Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Frey 21:57 - Feb 24 with 11577 viewsbaz_qpr

Bit Marmite isn't he.

I thought he was excellent myself and a real threat in the box with excellent movement, pressed well and some decent hold up play. Reading through the board others thought he was toilet.
Frey on 22:02 - Feb 24 with 4393 viewsAirtomoreira

I think he's best summed up by my woodwork teacher's comment on my school report back in the day: "tries hard"
Frey on 22:07 - Feb 24 with 4346 viewsWatfordR

He's not our first striker over the last three or four years to be stood waiting for a cross to attack, is he?
Frey on 22:17 - Feb 24 with 4259 viewsrbee

He isn't Marmite he is still unknown.

Still getting match fitness, still new to The Championship, still getting used to living in the UK.
Frey on 22:19 - Feb 24 with 4231 viewsFredManRave

Freymite - Be to your taste, not to your taste or doing porridge.

But lets Freyt and see...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Frey on 22:25 - Feb 24 with 4170 viewsMrSheen

More prominent in the box than the alternatives even if he doesn’t look match fit yet. Unlucky with a header in the first half and near to another couple later. Also defends the near post at corners extremely well.
Frey on 22:26 - Feb 24 with 4145 viewsNortholt_Rs

I thought he tried his bollox off tbf…. and we won a must win game and we moved out of the relegation zone for the first time since September. Enjoy it FFS.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Frey on 22:27 - Feb 24 with 4153 viewsPhil_i_P_Daddy

Yet to impress but he knows to make his way into the box.

Phil_i_P

Frey on 22:48 - Feb 24 with 3991 viewskarlski

Frey on 22:27 - Feb 24 by Phil_i_P_Daddy

Yet to impress but he knows to make his way into the box.

Certainly a bit limited in open play (but no worse - in fact probably a touch better - than Dykes in my opinion), but single minded about charging into the box, getting across his man, and getting into threatening positions. Nifty finish v Norwich too. I like and think there’s more to come.
Login to get fewer ads

Frey on 23:19 - Feb 24 with 3823 viewsBoston

I think he'll score a few.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Frey on 23:33 - Feb 24 with 3766 viewsAntti_Heinola

Bit Marmite? As in anyone who knows what they're talking about thinks he's really tasty?
I thought he was fine, did some lovely flick-ons and won a lot in the air. Almost scored. Tied up their defenders well.

Bare bones.

Frey on 00:14 - Feb 25 with 3653 viewsParkRoyalR

Frey on 23:33 - Feb 24 by Antti_Heinola

Bit Marmite? As in anyone who knows what they're talking about thinks he's really tasty?
I thought he was fine, did some lovely flick-ons and won a lot in the air. Almost scored. Tied up their defenders well.

Dykes won more in last 10 than Fret did in first 80 minutes, but for Chris Willock Marti yet again nearly threw away a must win game against poor opposition with a bizarre starting XI selection.
Frey on 00:55 - Feb 25 with 3562 viewswombat

Frey on 00:14 - Feb 25 by ParkRoyalR

Dykes won more in last 10 than Fret did in first 80 minutes, but for Chris Willock Marti yet again nearly threw away a must win game against poor opposition with a bizarre starting XI selection.

Have to say the same thing . Wrong striker to start today esp as dykes had a very good game at city last week , still unfit so best to keep him as a last 20 min sub if we are pushing for a winner , dykes won more in his Short time on the pitch than Frey did , I hope he doesn’t st art at Leicester next week

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Frey on 02:39 - Feb 25 with 3453 viewsstrikerace

I said on the other thread, looks to me like Austin circa 2021. Dangerous in the box but offers little else. Dykes is much better in hold up play, and of course Sinclair has the pace and strength. What we really need is to combine the three, then we would have a top striker.
Frey on 06:49 - Feb 25 with 3317 viewsnix

He needs someone who can really put accurate crosses in the box, like Andersen to be really effective. What he does is just drift off the defender to steal a couple of yards of space or runs across the defender, both of which require really accurate delivery. He doesn’t attack speculative punts into the box because he doesn’t have the pace .

I wasn’t there yesterday as I was working but that’s my analysis from seeing him live at Bristol City. He definitely reads the game better than our other strikers and is constantly trying to work out how to create attacks. Unfortunately he doesn’t have the pace to be dangerous outside the box. Once again we need to play to our strikers strengths, which I don’t think we do in the enough. So when Dykes is playing we do the static balls into the box that Michi would deal better with (if accurately placed) rather than him attacking balls placed ahead of him with the midfield also running into the box so he isn’t being marked by three defenders.

Sinclair needs balls placed well ahead of him so he can use his pace but we need to place them
more accurately so he has a chance in hell of reaching them and the midfield need to draw defenders.
Frey on 06:57 - Feb 25 with 3273 viewscpgerber

I thought he certainly looked a lot more mobile than the first outing, which says his fitness is improving rapidly. A long run-out like yesterday would have done that no harm and on paper, this was the ideal opportunity to do just that.

We haven’t seen enough to make a full judgement, but I have a suspicionn he’ll put away a few that our others striker would usually miss.

Happy to have him on board.
Frey on 07:09 - Feb 25 with 3223 viewsFDC

Something about the way he moves makes me laugh, like he's really motoring but not actually moving.

I like him though, I think he reads the game much better than our other options. He does look more of a threat in the box too, although for much of the game delivery was poor, as per usual. Like Nix said, we probably need Andersen on the pitch to see what he can actually do.
Frey on 07:16 - Feb 25 with 3203 viewsdm97

Frey on 07:09 - Feb 25 by FDC

Something about the way he moves makes me laugh, like he's really motoring but not actually moving.

I like him though, I think he reads the game much better than our other options. He does look more of a threat in the box too, although for much of the game delivery was poor, as per usual. Like Nix said, we probably need Andersen on the pitch to see what he can actually do.

Picked up the same thing re running style. Arms and legs moving as if they’re in double speed while rest of him is slow mo. Like him, did one very good bit of hold up play in front of us in paddocks that freed chair down left. Exactly what we’ve wanted dykes to do for years and just doesn’t do it regularly.

Definitely an upgrade as a target man. Still want to see Sincs on more often that not though, especially away from home.
Frey on 07:25 - Feb 25 with 3165 viewsRuislipHoop

We could have Toney up front but if we don't give him early ball he won't score,
Frey on 07:45 - Feb 25 with 3106 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Frey on 07:09 - Feb 25 by FDC

Conjures up memories of Sammy Koejoe. His arms and legs may have pumped harder than the pistons on the Flying Scotsman, yet he seemed to move no faster than Captain Tom down the back straight.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Frey on 08:09 - Feb 25 with 3027 viewsLogman

Frey on 00:14 - Feb 25 by ParkRoyalR

I agree. Should have retained players from the Bristol City win. Field and one of Dykes or Armstrong shoud have started.
Frey on 08:13 - Feb 25 with 3009 viewsPunteR

I get Seb Poulter vibes from him, looks a bit unorthodox on the ball. I didnt see a massive improvement in quality yesterday between him and Dykes tbh. If he's still getting his match fitness up then fair enough.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Frey on 08:15 - Feb 25 with 3000 viewsEsox_Lucius

I don't really have a criticism of Frey yesterday, I just got the impression that Morrison had him in his pocket the whole time he was on the pitch.
Dykes did better against him when he came as he had the pace to get away from him and was better in the air. Frey has only had a handful of games, it's a bit early to start writing him off.

The grass is always greener.

Frey on 08:18 - Feb 25 with 2972 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I said on the match thread I thought he did well and showed some nice touches.

The running made me smile watching, it reminded me of me when I played outfield but I was a little bit faster, same running style.

I think he's getting sharper and quicker, as someone said a few decent crosses and he'll score a few.
First half we seemed to take ages to deliver the ball in.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Frey on 08:52 - Feb 25 with 2841 viewsstevec

Dykes showed what far too many of recent years players are best at, a nice 10 minute cameo.

Frey looks more like someone who can be useful over the full duration. I’ll take that for now.
Frey on 09:00 - Feb 25 with 2786 viewsgazza1

Frey improved during the match, started quite poorly though. He is new so lets not all start 'slagging' him.

Dykes we have seen for a couple of years and we know just how good he is, we could not get rid of him in any transfer window because he is poor. Tony Thorpe summed him up very well last week during commentary at Bristol....not me , not supporters just another ex pro who played in the forward line. If you didnt hear it, and he apologised for his comments.....useless!!! and laughed when he fell over trying to shoot at goal!!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024