Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
India v England Test Series 09:06 - Jan 25 with 15882 viewsRangersw12

Well as expected the pitch is turning square on day 1 but very entertaining cricket

Actually think we have done pretty well problem we have is our spin attack is so inexperienced that we probably need 300 plus so likely we will be under par

India v England Test Series on 07:28 - Feb 17 with 2119 viewsGaryBannister86

India v England Test Series on 07:22 - Feb 17 by stowmarketrange

We need a few more to get injured to get out of this mess now.Oh well,it looks like I’ll be there for the dead rubber then.

That all went very wrong! Massive task now. Love Bazball, but still think Root is too good to play shots like that, somehow. He's the only single player I don't think it has improved, mainly because he was so good. Although he averages more under Baz than before, apparently. In Stokes & Baz I trust. We are competitive again, even if up against it.

Off to Brizzle so gonna miss it.
India v England Test Series on 07:33 - Feb 17 with 2107 viewsstowmarketrange

India v England Test Series on 07:28 - Feb 17 by GaryBannister86

That all went very wrong! Massive task now. Love Bazball, but still think Root is too good to play shots like that, somehow. He's the only single player I don't think it has improved, mainly because he was so good. Although he averages more under Baz than before, apparently. In Stokes & Baz I trust. We are competitive again, even if up against it.

Off to Brizzle so gonna miss it.

Hopefully we can show more in the 2nd innings and qpr can get the 3points today.
India v England Test Series on 07:41 - Feb 17 with 2082 viewsMalintabuk

Not sure if England are the international equivalent of QPR. Seem to string a few good performances together, but fall back again into batting collapses?
Another disappointing batting performance apart from Duckett.
Uphill task now.
India v England Test Series on 08:13 - Feb 17 with 2011 viewsdaveB

We really miss Brook in that middle order, think this might be the end for Bairstow when he comes back
India v England Test Series on 08:17 - Feb 17 with 2003 viewsstowmarketrange

India v England Test Series on 08:13 - Feb 17 by daveB

We really miss Brook in that middle order, think this might be the end for Bairstow when he comes back

Any news on his return yet?He was only supposed to be missing the first 2 tests.And definitely is missed.
India v England Test Series on 08:32 - Feb 17 with 1975 viewsdaveB

India v England Test Series on 08:17 - Feb 17 by stowmarketrange

Any news on his return yet?He was only supposed to be missing the first 2 tests.And definitely is missed.

been nothing reported so guessing he's not coming back this series
India v England Test Series on 11:52 - Feb 17 with 1867 viewsManinBlack

Last time we played a Test series in India we were one up and lost 3-1 and this series is following the same pattern. We have always had an issue with batting collapses just like you know QPR will go on a winless run. 8 wickets for 95 runs this time. It seems the key us to bat first in India to give us the best chance. Three tests and we have ended up over 100 runs behind after the first innings from batting second. More often than not you will lose when that happens even with playing bazball style.
India v England Test Series on 12:46 - Feb 17 with 1839 viewsstowmarketrange

India v England Test Series on 11:52 - Feb 17 by ManinBlack

Last time we played a Test series in India we were one up and lost 3-1 and this series is following the same pattern. We have always had an issue with batting collapses just like you know QPR will go on a winless run. 8 wickets for 95 runs this time. It seems the key us to bat first in India to give us the best chance. Three tests and we have ended up over 100 runs behind after the first innings from batting second. More often than not you will lose when that happens even with playing bazball style.

5 wickets for 29 runs after lunch killed any momentum that we built up yesterday.The experts were saying that it should be easier batting after lunch,but we never stayed in long enough to find out.
Login to get fewer ads

India v England Test Series on 10:48 - Feb 18 with 1675 viewsted_hendrix

Bit of a shambles really.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

India v England Test Series on 11:08 - Feb 18 with 1649 viewsRangersw12

India v England Test Series on 10:48 - Feb 18 by ted_hendrix

A very poor test around bar 32 overs on the 2nd day

Need to win the toss next test and put India under pressure
[Post edited 18 Feb 11:38]
India v England Test Series on 11:10 - Feb 18 with 1638 viewsGaryBannister86

India v England Test Series on 10:48 - Feb 18 by ted_hendrix

Such a tough task to compete out there and I think we are / were doing OK, the fact is a bowling attack with such rookie spinners makes it all the harder.

I think we can still get something out of this tour - develop Ahmed, Bashir and Hartley into an excellent test match spinner to replace Leach can't be a bad thing.

Bairstow, if not keeping, not really worth his place for me if Brook is around.
India v England Test Series on 11:13 - Feb 18 with 1618 viewsGaryBannister86

Joel Wilson is a truly terrible umpire, final comment on this Test.
India v England Test Series on 11:29 - Feb 18 with 1578 viewsozexile

Probably get blasted on here but it was a terrible look the way the players celebrated after winning the 1st test. In a bar drunk singing and shouting like they'd won the world cup.
Should have just got our heads down and focused on the series.
India v England Test Series on 11:33 - Feb 18 with 1567 viewsGaryBannister86

India v England Test Series on 11:29 - Feb 18 by ozexile

Probably get blasted on here but it was a terrible look the way the players celebrated after winning the 1st test. In a bar drunk singing and shouting like they'd won the world cup.
Should have just got our heads down and focused on the series.

Didn't see this, but if you can't celebrate a Test win, what can you celebrate? Each Test matters as a single entity.

England are so hated around the cricketing world we can't do anything right. We are either meek, arrogant, selfish, boorish, whatever. I think under Stokes we are an excellent, well-meaning side who play in the right way.

Everyone else can shove it up their hypocritical backsides.
India v England Test Series on 12:02 - Feb 18 with 1514 viewsted_hendrix

India v England Test Series on 11:10 - Feb 18 by GaryBannister86

Such a tough task to compete out there and I think we are / were doing OK, the fact is a bowling attack with such rookie spinners makes it all the harder.

I think we can still get something out of this tour - develop Ahmed, Bashir and Hartley into an excellent test match spinner to replace Leach can't be a bad thing.

Let's be honest we've been served up some fantastic test matches, It's just that you know switched It on this morning saw the score and thought 'meh'.

From then on In the wickets just kept tumbling. 'meh'

We've won one test match out there already so who knows?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

India v England Test Series on 12:29 - Feb 18 with 1469 viewsMedwayR

India v England Test Series on 11:33 - Feb 18 by GaryBannister86

Didn't see this, but if you can't celebrate a Test win, what can you celebrate? Each Test matters as a single entity.

England are so hated around the cricketing world we can't do anything right. We are either meek, arrogant, selfish, boorish, whatever. I think under Stokes we are an excellent, well-meaning side who play in the right way.

Everyone else can shove it up their hypocritical backsides.

I haven't seen this but I did read Duckett suggesting that England be given credit for other teams playing more aggressively. He may be right but I'd rather comments like that didn't come from our players, let others say it. This is my problem with Bazball/England at the moment, they do too much talking and need to bring a bit more brains and less brawn at times, we can't be aggressive all the time, have a bit of balance and game intelligence her and there. I'm a fan of our new approach, we just need to rein it in a bit at times.

Poll: Who’s better?

India v England Test Series on 15:21 - Feb 18 with 1397 viewscheeseydane

Joe Roots dismissal in the first innings was bordering on insanity. He has no need to play like that. He should be the anchor in the middle. Let the others do their stuff around him. But I get the feeling hes that uncle who still feels young and turns up at the nightclub not wanting to be outdone by the younger kids around him.
Re: Duckett. He said in interview with TMS yesterday that the team didnt care how many they have to chase and the more the better. Maybe tongue in cheek, maybe not, but I'm starting to wonder whats been added in their food.

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

India v England Test Series on 18:12 - Feb 18 with 1319 viewsstowmarketrange

India v England Test Series on 11:10 - Feb 18 by GaryBannister86

There’s a reason why they’re unbeaten in a series at home for 12 years.We should’ve got closer to their 1st innings score but it’s academic now.We have to make sure we win the toss in the next 2 games just to give ourselves a chance.
India v England Test Series on 19:08 - Feb 18 with 1218 viewsBlackCrowe

India v England Test Series on 15:21 - Feb 18 by cheeseydane

Joe Roots dismissal in the first innings was bordering on insanity. He has no need to play like that. He should be the anchor in the middle. Let the others do their stuff around him. But I get the feeling hes that uncle who still feels young and turns up at the nightclub not wanting to be outdone by the younger kids around him.
Re: Duckett. He said in interview with TMS yesterday that the team didnt care how many they have to chase and the more the better. Maybe tongue in cheek, maybe not, but I'm starting to wonder whats been added in their food.

Totally agree with this...Root should just play his own game and leave the Bazball stuff to other. His wicket started the rot. It's not all his fault of course but he was the catalyst.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

India v England Test Series on 21:43 - Feb 18 with 1140 viewsAntti_Heinola

Root's been playing that shot regularly for years and almost never gets out playing it.

Bare bones.

India v England Test Series on 07:17 - Feb 19 with 1043 viewsGaryBannister86

Are we going to have this every single game with Bazball? Win - "genius", "revolutionary", lose - "reckless", "foolish". So boring. Stokes and Baz have got us highly competitive and that's remarkable. Our spinners have played about 7 tests between them, Ashwin is one of the best of all time.

In the second innings, not a single reckless shot. And we barely made a run. Prodding down the pitch ball after ball is exactly what we've been doing for many years (remember Moores and Silverwood, surviving 100 balls, etc) and it didn't work as well as Bazball.

Huge, self-interested bores like Agnew can barely contain their glee when Root gets out like this. Whereas if he had prodded it back down the pitch for a caught and bowled with the same delivery, no issue.

I do think there is a point that Root can play differently to the others, but the fact is he averages more under McCullum and Stokes than before, so I guess us old gits don't know what we are talking about.

Love Stokes - "I don't need to tell Joe Root how to bat."

Nor do you Agnew.
[Post edited 19 Feb 7:20]
India v England Test Series on 08:18 - Feb 19 with 997 viewsdaveB

They didn't bat well in that second innings but that regularly happened before this whole bazball thing so it's not as though the old way always worked either

It's been an exciting series so far with each session feeling like something will happen, thats what the new approach is all about and it's great to watch even when it goes wrong
India v England Test Series on 13:04 - Feb 19 with 909 viewsRangersw12

India v England Test Series on 07:17 - Feb 19 by GaryBannister86

Are we going to have this every single game with Bazball? Win - "genius", "revolutionary", lose - "reckless", "foolish". So boring. Stokes and Baz have got us highly competitive and that's remarkable. Our spinners have played about 7 tests between them, Ashwin is one of the best of all time.

In the second innings, not a single reckless shot. And we barely made a run. Prodding down the pitch ball after ball is exactly what we've been doing for many years (remember Moores and Silverwood, surviving 100 balls, etc) and it didn't work as well as Bazball.

Huge, self-interested bores like Agnew can barely contain their glee when Root gets out like this. Whereas if he had prodded it back down the pitch for a caught and bowled with the same delivery, no issue.

I do think there is a point that Root can play differently to the others, but the fact is he averages more under McCullum and Stokes than before, so I guess us old gits don't know what we are talking about.

Love Stokes - "I don't need to tell Joe Root how to bat."

Nor do you Agnew.
[Post edited 19 Feb 7:20]

Arrowed down in error !

Couldn't agree more we've been had defensive batting for years in India and Australia for that matter and nowhere near winning a series so why not try this approach .

Some you win some you lose but at least we go down fighting .

Toss has been crucial over the last 2 tests so will be interesting to see how India react if we put a score on the board batting first as they looked rattled when we got amongst them on day 2 and they seem a team who is slightly on the wane.

I would be tempted to bring in Lawrence for next test at the expense of Bairstow and maybe give Jimmy a rest for Robinson or Atkinson .
India v England Test Series on 15:33 - Feb 19 with 827 viewsLoyalitat

India v England Test Series on 13:04 - Feb 19 by Rangersw12

Arrowed down in error !

Couldn't agree more we've been had defensive batting for years in India and Australia for that matter and nowhere near winning a series so why not try this approach .

Some you win some you lose but at least we go down fighting .

Toss has been crucial over the last 2 tests so will be interesting to see how India react if we put a score on the board batting first as they looked rattled when we got amongst them on day 2 and they seem a team who is slightly on the wane.

I would be tempted to bring in Lawrence for next test at the expense of Bairstow and maybe give Jimmy a rest for Robinson or Atkinson .

Problem is, we haven't posted a decent first innings score in any of the three tests. Even when we won the first test and batted first, we only scored 246 in the first innings and then relied on the miracle to win that test.

Miracles will not happen again in the remaining test matches. To just post 319 in the first innings on what by Indian standards was a rather benign wicket, is where we lost this last test match. Giving India 126 runs lead after the first innings should never have been the case.

Love the approach but it must be tempered with pragmatism as evidenced by Jaiswal. A batsman who can score as quickly and as devastatingly as any English batsman, but has also adapted his batting to the game situation when required.

We've just been smashed by 434 runs, whether it be bazball, boring ball or anything else ball, that's embarrassing by any measure.
[Post edited 19 Feb 19:57]
India v England Test Series on 10:36 - Feb 23 with 594 viewsRangersw12

Excellent 100 by Root

This looks a decent score on a pitch that's surely only going to get worse
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024