Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Bristol City 02:02 - Nov 11 with 35899 viewsrbee

Looking forward to a home game, such a strange feeling.

Confident of picking up a point or three, such a strange feeling.

COME ON URRRRSSSS!
Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Bristol City on 19:29 - Nov 11 with 3160 viewsBklynRanger

Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Bristol City on 18:24 - Nov 11 by QPsyR

I totally agree re Armstrong, needs to develop big time but adds something, Kakay is appalling tho, looks like a kid who won playing on the pitch in a raffle

Christ on a bike. There have been plenty of games to criticise Ossie over, and I suspect he does it to himself anyway, but today wasn't one of them.
Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Bristol City on 19:35 - Nov 11 with 3122 viewskensalriser

Frustrating afternoon, we were the better side and would have shaded it with a little more quality in front of goal. Ditto the Rotherham game. Four points dropped, but under Gaz this would have been two points gained.

Contrary to the continued teeth gnashing around here, I think the transformation under Cifuentes is pretty remarkable. We look limited but competitive as opposed to woefully inadequate in every area. If we can stay in touch up to the window and get a striker in we should have enough to stay up.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Bristol City on 19:49 - Nov 11 with 3016 viewsQPsyR

Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Bristol City on 19:19 - Nov 11 by Rangersw12

Glad I wasn't the only one who thought Kakay was very good today

Another player who gets some unfair stick yeah he might be limited but very rarely lets us down

He must have been bad before cos everytime he I saw him he missed kicked or passed to them ?

FKA AcidPixie

Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Bristol City on 19:53 - Nov 11 with 2962 viewsNorthantsHoop

Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Bristol City on 19:49 - Nov 11 by QPsyR

He must have been bad before cos everytime he I saw him he missed kicked or passed to them ?

Watching it online today rather than at match thought we looked a lot better, passing to each other and packed central midfield, but our main problem is a lack of threat on goal. Armstrong is more likely to do something, Dykes is not.
Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Bristol City on 20:10 - Nov 11 with 2890 viewsDorse

My verdict: I've seen a lot worse.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Bristol City on 20:17 - Nov 11 with 2843 viewsQPsyR

Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Bristol City on 19:53 - Nov 11 by NorthantsHoop

Watching it online today rather than at match thought we looked a lot better, passing to each other and packed central midfield, but our main problem is a lack of threat on goal. Armstrong is more likely to do something, Dykes is not.

I agree mate, I was just talking about Kakay

FKA AcidPixie

Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Bristol City on 20:20 - Nov 11 with 2812 viewsslmrstid

Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Bristol City on 19:11 - Nov 11 by BazzaInTheLoft

As a side sour note, did anyone catch the drunk fella entering the Loft via SAR boasting about fighting at the Cenotaph today?

We also had the bizarre sight of a Tweedle Dee Tweedle Dum pair walking up and down South Africa Road repeatedly before the game holding a Union Jack flag between them, faces covered.

First time they came past they said "Fk Palestine" but only loud enough for someone they were immediately walking past to be able to hear, second time they said nothing, third time they said "Come on England".

Presumably this braindead cowardly pair were:-
1) Not brave enough to shout it out loud so everyone could hear them
2) Clearly not willing to do it at Hyde Park, literally 2 miles away
3) For some reason thought people attending QPR v Bristol City would give the slightest toss about them
4) Too dumb to think its a bit counter-intuitive to say "Come on England" whilst holding up the flag for Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

If you can't tell, I have little time for thick idiots like them.

As for the game, I'd call it a pulsating draw. But the lack of goals is going to kill us when we need these wins. We played lots of good football though, but Bristol still had the better chances late on with those crosses flying across goal. I think Ilias Chair would have had a lot of joy today though if he'd played, we missed the output he can create.
Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Bristol City on 20:41 - Nov 11 with 2693 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Bristol City on 20:20 - Nov 11 by slmrstid

We also had the bizarre sight of a Tweedle Dee Tweedle Dum pair walking up and down South Africa Road repeatedly before the game holding a Union Jack flag between them, faces covered.

First time they came past they said "Fk Palestine" but only loud enough for someone they were immediately walking past to be able to hear, second time they said nothing, third time they said "Come on England".

Presumably this braindead cowardly pair were:-
1) Not brave enough to shout it out loud so everyone could hear them
2) Clearly not willing to do it at Hyde Park, literally 2 miles away
3) For some reason thought people attending QPR v Bristol City would give the slightest toss about them
4) Too dumb to think its a bit counter-intuitive to say "Come on England" whilst holding up the flag for Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

If you can't tell, I have little time for thick idiots like them.

As for the game, I'd call it a pulsating draw. But the lack of goals is going to kill us when we need these wins. We played lots of good football though, but Bristol still had the better chances late on with those crosses flying across goal. I think Ilias Chair would have had a lot of joy today though if he'd played, we missed the output he can create.

A rarity at this club thankfully.

Agree about the match.
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Bristol City on 20:45 - Nov 11 with 2671 viewsterryb

Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Bristol City on 17:42 - Nov 11 by Rangersw12

Pen all day long

Nine times out of ten a free kick outside the area would be given for it. Once in ten would a penalty be given!

I'd have been livid to have it given against me, but equally so if a penalty hadn't been given if I'm the attacker.
Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Bristol City on 06:28 - Nov 12 with 2237 viewsLeedsR

I thought Ossie had a good game. Yes, he is a limited player, but there were lots of positives. He made plenty of good tackles, generally passed it about well and there were good bits of inter-play developing between him and Smyth. Yes he got in the way of Smyth’s shot in the 2nd half, but he put in some decent crosses - the one he completely fluffed I actually thought was pretty tricky as the ball was running away from him and he couldn’t quite get his body round it.

He was always showing for the ball, and didn’t shirk his challenges. From his abilities, not sure what more we can expect?!

Reminds me a bit of Peter Ramage in that he was never going to be the best player in the world, but you knew you’d get an honest shift from him. Rather that than the Joel Lynches of this world who could have been better, but would just ring in a performance, assuming they bothered to show up.
Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Bristol City on 07:11 - Nov 12 with 2197 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Miles better than the turds served up under GA. We were passing, moving, wanting the ball rather than treating it like a hot potatoe.

Willock starting to click, numbers in midfield, solid at the back. Just the final third killing us.
Be better when Chair and Cannon return, I imagine for Kakay and Dozzell. Would prefer EDB than Colback.

I think we'll be fine, as based on this performance there are definitely 3 worse teams than us.

Onwards and upwards.
Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Bristol City on 07:41 - Nov 12 with 2162 viewsSpongeParr

Thought we knocked it around well at times and even when it was slow, we looked calm.

2nd half we looked a lot better though, more intensity in the tackles and more overlapping.

Thought we lacked people going in behind. Those 3, whilst not letting then get a shot away (when did we last stop a team having a shot on target all game and no shots at all in the first half?!),none of them got up with play.

Looked better when Bonner came on as clearly attack minded. Richards ... did he break sweat?! Looked like he couldn't be arsed. Really disappointing.

Didn't think City were bad, I just think we were organised. They pressed pretty well and actually thought first half was interesting as both teams were a bad pass away from letting the others in.

Overall, I actually enjoyed the game for a change. We lacked an attacking edge at times, but Willocls a game fitter and Chaor to come in. 2 weeks to really drum in the patterns of play.
Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Bristol City on 08:37 - Nov 12 with 2080 viewsDorse

Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Bristol City on 06:28 - Nov 12 by LeedsR

I thought Ossie had a good game. Yes, he is a limited player, but there were lots of positives. He made plenty of good tackles, generally passed it about well and there were good bits of inter-play developing between him and Smyth. Yes he got in the way of Smyth’s shot in the 2nd half, but he put in some decent crosses - the one he completely fluffed I actually thought was pretty tricky as the ball was running away from him and he couldn’t quite get his body round it.

He was always showing for the ball, and didn’t shirk his challenges. From his abilities, not sure what more we can expect?!

Reminds me a bit of Peter Ramage in that he was never going to be the best player in the world, but you knew you’d get an honest shift from him. Rather that than the Joel Lynches of this world who could have been better, but would just ring in a performance, assuming they bothered to show up.

On that topic, WLS gave Ossie 8/10.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-qpr-bristolcity-101123

I thought he looked good yesterday, certainly better than he was earlier in the season. There was one point, in the second half, that he was desperately signalling for a pass from Smyth to put him in for a shot on goal. Don't see that too often!

You know you'll always get 100% from Ossie - hard not to love him for it. Won't (shouldn't) get picked over Cannon but he'll always give the lot.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Bristol City on 09:53 - Nov 12 with 1954 viewsNed_Kennedys

Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Bristol City on 19:11 - Nov 11 by BazzaInTheLoft

As a side sour note, did anyone catch the drunk fella entering the Loft via SAR boasting about fighting at the Cenotaph today?

Was this Paddock to Lower Loft? What time did this happen?
Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Bristol City on 10:06 - Nov 12 with 1912 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Bristol City on 09:53 - Nov 12 by Ned_Kennedys

Was this Paddock to Lower Loft? What time did this happen?

Just before turnstiles into Loft about 14:55 where it gets congested.

Didn’t see hide nor hair of him after he went through.
Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Bristol City on 10:06 - Nov 12 with 1909 viewsmart_Goblin

Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Bristol City on 17:43 - Nov 11 by Ned_Kennedys

I was right in front of it: Armstrong went down far too easily.

It was right in front of me too… it’s a penalty . At that speed any touch is going to knock him off balance and knocking him off balance is a foul.
I wasn’t sure if he kicked the floor in real time , but watching it back half a dozen times it’s a penalty.

Who actually would’ve taken the f*cling thing is another question entirely
Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Bristol City on 10:15 - Nov 12 with 1879 viewsBlue_Castello

Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Bristol City on 08:37 - Nov 12 by Dorse

On that topic, WLS gave Ossie 8/10.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-qpr-bristolcity-101123

I thought he looked good yesterday, certainly better than he was earlier in the season. There was one point, in the second half, that he was desperately signalling for a pass from Smyth to put him in for a shot on goal. Don't see that too often!

You know you'll always get 100% from Ossie - hard not to love him for it. Won't (shouldn't) get picked over Cannon but he'll always give the lot.

Kakay had a good game, in the 80 something minute I said exactly that but also said that's the kiss of death, with that he linked up well again got close to the byline and decided to put the ball into the Upper Loft, sod it I said that's what some people will remember him for not all the good stuff, oh well I guess for the people who don't like him it's going to take a hell of a lot to change their minds.....
Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Bristol City on 10:20 - Nov 12 with 1859 viewsmart_Goblin

Thought Kakay was above his par yesterday . Played well for the most part .
The player disappointing me at the moment is Colback. He looks a little uncomfortable receiving the ball to fit and is incredibly one footed. Needs to be leading through experience and talent but us doing neither . Still also looks like he could be sent off at any moment .
Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Bristol City on 10:25 - Nov 12 with 1829 viewsParkRoyalR

Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Bristol City on 10:15 - Nov 12 by Blue_Castello

Kakay had a good game, in the 80 something minute I said exactly that but also said that's the kiss of death, with that he linked up well again got close to the byline and decided to put the ball into the Upper Loft, sod it I said that's what some people will remember him for not all the good stuff, oh well I guess for the people who don't like him it's going to take a hell of a lot to change their minds.....

Kakay was superb yesterday for 85 minutes, arguably our best player and him + Smyth defended the right side superbly, passing men between each other really well,

Kakay's desire to get forward and drive up the pitch for that last cross was superb and if his legs or composure let him down that should not detract from his desire + effort to try to win the game for us.

Likewise slashed a late clearance but again should be lauded as was back on the line doing everything to defend our goal.

I've been critical of his positional play in the past but it was excellent yesterday as was his all-around performance, delighted for the lad.
Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Bristol City on 14:23 - Nov 12 with 1588 views89_50

One of more entertaining 0-0 draws I've seen.

I'm dubious as to whether we'll survive, especially given the lack of goals in the team, but if we're going to be playing like that (or at least trying to) for the rest of the season, then I can accept it.

I thought we played some really nice football at times and I was entertained.

I think Paal was probably our best player, closely followed by Field and Willock.

Was great to see Willock interested and tricky, but he's clearly not the player of 12/18 months ago.

Dykes tried and put himself about but, once more, his anticipation is non-existent. Too often in the wrong place or arriving in the right place at the wrong time.

Similar of Sinclair when he came on, annoyingly.
Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Bristol City on 15:17 - Nov 12 with 1514 viewsGaryBannister86

It was a big improvement to see us play football after all the nonsense GA served up.

I am no fan of Kakay but that was the best game I've seen him play for us. Even then interspersed with a couple of brain farts, but you can't have everything.

Anyone notice the warm ups were different, before the game and at half time? I think it was Calm out there taking them and it was good to see something new.

Final point, would be nice to get rid of the histrionics our players love to show. Smyth theatrically beating the ground "in frustration", Richards throwing his arms about trying to blame everyone else, and (most ridiculously) Sinclair putting his shirt over his head when we won a corner in the last minute. Hardly puts us in a position to react quickly or sharply and generally such a poor look I think. Small things....
Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Bristol City on 17:06 - Nov 12 with 1373 viewsQPsyR

Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Bristol City on 19:49 - Nov 11 by QPsyR

In hindsight and after re-watching some of the game, I think I was a bit harsh on Kakay. Apologies.

I actually like him and for that reason was probably scrutinising his performance way more than others.

Plus yesterday was only the second game I've seen this season (third since Burnley) and I've been pretty down on the club for a while, a culmination of the plethora of ridiculous decisions since 1995. Wanted to walk away for good and just watch Cray Wanderers, especially after reading a really well written & thought-provoking post from Esox Lucas.

I always thought the criticism leveled at Kakay in regard to the 4-year contract was unfair in comparison to Travelman. Compared to Niko he is Dave Clement. That is coming from someone with massive Finnish connections who so wanted Niko to be good and stuck with him way longer than normal people when ultimately he was the worst, most useless, and most cowardly 'footballer' I've ever had the misfortune of watching.

But anyway back to Ozzie, I was wrong to malign him to the extent I did, though he does seem to have too many errors in him currently, maybe Cifuentesc can coach that out of him? When in doubt kick it out should be the first lesson lol.

The funny thing is, watching that yesterday I felt that the QPR we want could come back.

The owners and board just need to put together a sensible and attainable mission statement with a reasonable plan for the future.

The main point should be a new ground with at least 1 more seat than the wrong un cottaging wrong un cnts who got 3K average in 1996 nonce-y wrong un cnts ....oh and the muggy nomarks from Middlesex - this is an all out war that we have to win in order to attain a sustainable future.

PLUR.....WE ARE QPR

FKA AcidPixie

Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Bristol City on 17:32 - Nov 12 with 1304 viewsdm97

Begovic looking far more at ease playing simple passes out than going long - just more blots on the copybook for this summer’s recruitment drive. Quite amazing just how unsuited this squad was to GA, and is suited to Marti. Green shoots, nothing more though.
Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Bristol City on 20:54 - Nov 12 with 1042 viewsLeedsR

Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Bristol City on 17:06 - Nov 12 by QPsyR

In hindsight and after re-watching some of the game, I think I was a bit harsh on Kakay. Apologies.

I actually like him and for that reason was probably scrutinising his performance way more than others.

Plus yesterday was only the second game I've seen this season (third since Burnley) and I've been pretty down on the club for a while, a culmination of the plethora of ridiculous decisions since 1995. Wanted to walk away for good and just watch Cray Wanderers, especially after reading a really well written & thought-provoking post from Esox Lucas.

I always thought the criticism leveled at Kakay in regard to the 4-year contract was unfair in comparison to Travelman. Compared to Niko he is Dave Clement. That is coming from someone with massive Finnish connections who so wanted Niko to be good and stuck with him way longer than normal people when ultimately he was the worst, most useless, and most cowardly 'footballer' I've ever had the misfortune of watching.

But anyway back to Ozzie, I was wrong to malign him to the extent I did, though he does seem to have too many errors in him currently, maybe Cifuentesc can coach that out of him? When in doubt kick it out should be the first lesson lol.

The funny thing is, watching that yesterday I felt that the QPR we want could come back.

The owners and board just need to put together a sensible and attainable mission statement with a reasonable plan for the future.

The main point should be a new ground with at least 1 more seat than the wrong un cottaging wrong un cnts who got 3K average in 1996 nonce-y wrong un cnts ....oh and the muggy nomarks from Middlesex - this is an all out war that we have to win in order to attain a sustainable future.

PLUR.....WE ARE QPR

Fair play for holding your hand up re Ossie. I think you actually hit the nail on the head there in that with Cifuentes and now Calm, he’ll have had some proper coaching tailored to his skills and deficiencies. He’s a player I think you can coach “up” and as a result he, and others, will improve.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2023 20:56]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024