Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
India v England Test Series 09:06 - Jan 25 with 15879 viewsRangersw12

Well as expected the pitch is turning square on day 1 but very entertaining cricket

Actually think we have done pretty well problem we have is our spin attack is so inexperienced that we probably need 300 plus so likely we will be under par

India v England Test Series on 09:06 - Jan 28 with 1798 viewsterryb

Four wickets for Hartley now!
India v England Test Series on 09:46 - Jan 28 with 1751 viewsdaveB

Incredible from England, great test match this
India v England Test Series on 09:51 - Jan 28 with 1734 viewsMalintabuk

What a fantastic test. This is without Leach who is injured and is not bowling. After the first innings thought Hartley was going to struggle but he as been outstanding. Interesting for me is this Indian team without Koli. Not only is he a world class batter but he really is the heart of that team, and they definitely don't look the same without him
India v England Test Series on 09:51 - Jan 28 with 1737 viewssupahoopsa

That man Stokes is unreal, what an amazing bit of fielding

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

India v England Test Series on 09:54 - Jan 28 with 1717 viewseastside_r

Blimey. This definitely on.
India v England Test Series on 09:59 - Jan 28 with 1694 viewsDorse

If you'd said we'd be in this position on Day 4 after the first session on Day 1, I would have questioned your sanity. This team, coaches, management etc just seem to 'get cricket' in ways that we haven't seen before.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

India v England Test Series on 11:36 - Jan 28 with 1560 viewsMalintabuk

Sitting in the car in Hilary Road off the Westway listening to the radio... as we were getting out the car Ashwin stumped.... all back on the car lol
India v England Test Series on 11:45 - Jan 28 with 1541 viewsdanehoop

India v England Test Series on 11:36 - Jan 28 by Malintabuk

Sitting in the car in Hilary Road off the Westway listening to the radio... as we were getting out the car Ashwin stumped.... all back on the car lol

Madness

Never knowingly understood

Login to get fewer ads

India v England Test Series on 11:53 - Jan 28 with 1508 viewsMalintabuk

First the Aus test.... now this test.... and to come 100 mins of QPR.... don't think I can survive this Sunday
India v England Test Series on 12:03 - Jan 28 with 1477 viewsMalintabuk

Giotto innn a 7 fer and still won't get MOTM...this must be as close a comeback as Headingly 81....
India v England Test Series on 12:04 - Jan 28 with 1471 viewsAntti_Heinola

India v England Test Series on 18:28 - Jan 26 by stowmarketrange

I was looking to go over for the last 3 tests but I think the series might be long gone by the time we get to Rajkot.
How did we expect our team to play when they’ve spent the last few weeks playing golf in Dubai instead of actually playing cricket in conditions that they’re likely to face over the next 6 weeks?

The India team have won their last 16 home series,and we prepare for the toughest away tour in world cricket by sinking putts in the UAE.

Enjoy it mate.

Confucius says: Only the foolish professes to be wise on the first day of a Test match.
:)
What a team this lot is.
How much more will people doubt Stokes?

Bare bones.

India v England Test Series on 12:08 - Jan 28 with 1457 viewsMalintabuk

India v England Test Series on 12:04 - Jan 28 by Antti_Heinola

Confucius says: Only the foolish professes to be wise on the first day of a Test match.
What a team this lot is.

I have to be honest I wasn't happy with the Dubai decision but there is no doubt Stokes is something special as a captain, player and a motivator
Absolutely amazing win.
India v England Test Series on 12:30 - Jan 28 with 1399 viewsTonto

Incredible win. The first time India have lost a home test with a 100 run lead after the first innings.

Is it time to knight Stokes? Amd Pope should get one too after that innings!

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

India v England Test Series on 12:33 - Jan 28 with 1367 viewsDamo1962

Sensational results and performances from England and the Windies. Great for Test Cricket. Make it a hat trick R'S 🙂
India v England Test Series on 12:37 - Jan 28 with 1379 viewsnumptydumpty

This test side.has already had some outstanding and incredible test victories but this particular triumph is off the scale.

Similarities to the first one.of Bothams ashes with Botham hitting brilliant hundred.and then Bob Willis getting.eight wickets but that was a home test match but this one is in India.

Unbelievable innings by Pope. In terms.with regards to the match situation almost unparalleled.

But then for that to be eclipsed by Hartley on debut. Got to be one of the most outstanding debuts of all time.

The West Indies prevailing against Australia and well got to be five nil rangers to cap the perfect day of sport !!!! 😆

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

India v England Test Series on 12:42 - Jan 28 with 1362 viewsflynnbo

India v England Test Series on 12:37 - Jan 28 by numptydumpty

This test side.has already had some outstanding and incredible test victories but this particular triumph is off the scale.

Similarities to the first one.of Bothams ashes with Botham hitting brilliant hundred.and then Bob Willis getting.eight wickets but that was a home test match but this one is in India.

Unbelievable innings by Pope. In terms.with regards to the match situation almost unparalleled.

But then for that to be eclipsed by Hartley on debut. Got to be one of the most outstanding debuts of all time.

The West Indies prevailing against Australia and well got to be five nil rangers to cap the perfect day of sport !!!! 😆

Especially considering Hartley’s first ever ball in test cricket went for six. Stokes persevered with the young man and is proving to be an excellent captain. Well played one and all.
India v England Test Series on 14:31 - Jan 28 with 1234 viewsderbyhoop

What a team this lot is.

One of the great joys of cricket, particularly Test Cricket, is that the game can swing one way or another, in the space of a single session.

Fantastic result. Especially after conceding such a huge lead on First Innings.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

India v England Test Series on 19:25 - Jan 28 with 1103 viewsstowmarketrange

What a team this lot is.

We got away with it due to a once in a generation comeback but it could so easily have been all over by the end of day 3.
What a performance though.
India v England Test Series on 19:32 - Jan 28 with 1086 viewsRangersw12

Surely that's our best ever overseas win ?

Be interesting to see what pitch they prepare next as making spinning tracks they bring inferior spinners into the game .

Talk of Jadeja missing the next test aswell so a few questions for them to answer .

As for England I would be tempted to bring Jimmy in for Ahmed and maybe Lawrence in for Leach ( if injured ) or maybe go for Bashir if it's going to turn square

Should be a great series
India v England Test Series on 19:41 - Jan 28 with 1052 viewsGaryBannister86

India v England Test Series on 19:32 - Jan 28 by Rangersw12

Surely that's our best ever overseas win ?

Be interesting to see what pitch they prepare next as making spinning tracks they bring inferior spinners into the game .

Talk of Jadeja missing the next test aswell so a few questions for them to answer .

As for England I would be tempted to bring Jimmy in for Ahmed and maybe Lawrence in for Leach ( if injured ) or maybe go for Bashir if it's going to turn square

Should be a great series

It's got to be up there. I knew Stokes had done brilliantly in keeping Hartley on in the 1st innnings, but had no idea how well it would be rewarded!

Fair play to Pope, what an innings.

Will be really interesting if we lose a toss and have to chase. Won't always work but the fact is India batted 70 overs in their second innings and didn't get to 230. Second innings in India something will get you - we won't die wondering.

I can see India doing less spicy tracks because they know our spinners are so raw. Racking up big 1st innings totals then doing us late on?
India v England Test Series on 19:58 - Jan 28 with 1019 viewsRangersw12

India v England Test Series on 19:41 - Jan 28 by GaryBannister86

It's got to be up there. I knew Stokes had done brilliantly in keeping Hartley on in the 1st innnings, but had no idea how well it would be rewarded!

Fair play to Pope, what an innings.

Will be really interesting if we lose a toss and have to chase. Won't always work but the fact is India batted 70 overs in their second innings and didn't get to 230. Second innings in India something will get you - we won't die wondering.

I can see India doing less spicy tracks because they know our spinners are so raw. Racking up big 1st innings totals then doing us late on?

Pope was the best innings I've seen snce KP in India in 2012

Yeah it wouldn't surprise me if they prepare flat wickets and it would certainly nullify our spinners but it's risky as it's very reliant on winning the toss and we played very well in Pakistan on flat ones !

The win today has really put the cat among the pigeons .

A great day for test cricket with the Windies winning aswell
India v England Test Series on 20:05 - Jan 28 with 991 viewsqpr1976

India v England Test Series on 09:51 - Jan 28 by Malintabuk

What a fantastic test. This is without Leach who is injured and is not bowling. After the first innings thought Hartley was going to struggle but he as been outstanding. Interesting for me is this Indian team without Koli. Not only is he a world class batter but he really is the heart of that team, and they definitely don't look the same without him

Whats the odds of Kholi getting over his ‘personal issues’ that were keeping him out of the 1st 2 tests and being fit to play in the next test ?
India v England Test Series on 20:21 - Jan 28 with 966 viewsthame_hoops

This innings showed the importance of having a good wicket keeper, Foakes proved his worth
India v England Test Series on 21:32 - Jan 28 with 880 viewsSuperhoops2808

India v England Test Series on 12:13 - Jan 27 by Antti_Heinola

Pope’s an excellent player. So happy for him.
Great knock from Foakes too.
Bit odd about the ‘why can’t we be bold’ comments above. Rehan is 19. Tom Hartley is 24. Bashir, who would’ve played, is 20. Leach is a really good bowler and Foakes is proven in Asia. Find all the clique comments I’ve seen on here and on socials don’t really match what I see, and it’s very difficult to argue with Stokes’s results.
I’m sure Rew will get his chance though, he looks a great player.

Anti - I didn't suggest that Stokes wasn't the right man for the job. He Definity is - But even though Foakes did good in the 2nd innings, that was all regulation stuff that you expect from a wicket keeper and we should have moved for a young player now in readiness for the Ashes that is less than a year away.

My other question is Bairstow. Time to replace him too.

And finally Leach... I remain unconvinced - He's not like Swann, Monty, or other game changers -

But one thing we both agree on, best victory overseas for me during my lifetime. If we can get one more test (and I see no reason we cannot) then India will be on the ropes.
India v England Test Series on 21:40 - Jan 28 with 855 viewsCamberleyR

India v England Test Series on 20:21 - Jan 28 by thame_hoops

This innings showed the importance of having a good wicket keeper, Foakes proved his worth

Yep, those two stumpings show why you should always play the best keeper. If those two chances had been missed, India would have won.
[Post edited 28 Jan 22:20]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024