Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sinclair Armstrong 18:23 - Jan 20 with 10961 viewstraininvain

He’s starting to look a real handful and gradually scoring more goals. Hopefully the club can get him on a long term contract as he’ll be worth a few quid if this carries on.

Well done Sincs.
Sinclair Armstrong on 10:40 - Jan 21 with 2530 viewsdmm

Sinclair Armstrong on 10:30 - Jan 21 by DieByYourSide

Sinclair has a really rare skill set. By God he makes defenders do some defending, there are no lost causes when he's sniffing around. Can any Championship centre half claim to have pocketed him so far? I'm not sure such a thing is even possible.

He can be such a genuinely funny player to watch, sometimes you can practically see him learning the game in real time but he's already started to cut out the yellow cards and offsides.

Highly doubt that punting early balls into the channels is how Marti wants us to play but glad he's being pragmatic enough to try getting the best out of Sinclair with our dearth of forward options.

From a very low (non-existent) base the goals are starting to come & can only bring more confidence. He's such a great character and seems to be loving it at QPR so hopefully we can get that contract tied down in Summer, whatever division we end up in.
[Post edited 21 Jan 10:31]

Good post. The club has a contract extension to summer 2025 so he's ours next season come what may.
Sinclair Armstrong on 10:48 - Jan 21 with 2467 viewssouthbound_tram

Sinclair Armstrong on 20:45 - Jan 20 by baz_qpr

One thing you have to give Marti and Sinclair great credit for is he is rarely offside in recent games.

PersonallyI love him and I always thought any chance of staying up this season would be whether the manager could bring him on. Yes he's going to make mistakes and that is frustrating and he's not great in the air, but if Chairs did not go in that would have been two tap ins for brace and that is what you want alongside the pace and power outside the box

Not a counterpoint, but he was involved in an offside in the second half yesterday. Longish ball from Cook I think, he won the ball and looked set to run at the goal. Felt a poor decision from the linesman at the time and I'm looking forward to the full replay to review it.
Sinclair Armstrong on 10:50 - Jan 21 with 2462 viewsflynnbo

Sinclair Armstrong on 10:30 - Jan 21 by DieByYourSide

Sinclair has a really rare skill set. By God he makes defenders do some defending, there are no lost causes when he's sniffing around. Can any Championship centre half claim to have pocketed him so far? I'm not sure such a thing is even possible.

He can be such a genuinely funny player to watch, sometimes you can practically see him learning the game in real time but he's already started to cut out the yellow cards and offsides.

Highly doubt that punting early balls into the channels is how Marti wants us to play but glad he's being pragmatic enough to try getting the best out of Sinclair with our dearth of forward options.

From a very low (non-existent) base the goals are starting to come & can only bring more confidence. He's such a great character and seems to be loving it at QPR so hopefully we can get that contract tied down in Summer, whatever division we end up in.
[Post edited 21 Jan 10:31]

“He can be such a genuinely funny player to watch, sometimes you can practically see him learning the game in real time but he's already started to cut out the yellow cards and offsides.”
And then Martí goes and gets a yelllow himself. 🤣
Sinclair Armstrong on 11:16 - Jan 21 with 2397 viewstraininvain

Sinclair Armstrong on 23:09 - Jan 20 by hoops_legend

It was just a few games ago we were saying he’s not good enough. Now a couple of bundled goals in later and he’s being compared to sir les

I think he’s a handful with potential but his touch remains poor and finishing suspect. I hope he comes good and he could do but Marti has to keep working on him

I don’t think anyone’s comparing him to Sir Les in terms of ability at this stage. My point was more to do with the development of both players and how having a manager put faith in them can have a big impact on career trajectory.

We’ve seen that with Sir Les and he’s acknowledged the impact of Gerry Francis on his career. Hopefully Marti can have a similar impact on Armstrong’s career.
Sinclair Armstrong on 11:22 - Jan 21 with 2376 viewsjeffranger

Although he has electric pace his ball control is abysmal & Marti needs to work on that first
Sinclair Armstrong on 11:37 - Jan 21 with 2330 viewsPhilmyRs

I think goals can sometimes make people overlook some of the not so good things in a players performance. Overall I thought SA was ok but was more dangerous against Watford. Some of his hold up play and decision making was not great but raw, still learning and pace is electric. Surprised to see people thinking it was a MOM performance but for a youngster still learning he can be leased with how he’s developing.
Sinclair Armstrong on 12:03 - Jan 21 with 2279 viewsGaryBannister86

Enjoyed this on a Millwall message board:

"Late in the game Chair turned someone inside out, laid it back for a shot from the edge of the box that Sarkic saved but fumbled and Armstrong (a carthorse of a player) bundled the ball home."

Sinclair may be a lot of thigs - but a carthorse? Guess the neanderthal doesn't actually know what defines a carthorse.
Sinclair Armstrong on 12:05 - Jan 21 with 2261 viewsQPROslo

Sinclair Armstrong on 11:37 - Jan 21 by PhilmyRs

I think goals can sometimes make people overlook some of the not so good things in a players performance. Overall I thought SA was ok but was more dangerous against Watford. Some of his hold up play and decision making was not great but raw, still learning and pace is electric. Surprised to see people thinking it was a MOM performance but for a youngster still learning he can be leased with how he’s developing.

Think Sinclair is showing all kinds of improvement in his game even in his hold up play and decision making. Good to see. There was one time yesterday when he won a ball deep in the midfield well with his head, back to goal, controlled it well and immediately moved off into space to the right quickly away from a couple of wall players and laid it off. Another time near the end he used his pace to get to a ball that was never his to win by getting past a couple of defenders, held it up by the touchline and laid it off to Chair when he got to him in support.
Login to get fewer ads

Sinclair Armstrong on 12:07 - Jan 21 with 2240 viewscpgerber

One thing I noticed yesterday is that he takes a lot of time on the ball. Almost as if he has to think about what to do next. I can recall at least one very promising situation that petered out because he just stood over the ball and did nothing and took all the momentum out of the attack. That quick pass or instinctive move is still lacking. Maybe fear of making a mistake, but if he can scramble in a few more goals, I'll let that slide.
Sinclair Armstrong on 12:32 - Jan 21 with 2138 viewsgazza1

He is not a great player but he is getting a bit better, technically pretty limited, worth his place as our No1 striker.
Sinclair Armstrong on 13:01 - Jan 21 with 2073 viewsbaz_qpr

Sinclair Armstrong on 11:22 - Jan 21 by jeffranger

Although he has electric pace his ball control is abysmal & Marti needs to work on that first

I think those two things are connected its quite a thing to have pace and power and a soft touch
Sinclair Armstrong on 13:36 - Jan 21 with 1990 viewskensalriser

Sinclair Armstrong on 12:32 - Jan 21 by gazza1

He is not a great player but he is getting a bit better, technically pretty limited, worth his place as our No1 striker.

In a nutshell. And his technical ability isn't going to improve that much.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Sinclair Armstrong on 13:51 - Jan 21 with 1961 viewsNorthernr

Sinclair Armstrong on 12:07 - Jan 21 by cpgerber

One thing I noticed yesterday is that he takes a lot of time on the ball. Almost as if he has to think about what to do next. I can recall at least one very promising situation that petered out because he just stood over the ball and did nothing and took all the momentum out of the attack. That quick pass or instinctive move is still lacking. Maybe fear of making a mistake, but if he can scramble in a few more goals, I'll let that slide.

I actually wonder if he's been told to do that. He used to, and still does on occasions, snatch at absolutely everything he got. I wonder if he's been told to just take a breath and calm down a bit when the ball arrives.
Sinclair Armstrong on 14:20 - Jan 21 with 1887 viewsconnell10

Sinclair Armstrong on 13:51 - Jan 21 by Northernr

I actually wonder if he's been told to do that. He used to, and still does on occasions, snatch at absolutely everything he got. I wonder if he's been told to just take a breath and calm down a bit when the ball arrives.

I reckon your right mate . As soon has he can cope with the mental side of the game I really do think he will be a very good player !

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Sinclair Armstrong on 14:32 - Jan 21 with 1852 viewstraininvain

Sinclair Armstrong on 14:20 - Jan 21 by connell10

I reckon your right mate . As soon has he can cope with the mental side of the game I really do think he will be a very good player !

Agree that it’s a mental/mindset thing and you can see that in his reaction when we lose or sometimes when he’s been subbed. He’s so desperate to do well that he’s almost trying too hard at times and needs to be a bit more relaxed.

That’s where him starting up front regularly and getting some goals will do him no harm at all. Look at the improvement over the past few games. I doubt any of the opposition defenders will have enjoyed playing against him and when was the last time we could say that about one of our centre forwards.

Not saying he’s without his flaws technically but his pace and power are a real attribute that can’t be coached whereas technique can to an extent.
Sinclair Armstrong on 21:08 - Jan 21 with 1572 viewsnumptydumpty

Sinclair Armstrong on 23:09 - Jan 20 by hoops_legend

It was just a few games ago we were saying he’s not good enough. Now a couple of bundled goals in later and he’s being compared to sir les

I think he’s a handful with potential but his touch remains poor and finishing suspect. I hope he comes good and he could do but Marti has to keep working on him

I wasn't saying he was Sir Les in anyways.

I compared him to a mixture of Devon White and Les Ferdinand ie a total nutcase with power and pace to burn but clumsy as ....

He is also only 20 years old so to be fair, what he is achieving currently is extremely decent.

And clearly at 20 years old, there is the potential of coaches working on his touch and also his finishing and positioning etc. And games will only help with that. He definitely has the passion and the will to succeed.

I am hopeful he has the potential to improve but there is no given reason that this will definitely happen

And if in normal circumstances we had a couple of half way decent strikers he would probably be out on loan this season but the position we are in, he is number one choice and he is doing ok...

Why can't we enjoy him as he is and keep the faith that he continues to progress. He certainly is an enjoyable watch and some defenders and goalkeepers are pooping their pants when the big man charges at them !!!

I don't blame them !!! 🤣 🤣 🤣
[Post edited 21 Jan 21:09]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Sinclair Armstrong on 08:12 - Jan 22 with 1444 viewsdaveB

They have clearly been working hard with him in training, he was living in the Macualey Bonne offside zone until Marti arrived, now his positional play is so much better
Sinclair Armstrong on 13:47 - Jan 22 with 1230 viewsTheChef

Great to see him improving.

His goal celebrations are turning into full on stage shows though

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Sinclair Armstrong on 14:13 - Jan 22 with 1135 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sinclair Armstrong on 13:47 - Jan 22 by TheChef

Great to see him improving.

His goal celebrations are turning into full on stage shows though

On Saturday morning, we were asking our Dad what new rules he'd bring in if he reffred a football match.

"First thing is I'd re-start the game twenty seconds after a goal, and cut out all that celebrating shít"

Sinclair would be only getting his groove warmed up at that stage.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Sinclair Armstrong on 14:22 - Jan 22 with 1100 viewsTheChef

Sinclair Armstrong on 14:13 - Jan 22 by BrianMcCarthy

On Saturday morning, we were asking our Dad what new rules he'd bring in if he reffred a football match.

"First thing is I'd re-start the game twenty seconds after a goal, and cut out all that celebrating shít"

Sinclair would be only getting his groove warmed up at that stage.

A brisk handshake and get back to the centre circle.

Sinclair Armstrong on 14:22 - Jan 22 with 1100 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Sinclair Armstrong on 10:48 - Jan 21 by southbound_tram

Not a counterpoint, but he was involved in an offside in the second half yesterday. Longish ball from Cook I think, he won the ball and looked set to run at the goal. Felt a poor decision from the linesman at the time and I'm looking forward to the full replay to review it.

I would fault Cook there he had a bit more time to bring the ball under control but just blasted it upfield and I suspect Armstrong was caught off guard .
Shame because he was away and heading towards our fans who would be on their feet waiting for the fireworks.
Or getting ready to duck and avoid expensive dental work as his cannonball flies into the stands .
Seriously he is more deliberate in possession which has to be coaching .
Marti must love having that pace and power just a diamond to polish he will only improve hopefully
Sinclair Armstrong on 14:44 - Jan 22 with 1059 viewsAntti_Heinola

Sinclair Armstrong on 14:22 - Jan 22 by TheChef

yeah that's it, why have any joy? It's a serious business.

Bare bones.

Sinclair Armstrong on 14:46 - Jan 22 with 1046 viewsGaryBannister86

Sinclair Armstrong on 14:44 - Jan 22 by Antti_Heinola

There was a certain class in the Super Ray celebrations when he scored that brilliant goal at Leeds. It did indeed involve a brisk handshake and a fast run back to the centre circle. We were 2-1 down at the time, I believe.

I do worry that Sinclair might get into the Giblet Cisse territory of going nuts when making it 1-6 against Chelsea.
Sinclair Armstrong on 14:57 - Jan 22 with 1000 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sinclair Armstrong on 14:22 - Jan 22 by TheChef

...and yellow cards for jewelry, dyed hair, tattoos and any boots that aren't black.

Dad has it all sorted.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Sinclair Armstrong on 15:24 - Jan 22 with 922 viewsTheChef

Sinclair Armstrong on 14:44 - Jan 22 by Antti_Heinola

Pfft.

I'm with Roy Keane on this one.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024