Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stan Bowles 10:21 - Feb 23 with 31223 viewsBakes

Rest In Peace
[Post edited 24 Feb 21:36]

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Stan Bowles on 20:12 - Feb 24 with 2536 viewsted_hendrix

I dreaded this day, I can see the daft sod now nutmegging some poor sod on a muddy pitch, I stood In the loft and could smell the mud from the pitch and I can smell It again now, he was us he was working class and he belonged to us.
We'd be struggling on the pitch and then 25--30 seconds of magic and he'd done It again only gone and scored.

I'm looking at his signed picture now hanging on the wall behind me.

Look out God, Stan Is coming up there now.

Thanks Stan, thanks for the memories....................

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Stan Bowles on 20:13 - Feb 24 with 2516 viewssprocket

Started supporting QPR in '77 and never got to see him playing but watched all the reels over the years and what a talent, player, maverick. They don't make footballers like him anymore which is such a shame. A life well lived. RIP Stan.
Stan Bowles on 20:14 - Feb 24 with 2506 viewsGalileo

Stan was the best player in the world in the late 70s so much so I proudly wore my QPR kit to our silver Jubilee street party fancy dress competition and when asked who have u come as my reply was a simple…Stan Bowles.
RIP Rangers legend.
Stan Bowles on 20:14 - Feb 24 with 2482 viewsdigswellhoop

I HOPE THIS SHOWER NOW START PLAYING FOR HIM
Stan Bowles on 20:14 - Feb 24 with 2484 viewsconnell10

Stan Bowles on 20:12 - Feb 24 by ted_hendrix

I dreaded this day, I can see the daft sod now nutmegging some poor sod on a muddy pitch, I stood In the loft and could smell the mud from the pitch and I can smell It again now, he was us he was working class and he belonged to us.
We'd be struggling on the pitch and then 25--30 seconds of magic and he'd done It again only gone and scored.

I'm looking at his signed picture now hanging on the wall behind me.

Look out God, Stan Is coming up there now.

Thanks Stan, thanks for the memories....................

Totally agree he was one of us .

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Stan Bowles on 20:15 - Feb 24 with 2477 viewsNoelmc

My footballing idol when I was a teen. One of those players who made you realise why it was the “beautiful game”.

A wonderful character who more than anyone typified our crazy beautiful club.

Thanks for the wonderful memories, Stan. RIP.
Stan Bowles on 20:15 - Feb 24 with 2483 viewsCFW

Best player I have ever watched play, a maverick and a bit of a rogue but without doubt a true QPR legend. Totally loved the man and thank you Stan for all those wonderful memories. RIP.
Stan Bowles on 20:18 - Feb 24 with 2439 viewsSnipper

My first QPR hero.

Can I just tell a little story. At the player of the year party in 2003, at some point after all the dinner and speeches, I went to the toilet for a slash. As I was washing my hands, the great man walked in. It was just us two there, so I thought to myself that I can’t let this opportunity pass. So as Stan was having a slash, I said to him that he was my first hero at QPR. He was really chatty back, and we started talking. He washed his hands, and we carried on talking.

Anyway, we stayed talking for about 20 minutes in the toilet while others were coming in and out having a slash. Others talked to him, but he genuinely wanted to finish our conversation.
We left the toilet together, chatted for another few minutes, then went our separate ways.

When I got back to our group, my missus asked me where I’d been all this time. I said I’d been chatting to Stan Bowles in the bog, and I couldn’t get rid of him :-)).

Rest in Eternal Peace, Stan. ❤️❤️💔💔
Login to get fewer ads

Stan Bowles on 20:21 - Feb 24 with 2365 viewsBlackCrowe

Wore the no.10 at the first match my Dad took me too back in '77. Loved that he used to come into the C&S pre-match up until about 10 years ago.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Stan Bowles on 20:22 - Feb 24 with 2329 viewsFredManRave

Before my time watching Rangers but it's obvious the highest of regards in which he's held.

I was literally watching this video just when the news came in.

What an honest, down to earth, humble interview;

RIP Stan

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Stan Bowles on 20:23 - Feb 24 with 2300 viewsBedford_R

Stanley Bowles. Him and Phil Parkes are the reason I was a QPR fan then and am a QPR Fan now.

Play your best game in Heaven,

RIP

RMH_R Reborn

Stan Bowles on 20:24 - Feb 24 with 2285 viewsBlackCrowe

Thank god we won today..appropriate.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Stan Bowles on 20:26 - Feb 24 with 2252 viewsRanger_1969

So sad...RIP Stan, and thanks for the memories.......
Stan Bowles on 20:29 - Feb 24 with 2185 viewsLogman

Like many others, I had no. 10 on my back when I first played for my school team because of Stan. If I'm being honest, not only has my schoolboy hero passed today but a little bit of me has gone to.

RIP Stan
Stan Bowles on 20:30 - Feb 24 with 2150 viewsLogman

Stan Bowles on 20:29 - Feb 24 by Logman

Like many others, I had no. 10 on my back when I first played for my school team because of Stan. If I'm being honest, not only has my schoolboy hero passed today but a little bit of me has gone to.

RIP Stan

Fitting also that Willock scored today as he is the closest that we have to Stan right now
Stan Bowles on 20:41 - Feb 24 with 1997 viewsGaryT

Stan Bowles on 20:00 - Feb 24 by mart_Goblin

My dad just called me to tell me. Could hear he was choked up .

He always said Stan was head and shoulders the best player to ever pull on the blue and white hoops.

RIP Stan . You were the man

I've just messaged my dad to let him know.

As a kid I used to pretend I was Kevin Keegan but as my dad supported QPR, he said I'd be better off being Stan Bowles and that was the start of this disfunctional relationship.

Every now and then I'm asked by people of a certain age who I support and when I say QPR they say "Ah yes, Stan Bowles!".

The man, the myth, the legend

RIP.
Stan Bowles on 20:46 - Feb 24 with 1916 viewseastside_r

Stan Bowles on 20:13 - Feb 24 by sprocket

Started supporting QPR in '77 and never got to see him playing but watched all the reels over the years and what a talent, player, maverick. They don't make footballers like him anymore which is such a shame. A life well lived. RIP Stan.

Me too so never saw him play live but Stan was my introduction to football via the Big Match on ITV. He’s the main reason that I am and ever will be a QPR fan.

Stan Bowles is the embodiment of QPR, what he was, we shall always be. The maverick 10, rebel soul.
Stan Bowles on 20:49 - Feb 24 with 1886 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I was to young to see him play.

Watching the old footage I can see why he was the best.

Everyone who has met him after he played who I know, has said what a gent he was.

RIP

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Stan Bowles on 20:54 - Feb 24 with 1817 viewsnumptydumpty

When you come to the end of your life and ask yourself and others about a life well lived and ask did I make a difference??

Yes Stanley, you did.

RIP Rangers' legend of legends....

Completely and totally Stan the Man ..

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Stan Bowles on 20:56 - Feb 24 with 1793 viewsjohncharles

Ah Stanley my friend on the football field and in the pubs of Ealing and Brentford. I’m one of the loads of QPR that chatted to Stan in and out of the The Plough, Northfields and the Beehive, Brentford and the Youngs Coach & Horse down the road. To Stan I was one of the faces that he recognised and he always spoke to as me as a friend, me and a few hundred others 😀.
I’m cracking up

Strong and stable my arse.

Stan Bowles on 20:57 - Feb 24 with 1780 viewsPinnerR

I feel priviliged that I got to see Rodney and Stanley playing live. It does mean that I am now very old, but it was worth every minute.
Stan Bowles on 20:59 - Feb 24 with 1758 viewsPunteR

Sat in the SAR stand today with my 15 year old, directly opposite the stand formally known as the Ellerslie road but now proudly The Stanley Bowles stand , neither of us having seen Stan play but in that moment appreciating what he means to the club. We had a little chat about Stan. He's gone but will never be forgotten. RIP Stan Bowles

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Stan Bowles on 21:01 - Feb 24 with 1733 viewsKiwi76

Like many on here he is the image of QPR that hooked me as a youngster - even from opposite side of the world. Brilliant player & unique character . Very sad news for morning here but also smiling at memories of him…
Stan Bowles on 21:03 - Feb 24 with 1714 viewsDWQPR

God bless you Stan and thanks for all the wonderful memories.

The King of Loftus Road is dead but he’ll live forever in our thoughts.

RIP 😢😢😢

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Stan Bowles on 21:04 - Feb 24 with 1689 viewsloftus77

Really sad news and I guess we'd all been fearing this day for some time.

There is a pantheon at Queens Park Rangers and Stan Bowles stands at the very pinnacle of it. The greatest QPR player of all time.

You can probably tell from my LFW name that I just missed out on Stan's (and QPR's) golden years. But in the period of 1977-79 he was still unquestionably the hero of my youth. The Main Man and legend to me and all around me. I recall him scoring a winning goal against Liverpool in 1977 (along with Leighton James iirc). He starred & dazzled in the mudbath of a 6-1 hammering of West Ham in the Cup. I loved his all-too-brief partnership with Tony Currie too in 1979.

So many memories. RIP Stan and Best Wishes to all the Bowles family.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024