Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huddersfield 11:24 - Jan 21 with 5230 viewsSpaceman_P

Not wanting to start a match thread this early (someone else can do that Friday).... we need to all collectively think about next weekend's fixture.

Absolutely mammoth game next week. A total must win both in regards to the points and mainly for the confidence.

if this happens, Blackburn is do-able. seriously!!

Norwich maybe not, but the fixtures after them, totally we can win if we play like we did against Watford and yesterday again Millwall. February fixtures look okay on paper!

COME ON U R's
[Post edited 21 Jan 11:28]
Huddersfield on 11:31 - Jan 21 with 4248 viewsQPRConor2000

Next week is huge.

Id go as far as to say season defining.
Huddersfield on 11:35 - Jan 21 with 4216 viewsjohnhoop

Yep next Sunday is absolutely crucial to our chances of survival. I would also think we could stand a reasonable chance of points in the games that follow if yesterday’s team could play every game but unfortunately injuries and suspensions are going to make that difficult.
[Post edited 21 Jan 11:35]
Huddersfield on 11:36 - Jan 21 with 4210 viewsWatford_Ranger

Next week is obviously massive but we need to be above the line after Feb. Relatively winnable run of games now followed by a horrible March and the run-in doesn’t look great. Hudds have a tough Feb but reasonable looking run-in though Ipswich away on the final day who will either need a result to go up or more likely rest players ahead of the playoffs.
Huddersfield on 11:39 - Jan 21 with 4177 viewsdmm

Huddersfield on 11:35 - Jan 21 by johnhoop

Yep next Sunday is absolutely crucial to our chances of survival. I would also think we could stand a reasonable chance of points in the games that follow if yesterday’s team could play every game but unfortunately injuries and suspensions are going to make that difficult.

I was thinking the same having looked ahead at the coming fixtures. But, as every football manager always says, just focus on the next game.
Huddersfield on 11:44 - Jan 21 with 4162 viewsSouthAfricanRanger

I have a 100 percent success rate with starting a match thread, so will consider starting one or keep the powder dry for the next away game 😀😀

DonnieR

Huddersfield on 11:46 - Jan 21 with 4143 viewsMrSheen

Huddersfield on 11:44 - Jan 21 by SouthAfricanRanger

I have a 100 percent success rate with starting a match thread, so will consider starting one or keep the powder dry for the next away game 😀😀

Don't desert us, Master!
Huddersfield on 12:31 - Jan 21 with 4005 viewsgazza1

Play like we have played in our last two fixtures and Huddersfield play as badly as Millwall did yesterday then the 3 points are a 'dot on the card'........
Huddersfield on 12:35 - Jan 21 with 4002 viewsdavman

It is absolutely massive. I do not trust this lot to do that level of performance three games on the trot and I am sure that at least one of them will pull up lame this week, but IF we can win next week, getting above the line might see a huge shift in confidence and belief. Also, 'Udders dropping into the three might dent any confidence or belief they have.

...or, this could just be that bstrd hope that plagues our club and just like the Wednesday game that had us as high as 19th a month or so ago, we might end up 6 points off them with no chance of reigning it back.

We turn up complacent next week, we're done; turn up with the same attitude we've seen in the last two games and we have EVERY chance. Which way do you think it will go?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Login to get fewer ads

Huddersfield on 12:44 - Jan 21 with 3956 viewscolinallcars

I wonder what Huddersfield’s game plan will be…avoid defeat at all costs or maybe try to catch us cold at the start.
A huge day certainly. As Johnny Rotten said - destiny turns on a penny. Oh no, I think it was Lord Nelson.
Huddersfield on 12:54 - Jan 21 with 3917 viewsderbyhoop

They'll try to get men behind the ball and try to hit us on the counter. Allegedly that's how they played yesterday.
A win, any win, will take us above them and out of the bottom 3. That would be good for our confidence and, hopefully, damage theirs.

We probably need another 6/7 wins. Huddersfield, Wednesday, Rotherham, brum are all winnable, as long as we play to our potential.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Huddersfield on 13:02 - Jan 21 with 3877 viewsHastings_Hoops

Huddersfield on 11:31 - Jan 21 by QPRConor2000

Next week is huge.

Win it and we’re in the driving seat to stay up with some favourable fixtures. Lose it and we’re stuffed.
Huddersfield on 13:04 - Jan 21 with 3864 viewsHastings_Hoops

Huddersfield on 11:35 - Jan 21 by johnhoop

We need to make sure we rest Cook and Colback for the ‘less winnable’ matches and play him against the winnable teams. Simple as that.
Huddersfield on 13:11 - Jan 21 with 3837 viewsRangersw12

https://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/119482/qpr-huddersfield

Hudds perspective
Huddersfield on 13:15 - Jan 21 with 3819 viewskensalriser

Town have drawn the most games in the division. Given a draw suits them a lot better I think not losing will be their priority.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Huddersfield on 13:55 - Jan 21 with 3720 viewsbaz_qpr

There American owners did a video on twitter last night they do a video diary every week. The chair is man is literally telling his manager via the medium of Twitter that he is picking the wrong team the wrong formation and he has to win at QPR or that is it
Huddersfield on 14:04 - Jan 21 with 3679 viewsloftupper

Huddersfield on 13:55 - Jan 21 by baz_qpr

There American owners did a video on twitter last night they do a video diary every week. The chair is man is literally telling his manager via the medium of Twitter that he is picking the wrong team the wrong formation and he has to win at QPR or that is it

That sound familiar! Except Flavio simply called the managers directly while they were sitting in the dugout.
Huddersfield on 14:48 - Jan 21 with 3566 viewscharmr

Anyone else noticed they have drawn a large amount of games over others around us. Only Lost 11 which makes them mid table etc.
Huddersfield on 14:53 - Jan 21 with 3542 viewsHoopstar

Their gameplan is going to be sit back, try and catch us on the transition and go all out on set pieces.

Remember losing to them 2-1, towards the end of Warbs final season maybe, where they did just that. Sorba Thomas isn't a great player but has a brilliant deadball delivery (two assists that day) and their CB Helik is their topscorer I think with 8 goals including their equaliser yesterday, so a real threat against everyone from set pieces, let alone with our record. I will be holding my breath and saying my prayers for every set piece.

Huge game though, in open play we have the better players but they're definitely better at the smart and ugly stuff.
Huddersfield on 15:17 - Jan 21 with 3432 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Huddersfield on 14:48 - Jan 21 by charmr

Anyone else noticed they have drawn a large amount of games over others around us. Only Lost 11 which makes them mid table etc.

I think the poster three before you did.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Huddersfield on 09:22 - Jan 23 with 2931 viewsRed_Ranger

Huddersfield on 11:31 - Jan 21 by QPRConor2000

Next week is huge.

Even bought Mrs Red and my youngest tickets. Told them its a must win / season defining game.
Huddersfield on 09:45 - Jan 23 with 2832 viewskernowhoop

They will surely come with a defensive sret-up, looking for a point abd hoping that they might get three by catching us on the break.
I hope that we have learned something from the Plymouth match. Down to 10 men, they simply packed the defence and defended well. We had 29 shots at goal and failed to score. We have to do better than that.
Huddersfield on 10:05 - Jan 23 with 2746 viewsTheChef

Huddersfield on 09:45 - Jan 23 by kernowhoop

They will surely come with a defensive sret-up, looking for a point abd hoping that they might get three by catching us on the break.
I hope that we have learned something from the Plymouth match. Down to 10 men, they simply packed the defence and defended well. We had 29 shots at goal and failed to score. We have to do better than that.

Probably try and score from set pieces...

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Huddersfield on 10:06 - Jan 23 with 2742 viewsdaveB

Huddersfield on 13:15 - Jan 21 by kensalriser

Town have drawn the most games in the division. Given a draw suits them a lot better I think not losing will be their priority.

a draw is not a disaster for us either, can't lose the game and go 6 points behind them but it is a big opportunity to get out of the bottom 3 and close gap on those above us

Sundays game does not define the season, even if we win we still have a lot to do to stay up
Huddersfield on 10:11 - Jan 23 with 2728 viewsBluce_Ree

It's the hope that kills you, lads.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Huddersfield on 10:14 - Jan 23 with 2716 viewsAntti_Heinola

I really like Darren Moore, he seems like a fantastic guy. But I also think he's a manager who can take a club down, whereas I think Rohl might have what it takes to keep even a side as bad as SW up.
So a win for us, should it miraculously happen, could be a double-edged sword. Moore gets sacked and they appoint someone inspirational who did what Warnock did last year...

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024