Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. 12:24 - Aug 4 with 95628 viewsconnell10

I'll go for unlikely 1-1 draw.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 17:07 - Aug 5 with 3058 viewsBeckenhamhoop

Result. I’m top of the league #PredictionLeague
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 17:08 - Aug 5 with 3028 viewsDamo1962

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 17:05 - Aug 5 by Benny_the_Ball

FT. 4-0. Bottom of the league. I'm off to drink poncha.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2023 17:09]

Lucky to get nil by the sounds of things. Thanks Watford for not completely humiliating us.
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 17:08 - Aug 5 with 3044 viewsBushRanger82

I already want this season to end.
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 17:08 - Aug 5 with 3046 viewsStanisgod

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 17:02 - Aug 5 by qprd

Extensive delay for gubbins head injury

Cheers, couldnt be bothered to trawl through

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 17:08 - Aug 5 with 3048 viewsHoopsie

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 17:04 - Aug 5 by SimonJames

In other news, if it wasn't for Wigan starting the season with a points deduction then Wycombe would be second bottom of League One.

Dieng’s boro lost at home
Wrexham lost to mk dons
Barnsley 7 Port Vale 0 - we are not the biggest losers today
[Post edited 5 Aug 2023 17:08]

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 17:08 - Aug 5 with 3042 viewsdsw2509

Look on the bright side chaps. Port Vale lost 7-0.
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 17:08 - Aug 5 with 3031 viewsconnell10

Sorry GA isn't the right bloke for us. It's a shame but it's just the way it is. Christ knows where we go from here.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 17:09 - Aug 5 with 3013 viewsdistortR

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 17:06 - Aug 5 by Dorse

Normally, there would be some option we'd all be shouting for: 'why doesn't he play x?' etc. Trouble is, we all know that 'x' simply doesn't exist. We are playing what we've got and no amount of calling for 'x' is going to change it.

We desperately needed a reasonably big fee - not even huge, just reasonable! - for Willock or Chair or Field (no, not him, anyone but him) this summer after effectively paying up contracts by selling Dickie and Dieng but it just ain't happened!

If there is another sale during this window, we have a shot at steadying things up. There is no way we rely on Dunne + 1 throughout the season at the back. Colback will be online soon, Dunne might be back sooner than we think and someone, somewhere, thinks they can get a tune out of WIllock and is prepared to back that thought with a couple of quid, we might get some new faces.

Without new faces, it's same old faeces.

No, we haven't got a good enough 11 right now, but as others have said, you try to mitigate that by playing a system and formation that stops the opposition, not waves them through time after f'cking time.
Login to get fewer ads

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 17:10 - Aug 5 with 2885 viewsBklynRanger

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 17:01 - Aug 5 by qprd

Can you blame him? Brought on in the 7th minute of stoppage time down 4-0…. If he was going to come on, it should’ve been earlier

This just highlights Ainsworth man management. Something is going on w willock and this is the way you try to get him back on your side?

I agree but he was hardly going to take the game by the scruff of the neck on 50 or 60 minutes either. I'm just sick of his face to be quite honest.
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 17:12 - Aug 5 with 2800 viewsSimonJames

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 17:00 - Aug 5 by karl

I don’t like the idea of it but tbh GA should not be in the job next week. Big problem is that it doesn’t appear that there is anyone on the staff who could put out an improved team, at least we did have Eustace previously, can’t see that it’s fair to lumber this on someone to damage their reputation.
Need to get a replacement in straight away and in all honesty who could that be without the usual protracted process?

Do you honestly think that Gaz wanted to start the season with half of this squad?
I doubt even Pep could get a win out of this bag of poo.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2023 17:12]

100% of people who drink water will die.

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 17:12 - Aug 5 with 2776 viewskarl

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 17:06 - Aug 5 by distortR

Oh, here we go. Ex-international manager throwing his hat in the ring!
If you get an interview mate, for god's sake don't be yourself.

I could sing a song, they like that
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 17:13 - Aug 5 with 2745 viewsLogman

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 17:09 - Aug 5 by distortR

No, we haven't got a good enough 11 right now, but as others have said, you try to mitigate that by playing a system and formation that stops the opposition, not waves them through time after f'cking time.

So true.
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 17:14 - Aug 5 with 2708 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 17:07 - Aug 5 by Beckenhamhoop

Result. I’m top of the league #PredictionLeague

Along with dozens of others I'd imagine including myself. Not a dig by the way!
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 17:16 - Aug 5 with 2592 viewskensalriser

Nothing going on at all. We knew we were totally undercooked to start the season but there's no apparent game plan, no application, no style of play, little effort. It was only four because Watford declared, knowing we had nothing.

The rot may have set in under Beale, but I don't remember getting thrashed game after game until Ainsworth arrived, it was mostly defeats by a single goal.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 17:18 - Aug 5 with 2529 viewsstevec

There are some positives to come out of this, we got a 0-0 draw in the second half and we’re now hot on the heels of Huddersfield and Rotherham.

All in all, not a bad days work.
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 17:19 - Aug 5 with 2491 viewsJAY

Does Gareth know that he doesn’t necessarily have to have 2 strikers on the pitch at all times? Especially away from home when you have a god awful squad as it is.
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 17:19 - Aug 5 with 2457 viewsDiscodroids

Painful watching the QPR dug out during that prolonged break in the 2nd half while our player received treatment on the deck. Ainsworth looking Like a Pontins Alvin Stardust on the touchline along with his 3 chord backing Band.

I know his options are tied up tighter than John Bercow in a chastity Cage, but For the love of God QPR, employ a football manager not some Ted Bovis warm up act that old flo throws her knickers at after 2 glasses of Port.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2023 17:22]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 17:21 - Aug 5 with 2405 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 17:12 - Aug 5 by SimonJames

Do you honestly think that Gaz wanted to start the season with half of this squad?

Today wasn't about getting the win. GA sent that team out in the wrong formation with the wrong players. Get it right, and we may lost by 1 or 2, maybe even got a lucky point to build on.
Today should have been about giving the fans hope, instead what we feared happened.

Get ready for the bullsh!t post match interview. 2nd half better, something to build on....... Watford took their foot off the gas, that's what stopped 7 or 8 going in.

Sooner GA is gone the better.
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 17:21 - Aug 5 with 2400 viewsbaz_qpr

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 17:06 - Aug 5 by Dorse

Normally, there would be some option we'd all be shouting for: 'why doesn't he play x?' etc. Trouble is, we all know that 'x' simply doesn't exist. We are playing what we've got and no amount of calling for 'x' is going to change it.

We desperately needed a reasonably big fee - not even huge, just reasonable! - for Willock or Chair or Field (no, not him, anyone but him) this summer after effectively paying up contracts by selling Dickie and Dieng but it just ain't happened!

If there is another sale during this window, we have a shot at steadying things up. There is no way we rely on Dunne + 1 throughout the season at the back. Colback will be online soon, Dunne might be back sooner than we think and someone, somewhere, thinks they can get a tune out of WIllock and is prepared to back that thought with a couple of quid, we might get some new faces.

Without new faces, it's same old faeces.

I'd settle for playing to our strengths, which is currently Chair and Willock .Beale set up 4-3-2-1 compact and yes we were on a bad run but it got the best out of what we had. All this focus on get it wide and crossing, Dykes is not prolific and never will be we need goals across the team and we need solidity in front of a weakened and slow defence
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 17:21 - Aug 5 with 2393 viewsNov77

Norris McWhirter couldn’t keep up with the amount of records we break…

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 17:22 - Aug 5 with 2353 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 16:42 - Aug 5 by qprd

Why not give a kid a few minutes?

We unfortunately need to rely on the likes of Dixon bonner this year

Give him the opportunity to learn and save fields or dykes legs (appreciate is only game 1)

More clueless management

Duke McKenna came on at half time.
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 17:23 - Aug 5 with 2329 viewsaston_hoop

Our first win last season was with the team - Dieng, Kakay, Dunne, Dickie, Paal, Johansen, Field, Amos, Chair, Willock, Dykes.

We ran 3 past Boro in the first half who finished in the playoffs. Same full backs, could pick the same front 3. Play to these players strengths and there is still a squad there of actual footballers. Yes I know we had no centre backs today, we will do though and then we'll see. This is on the manager, this is on the way Ainsworth sets us up.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 17:24 - Aug 5 with 2289 viewsAgedR

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 17:14 - Aug 5 by Silverfoxqpr

Along with dozens of others I'd imagine including myself. Not a dig by the way!

I really can’t bring myself to blame Ainsworth. Apart from brief periods of irresponsible spending influenced average spikes we have been declining for years.

Something Is Rotten in the State of Denmark!

I wrote an article in a pensions journal years ago comparing companies without a clear plan and culture with Rangers (yes I am a sad tosser who will take any opportunity to shoe horn QPR in to all parts of my life). It’s only getting worse.

We need to decide on what we want to be and then agree a fxcking plan as to how we get there.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2023 17:25]

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 17:25 - Aug 5 with 2246 viewssmudgehoop

Shocking tactics by us.

Trying to play 4-4-2 with the players we have available was just asking for trouble.

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 17:25 - Aug 5 with 3818 viewsbaz_qpr

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 17:12 - Aug 5 by SimonJames

You could give him the Man City squad if he sets a team up like that he'd get the same results
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024