Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stan Bowles 10:21 - Feb 23 with 31098 viewsBakes

Rest In Peace
[Post edited 24 Feb 21:36]

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Stan Bowles on 21:11 - Feb 24 with 2366 viewsManinBlack

Stan Bowles on 20:57 - Feb 24 by PinnerR

I feel priviliged that I got to see Rodney and Stanley playing live. It does mean that I am now very old, but it was worth every minute.

A really sad day, despite the win today. Part of me has died with Stan. Such a privilege to have watched him play and highly unlikely I will get to see anyone as good as he was ever play for this club again. RIP great man.
Stan Bowles on 21:13 - Feb 24 with 2323 viewsrichranger

It was because of Stan I supported QPR in the first place. In 1972 we played Cardiff, and I watched the highlights on 'The Big Match'. Stan was making one of his first appearances for us, and finished off a brilliant team move in what became his usual flamboyant style. It was love at first sight for me.
I met him a few years ago at a talk he gave - and they showed some of the highlights from his career, including that goal. I told him that's why I became a QPR fan.
What a loss.
There are so many stories of him off the pitch too. My friend Marilyn ran Stan's fan club. She told me of the time that the club rang her to ask Stan to return the annual Player of the Year trophy. Stan said 'Oh that cup - Iost it in a bet!'
Legend!!!!
My hear and thought go out to all that knew him. The World is a duller place tonight.
Stan Bowles on 21:32 - Feb 24 with 2187 viewsjeffranger

Such sad news & what a player & legend, saw marsh play but that man had it all & a maverick with the ball, had the pleasure of having a chat in the springbok with him & picture of himRIP Stan the man, my thoughts are with his family
Stan Bowles on 21:32 - Feb 24 with 2183 viewsqprxtc

God bless you Stan.
Stan Bowles on 21:33 - Feb 24 with 2175 viewsTonto

I was lucky enough to see him play. The best I saw in hoops. He will be badly missed. Tha kngod the last game we gave him was an important win.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Stan Bowles on 21:34 - Feb 24 with 2173 viewsBakes

Loft flags are raising money for a Stan banner with all excess going to a charity of the Bowles families choice

https://gofund.me/f2d7b3cb
[Post edited 24 Feb 21:35]

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Stan Bowles on 21:39 - Feb 24 with 2111 viewsnumptydumpty

Nice chat with Stan and memories of shooting the table in Superstars and excellent skills in a canoe
[Post edited 24 Feb 21:46]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Stan Bowles on 21:39 - Feb 24 with 2103 viewsHarbour

RIP Stan sending condolences and love best wishes to your family. I was lucky enough to see Stan at LR I was just a kid but I never forgot Stan a true legend.
Login to get fewer ads

Stan Bowles on 21:40 - Feb 24 with 2089 viewsCateLeBonR

RIP Stan
Stan Bowles on 21:44 - Feb 24 with 2040 viewsjtuck

V sad about Stan Bowles. Made me cry. And filled with memories of the crazy 70s. Appropriate his death was announced on a day the Ellersie Road stand now bearing his name was filled with fans overjoyed by a Rangers comeback win.

My first season ticket was a solo one in the Ellerslie near the School End when I was 13 in 74-75 season. Makes me v thankful for the fans who fought the long battle to name the stand and that he saw it and got to grin widely about it before he died.

For those who did not see him play, it's all true: a wonderful combination of footballing genius, anarchic, maverick, rogue attitude and sheer joy at playing the game. A true hero.

My brother suffers from dementia and early onset dementia at that and is, as we always say and think, 'Rangers through and through'. Dreading talking
about this with him but then also kinda of looking forward to it as we share our golden memories of the golden age of QPR.

Stan RIP.

LAranger

Stan Bowles on 21:45 - Feb 24 with 2028 viewsRsinWales

A little part of me, of our shared experience, and of QPR just passed away.

He scored on my first ever visit to LR. I will never forget him or the pride I had in supporting the club that Stan Bowles played for. Incomparably brilliant. Loved the man...
Stan Bowles on 21:46 - Feb 24 with 2025 viewsqprcmob

RIP The Legend that is Stan Bowles, One of only two heros's in my life the the other being Muhammed Ali. Thanks for many great childhood memories, a brilliant footballer and one heck of a character. Interviewer to Stan Bowles " Rumour has it that you've spent and lost all your money on gambling and booze, Stan's reply " Better than wasting it". Love The man, greatest QPR player of ALL TIME.
Stan Bowles on 21:53 - Feb 24 with 1952 viewsHAYESBOY

Never saw Stan play live as just before my time in going to Rangers. But I know how much he is loved by our fans and I was in tears earlier when it was announced.
Rest well Stan.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Stan Bowles on 22:09 - Feb 24 with 1837 viewsStanisgod

Stan Bowles on 20:12 - Feb 24 by ted_hendrix

I dreaded this day, I can see the daft sod now nutmegging some poor sod on a muddy pitch, I stood In the loft and could smell the mud from the pitch and I can smell It again now, he was us he was working class and he belonged to us.
We'd be struggling on the pitch and then 25--30 seconds of magic and he'd done It again only gone and scored.

I'm looking at his signed picture now hanging on the wall behind me.

Look out God, Stan Is coming up there now.

Thanks Stan, thanks for the memories....................

Sorry Ted, but Stan IS god . Got a shirt on my frontroom wall signed by the great man and the house will fall down before that does.Made my twenties the best time of my footballing life.
Sleep well my hero.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Stan Bowles on 22:13 - Feb 24 with 1809 viewsCHOPSKI

West Ham fan here.I remember seeing him and Gerry Francis in the 70's at the Cottage as my dads friend was a big fan....he was exceptional ,we lose people every day but this one hits a nerve.God bless you.
R.I.P Stan you legend.
Stan Bowles on 22:14 - Feb 24 with 1801 viewsLeedsR

RIP Stan the Man. Alas I too am too young to have seen him play live, but there is no doubt that he epitomised what makes our club the treasure it is. Condolences to his family and to those that knew him closely. Another lost to the great footie match in the sky.
Stan Bowles on 22:17 - Feb 24 with 1783 viewsStanisgod

Stan Bowles on 22:13 - Feb 24 by CHOPSKI

West Ham fan here.I remember seeing him and Gerry Francis in the 70's at the Cottage as my dads friend was a big fan....he was exceptional ,we lose people every day but this one hits a nerve.God bless you.
R.I.P Stan you legend.

Cheers mate.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Stan Bowles on 22:20 - Feb 24 with 1751 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Stan Bowles on 19:48 - Feb 24 by daveB

Made this a while back, absolute legend

Just watched this again.

Really gorgeous tribute. Nailed the character as well.

Great work, Dave.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Stan Bowles on 22:23 - Feb 24 with 1726 viewsRs_Holy

RIP legend ... One in a million doesn't do Stan the Man justice, we will never see the like of him again.
Stan Bowles on 22:24 - Feb 24 with 1700 viewsHooping_Mad

Gone but never forgotten, RIP Stan.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Stan Bowles on 22:25 - Feb 24 with 1686 viewsbrad

Stan the man..... Thats why im QPR......
Stan Bowles on 22:32 - Feb 24 with 1619 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Stan Bowles on 22:37 - Feb 24 with 1579 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Stan Bowles on 22:43 - Feb 24 with 1525 viewsrbee

So many memories of Stan, a cracking 3-3 game at Stamford Bridge, a cheeky dive for a pen at home to Man City.
Stan Bowles on 22:57 - Feb 24 with 1466 viewscharmr

The no 10 shirt, why I love football and made me fall in love with Rangers.

To put it it to words as best I can with a heavy weight of sadness on my shoulders.

It was truly a quite magical and esoteric experience when Stan Bowles got on the ball. On receiving the ball everyone sitting, shifted in their seats in unison, everyone standing shuffled or edged onto their standing foot and leaned forward all in anticipation of what was the great man going to do. No one ever knew. In that brief brief moment time stood still and froze and a hush came over the world at W12 because our Stanley was about to do his magic for our team in the best kit in the world.

Never ever experienced anything like it at a football match since. Extrodinary, truly extrodinary.

My Dad recently passed who took me to Rangers and he loved Stan just like me. Thank you Sir.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024