Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leicester fan 10:19 - Mar 4 with 4758 viewsstowmarketrange

I bumped into a Leicester fan and his dad at Heathrow last night and I couldn’t resist engaging with him about Saturday’s game.He said pretty much what everyone else said and that we deserved the win and Leicester were pretty poor.He also said that he doesn’t think that Leicester will get promoted this season,which I thought was a bit strange.They’ve got more chance than 23 other teams in the championship.
Leicester fan on 10:20 - Mar 4 with 4131 viewsdaveB

judging by Saturday I think they might blow it as well, they looked like they had run out of ideas and energy
Leicester fan on 10:22 - Mar 4 with 4103 viewsNorthernr

The thing about them for me is they don't do anything different, regardless of the score, time of the game, anything really. That's fine when it's working, and it's worked all season really because they've got much better players than almost everybody else. But on the occasions it doesn't work, and it wasn't working on Saturday, then what do you do?
Leicester fan on 10:24 - Mar 4 with 4085 viewssaxbend

I suppose they could continue their slump and go on to lose to Hull in the playoff final, but I would rather them go up just so the Championship is a bit less skewed next season.
Leicester fan on 10:28 - Mar 4 with 4022 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Some of their fans on the BBC comments section were bemoaning the football they'd been playing all season.

A good few also said we deserved it.
[Post edited 4 Mar 10:29]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Leicester fan on 10:32 - Mar 4 with 3979 viewsLazyFan

Leicester will win the champ, they will sort it out.

All that happened was they met with the undefeatable force, Charity Park Rangers.

This team is well known to us, they defend all game get two chances and score and beat the best team in the division. If you are top, you should always fear the impending doom of Charity Park Rangers, especially when they need a win.

Conversely, if you're at the bottom, Charity Park Rangers is, of course, welcome charity, almost expected, a given.

Somehow Marti has worked this out and plays Charity at the top and traditional Superhoops for the rest.

Messiah!

zzzzzzzzzz

Leicester fan on 10:45 - Mar 4 with 3880 viewscyprusmel

I want them promoted, they are in my treble with Derby and Stockport.
Leicester fan on 10:45 - Mar 4 with 3876 viewsWokingR

Leicester fan on 10:32 - Mar 4 by LazyFan

Leicester will win the champ, they will sort it out.

All that happened was they met with the undefeatable force, Charity Park Rangers.

This team is well known to us, they defend all game get two chances and score and beat the best team in the division. If you are top, you should always fear the impending doom of Charity Park Rangers, especially when they need a win.

Conversely, if you're at the bottom, Charity Park Rangers is, of course, welcome charity, almost expected, a given.

Somehow Marti has worked this out and plays Charity at the top and traditional Superhoops for the rest.

Messiah!

But what happens if you're top of the league and due to play Qpr, but also have a player that has never scored a goal, ever, in 5,000 appearances ?
Leicester fan on 10:46 - Mar 4 with 3849 viewsHayesender

They've got a couple of tough away games coming up this week. Will be very interesting if they don't win at least one of them

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Login to get fewer ads

Leicester fan on 11:12 - Mar 4 with 3682 viewsslmrstid

Not to go all Keegan but I would love it, love it, if they blow it
Leicester fan on 11:30 - Mar 4 with 3560 viewskensalriser

Leicester fan on 10:22 - Mar 4 by Northernr

The thing about them for me is they don't do anything different, regardless of the score, time of the game, anything really. That's fine when it's working, and it's worked all season really because they've got much better players than almost everybody else. But on the occasions it doesn't work, and it wasn't working on Saturday, then what do you do?

As always though, fine margins. One of their first half chances goes in and Chair hits the post, it’s 2-1 instead of 1-2 and we’re all moaning about the amount of possession and space we conceded. As well as bitching about Dykes and Begovic, that’s happening whatever the weather.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Leicester fan on 12:09 - Mar 4 with 3345 viewsBoston

I've got the word 'and' stuck in my head ever since I was a kid whenever I hear or read the word Leicester.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Leicester fan on 13:08 - Mar 4 with 2997 viewsHayesender

I was glad they won the league a few years ago, but my god, they've all gone a bit premier league entitled for my liking.

There was one point their fans just to the left of us were singing something along the lines of "we're going up, your going down" to the beat of some tit with a drum, I thought I'd stumbled into an MLS game by mistake

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Leicester fan on 13:36 - Mar 4 with 2906 viewsManinBlack

Currently sitting on a failed TfW train near Bridgend for 90 minutes waiting to be rescued and have been touring South Wales since Friday when not stuck in a field like now. Missed the game altogether but from what I have read on the net from Leicester fans we brought the best support to the Kingpower this season. Maybe they are arrogant now from winning the Premier league and FA Cup which no doubt changed their outlook on their club but at least most seem to agree the best team won.

Called it wrong myself as couldn't see Leicester losing three on the spin but happy to be proved wrong. Rather galling again that our rivals won same as what happened against Rotherham.
Leicester fan on 14:04 - Mar 4 with 2756 viewsBAWHoops

Leicester fan on 10:22 - Mar 4 by Northernr

This is what Burnley did last season and they've reached the Prem and been completely found it.

I'm sure Maresca and Kompany are decent managers, but they are playing/played the league on easy with vastly superior players and set ups.

Leicester will go up, but if they rigidly stick to playing a certain way they will come straight back down.
The successful promoted clubs of the last 5-10 years (Brentford, Brighton and to some extent Luton) have done OK because they've adapted to the situation.

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Leicester fan on 14:18 - Mar 4 with 2682 viewslondonscottish

Leicester fan on 13:08 - Mar 4 by Hayesender

I was glad they won the league a few years ago, but my god, they've all gone a bit premier league entitled for my liking.

There was one point their fans just to the left of us were singing something along the lines of "we're going up, your going down" to the beat of some tit with a drum, I thought I'd stumbled into an MLS game by mistake

My son was watching the Leicester stream and had to call me at half time in disbelief.

The fact that there were 3,000 Rs there apparently had nothing to do with us taking 2,500-3,000 everywhere.

Oh no. It was Rangers' "big day out at the King Power". It was a "special experience."

WTAF?!?

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Leicester fan on 14:21 - Mar 4 with 2663 viewsCiderwithRsie

Leicester fan on 10:24 - Mar 4 by saxbend

I suppose they could continue their slump and go on to lose to Hull in the playoff final, but I would rather them go up just so the Championship is a bit less skewed next season.

Yes.

Plus, I don't actually mind Leicester, never have done. Time was when we had Allen up front, they had Lineker, plenty of so-called Big Clubs couldn't cope. Same sort of scuzzy feel about the place as Shepherds Bush (without our natural wit sophistication and charm, obvs.)
Leicester fan on 15:57 - Mar 4 with 2374 viewsTomS

My Dad was a big fan of Lester, especially in a Derby.
Leicester fan on 16:14 - Mar 4 with 2292 viewsessextaxiboy

Leicester fan on 14:21 - Mar 4 by CiderwithRsie

Yes.

Plus, I don't actually mind Leicester, never have done. Time was when we had Allen up front, they had Lineker, plenty of so-called Big Clubs couldn't cope. Same sort of scuzzy feel about the place as Shepherds Bush (without our natural wit sophistication and charm, obvs.)

Joe Waters ?
Leicester fan on 16:58 - Mar 4 with 2105 viewsrobith

Leicester fan on 17:18 - Mar 4 with 1984 viewsShotKneesHoop

Showing my age here….. “Oh, yes for the youngster!” A John Motson special when Joe Walters bagged a brace and Leicester surprisingly knocked us out of the FA Cup in the seventies.
[Post edited 4 Mar 17:20]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Leicester fan on 17:22 - Mar 4 with 1953 viewsMick_S

Leicester fan on 14:18 - Mar 4 by londonscottish

My son was watching the Leicester stream and had to call me at half time in disbelief.

The fact that there were 3,000 Rs there apparently had nothing to do with us taking 2,500-3,000 everywhere.

Oh no. It was Rangers' "big day out at the King Power". It was a "special experience."

WTAF?!?

That’s what the commentators said: big day out coming to the Kingpower.

Apart from that they were not too bad.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Leicester fan on 17:41 - Mar 4 with 1889 viewsthame_hoops

Leicester fan on 17:22 - Mar 4 by Mick_S

That’s what the commentators said: big day out coming to the Kingpower.

Apart from that they were not too bad.

Just goes to show how football fans are fickle, top of the league and not happy.Goodness me
Leicester fan on 17:51 - Mar 4 with 1836 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Leicester will be ok. Still, a penny for Mr. Gallagher's thoughts?
Leicester fan on 18:39 - Mar 4 with 1651 viewsHastings_Hoops

Leicester fan on 10:24 - Mar 4 by saxbend

Would be lovely to see them suffer a Watford/Stoke-like implosion.
Leicester fan on 18:40 - Mar 4 with 1649 viewsHastings_Hoops

Leicester fan on 10:45 - Mar 4 by WokingR

But what happens if you're top of the league and due to play Qpr, but also have a player that has never scored a goal, ever, in 5,000 appearances ?

You lose 2-1
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024