Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Betting suspended on a Top Six finish? 01:07 - Dec 6 with 16643 viewsBrisbaneR

I just logged onto my SportsBet account to see what price we are for a top six finish (I know, I know...).

Every other team in the league has a price against them apart from Rangers...betting suspended. Have we struck that much fear into the competition/bookies that they won't even offer a price?

I'm only looking to put a couple of $'s on as you just never know, so I think they should be able to cover that.
Betting suspended on a Top Six finish? on 01:13 - Dec 6 with 14083 viewsnumptydumpty

I was going put a bet on QPR to get in top half short time ago, could have got 40 to 1.

Did put it on after Stoke game. Put £20 at 28 to 1.

Think best now is 12 to 1.

Only nine points behind so not a complete impossibility and 27 games left
[Post edited 6 Dec 2023 1:18]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Betting suspended on a Top Six finish? on 01:29 - Dec 6 with 14044 viewsAirtomoreira

There's currently £10 available at 29/1 on Betfair Exchange for us to finish top 6
Betting suspended on a Top Six finish? on 02:03 - Dec 6 with 13986 viewsQPerthR

It has been Sus for me for 2 weeks when I tried to bet on it , I took 50s on Ladbrokes and I’m on $30k for promotion with Sportsbet 🤭
Betting suspended on a Top Six finish? on 06:04 - Dec 6 with 13850 viewsSimplyNico

Top 6 finish with William Hill is 250/1
Betting suspended on a Top Six finish? on 07:49 - Dec 6 with 13650 viewsstevec

Betting suspended on a Top Six finish? on 06:04 - Dec 6 by SimplyNico

Top 6 finish with William Hill is 250/1

Which is about right.

We are about one losing game away from needing 2 points a game for the rest of the season or, as it’s more commonly known, Champions form, just to reach the top 6.

It ain’t going to happen.
Betting suspended on a Top Six finish? on 08:00 - Dec 6 with 13655 viewsWokingR

Betting suspended on a Top Six finish? on 07:49 - Dec 6 by stevec

Which is about right.

We are about one losing game away from needing 2 points a game for the rest of the season or, as it’s more commonly known, Champions form, just to reach the top 6.

Well that's Christmas ruined.
Thanks Steve.
Betting suspended on a Top Six finish? on 08:02 - Dec 6 with 13650 viewsHunterhoop

Exactly.

The chances of us making the play offs are extremely slim. We probably need 56 more points in 27 games. It’s not going to happen. That is table topping form (full year run rate of 95 points). Unless your getting big 3 figure odds, it’s a bad bet.

Top half is a completely different beast, given you might be 12th with only 40 more points. That is possible.

For the minute, let’s just get out of the bottom 3.
Betting suspended on a Top Six finish? on 08:34 - Dec 6 with 13568 viewsconnell10

Which is about right.

Yes but they said the chances of anything coming from Mars was a million to one ......look how that ended up!!!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Login to get fewer ads

Betting suspended on a Top Six finish? on 08:42 - Dec 6 with 13524 viewsdmm

I'm not a betting man but what are the current odds of us surviving the drop?

The average number of points needed to finish 21st over the past 12 seasons is 47. So we need something like 31 more points in 27 games - 1.15 points per game. If we sustain our current form under Cifuentes we'd comfortably survive finishing on 59 points.
Betting suspended on a Top Six finish? on 09:26 - Dec 6 with 13392 viewsWokingR

Betting suspended on a Top Six finish? on 08:42 - Dec 6 by dmm

I'm not a betting man but what are the current odds of us surviving the drop?

The average number of points needed to finish 21st over the past 12 seasons is 47. So we need something like 31 more points in 27 games - 1.15 points per game. If we sustain our current form under Cifuentes we'd comfortably survive finishing on 59 points.

Betting suspended on a Top Six finish? on 09:30 - Dec 6 with 13355 viewsWatford_Ranger

For a bit of fun and as I had a random few quid in an account I had £2 at 500/1 on top six and loose change on 2750/1 to win the playoffs. It’s not happening but more than paid for by what I cashed out on my relegation bet.
Betting suspended on a Top Six finish? on 09:43 - Dec 6 with 13282 viewsderbyhoop

Which is about right.

Merry Christmas to you too, Steve.
Cheered me up no end.

Even if I know you're right.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Betting suspended on a Top Six finish? on 10:00 - Dec 6 with 13185 viewsstevec

Betting suspended on a Top Six finish? on 09:43 - Dec 6 by derbyhoop

Merry Christmas to you too, Steve.
Cheered me up no end.

Even if I know you're right.

Yeah sorry chaps, sometimes you’ve got to be cruel to be kind.

Watch us go on a massive run now!
Betting suspended on a Top Six finish? on 10:47 - Dec 6 with 12968 viewsHunterhoop

Betting suspended on a Top Six finish? on 10:00 - Dec 6 by stevec

That’s the only reason to place the bet; so you can cash out when the price shortens after we go on a good run.

Problem is the price is way too short already.
Betting suspended on a Top Six finish? on 10:50 - Dec 6 with 12941 viewsRangersw12

Got 500/1 a couple of weeks ago
Betting suspended on a Top Six finish? on 11:25 - Dec 6 with 12754 viewshoops_legend

Betting suspended on a Top Six finish? on 10:00 - Dec 6 by stevec

The only way to be happy is bet some money on us getting relegated

That was if so you earn some money

If we don’t then you will be happy we survived
Betting suspended on a Top Six finish? on 11:41 - Dec 6 with 12670 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Betting suspended on a Top Six finish? on 10:50 - Dec 6 by Rangersw12

Got 500/1 a couple of weeks ago

Is there a book on us 'not making the POs'?

It's a 'kin tall ask to see QPR make up sixteen places by 4 May.

Then again, it's just the type of stupid thing we'd do.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Betting suspended on a Top Six finish? on 11:50 - Dec 6 with 12605 viewsswisscottage

Looking at our next four matches and the way we're improving it's not inconceivable we'll get 9 or 10 points, and if that included a win over Hull, then we'd be no more than 10 points off 6th I reckon

I know I'm deluded, and its the hope that kill us, but I'm going to keep dreaming about getting to 6th and 6 grand come May until we're at 2.3 points per game required :).
Betting suspended on a Top Six finish? on 11:51 - Dec 6 with 12602 viewsDieByYourSide

Betting suspended on a Top Six finish? on 01:13 - Dec 6 by numptydumpty

I was going put a bet on QPR to get in top half short time ago, could have got 40 to 1.

Did put it on after Stoke game. Put £20 at 28 to 1.

Think best now is 12 to 1.

Only nine points behind so not a complete impossibility and 27 games left
[Post edited 6 Dec 2023 1:18]

14pts, not 9 sadly.

Poll: And it's hi ho

Betting suspended on a Top Six finish? on 11:56 - Dec 6 with 12538 viewsQPR_Hibs

Betting suspended on a Top Six finish? on 11:51 - Dec 6 by DieByYourSide

14pts, not 9 sadly.

9 to get into top HALF.
14 for top 6.

His bet is for top HALF.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Betting suspended on a Top Six finish? on 12:08 - Dec 6 with 12460 viewsDieByYourSide

Shown myself up there

Poll: And it's hi ho

Betting suspended on a Top Six finish? on 14:54 - Dec 6 with 12011 viewskensalriser

I love this. Just two wins, we're still four points adrift in the relegation zone and there's actually a slightly serious conversation about the prospects of finishing in the top 6. There's an argument here that football fans should be barred from certain occupations.

I do think we'll stay up though.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Betting suspended on a Top Six finish? on 15:21 - Dec 6 with 11899 viewsCamberleyR

Betting suspended on a Top Six finish? on 14:54 - Dec 6 by kensalriser

I love this. Just two wins, we're still four points adrift in the relegation zone and there's actually a slightly serious conversation about the prospects of finishing in the top 6. There's an argument here that football fans should be barred from certain occupations.

I do think we'll stay up though.

Doesn't hurt to dream a tiny bit. I bet many Nottingham Forest fans weren't thinking of play offs when they were rock bottom with four points from eight games when Cooper took over.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Betting suspended on a Top Six finish? on 15:45 - Dec 6 with 11795 viewsrobith

Truly, nothing like a QPR fan for getting carried away. We're not even in a relegation battle yet and people are handing money to the bookies for top 6 finishes
Betting suspended on a Top Six finish? on 15:56 - Dec 6 with 11730 viewsAntti_Heinola

Betting suspended on a Top Six finish? on 15:45 - Dec 6 by robith

Truly, nothing like a QPR fan for getting carried away. We're not even in a relegation battle yet and people are handing money to the bookies for top 6 finishes

is a bit mad. still a v high chance of relegation, even if Marti works some miracles. Top 6 is bonkers. I'd say top 12 is bonkers and out of reach weeks ago.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024