Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reading sell training ground to Wycombe Wanderers 02:17 - Mar 14 with 9626 viewsLandshark

Unbelievable really, I feel bad for Reading, great bit of business for Wycombe though.

Reading sell training ground to Wycombe Wanderers on 16:30 - Mar 14 with 2620 viewsLazyFan

Reading sell training ground to Wycombe Wanderers on 16:25 - Mar 14 by Juzzie

Hmmmm, not sure about that. You can never justify these things whether it's a year later or 20 years later.

I agree. What's worse is that the Dons part of MK Dons is still from Wimbledon.
Also, the EFL don't agree, and all titles transferred to MK Dons from the Wimbledon days have been stripped from them, as I understand it.

They should really rename themselves Milton Keynes City. They wanted to be a City so badly, they wanted a league team so badly, so this makes sense for them and removes the last vestige of their hostile takeover from Wimbledon fans.

It's very poor they are still allowed to use that name.

zzzzzzzzzz

Reading sell training ground to Wycombe Wanderers on 16:54 - Mar 14 with 2547 viewsloftboy

Reading sell training ground to Wycombe Wanderers on 16:28 - Mar 14 by joe90

The club was in a dire state, no ground, very low attendances, no support from the council etc. The fans now have a club they partly own AND they've got a brand new ground in Wimbledon. The move to MK definitely brought about a positive outcome for them.

The outcome would have been the same had the original Wimbledon gone bust, Winkleman bypassed the pyramid system and it never should have been allowed.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Reading sell training ground to Wycombe Wanderers on 16:59 - Mar 14 with 2532 viewsJigsore

you can't blame Wycombe, that's huge for them

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Reading sell training ground to Wycombe Wanderers on 17:05 - Mar 14 with 2507 viewsted_hendrix

Reading sell training ground to Wycombe Wanderers on 15:48 - Mar 14 by terryb

Where have Wycombe got the money from to buy this training ground?

I'm sure I read lots of times last season & during the summer that they were virtually broke & didn't have a pot to piss in! It would be a good purchase for them though.

Where will Reading now train & what will happen to the current WW training ground?

Reading FC pressure group Sell Before We Dai has responded to reports that owner Dai Yongge has agreed a deal to sell Bearwood Park training ground to Wycombe Wanderers FC.

Caroline Parker, Sell Before We Dai spokesperson, said: “The news that Reading FC owner Dai Yongge, his sister and fellow owner Dai Xiu Li, and CEO Dayong Pang, are selling our training ground shows that they never intended to sell the club. They’re intent on only one thing – killing Reading FC – a club with a proud 152-year history. This club is now firmly on life support.

“But if Yongge, Xiu Li and Pang are killing the club, then Wycombe Wanderers owner Rob Couhig is an accomplice. He might not have pulled the trigger, but he’s helping the owners to hide the body.

“Selling one of Reading’s key assets makes the club even less attractive to a new owner – and almost certainly scares off potential investors who were already having to contend with Yongge’s unpredictability, all while leaving more chaos for fans, players and staff to endure.

“But questions must be asked.

“To Yongge, Xiu Li and Pang – with a £1 million shortfall staring the club in the face, are they planning on using the funds to keep the club alive, or to run off with them to an off-shore tax haven, leaving Reading FC in an even more perilous situation?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Reading sell training ground to Wycombe Wanderers on 17:14 - Mar 14 with 2479 viewsjoe90

Reading sell training ground to Wycombe Wanderers on 16:54 - Mar 14 by loftboy

The outcome would have been the same had the original Wimbledon gone bust, Winkleman bypassed the pyramid system and it never should have been allowed.

Maybe? I guess we'll never know.

Do Dons fans even care about the 'rivalry'? Anyway, Wimbledon fans should move on.
Reading sell training ground to Wycombe Wanderers on 17:21 - Mar 14 with 2459 viewsLanhoop

Local press reporting that; “ It is also believed that if the sale of the training ground did not go ahead this month, Reading would be likely to go out of business.”

https://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/news/24184878.wycombe-save-reading-training-gro
Reading sell training ground to Wycombe Wanderers on 17:40 - Mar 14 with 2394 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Reading sell training ground to Wycombe Wanderers on 15:50 - Mar 14 by kensalriser

Maybe they could rent it to Reading?

According to the OP article, that's the plan.
Reading sell training ground to Wycombe Wanderers on 17:40 - Mar 14 with 2398 viewsRangersw12

Reading sell training ground to Wycombe Wanderers on 16:23 - Mar 14 by joe90

I think people need to get over the MK Dons thing. Wimbledon were never well supported and couldn't generate crowds even when they were in the PL. Always in the shadow of Chelsea. If anything, it's worked really well for Wimbledon.

They should have been on the pitch every game but they just allowed the club to die and abandoned it
Login to get fewer ads

Reading sell training ground to Wycombe Wanderers on 17:45 - Mar 14 with 2378 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Reading sell training ground to Wycombe Wanderers on 15:48 - Mar 14 by terryb

Where have Wycombe got the money from to buy this training ground?

I'm sure I read lots of times last season & during the summer that they were virtually broke & didn't have a pot to piss in! It would be a good purchase for them though.

Where will Reading now train & what will happen to the current WW training ground?

"The purchase is expected to be funded in part or whole by Mikheil Lomtadze, a former private equity investor from Georgia who generated revenues of $2.9 billion in 2022 and was confirmed by chairman Rob Couhig last month to be entering into a new partnership with the club."

(Courtesy of Lanhoop's link above)
Reading sell training ground to Wycombe Wanderers on 19:43 - Mar 14 with 2201 viewsTGRRRSSS

The ground has already been sold to a company owned by dai yonge.

If the training ground is sold, either to Wycombe or property developer then they only have the name and liabilities left, presumably dai become landlord and charge the club a fortune to stay at scl
Reading sell training ground to Wycombe Wanderers on 20:51 - Mar 14 with 2082 viewsderbyhoop

I thought Reading managed to get their academy teams to quite a high level. Guess that will go down the pan. Quicker than the 1st team?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Reading sell training ground to Wycombe Wanderers on 21:57 - Mar 14 with 1949 viewsDorse

I don't like Reading. There, I've said it.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Reading sell training ground to Wycombe Wanderers on 22:02 - Mar 14 with 1925 viewsFredManRave

Reading sell training ground to Wycombe Wanderers on 21:57 - Mar 14 by Dorse

I don't like Reading. There, I've said it.

Come on Dorse.

I know Spare was dissapointing, but there are alot of other good books out there.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Reading sell training ground to Wycombe Wanderers on 22:14 - Mar 14 with 1894 viewsSuperhoops2808

Reading this makes me realise that despite the loathing that comes from many about our owners, at least we are not currently in this position

And I think Wycombe renting them back the ground to use is unwise, they cant even pay their players let alone somewhere for them to train

Some club owners have really played their fans. I read a lengthy post about Birmingham and they are only suffering because some clown thought it would be a good idea to get Rooney in
Reading sell training ground to Wycombe Wanderers on 07:02 - Mar 15 with 1666 viewsnix

Reading sell training ground to Wycombe Wanderers on 22:14 - Mar 14 by Superhoops2808

Reading this makes me realise that despite the loathing that comes from many about our owners, at least we are not currently in this position

And I think Wycombe renting them back the ground to use is unwise, they cant even pay their players let alone somewhere for them to train

Some club owners have really played their fans. I read a lengthy post about Birmingham and they are only suffering because some clown thought it would be a good idea to get Rooney in

The Rooney one was absolutely bizarre up there with the Zola decision previously. Especially as Eustace was doing a good job.

Surely anyone with any kind of footballing knowledge would have had an inkling that Rooney was out of his depth and that any minor success he'd had in the past was down to Liam Rosenior, now doing a good job at Hull, 7th in the Championship on GD after being 21st when he took over last season.
Reading sell training ground to Wycombe Wanderers on 07:15 - Mar 15 with 1634 viewsWatford_Ranger

Reading sell training ground to Wycombe Wanderers on 16:30 - Mar 14 by LazyFan

I agree. What's worse is that the Dons part of MK Dons is still from Wimbledon.
Also, the EFL don't agree, and all titles transferred to MK Dons from the Wimbledon days have been stripped from them, as I understand it.

They should really rename themselves Milton Keynes City. They wanted to be a City so badly, they wanted a league team so badly, so this makes sense for them and removes the last vestige of their hostile takeover from Wimbledon fans.

It's very poor they are still allowed to use that name.

They handed over the history I believe. The one good thing they ever did. It was a disgrace it ever happened and that club will always be a stain on the football pyramid. Thankfully it’s failed thus far and they’ve gone backwards.

There was a MK club somewhere in non-league which folded when the franchise entity moved there. Winkleman could have bought that and done the normal thing to get them into the league in 5-10 years.
Reading sell training ground to Wycombe Wanderers on 07:30 - Mar 15 with 1605 viewsNorthernr

Reading sell training ground to Wycombe Wanderers on 20:51 - Mar 14 by derbyhoop

I thought Reading managed to get their academy teams to quite a high level. Guess that will go down the pan. Quicker than the 1st team?

It's a category A/1 training facility.
Reading sell training ground to Wycombe Wanderers on 07:32 - Mar 15 with 1598 viewsdaveB

My mates kid is in the Reading academy, they are absolutely fuming and trying to find out what happens to them now
Reading sell training ground to Wycombe Wanderers on 16:52 - Mar 15 with 1312 viewsDorse

Reading sell training ground to Wycombe Wanderers on 22:02 - Mar 14 by FredManRave

Come on Dorse.

I know Spare was dissapointing, but there are alot of other good books out there.

If I can't colour it in, it's shite.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Reading sell training ground to Wycombe Wanderers on 17:09 - Mar 15 with 1273 viewshubble

Didn't Dai Yongge used to do a double act with his mate Lee Vard?

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Reading sell training ground to Wycombe Wanderers on 19:03 - Mar 15 with 1164 viewsaston_hoop

North American consortium looking to take over Reading now, ready to happen next week,,,,

and this is what the Reading fans think......Marc Bircham is fronting it. Interesting

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Reading sell training ground to Wycombe Wanderers on 13:26 - Mar 18 with 810 viewsOldPedro

Looks like the sale isn't going through

Wycombe website statement:

"Wycombe Wanderers Football Club are putting on hold provision for funding to Reading Football Club and the acquisition of the Bearwood Park training facility from its owners.

A little over a week ago, Reading Football Club announced that it was selling its training ground. Wycombe’s majority investor, Feliciana EFL Ltd, made a proposal to purchase the grounds. Many of the details were still to be worked out, including potential sharing with Reading and how to ensure a smooth transition.

Importantly, it was agreed that while the details were being finalised and due diligence carried out, Feliciana would provide sufficient financing to Reading to allow it to pay its tax obligations and operating expenses, including payroll for the staff and players.

It was Wycombe and Feliciana’s belief that they were helping Reading and professional football with the offer to assist its neighbour in a manner that had historically been used in the past by many football clubs. Indeed, Wycombe’s own training ground had been sold over a decade ago to reduce operating expenses and fund the club when the club had its own financial issues.

Wycombe Wanderers Football Club and Feliciana have to put on hold the discussions and ongoing due diligence due to seeming planning limitations allowing only Reading FC to use the training grounds.

Wycombe continues to wish its neighbours good luck in solving its issues. For its part, Wycombe will continue its search for a training ground that meets its ambitions for the Club."

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024