Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shthousing clampdown 10:20 - Jul 28 with 8380 viewsNorthernr

Let's see how effective this is/how long it lasts.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2023/july/28/match-officials-to-adopt-new-approach-fo

This post has been edited by an administrator
Shthousing clampdown on 10:22 - Jul 28 with 5436 viewscolinallcars

Typical….as soon as we start doing it, they clamp down.
Shthousing clampdown on 10:29 - Jul 28 with 5365 viewsRs_Holy

thought they got things right at the World Cup with long injury times added... surely that's the best deterrent?
Shthousing clampdown on 10:33 - Jul 28 with 5345 viewsCateLeBonR

Shthousing clampdown on 10:29 - Jul 28 by Rs_Holy

thought they got things right at the World Cup with long injury times added... surely that's the best deterrent?

As long as they’re consistent yes.
Shthousing clampdown on 10:37 - Jul 28 with 5319 viewsJuzzie

As usual in life, everyone else has to take on board a whole set of rules to stop the minority from behaving like cnts.

I'm gonna go all Daily Mail here and say just shoot the fkkers. Stain on society.

I think I've had too much coffee this morning!......
Shthousing clampdown on 10:37 - Jul 28 with 5305 viewsgazza1

Offside......unclear what the rule change is - any help??
Shthousing clampdown on 10:44 - Jul 28 with 5277 viewsterryb

Shthousing clampdown on 10:37 - Jul 28 by gazza1

Offside......unclear what the rule change is - any help??

My reading of it gazza, is that the nonsense of not giving offside "because the defender played the ball" (it hit him!) has been clarified. Deflections off the defender won't be regarded as deliberate playing of the ball.

If not that, I have no idea!
Shthousing clampdown on 11:22 - Jul 28 with 5082 viewsdmm

I like the intention but can't help but wonder if the game is overregulated allowing for more opportunities for differences in interpretation of the rules.
Shthousing clampdown on 11:26 - Jul 28 with 5059 viewsQPR_Hibs

Yeah, cue lots of Preston players "colliding" with each other in order to be treated on the field.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Login to get fewer ads

Shthousing clampdown on 11:30 - Jul 28 with 5036 viewsDorse

Shthousing clampdown on 11:26 - Jul 28 by QPR_Hibs

Yeah, cue lots of Preston players "colliding" with each other in order to be treated on the field.

'I shithouse, therefore I am (a Preston player)'
Rene Dustcart, Lancs.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Shthousing clampdown on 11:31 - Jul 28 with 5022 viewsderbyhoop

I wonder how many yellow cards we'll pick up when Field goes down injured.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Shthousing clampdown on 13:17 - Jul 28 with 4787 viewsHastings_Hoops

There needs to be full transparency of when the ref is stopping the clock… why on earth they don’t just display the refs watch on the big screen i don’t know - it’s sooooo obvious and would allow players, coaches and fans alike to remind the ref to stop the clock if they haven’t already.
Shthousing clampdown on 13:48 - Jul 28 with 4696 viewskomradkirk

The time wasting boils my piss.
I've watched a couple of Irish League friendlies and the hammer throwers are kicking the ball away every time a decision goes against them.Come on we pay for 90 minutes not to see the ball in play for 60.
I can see this being a stress trigger for me when the season actually starts.
Shthousing clampdown on 13:50 - Jul 28 with 4693 viewsNorthernr

I'll never understand why they don't make the tiny alteration of goalkeepers have to take goal kicks from the side the ball went out, same as corners.
Shthousing clampdown on 14:02 - Jul 28 with 4637 viewsAddinall

Shthousing clampdown on 13:50 - Jul 28 by Northernr

I'll never understand why they don't make the tiny alteration of goalkeepers have to take goal kicks from the side the ball went out, same as corners.

They used to.Keepers deliberately placed it on the wrong side of the six yard box.The ref then had to tell them to move it.A classic time wasting ploy.
Shthousing clampdown on 14:05 - Jul 28 with 4628 viewsDannyPaddox

I fully appreciate it may take a while for our shithousery-guided players to adjust to these new rules but for 3 o clock kick-offs I won’t be staying past 8pm. That’s my cut off.
Shthousing clampdown on 14:08 - Jul 28 with 4615 viewsterryb

Shthousing clampdown on 14:05 - Jul 28 by DannyPaddox

I fully appreciate it may take a while for our shithousery-guided players to adjust to these new rules but for 3 o clock kick-offs I won’t be staying past 8pm. That’s my cut off.

And for mid week games I will only see some of the second half, leaving to catch the 10.30pm from Liverpool street!
Shthousing clampdown on 14:18 - Jul 28 with 4562 viewsflynnbo

Unless I've missed it, I would have liked to have seen the deliberate collecting then releasing or moving away with the ball by an opponent in an attempt to prevent a quck throw in penalised
Shthousing clampdown on 14:22 - Jul 28 with 4535 viewsHAYESBOY

Don't book an Uber for 5.15pm from now on next season!

Smells like a trout farm in here

Shthousing clampdown on 14:25 - Jul 28 with 4510 viewspaulhoop2

I saw this earlier and thought of you Clive lol I wonder if this means refs will automatically card keepers time wasting?

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Shthousing clampdown on 14:36 - Jul 28 with 4469 viewsMatch82

Shthousing clampdown on 13:17 - Jul 28 by Hastings_Hoops

There needs to be full transparency of when the ref is stopping the clock… why on earth they don’t just display the refs watch on the big screen i don’t know - it’s sooooo obvious and would allow players, coaches and fans alike to remind the ref to stop the clock if they haven’t already.

I think if they enforced it to the exact letter of the law the games would be about 3 hours long. If you put this up on the big screen you'd have fans howling from the first minute every time the ball goes out for a throw
Shthousing clampdown on 15:01 - Jul 28 with 4427 viewsStanFan

In rugby don't they just stop the clock when the ball is out of play? Seems the easiest method by far. Also stops those silly goal times: 90 mins + 11 or whatever.
Shthousing clampdown on 15:08 - Jul 28 with 4387 viewsDannyPaddox

Maybe I was being a bit harsh on the players with my 8pm comment. For the Ipswich game I will bring an overnight bag.
Shthousing clampdown on 15:09 - Jul 28 with 4382 viewsJuzzie

Shthousing clampdown on 15:01 - Jul 28 by StanFan

In rugby don't they just stop the clock when the ball is out of play? Seems the easiest method by far. Also stops those silly goal times: 90 mins + 11 or whatever.

Yeah, in the same way when a goal is scored in the 88th minute it's reported as a "last-gasp goal!" Well, it's not really when another 10-12 minutes of football has been played.

Or "Amazing! Two goals scored in injury time" when it's the 91st min and 111th min so really akin to 81st and 91st minute so realllllyyyyy only one goal is truly late on.
Shthousing clampdown on 16:39 - Jul 28 with 4192 viewsPinnerPaul

Shthousing clampdown on 10:44 - Jul 28 by terryb

My reading of it gazza, is that the nonsense of not giving offside "because the defender played the ball" (it hit him!) has been clarified. Deflections off the defender won't be regarded as deliberate playing of the ball.

If not that, I have no idea!

Deflections have never been able to "reset" an offside.

What HAS, in the past, is a defender stretching for the ball for example, with head or foot and getting a slight touch on it.

What new wording tries to do is to say the defender has to have more control of the ball and his actions before an offside is "reset" or ignored - whatever way you want to put it!
Shthousing clampdown on 16:45 - Jul 28 with 4164 viewsPinnerPaul

Another "initiative" has also landed

https://www.middlesexfa.com/news/2023/jul/27/new-fa-refereeing-strategy-2023-26
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024