Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. 12:24 - Aug 4 with 95626 viewsconnell10

I'll go for unlikely 1-1 draw.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 17:26 - Aug 5 with 3757 viewsNorthantsHoop

That was a total shambles, really not acceptable, suprised Watford only scored four.
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 17:26 - Aug 5 with 3743 viewsstevec

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 17:29 - Aug 5 with 3625 viewsDWQPR

Simple fact is that we are being gumped game after game with Ainsworth and if that defeat, albeit a friendly last week at Oxford ain’t telling the board that they have got it badly wrong then nothing will. A huge mistake getting rid of Warburton who is a far better coach than Ainsworth and also someone that would have attracted the better loanees from the Prem. Ainsworth and his hoof ball reputation ain’t going to do that. We need Warburton back and now. And also give him the job of overseeing the academy development and appointed the people he feels is the right match. It’s going to be a total humiliation of a season otherwise.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 17:33 - Aug 5 with 3495 viewsNov77

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 17:26 - Aug 5 by stevec

An early version of the ‘Roeder shuffle?’

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 17:35 - Aug 5 with 3437 viewshook_hoops

The manager must go and he must go now. He's totally out of his depth at this level. If you're leaving your best player on the bench because he doesn't fit into the manager's system, then the system is wrong.
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 17:36 - Aug 5 with 3410 viewshorshamHoop

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 17:00 - Aug 5 by karl

I don’t like the idea of it but tbh GA should not be in the job next week. Big problem is that it doesn’t appear that there is anyone on the staff who could put out an improved team, at least we did have Eustace previously, can’t see that it’s fair to lumber this on someone to damage their reputation.
Need to get a replacement in straight away and in all honesty who could that be without the usual protracted process?

Spot on, the club have to recognize another very poor appointment and change it now. The biggest mistake made was not appointing John Eustace instead of bullshit Beale but what is done is done.

There is talent in this team, it needs a different king of manager with a different kind of style - easier said than done I know but this is a big call now and they need to get it right.
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 17:36 - Aug 5 with 3366 viewsDiscodroids

That Max wall gif always reminds me of El Khayati Dancing down the wing, before slinging a cross over connor washingtons head towards the kuiper belt.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2023 17:37]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 17:37 - Aug 5 with 3353 viewsDorse

Must be an out-take: I don't remember Professor Snape doing that in the Harry Potter movies.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Login to get fewer ads

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 17:41 - Aug 5 with 3260 viewskernowhoop

If we are going to make any radical changes, something needs to happen rapidly - well within the transfer window. As things stand, we can expect some 'outs'. GA has intimated that. But, we would not want those 'outs' to have moved elsewhere and be replaced with players of the wrong type. 'By that, I mean 'wrong' for an incoming manager. Just suppose it were Mark Warburton. Would he want to come if we had just sold Chair and Willock and replaced them with a couple of hard-working cloggers?
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 17:51 - Aug 5 with 3000 viewsconnell10

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 17:16 - Aug 5 by kensalriser

Nothing going on at all. We knew we were totally undercooked to start the season but there's no apparent game plan, no application, no style of play, little effort. It was only four because Watford declared, knowing we had nothing.

The rot may have set in under Beale, but I don't remember getting thrashed game after game until Ainsworth arrived, it was mostly defeats by a single goal.

This we have no shape , just a big lumpy mess! You just know it's gonna be tankings after tankings .

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 17:54 - Aug 5 with 2931 viewsDesertBoot

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 17:51 - Aug 5 by connell10

This we have no shape , just a big lumpy mess! You just know it's gonna be tankings after tankings .

The 3-0 defeat on the final day was the biggest clue of all.
Safe from relegation, handbrake off and duly sacrificed at home.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 17:58 - Aug 5 with 2850 viewsdavman

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 17:29 - Aug 5 by DWQPR

Simple fact is that we are being gumped game after game with Ainsworth and if that defeat, albeit a friendly last week at Oxford ain’t telling the board that they have got it badly wrong then nothing will. A huge mistake getting rid of Warburton who is a far better coach than Ainsworth and also someone that would have attracted the better loanees from the Prem. Ainsworth and his hoof ball reputation ain’t going to do that. We need Warburton back and now. And also give him the job of overseeing the academy development and appointed the people he feels is the right match. It’s going to be a total humiliation of a season otherwise.

Read the room, matey - the owners desperately want out.

They have been silent since they appointed Ainsworth. Silent when Sir Les left and they were never going to sack him anyway despite the pss poor job he ultimately did. Silent when Tony Pony finally fckd off. Silent when we secured Championship status last season. Even when the Training Ground opened they were there, but said nothing in interviews. Silent at the start of the season.

They are openly courting "new investors". They are cutting costs maybe to support FFP, but more likely to balance the books as they are fed up with piling their cash into the cash pit the club has become.

They may have expressed their life long love for the club six months ago, but they are looking for a way out that does not liquidate the club and for that we HAVE to be thankful. I am still 100% convinced that today is NOT the nadir you may think; worse is still yet to come. This squad is horrendously undercooked for life in the Championship and seriously needs about 8 Championship class players to make it even competitive. We are WAY short with no sign that anyone affordable and talented wants to come our way...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 17:59 - Aug 5 with 2818 viewsQPROslo

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 17:23 - Aug 5 by aston_hoop

Our first win last season was with the team - Dieng, Kakay, Dunne, Dickie, Paal, Johansen, Field, Amos, Chair, Willock, Dykes.

We ran 3 past Boro in the first half who finished in the playoffs. Same full backs, could pick the same front 3. Play to these players strengths and there is still a squad there of actual footballers. Yes I know we had no centre backs today, we will do though and then we'll see. This is on the manager, this is on the way Ainsworth sets us up.

This 100%
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 18:00 - Aug 5 with 2792 viewsDorse

'I can hold it...'

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 18:00 - Aug 5 with 2767 viewsqprd

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 17:54 - Aug 5 by DesertBoot

The 3-0 defeat on the final day was the biggest clue of all.
Safe from relegation, handbrake off and duly sacrificed at home.

Lets not forget that 3-0 against Bristol.

The season was safe, and we were clearly in the mode of looking to next year. What did Ainsworth do that game? Did he give Gubbins a chance to play so that maybe he'd more prepared when a day like today came? How about the likes of Dixon Bonner, who will need to play a role this season but has very little first team experience?

No, he played the likes of laird and lowe (loanees), amos (who we werent resigning) and martin.....

ainsworths judgment is consistently terrible
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 18:02 - Aug 5 with 2737 viewsrbee

I believe Amos is still without a club.
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 18:04 - Aug 5 with 2655 viewsGaryBannister86

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 18:00 - Aug 5 by qprd

Lets not forget that 3-0 against Bristol.

The season was safe, and we were clearly in the mode of looking to next year. What did Ainsworth do that game? Did he give Gubbins a chance to play so that maybe he'd more prepared when a day like today came? How about the likes of Dixon Bonner, who will need to play a role this season but has very little first team experience?

No, he played the likes of laird and lowe (loanees), amos (who we werent resigning) and martin.....

ainsworths judgment is consistently terrible

Good shout. The team for the Bristol game should not be forgotten. Not saying it would have made much difference today, but can't have done any harm. Playing the mercenary loan players was a joke.

GA has been dealt an unbelievably bad hand, of that there can be no doubt, but I am not sure he is doing much of a job. Smyth barely played pre season and starts today? Armstrong still not worth a start even in our terrible position?

I always thought he would be gone by October, but it could well be quicker than that.
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 18:18 - Aug 5 with 2457 viewsderbyhoop

My only 2 positives.
We drew the 2nd half.
Duke - McKenna gave us a bit more bite

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 18:19 - Aug 5 with 2437 viewsDamo1962

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 17:58 - Aug 5 by davman

Read the room, matey - the owners desperately want out.

They have been silent since they appointed Ainsworth. Silent when Sir Les left and they were never going to sack him anyway despite the pss poor job he ultimately did. Silent when Tony Pony finally fckd off. Silent when we secured Championship status last season. Even when the Training Ground opened they were there, but said nothing in interviews. Silent at the start of the season.

They are openly courting "new investors". They are cutting costs maybe to support FFP, but more likely to balance the books as they are fed up with piling their cash into the cash pit the club has become.

They may have expressed their life long love for the club six months ago, but they are looking for a way out that does not liquidate the club and for that we HAVE to be thankful. I am still 100% convinced that today is NOT the nadir you may think; worse is still yet to come. This squad is horrendously undercooked for life in the Championship and seriously needs about 8 Championship class players to make it even competitive. We are WAY short with no sign that anyone affordable and talented wants to come our way...

Perfect summation of our current plight. Just got to pray that there is someone out there wiling to take us on - both on and off the pitch. I still dislike most of these players, more than any I have seen in our shirt.
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 18:19 - Aug 5 with 2440 viewscyprusmel

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 17:07 - Aug 5 by Beckenhamhoop

Result. I’m top of the league #PredictionLeague

Me too.
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 18:39 - Aug 5 with 2132 viewsBeckenhamhoop

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 17:14 - Aug 5 by Silverfoxqpr

Along with dozens of others I'd imagine including myself. Not a dig by the way!

Only the 17 of us who predicted a 4 -0 loss on the opening day of the season. Strange times.
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 18:50 - Aug 5 with 2010 viewsGaryBannister86

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 18:39 - Aug 5 by Beckenhamhoop

Only the 17 of us who predicted a 4 -0 loss on the opening day of the season. Strange times.

I predicted 8 0 and for a horrible moment thought I was going to be right.

Still, just heard GA interviewed. "The boys gave it everything". "I'd be more concerned if we were promotion favourites and just got beat 4 0 rather than favourites to finish bottom".

He's talked us down so much it is starting to affect everyone's standards.
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 18:53 - Aug 5 with 1979 viewscyprusmel

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 18:39 - Aug 5 by Beckenhamhoop

I bet that has never happened before, so many people predicting that score line on the opening day of the season.
It just goes to show how far the QPR stock has fallen, sad days my friends.
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 19:01 - Aug 5 with 1858 viewsloftus77

Not back long: - thoughts:

The only positive - after the shock of the opening goal, we did not collapse. I thought we actually played quite nicely and more than matched them for 20mins, culminating in a decent shot charged down. There is something 'there' to build on.

The 'collapse' really happened after the 2nd goal - from there we seemed ragged and out-of-ideas. 2nd half - decent work, but Watford obviously had the 'cue on the rack' from HT onwards. It could have easily been 7 or 8 if they'd gone up a single gear at any point.

I thought Illias, Kakay, Kelman and Field all put in good shifts throughout. They did try.

Andre Dozzell - there probably is a good footballer there, but he patently doesn't want to play for us imho. Would suit both sides if he was helped to move on.

I was in 'enemy territory' so kept my head down and quiet. This was not a difficult operation. Good noise from the Rangers fans (and some necessary gallows humour 2nd half) considering what was taking place on the pitch.
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 19:05 - Aug 5 with 3297 viewsDiscodroids

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 17:19 - Aug 5 by Discodroids

Painful watching the QPR dug out during that prolonged break in the 2nd half while our player received treatment on the deck. Ainsworth looking Like a Pontins Alvin Stardust on the touchline along with his 3 chord backing Band.

I know his options are tied up tighter than John Bercow in a chastity Cage, but For the love of God QPR, employ a football manager not some Ted Bovis warm up act that old flo throws her knickers at after 2 glasses of Port.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2023 17:22]

You lot must be out of your tiny minds slagging off Gareth Ainsworth.

QPR would be crackers to sack the Green Cross Code King Rocker.

#CooCaChoo

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024