Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Change in style? 09:54 - Aug 10 with 17613 viewssparkey

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/ainsworth-ready-to-change-style-as-part-of-q

If this is the case, firstly good. Secondly, why have we wasted all of pre-season working on tactics which doesn't work to our players strengths. Brain dead stuff.
Change in style? on 09:55 - Aug 10 with 8136 viewsozexile

Winging it now.
Change in style? on 09:57 - Aug 10 with 8094 viewsdmm

A full preseason wasted in terms of tactics? I'd like to see better football suited to the likes of Chair and Willock - assuming they stay - but this does feel like Ainsworth doesn't know what he's doing.
Change in style? on 09:57 - Aug 10 with 8097 viewsNorthernr

I wonder whether it might be worth letting Dobbo do the press next week
Change in style? on 10:03 - Aug 10 with 8012 viewsted_hendrix

The pragmatic move by Ainsworth will involve more of an emphasis on build-up play and getting the best out of the likes of Chris Willock and Ilias Chair.

Yea--Yea whatever....................

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Change in style? on 10:07 - Aug 10 with 7972 viewskingsburyR

Jesus wept.

Do they have a dart board in the office with different playing styles, formations and excuses which is used weekly.

GA has been out of his depth since day one.

The Cook signing is a good one, reminds me of the Ryan Nelson move but fu(k me has he got his work cut out.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Change in style? on 10:10 - Aug 10 with 7921 viewswombat

Change in style? on 10:07 - Aug 10 by kingsburyR

Jesus wept.

Do they have a dart board in the office with different playing styles, formations and excuses which is used weekly.

GA has been out of his depth since day one.

The Cook signing is a good one, reminds me of the Ryan Nelson move but fu(k me has he got his work cut out.

maybe hes more confindet of keeping chair and willock now to at least jan which means he can change the style of play to suit them , can see both sides of the argument , set us up to play through chair willock as we did at wimbledon first half , then next week both are gone so we have wasted all that prep , sets us up to play withouth them and it fails badly ala watford ,

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Change in style? on 10:10 - Aug 10 with 7904 viewsstevec

It doesn’t matter what style you play if you’re stuffed with shit footballers, they won’t be able to play it.

I assume this is a nod to the fact we are finally getting proper professionals through the door and maybe more to come.
Change in style? on 10:13 - Aug 10 with 7852 viewsWokingR

Change in style? on 10:03 - Aug 10 by ted_hendrix

The pragmatic move by Ainsworth will involve more of an emphasis on build-up play and getting the best out of the likes of Chris Willock and Ilias Chair.

I'd be happy with him getting anything out of Willock, never mind his best.
Login to get fewer ads

Change in style? on 10:18 - Aug 10 with 7816 viewsbosh67

Change in style? on 10:13 - Aug 10 by WokingR

I'd be happy with him getting anything out of Willock, never mind his best.

I think coming on in the 91st minute rather than the 96th may help him as well!!!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Change in style? on 10:41 - Aug 10 with 7646 viewsQPROslo

Change in style? on 10:10 - Aug 10 by wombat

maybe hes more confindet of keeping chair and willock now to at least jan which means he can change the style of play to suit them , can see both sides of the argument , set us up to play through chair willock as we did at wimbledon first half , then next week both are gone so we have wasted all that prep , sets us up to play withouth them and it fails badly ala watford ,

Yes I see that too, but can't really take too much notice of what he Says anymore. My understanding is that we have to sell 1 or 2 players for decent money, which I guess means Chair, Dykes, Field and Willock perhaps if he's one of two sold. If we get an offer that meets our valuation think we'll have to take it, we can hardly risk waiting til January. So don't think he can bank on having Chair and Willock around too long.
Change in style? on 10:41 - Aug 10 with 7639 viewsJames_Paddocks

Really not helping himself, is he...

The constant mixed messages are insane.
Change in style? on 10:43 - Aug 10 with 7613 viewsTheChef

So Illy and Willy have had a word have they?

We will now beat Cardiff 4-0!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Change in style? on 10:45 - Aug 10 with 7593 viewsdaveB

Will be good to see us keep the ball for more than 3 seconds from kick off, I reckon 7 this week and a goal conceded within 5 minutes

I did the Hoops & Dreams preview show last night and hard to find a new angle for the barrel of crap we watched but dug this stat out

Of the 14 games he's been in charge of so far, we have conceded in the first 6 minutes of the game 4 times, and conceded in the first 15 minutes 8 times.

Only 3 times have we not conceded in the first half, that was Norwich (although they scored 1st minute of 2nd half), Burnley, Preston and Stoke

Staggering really especially when we can't score ourselves so 8 of those 14 games it's been game over before the subs have warmed up
Change in style? on 10:53 - Aug 10 with 7486 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Literally couldn't make it up by this point...
Change in style? on 10:55 - Aug 10 with 7481 viewsPhildo

Perhaps a change in style means giving up the rocker gear and arriving at the next match on a scooter dressed as the face from Quadrophenia?
Change in style? on 10:56 - Aug 10 with 7465 viewsHAYESBOY

Change in style? on 10:03 - Aug 10 by ted_hendrix

And giving Chris Willock more than 2 minutes on the pitch might help.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Change in style? on 11:08 - Aug 10 with 7363 viewsBrianMcCarthy

No quotes, which is interesting.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Change in style? on 11:11 - Aug 10 with 7333 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I think we're two weeks away from the stadium PA bloke bellowing out: 'Making their debuts today, so give a big Loftus Road welcome to Benson and Hedges!'

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Change in style? on 11:11 - Aug 10 with 7333 viewsQPR_John

Change in style? on 11:08 - Aug 10 by BrianMcCarthy

No quotes, which is interesting.

Yes always something I look for.
Change in style? on 11:12 - Aug 10 with 7318 viewsSonofpugwash

Changing from Kick,Bollock and Bite to Bite, Bollock and Kick.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Change in style? on 11:21 - Aug 10 with 7247 viewsQPRConor2000

It just shows how tactically poor Ainsworth is and what we should have been doing in the first place.

We need to stop hoofing it and instead play a more patient style in possession.
Change in style? on 11:21 - Aug 10 with 7236 viewsHayesender

I've just started watching Ted Lasso. Ainsworth with an American accent springs to mind

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Change in style? on 11:21 - Aug 10 with 7239 viewsEsox_Lucius

Change in style? on 10:10 - Aug 10 by stevec

It doesn’t matter what style you play if you’re stuffed with shit footballers, they won’t be able to play it.

I assume this is a nod to the fact we are finally getting proper professionals through the door and maybe more to come.

Shit footballers? Have a day off. Stick to darts.

The grass is always greener.

Change in style? on 11:22 - Aug 10 with 7240 viewsngbqpr

'appy memories of 'arry binning 352 after 2 or 3 games....

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Change in style? on 11:26 - Aug 10 with 7206 viewsdaveB

Change in style? on 11:21 - Aug 10 by Hayesender

I've just started watching Ted Lasso. Ainsworth with an American accent springs to mind

I'd rather have Ted in charge, at least he makes nice biscuits
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024