Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sir Tim…. 14:32 - Dec 30 with 13498 viewscolinallcars

Well, we had Sir Tom, now Spoons owner Tim Martin knighted.
He's had a fair bit of help from me.
Sir Tim…. on 05:20 - Dec 31 with 2040 viewsE17hoop

Sir Tim…. on 19:56 - Dec 30 by Jimthehip

Its fine. I know I'm offending most of you home owning "aspirational" class people.

its wild too because so many of you will complain about "my freeze peach" being "stolen by dem woke" but you'll suddenly worry about moderators being overworked when its convenient for you to stope someone saying something truthful.

the open genocide of Palestine and indigenous semitic people, streamed online for everyone to see will end Britain. We won't recover from this. Mark my words.

Re-read the post from Clive:
However... It’s a football message board. It’s not here for Hunter Biden’s fcking laptop conspiracy nutjobs, or Laurence Fox videos. You’ve got all manner of other places on the internet for that, I think the vast majority of people here don’t want to be subjected to it on a QPR site...

And

I often get messages after this offering help with moderation. I don't want moderators. I don't want an overly moderated message board. What I want, and what I need, is for us all to remember, however passionate an argument or debate gets or however much you fundamentally hate or disagree with what people are saying, that this is a football and QPR message board and all of us on here (bar a couple of Brentford lurkers and Konk) are football and QPR fans in the end, and it's really not that serious. It's just football guys, that's all it is. However much I might wind you up, however often you disagree with me, however much I irritate you, I’m a QPR fan too, just trying to provide this site and service for you all to use and enjoy. Let’s just try and maintain that level of solidarity and respect for each other at all times.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Sir Tim…. on 05:47 - Dec 31 with 2010 viewsSuperhoops2808

Sir Tim…. on 05:20 - Dec 31 by E17hoop

Re-read the post from Clive:
However... It’s a football message board. It’s not here for Hunter Biden’s fcking laptop conspiracy nutjobs, or Laurence Fox videos. You’ve got all manner of other places on the internet for that, I think the vast majority of people here don’t want to be subjected to it on a QPR site...

And

I often get messages after this offering help with moderation. I don't want moderators. I don't want an overly moderated message board. What I want, and what I need, is for us all to remember, however passionate an argument or debate gets or however much you fundamentally hate or disagree with what people are saying, that this is a football and QPR message board and all of us on here (bar a couple of Brentford lurkers and Konk) are football and QPR fans in the end, and it's really not that serious. It's just football guys, that's all it is. However much I might wind you up, however often you disagree with me, however much I irritate you, I’m a QPR fan too, just trying to provide this site and service for you all to use and enjoy. Let’s just try and maintain that level of solidarity and respect for each other at all times.

I posted that for him on page one... Don't worry, you cannot fix stupid. The poster has only been here since November, hopefully they f**k off as quickly. I think the avatar has been there for a few weeks hoping to get a response and sadly someone gave them one
Sir Tim…. on 08:24 - Dec 31 with 1922 viewstraininvain

Sir Tim…. on 20:06 - Dec 30 by Metallica_Hoop

The Knight's Templar did a mean breakfast when I worked in Fleet Street (the spoons pub not the order, though my building was built on their former stable or forge).
The secret of Spoons breakfast (the bar manager told me) is some like them have a kitchen and cook the food others like 'Pendrel's Oak' don't and basically heat frozen food.

Closed now sadly, I think another chain bought it.

Spoons didn’t renew the lease as they’ve got the Pendrel’s Oak nearby that has lower operating costs (smaller pub, not listed building etc) and they felt that trade could be consolidated into the one venue.

The ‘chain’ who have taken over the Knights Templar (now the Last Judgment) have a couple of pubs in the midlands and two in London so not quite on the same scale as Spoons who have 850+ pubs. Worth a visit if you’re in the area.
Sir Tim…. on 08:42 - Dec 31 with 1898 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Sir Tim…. on 08:24 - Dec 31 by traininvain

Spoons didn’t renew the lease as they’ve got the Pendrel’s Oak nearby that has lower operating costs (smaller pub, not listed building etc) and they felt that trade could be consolidated into the one venue.

The ‘chain’ who have taken over the Knights Templar (now the Last Judgment) have a couple of pubs in the midlands and two in London so not quite on the same scale as Spoons who have 850+ pubs. Worth a visit if you’re in the area.

Thanks for the info.

I'm sometimes up there doing a history walk or pub crawl so I'll make sure we pop in to check it out. Lovely old bank building I'm not surprised it's listed.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Sir Tim…. on 09:20 - Dec 31 with 1821 viewsjoe90

For those interested in the wonderful carpets found in Wetherspoons:

https://www.wetherspoonscarpets.co.uk/
Sir Tim…. on 09:32 - Dec 31 with 1802 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Sir Tim…. on 05:47 - Dec 31 by Superhoops2808

I posted that for him on page one... Don't worry, you cannot fix stupid. The poster has only been here since November, hopefully they f**k off as quickly. I think the avatar has been there for a few weeks hoping to get a response and sadly someone gave them one

It doesn’t look like you’ve read Clive’s post either!

I used to think politics stirred people up to say horrible things to each other on this forum, but to be honest it’s prevalent all the way through on every subject.

You might not like what this poster says, or you might think politics doesn’t belong on this forum, but he (I assume) has been called a crank, self hating, and just now stupid. I don’t think that’s necessary. I think it’s fair to say it’s stretched to bullying at times.

This is a great service for QPR fans, but ultimately it’s voluntary.

Anyway lads, I’m due a break, so have a lovely New Year filled with 20 goal a season strikers and winning runs.

Frohes Neues Jahr 🎇
Sir Tim…. on 09:55 - Dec 31 with 1767 viewsGus_iom

Sir Tim…. on 09:32 - Dec 31 by BazzaInTheLoft

I used to think politics stirred people up to say horrible things to each other on this forum, but to be honest it’s prevalent all the way through on every subject.

You might not like what this poster says, or you might think politics doesn’t belong on this forum, but he (I assume) has been called a crank, self hating, and just now stupid. I don’t think that’s necessary. I think it’s fair to say it’s stretched to bullying at times.

Anyway lads, I’m due a break, so have a lovely New Year filled with 20 goal a season strikers and winning runs.

Frohes Neues Jahr 🎇

Tbf baz, he's called anyone who doesn't agree with him - or is English, by implication - brainwashed and stupid, so it's not surprising people have responded. It's actually been very restrained, tbh.
Sir Tim…. on 10:28 - Dec 31 with 1687 viewsSuperhoops2808

Frohes Neues Jahr 🎇

Maybe read the whole thread before posting this.

I asked him nicely and was insulted. Didn't say anything then did you. I didn't abuse him in my original post but politely pointed him towards Clives post. But I was greeted with an otherwise uninvited assumption about me. Did you pull him up then? Nope I thought not.

Anyway, you're on your self imposed attention seeking break now so you wont read this. Pull up the people that have ORIGINALLY insulted him at the time.
Login to get fewer ads

Sir Tim…. on 10:40 - Dec 31 with 1675 viewsNed_Kennedys

Sir Tim…. on 19:45 - Dec 30 by Mick_S

Pint and microwave breakfast at 9:00 tomorrow morning anyone? In Slough if you are interested.

Doesn’t get any better than that.

Ah The Moon and Spoon: pretty much the only pub still open in the town centre nowadays.

Used to be about 30 pubs and bars when I grew up there: an exciting night out albeit with a large hint of violence around the corner.
Sir Tim…. on 11:07 - Dec 31 with 1621 viewsNoDiddley

Sir Tim…. on 21:59 - Dec 30 by essextaxiboy

I was playing at Tilbury Town one evening , I stopped at an off licence to ask directions . All the booze was behind iron grilles and the two women in there had 5 o clock shadows. It wasnt too long ago that some of the docker clubs had a boxing ring to sort out differences of opinion .

I lived there for 30 years, the most insular place imaginable, you had to get to know the nutters & befriend them!
Sir Tim…. on 11:31 - Dec 31 with 1582 viewsDiscodroids

Meeting some mates Lunchtime today at the Elms Wetherspoons in leigh on Sea.

Stocked up on Kendall mint cake , Seal Blubber and Herman Goering's Temmler-Werke issued Benzadrine pervitin, to sustain me on the long trips to the Wetherspoons Armitage shanks piss house after every 2 pints of San Miguel.

New years eve is a funny old time for me. I Lost my best friend and dad, East ham Dave on a new years eve and i remember a new years eve in a rehab center in Dorset back in 2002, when i was putting Keith moon to shame with my event horizon pharmaceutical usage.

l spent that news years eve in this Clinical sparten THX-1138 style building where all the Rehab staff wore grey linen in Khmer Rouge style uniforms and they made me go on the Clay potters wheel all afternoon.

Unfortunately I was still charged up to the Pineal gland on off-the-rock petrol washed Bugle that i smuggled in up my arse, and spent 9 hours on that potters wheel that New years eve without a single break ..

I've still got 38 winston churchill toby jugs in the loft.

Happy new year to all those using a Wetherspoons Today!. god bless us, Each and everyone!
[Post edited 31 Dec 2023 12:14]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Sir Tim…. on 11:59 - Dec 31 with 1528 viewsNorthernr

Christ, sorry, I thought a thread about pub carpets would be pretty safe, but nah.
Thread stays on topic please or gets locked.
Sir Tim…. on 12:07 - Dec 31 with 1501 viewsGroveR

Sir Tim…. on 15:45 - Dec 30 by bosh67

Nice touch from Buckingham Palace to make the carpets sticky for his investiture.

The ceremony will be conducted by a fella named Gorbals Mick using a heavy glass ashtray rather than a sword.
Sir Tim…. on 12:15 - Dec 31 with 1491 viewsHoopinEssex

Sir Tim…. on 19:59 - Dec 30 by Jimthehip

Crank? which bit is false? Anything to avoid the subject.

The whole thing can be seen. dead kids after dead kids with "Israeli"politicians telling you they are going to kill everyone

and yes, the killing I see makes me cry my eyes out. I can't sleep, can't think straight because this whole thing is faking devastating.

I have never seen anything so revolting in my life. It'shameful that this is a big drag for you that you're put out because you have to read about it.

Give it a rest.

A light hearted thread about weatherspoons turns into a thread about Gaza,Brexit and the royal family.

If it bothers you that much get yourself over there and leave others to talk football.

But then again we are all idiots I guess
Sir Tim…. on 12:16 - Dec 31 with 1456 viewsDamo1962

Sir Tim…. on 17:33 - Dec 30 by paulparker

Bloodthirsty and Genocidal and this coming from a bloke with a Palestinian flag as his avatar

Self awareness isn't a strong point of lefties.
Sir Tim…. on 15:30 - Dec 31 with 1287 viewsBoston

Knighthood, at one ninety nine a pint he deserves a Sainthood!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Sir Tim…. on 15:42 - Dec 31 with 1250 viewsNoDiddley

Sir Tim…. on 11:31 - Dec 31 by Discodroids

Meeting some mates Lunchtime today at the Elms Wetherspoons in leigh on Sea.

Stocked up on Kendall mint cake , Seal Blubber and Herman Goering's Temmler-Werke issued Benzadrine pervitin, to sustain me on the long trips to the Wetherspoons Armitage shanks piss house after every 2 pints of San Miguel.

New years eve is a funny old time for me. I Lost my best friend and dad, East ham Dave on a new years eve and i remember a new years eve in a rehab center in Dorset back in 2002, when i was putting Keith moon to shame with my event horizon pharmaceutical usage.

l spent that news years eve in this Clinical sparten THX-1138 style building where all the Rehab staff wore grey linen in Khmer Rouge style uniforms and they made me go on the Clay potters wheel all afternoon.

Unfortunately I was still charged up to the Pineal gland on off-the-rock petrol washed Bugle that i smuggled in up my arse, and spent 9 hours on that potters wheel that New years eve without a single break ..

I've still got 38 winston churchill toby jugs in the loft.

Happy new year to all those using a Wetherspoons Today!. god bless us, Each and everyone!
[Post edited 31 Dec 2023 12:14]

Have you ever tried the Basildon one? Moon over the water or suchlike, went in there a good few years ago on a Friday afternoon, about 5ish these 2 burly fellas wearing black shirts & armbands asked us to vacate the stools we were sitting on. When we asked why, they just replied “To stop the drunk fcukers hitting each over the head with them later on”
Nice
Sir Tim…. on 16:05 - Dec 31 with 1199 viewsR_from_afar

Sir Tim…. on 11:59 - Dec 31 by Northernr

Christ, sorry, I thought a thread about pub carpets would be pretty safe, but nah.
Thread stays on topic please or gets locked.

Surely you can make an exception for a gripping update on what Sue Perkins has been doing lately?

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Sir Tim…. on 16:28 - Dec 31 with 1163 viewsloftboy

Spoons here in Lowestoft “TheJoseph Conrad” has decent beer and the food is cooked pretty well as well, you’re never going to get Michelin star but who wants to eat that ponsey shite anyhow?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Sir Tim…. on 16:38 - Dec 31 with 1143 viewsderbyhoop

Sir Tim…. on 16:28 - Dec 31 by loftboy

Spoons here in Lowestoft “TheJoseph Conrad” has decent beer and the food is cooked pretty well as well, you’re never going to get Michelin star but who wants to eat that ponsey shite anyhow?

The whole honours system is a farce that should have been kicked into touch years ago. Tim seems to have got a knighthood for promoting Brexit and exploiting cheap labour to build a business.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Sir Tim…. on 17:12 - Dec 31 with 1076 viewscolinallcars

Sir Tim…. on 16:28 - Dec 31 by loftboy

Great name for a pub The Joseph Conrad. I hope they have references to him around the pub ?
I use the William Morris in Hammersmith and there are lots of pictures and anecdotes on the walls.
Sir Tim…. on 17:37 - Dec 31 with 1043 viewsloftboy

Sir Tim…. on 17:12 - Dec 31 by colinallcars

Great name for a pub The Joseph Conrad. I hope they have references to him around the pub ?
I use the William Morris in Hammersmith and there are lots of pictures and anecdotes on the walls.

Yes they do along with loads of old photos of Lowestoft when it was a thriving port.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Sir Tim…. on 19:17 - Dec 31 with 912 viewsJimthehip

Frohes Neues Jahr 🎇

It's amazing isn't it?

The free speech guys are the first to pull out the "oh no football and politics doesn't mix" when it comes to brown kids being genocided and burnt to shreds (i have videos of kids bodies charred to crisp and dozens of then on my socials)... and yeah, the ad hominems and the "ooh he just wants attention" posts. It's stunning how liberals and conservatives go 180 on a subject when it suits them!

It's true that I began posting in November but I've read loft for words for over a decade. What made me post (and yeah intentionally bring up Palestine) was the post on here in October by one the right-wing "patriots" who "would die for free speech" saying that felting fans should be ashamed for waving Palestinian flags. There were no "ooh football and politics doesnt mix" comments then.

Now, these posters arethe ones whom over the last decade have been all about "freedom", and against the "immigrants forcing their will on us" and "anti-free speech woke brigade" and pro national self-determination.. Well, my fellow "antisemitic corbynista britain-hater", you are my star witness- here is a golden chance for these patriots to show that they stand by what they say. A literal invading colonising 76 year old occupation killing kids and women to the tune of tens of thousands is happening. This is there chance to show they support self determination and and a dismay for oppression. But no, they like all liberals and conservative and just like South Africa and Ireland, the Liberal will always side with coloniser. The free speech warriors are perfectly happy watching people being silenced and will gladly look away from the evidence and recorded history.

I want people on here to see who they are. I want them to look reality in the face. I want them to know that "but hamas" is the language of the brainwashed and pripagandised and is, given just a tiny amount of research and intellectual honesty can be shown to lies But I want them to know most of all, that we see you. Tens of millions of working class people of all faiths in this country have the guts that you don't and that hundreds of millions around the world are not as brainwashed as you.

And haha yeah don't worry about the insults - I've had death threats on my social media and have seen accounts of police arresting people fir exposing the genocide of Palestinians. A few liberals and conservatives throwing insults on a qpr forum ain't gonna stop me.

Come to the march on the 13th. We had a million in London in November

Happy new year to everyone
Sir Tim…. on 19:33 - Dec 31 with 880 viewsBoston

Sir Tim…. on 19:17 - Dec 31 by Jimthehip

It's amazing isn't it?

The free speech guys are the first to pull out the "oh no football and politics doesn't mix" when it comes to brown kids being genocided and burnt to shreds (i have videos of kids bodies charred to crisp and dozens of then on my socials)... and yeah, the ad hominems and the "ooh he just wants attention" posts. It's stunning how liberals and conservatives go 180 on a subject when it suits them!

It's true that I began posting in November but I've read loft for words for over a decade. What made me post (and yeah intentionally bring up Palestine) was the post on here in October by one the right-wing "patriots" who "would die for free speech" saying that felting fans should be ashamed for waving Palestinian flags. There were no "ooh football and politics doesnt mix" comments then.

Now, these posters arethe ones whom over the last decade have been all about "freedom", and against the "immigrants forcing their will on us" and "anti-free speech woke brigade" and pro national self-determination.. Well, my fellow "antisemitic corbynista britain-hater", you are my star witness- here is a golden chance for these patriots to show that they stand by what they say. A literal invading colonising 76 year old occupation killing kids and women to the tune of tens of thousands is happening. This is there chance to show they support self determination and and a dismay for oppression. But no, they like all liberals and conservative and just like South Africa and Ireland, the Liberal will always side with coloniser. The free speech warriors are perfectly happy watching people being silenced and will gladly look away from the evidence and recorded history.

I want people on here to see who they are. I want them to look reality in the face. I want them to know that "but hamas" is the language of the brainwashed and pripagandised and is, given just a tiny amount of research and intellectual honesty can be shown to lies But I want them to know most of all, that we see you. Tens of millions of working class people of all faiths in this country have the guts that you don't and that hundreds of millions around the world are not as brainwashed as you.

And haha yeah don't worry about the insults - I've had death threats on my social media and have seen accounts of police arresting people fir exposing the genocide of Palestinians. A few liberals and conservatives throwing insults on a qpr forum ain't gonna stop me.

I'd contact the Samaritans if I were you, oh hang on...
[Post edited 31 Dec 2023 19:34]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Sir Tim…. on 20:06 - Dec 31 with 837 viewsNoDiddley

Sir Tim…. on 19:17 - Dec 31 by Jimthehip

It's amazing isn't it?

Just curious, what’s Jimthehip relate to? Replacement or hippy?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024