable character that the supporters will want to get behind, which will also be important this season.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2023 7:43]
Paul Smyth...... on 08:23 - Jun 23 with 1737 viewsE15Hoop

Paul Smyth...... on 20:54 - Jun 22 by Wilkinswatercarrier

What a fcuking joke.

Pray tell us all what your masterplan is then, for getting a shedload of half-decent players on board double-quick with a budget of less than the cost of an average mortgage..

Since you clearly know better than our current management team, I'm sure we're all very keen to hear exactly how you would go about it..
Paul Smyth...... on 08:31 - Jun 23 with 1695 viewsEastR

Paul Smyth...... on 07:08 - Jun 23 by Paddyhoops

I liked Paul Smyth first time round. He wasn’t quite ready to step up but it looks like he’s bulked up a little bit and has done well at Orient.
We’re shopping in Lidl at the moment, so these are the type of signings we’ll be making. Like it or not.
He’ll put a shift and I’d have him before Roberts any day of the week.

Bit harsh there on the low cost retailer option Paddy
I've read/seen plenty of blind taste test trials where they come out on top against their much pricer comparatives.

And Rotherham finished above us in the league.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Paul Smyth...... on 08:47 - Jun 23 with 1644 viewsDejR_vu

Paul Smyth...... on 08:31 - Jun 23 by EastR

Bit harsh there on the low cost retailer option Paddy
I've read/seen plenty of blind taste test trials where they come out on top against their much pricer comparatives.

And Rotherham finished above us in the league.

I think Lidl is an aspiration right now, we’re queuing at the soup kitchen.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Paul Smyth...... on 08:54 - Jun 23 with 1626 viewsdmm

Paul Smyth...... on 08:47 - Jun 23 by DejR_vu

I think Lidl is an aspiration right now, we’re queuing at the soup kitchen.

Soup kitchens?! Luxury! We can only dream of soup kitchens. It's bin foraging for us.
Paul Smyth...... on 09:11 - Jun 23 with 1548 viewsR_from_afar

Paul Smyth...... on 21:16 - Jun 22 by Wilkinswatercarrier

A non league player would work harder than Roberts!

Considering some on here have been banging on about how easy reducing the overheads to keep within FFP woukd be. Here we are, first week of the window and we are resigning a player on a free transfer, that we let go 18 months ago on a free transfer because he was sh!t. Hopefully a reality check for some on here.

He wasn't good enough then, and nothing has changed since.

I think the 131 league games he has played since he left us will have helped him improve as a player.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Paul Smyth...... on 09:31 - Jun 23 with 1487 viewsE15Hoop

Paul Smyth...... on 09:11 - Jun 23 by R_from_afar

I think the 131 league games he has played since he left us will have helped him improve as a player.

Well said, Afar, me old China.
Looks like WWC is someone else who enjoys complaining for the sake of it.
I'm waiting with baited breath to hear what his masterplan is for player acquisition this season, as he clearly has one that's better than GA and RD's..
Paul Smyth...... on 09:47 - Jun 23 with 1401 viewsAntti_Heinola

Paul Smyth...... on 08:54 - Jun 23 by dmm

Soup kitchens?! Luxury! We can only dream of soup kitchens. It's bin foraging for us.

Oh we used to dream of foraging in bins. Would've been paradise for us! Best we could do was gnaw loose concrete off the kerbs of pavements.

Bare bones.

Paul Smyth...... on 09:50 - Jun 23 with 1393 viewsjoe90

Paul Smyth...... on 09:31 - Jun 23 by E15Hoop

Well said, Afar, me old China.
Looks like WWC is someone else who enjoys complaining for the sake of it.
I'm waiting with baited breath to hear what his masterplan is for player acquisition this season, as he clearly has one that's better than GA and RD's..

This signing embodies all the problems we've had with recruitment.

All the warning signs are there.

If we do sign him I hope it works out and if it does, all credit to them.

Why do you think it would be a good signing?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024