Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A little tribute to my Dad 00:48 - Nov 19 with 9995 viewsNed_Kennedys

My Dad died yesterday: he was a wonderful father and was married to my Mum for over 57 years.
My family were blessed to have him for so long and he will be missed so much.
As with many of us on here my Dad helped fuel my love of QPR.

Dad went as a kid to see his local team in Bournemouth, and when he first moved to London he went to see Tottenham in the mid Sixties with his mates. They also managed to get tickets for most of England’s World Cup matches at Wembley: he married my Mum later that year. Football had to take a back seat over the next years as they started raising a family and money was tight.

Unfortunately for him his eldest boy decided at a very early age that QPR was his team: he took me to my first game in 1978 (0-0 v Leeds) and I was hooked. We went to a number of Rangers games over the next few years and bless him also a few Tottenham ones as well as I think he was hoping I could be swayed but it wasn’t going to happen!

We got our first season tickets in 1981 and over forty years later we still have them. Over the years I have spent periods living outside London and couldn’t make many games so my brother went with Dad who always phoned me on the way home with a full report of the game.

Over the last few years he went to fewer and fewer games due to struggling to walk distances but always renewed: he loved going to games with his sons.

However good or bad QPR have been over the decades they have provided us with so much precious family time together and amazing memories and I really will miss the days out and long QPR chats with my Dad.

None of you will know my Dad but a lot of you will recognise the QPR connection I think.

God bless you Dad and thank you.

[Post edited 20 Nov 2023 9:40]
A little tribute to my Dad on 01:28 - Nov 19 with 7666 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Beautiful moving post there Ned_Kennedys what an incredible father he sounds like .
Condolences to your entite family wishing you strenght in the days and months ahead
RIP
A little tribute to my Dad on 02:24 - Nov 19 with 7631 viewsSonofNorfolt

Exactly right.
There's blood family and there's Rangers family.
The amount of funerals I've been to over the last few years leads me to believe that both are equally as important.
RIP
A little tribute to my Dad on 02:49 - Nov 19 with 7617 viewsLblock

My sincere condolences to you and your family

I’m glad you had the honour and privilege to have had a wonderful Dad and you’ve happy memories to treasure. That was a lovely tribute and what a top man he sounded.

RIP

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

A little tribute to my Dad on 07:11 - Nov 19 with 7542 viewsdmm

My heart goes out to you, your family and friends. Cherish your beautiful memories, they are some of the most valuable things you will carry with you.

Thank you for posting at such a difficult time. It means a lot to the QPR family.
A little tribute to my Dad on 08:20 - Nov 19 with 7468 viewsBlackCrowe

Best wishes to you and your family Ned. x

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

A little tribute to my Dad on 08:28 - Nov 19 with 7454 viewsRangersDave

My sincerest Ned, stay strong mate.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

A little tribute to my Dad on 09:09 - Nov 19 with 7390 viewsessextaxiboy

Thinking of you and your family Ned , look after yourselves in the coming days . Life goes on but is never quite the same . RIP

ETB
A little tribute to my Dad on 09:19 - Nov 19 with 7375 viewsDiscodroids

Even Lennie peters in a sensory deprivation tank can see that you had a deep bond with the old man, so mate, Make sure you look after yourself over the coming weeks.. I went radio rental Blitzkrieg for a month or so after i lost East Ham Dave 4 years ago, this new years eve.

Ned my Friend, Your Dad is now settling in for his long sleep by the light of his new Sun. Hopefully your dad can ask my old man where he hid lonnie Donegans skiffle board that he signed for him at the ramJam club in 1963. It must be worth a bit of gelt on E bay. ;-)

RIP

xx
[Post edited 19 Nov 2023 9:43]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Login to get fewer ads

A little tribute to my Dad on 09:27 - Nov 19 with 7352 viewseastside_r

My thoughts are with you.
A little tribute to my Dad on 09:27 - Nov 19 with 7352 viewsBlue_Castello

Very moving post Ned and my thoughts are with you, we lost our Dad very suddenly in 1973 it was truly the most gut wrenching thing, I've never told the story on here it's always felt so personal but I will try and find the time in the not too distant.

Take care of yourself and your family and cherish the memories that you shared, he will love the fact that you keep following the team through thick and thinner, condolences and best wishes.
A little tribute to my Dad on 09:40 - Nov 19 with 7305 viewsted_hendrix

Sympathy and condolences at this tough time.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

A little tribute to my Dad on 09:46 - Nov 19 with 7292 viewshook_hoops

A lovely tribute to your Dad. Sincerest condolences to you, Ned.
A little tribute to my Dad on 10:04 - Nov 19 with 7249 viewsbosh67

A beautiful tribute to your dad.

Your relationship is very similar to what I had with my dad and similar circumstances. Stay strong and remember you were blessed to have that time together and that one thing our crazy football team does is bond us as family and to each other. QPR, beyond the football is 'our family' and collectively we send love to you and your family.

RIP to your dad and keep strong x
[Post edited 19 Nov 2023 23:28]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

A little tribute to my Dad on 10:21 - Nov 19 with 7208 viewsconnell10

Lovely tribute mate , I lost my dad a few years back and still miss the silly old sod! Stay strong and let your happy memories get you through this traumatic part of your life . RiP

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

A little tribute to my Dad on 10:57 - Nov 19 with 7160 viewsflynnbo

RIP to your dad, Ned.
A little tribute to my Dad on 11:18 - Nov 19 with 7120 viewsdannyblue

My condolences. Rest in peace
A little tribute to my Dad on 11:45 - Nov 19 with 7081 viewsTrom

Very sorry for your loss.

Your tribute to your Dad chimed with me as it's very similar to mine with my Dad who passed away last year.
A little tribute to my Dad on 12:23 - Nov 19 with 7041 viewsloftboy

My condolences RIP

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

A little tribute to my Dad on 12:25 - Nov 19 with 7035 viewsBrianMcCarthy

A lovely tribute, Ned. Fair play. He raised you well.

My sympathies to you and to your family.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam uasal.
RIP.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

A little tribute to my Dad on 12:41 - Nov 19 with 7013 viewsQPRSteve

Condolences. Sounds like a lovely man.
A little tribute to my Dad on 12:57 - Nov 19 with 6987 viewsSnipper

Ned, that was a very moving message, and it was an absolute privilege to read it.

I hope you and your family find the strength to get through this difficult time.

May your dad Rest in Eternal Peace. 🙏❤️
A little tribute to my Dad on 13:14 - Nov 19 with 6954 viewsBklynRanger

Lovely words Ned, your dad would be very proud reading that I'm sure.

RIP
A little tribute to my Dad on 13:29 - Nov 19 with 6928 viewsnewgolddream

Wonderful tribute to your Dad. May he rest in peace.
A little tribute to my Dad on 14:22 - Nov 19 with 6830 viewsthemodfather

sad news, RIP and condolences to you and your family.
A little tribute to my Dad on 14:55 - Nov 19 with 6794 viewshantssi

What a lovely tribute to my dad.
Much like you it was my dad that got me in the R’s and I praise and curse him in equal measures.
He passed away nearly 15 years ago now so missed our return to the Prem, Play Off win at Wembley but got to see them win in 67and when we went through his stuff we found all the Sunday papers from the day after!
RIP
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024