Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. 12:24 - Aug 4 with 95622 viewsconnell10

I'll go for unlikely 1-1 draw.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 19:12 - Aug 5 with 3309 viewsrbee

Kilmarnock 1 v Rangers 0    🤣
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 19:17 - Aug 5 with 3249 viewsvanrrrr

Somewhat predictable post match
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 19:24 - Aug 5 with 3144 viewscorse

Jebus what a toss er
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 19:24 - Aug 5 with 3140 viewsaston_hoop

"All the players gave everything"

Its one thing to be positive but don't lie to us
[Post edited 5 Aug 2023 19:24]

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 19:27 - Aug 5 with 3064 viewsBoston

I only caught part of the call in on 606 from American R, Andy. Seemed quite well informed, "who are ya"?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 19:28 - Aug 5 with 3061 viewsRangersw12

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 19:17 - Aug 5 by vanrrrr

Deserves sacking for that interview alone
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 19:36 - Aug 5 with 2929 viewsG_Ottershaw

I genuinely like GA and feel sorry for the predicament he's in, but as an analogy to these speeches, have any of you ever worked for a company that you clearly know is going down the pan, only for the managers to walk around lecturing 'you must cease with the negativity! your jobs are all safe blah blah blah...' only to discover a short time later you're all getting the push and as you originally suspected they probably don't even have the funds to cover the redundancies.
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 19:40 - Aug 5 with 2894 viewsrbee

Pretty typical post match Gaz interview, I can't agree with most of it.

Smyth was supposed to come off early, well not that early, lol. I hope he proves me wrong of course but I really don't get this signing, a 26 year old QPR reject.
Login to get fewer ads

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 19:41 - Aug 5 with 2874 viewsvanrrrr

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 19:36 - Aug 5 by G_Ottershaw

I genuinely like GA and feel sorry for the predicament he's in, but as an analogy to these speeches, have any of you ever worked for a company that you clearly know is going down the pan, only for the managers to walk around lecturing 'you must cease with the negativity! your jobs are all safe blah blah blah...' only to discover a short time later you're all getting the push and as you originally suspected they probably don't even have the funds to cover the redundancies.

I can see you’re still focused on the bad news….
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 19:42 - Aug 5 with 2830 viewsDamo1962

Wow...just wow. Never use Twitter, but had to see the reaction to this one. Spend your pay off wisely Gareth. And I will hold my hand up, as one who was vociferous in welcoming his appointment...that I got it as wrong as the club. Yes he has inherited shite, but this is another level. Won't be suggesting anyone as his successor either -once bitten and all that.
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 19:47 - Aug 5 with 2774 viewsBoston

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 19:40 - Aug 5 by rbee

Pretty typical post match Gaz interview, I can't agree with most of it.

Smyth was supposed to come off early, well not that early, lol. I hope he proves me wrong of course but I really don't get this signing, a 26 year old QPR reject.

Was it the same one he gave to 606? Thought he was pretty straight myself.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 19:50 - Aug 5 with 2735 viewsThe_Beast1976

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 19:42 - Aug 5 by Damo1962

Wow...just wow. Never use Twitter, but had to see the reaction to this one. Spend your pay off wisely Gareth. And I will hold my hand up, as one who was vociferous in welcoming his appointment...that I got it as wrong as the club. Yes he has inherited shite, but this is another level. Won't be suggesting anyone as his successor either -once bitten and all that.

Goes down as one of the most bizarre post match interviews ever.

Firstly, all this talk of staying in the Championship. Its the first game of the season ffs. Why are we talking about survival? It should be about finishing as high as we can (I'm sure that's what most other clubs will be talking about).

Secondly, he comes accross as not really knowing what on earth he is doing. Really sad to see/hear.

The club has been run into the ground by the very people who are supposed to be its custodians and make it a success. In my 40 odd years I've not witnessed things as bad as they are now.

I'd rather the owners go and we start from scratch, than the rubbish they (the owners, and GA) have lined up.
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 20:02 - Aug 5 with 2591 viewsDamo1962

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 19:50 - Aug 5 by The_Beast1976

Firstly, all this talk of staying in the Championship. Its the first game of the season ffs. Why are we talking about survival? It should be about finishing as high as we can (I'm sure that's what most other clubs will be talking about).

Secondly, he comes accross as not really knowing what on earth he is doing. Really sad to see/hear.

The club has been run into the ground by the very people who are supposed to be its custodians and make it a success. In my 40 odd years I've not witnessed things as bad as they are now.

I'd rather the owners go and we start from scratch, than the rubbish they (the owners, and GA) have lined up.

Me too. Think only a complete reset, will work in the medium to long term for QPR.
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 20:15 - Aug 5 with 2541 viewstraininvain

Spot on Beast. Ainsworth’s saying the quiet part out loud and it’s no surprise the players come out waving the white flag. He’s giving the players a complete pass to do so.

It’s his job to give the players self belief to perform to the best of their ability and set up a team that can compete in football matches. Failing on all counts.

I’m starting to wonder if he’s having some sort of breakdown and can only hope I’m wrong. But it’s bizarre behaviour and needs to stop.
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 20:21 - Aug 5 with 2494 viewsDejR_vu

He’s starting to make Holloway look good, and I thought we’d well and truly scraped that barrel.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 20:42 - Aug 5 with 2347 viewsE15Hoop

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 19:28 - Aug 5 by Rangersw12

Deserves sacking for that interview alone

Even I'm struggling to say anything positive after that.
I could take the "I've learnt so much today" line, if we hadn't had exactly the same speech last week. Definitely has me wondering exactly what they've spent the past 7 days doing, because closing men down and tracking runners certainly wasn't part of that programme, judging from today's "performance".
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 20:51 - Aug 5 with 2275 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 19:17 - Aug 5 by vanrrrr

As the band played on, Kate Winslet knew they were pwaper f....d!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 20:52 - Aug 5 with 2267 viewsLogman

I really feel for him. He knows deep down we are short and he is throwing everything at it to try to paper over the cracks. Does need to train the team and implement the team to play 4-5-1 or 5-4-1 though.
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 21:07 - Aug 5 with 2165 viewsRangersw12

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 20:42 - Aug 5 by E15Hoop

I could take the "I've learnt so much today" line, if we hadn't had exactly the same speech last week. Definitely has me wondering exactly what they've spent the past 7 days doing, because closing men down and tracking runners certainly wasn't part of that programme, judging from today's "performance".

I expected us to be lacking quality but we would be pressing and snapping into tackles but there was none of that and one of the most passive performances I can remember.

Rock bottom and can't see it changing all season

Oh well early train to Cardiff next week 🍻
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 21:47 - Aug 5 with 2029 viewsHooparoo

Christ, what a sh!t show to wake up to. 1-0 down in the first minute of the season must be some kind of record.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 21:53 - Aug 5 with 1974 viewsHooping_Mad

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 17:24 - Aug 5 by AgedR

I really can’t bring myself to blame Ainsworth. Apart from brief periods of irresponsible spending influenced average spikes we have been declining for years.

Something Is Rotten in the State of Denmark!

I wrote an article in a pensions journal years ago comparing companies without a clear plan and culture with Rangers (yes I am a sad tosser who will take any opportunity to shoe horn QPR in to all parts of my life). It’s only getting worse.

We need to decide on what we want to be and then agree a fxcking plan as to how we get there.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2023 17:25]

it'll never catch on

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 22:04 - Aug 5 with 1921 viewsStrawberryHillR

I've seen participants in scat videos emerge with more dignity than our defence did today. Poor Gubbins was a lamb to the slaughter. The full backs were beyond awful. The tactic of letting Watford roam ten yards into our half before engaging was baffling. There was no press, no pressure on the ball, nothing.

There was a great Louis CK routine, before he was outed as a massive sex-case, where he talks about being such a glutton that he'd never had a bowel movement that wasn't an emergency. It feels like Ainsworth hasn't managed a QPR game that wasn't an emergency of some sort. It would be nice to be able to approach a game with a moderately fit squad, not a lot to play for, but even after the summer off and a chance to reset we're stumbling from game to game like a drunk to lamp posts.

I hear the second half was better, hats off to those that stayed, I couldn't bear it. Thankfully I'm off to Australia for a few weeks, so hopefully by the time I return things won't be so desperate.
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 22:23 - Aug 5 with 1803 viewsterryb

I've not read through the thread, as I can't & wont. However, I didn't want to start a new thread when this is available.

At no time in this match did we have any organisation or a system. We tried two options, hitting the head of Dykes to flick the ball on or playing the ball over the head of the left back for Smyth to chase. These provided nowt! I think we were meant to be a basic 4-4-2 all game, but who really knows?

Duke-McKenna (IMO our best player) & Armstrong did give us more energy, but did not improve our quality & the two added time subs were an insult to all of us.

Thankfully, I might have completed my away games for the season, but I really do feel for those of you that are going to Cardiff next week.
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 00:03 - Aug 6 with 1512 viewsPunteR

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 20:42 - Aug 5 by E15Hoop

That was quick.
You spent all summer bigging Ainsworth up and chasing down any poster that criticised him. One game in and you're slating him already.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 00:05 - Aug 6 with 1880 viewsPunteR

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 19:05 - Aug 5 by Discodroids

You lot must be out of your tiny minds slagging off Gareth Ainsworth.

QPR would be crackers to sack the Green Cross Code King Rocker.

#CooCaChoo

Check your DMs mate..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024