Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Project Big Ben? 18:57 - Mar 15 with 9761 viewsHayesender

QPR seek new investors with funds to build new stadium to replace Loftus Road and get them back int… https://mol.im/a/13202579 via https://dailym.ai/android

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Project Big Ben? on 03:54 - Mar 16 with 3875 viewsLblock

Project Big Ben? on 22:16 - Mar 15 by FredManRave

Meanwhile, somewhere under Loftus Road;

Is that Odemienge I can see just to the left?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Project Big Ben? on 06:57 - Mar 16 with 3731 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Project Big Ben? on 03:54 - Mar 16 by Lblock

Is that Odemienge I can see just to the left?

Sure as sh1t ain't Richards!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Project Big Ben? on 08:08 - Mar 16 with 3649 viewsstevec

Project Big Ben? on 21:15 - Mar 15 by derbyhoop

It doesn't matter how much money any investors can raise, they will still be left with all the same issues.
The ground is barely fit for purpose, on a cramped site surrounded by residential properties. Unless they buy up a large slice of the surrounding properties then how do they get a state of the art ground?

It’s always best to stop reading at the point they say new state of the art stadium at Loftus Road.
Project Big Ben? on 08:28 - Mar 16 with 3591 viewsJuzzie

Project Big Ben? on 08:08 - Mar 16 by stevec

It’s always best to stop reading at the point they say new state of the art stadium at Loftus Road.

We can have one but it’ll hold about 15000 if we’re lucky.
Project Big Ben? on 10:22 - Mar 16 with 3335 viewsBAWHoops

Are we buying up the surrounding flats to dig down?

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Project Big Ben? on 10:42 - Mar 16 with 3301 viewsSonofpugwash

Big Ben?
Oh great,more f*cking stairs.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Project Big Ben? on 10:45 - Mar 16 with 3293 viewsSydneyRs

Dig Ben?
Project Big Ben? on 11:04 - Mar 16 with 3254 viewsslmrstid

Project Big Ben? on 08:28 - Mar 16 by Juzzie

We can have one but it’ll hold about 15000 if we’re lucky.

Sounds like a boutique stadium to me for the rich and exclusive.
Login to get fewer ads

Project Big Ben? on 13:37 - Mar 16 with 3023 viewsPaddyhoops

4th richest city per GDP , which may lost on the support base.
Patronising in the extreme.
Who writes this s**t?
Project Big Ben? on 13:40 - Mar 16 with 3013 viewsdutch

Project Big Ben? on 11:04 - Mar 16 by slmrstid

Sounds like a boutique stadium to me for the rich and exclusive.

Too much negativity on her. Whether any of this will happen I have no idea. But a state of the art, comfortable, modern multi use facility could easily be built on the current footprint with a similar capacity, which has always been my chosen option. The big issue is whether anyone will fund that, as it does not generate much extra revenue, and will be very costly. But a stadium in White City today is a properly attractive proposition, in a way it was not a decade ago. This area is our biggest asset, and if that means, a bit of bijou and boutique. Go for it.
Project Big Ben? on 16:27 - Mar 16 with 2873 viewsGroveR

Project Big Ben? on 20:05 - Mar 15 by Mick_S

Could we d.. No, don’t bother.

It's a little-known fact that the original lyrics to Christy Moore's seminal 1983 song "Don't Forget Your Shovel" were "Don't forget your shovel if you want to redevelop Loftus Road."

Despite trying every technique in musical theory to force it to scan (even including singing it in a Cork accent), Christy finally relented and substituted "...go to work" on place of "...redevelop Loftus Road", inadvertently turning the song into a tragi-comic narrative of the trials and tribulations of the Irish navvy in Britain in the 80s.
Project Big Ben? on 17:24 - Mar 16 with 2773 viewsRangersDave

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Project Big Ben? on 18:28 - Mar 16 with 2684 viewsJuzzie

Project Big Ben? on 13:40 - Mar 16 by dutch

Too much negativity on her. Whether any of this will happen I have no idea. But a state of the art, comfortable, modern multi use facility could easily be built on the current footprint with a similar capacity, which has always been my chosen option. The big issue is whether anyone will fund that, as it does not generate much extra revenue, and will be very costly. But a stadium in White City today is a properly attractive proposition, in a way it was not a decade ago. This area is our biggest asset, and if that means, a bit of bijou and boutique. Go for it.

It won’t have a similar capacity otherwise it could/would have been done.

15-16k max.
Project Big Ben? on 20:23 - Mar 16 with 2542 viewsslmrstid

Project Big Ben? on 13:40 - Mar 16 by dutch

I was more making a nod reference to the days of Tango and Cash with their boutique football club talk! Long time ago now admittedly, scarily.
Project Big Ben? on 21:03 - Mar 16 with 2483 viewsSonofpugwash

I've alerted Elon Musk.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Project Big Ben? on 21:15 - Mar 16 with 2452 viewsHoopsie

A 15,000 - 18,000 capacity stadium should be ok.

If on the current foot print we can’t do more than 17k, it is what it is : a new state of the art stadium with modern amenities in a historical football site in west London

The stadium for non-match day use debate, the jury is still out there. In the vicinity we have brentford, Fulham and Chelsea, so to get the stadium doing all these non-match day revenue-inducing events is a bit far fetched- we are competing with rival clubs and also surrounding commercial venues for such. We are not a one club town like burnley, which often been used for this argument when it comes to stadium capacity and multi use facility. But, you could have them in a boutique 15-17k stadium, really I don’t see why not.

The critical thing - our other 3 rivals are in the premier league with all the PL monies. That is what the investors pull is. Not really the stadium. But a nice new stadium and west London address definitely a plus. So is the Heston training ground.
[Post edited 16 Mar 21:18]

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

Project Big Ben? on 21:31 - Mar 16 with 2414 viewsHoopsie

“The key skills in question are likely to be related to property and stadium development, as the club's aspirations for Loftus Road feature heavily in the investment brochure.

Montminy say that QPR's vision is to 'produce a state-of-the-art, multi-purpose stadium, as part of a major regeneration in West London,' and claim that 'discussions are underway to further explore significant stadium development with local municipal authority.'

QPR declined to comment.”

Wait, hang on!

The article never suggested the new state of the art stadium is a redevelopment of loftus road. Loftus road is alluded more to “property” development rather than “stadium” reading the last few paragraphs of the article? But the club still wish to have a new stadium in west London - “discussion are underway to further explore significant stadium development with local municipal authority” - development not redevelopment.

Well, only the last sentence is not vague - QPR declined to comment.

Project Big Ben? on 22:01 - Mar 16 with 2333 viewsdmm

Project Big Ben? on 21:31 - Mar 16 by Hoopsie

“The key skills in question are likely to be related to property and stadium development, as the club's aspirations for Loftus Road feature heavily in the investment brochure.

Montminy say that QPR's vision is to 'produce a state-of-the-art, multi-purpose stadium, as part of a major regeneration in West London,' and claim that 'discussions are underway to further explore significant stadium development with local municipal authority.'

QPR declined to comment.”

Wait, hang on!

The article never suggested the new state of the art stadium is a redevelopment of loftus road. Loftus road is alluded more to “property” development rather than “stadium” reading the last few paragraphs of the article? But the club still wish to have a new stadium in west London - “discussion are underway to further explore significant stadium development with local municipal authority” - development not redevelopment.

Well, only the last sentence is not vague - QPR declined to comment.

The first line of the article is: "Queens Park Rangers are actively seeking new investors with the funds to build a new state-of-the-art stadium at Loftus Road and establish the club as regular members of the Premier League."
Project Big Ben? on 22:06 - Mar 16 with 2324 viewswombat

Project Big Ben? on 22:01 - Mar 16 by dmm

The first line of the article is: "Queens Park Rangers are actively seeking new investors with the funds to build a new state-of-the-art stadium at Loftus Road and establish the club as regular members of the Premier League."

Maybe and it’s a big maybe with the land from the jack tizzard school we could , maybe build something 21/22k capacity and it’d a bloody big maybe

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Project Big Ben? on 23:29 - Mar 16 with 2214 viewsHoopsie

Was reading another article: https://footballgroundguide.com/news/qpr-new-stadium-club-seeking-investment

“A new QPR stadium could become a reality in the coming years after it was revealed the club are actively seeking new investment to move from Loftus Road. The club reportedly want to build a brand-new, state of the art stadium to help them get back into the Premier League and establish themselves as a top-flight club.

According to the Daily Mail, a sales pitch has been sent to potential investors titled “Project Big Ben” and is looking to hook investors in by playing on QPR's location in London. According to the sales pitch, Loftus Road is currently worth between £50-64m while the club as a whole has been valued at £120m.”

Make out what we will, as long as the club not say a word, we can keep on guessing

By any chance, anyone seen the brochure?

Project Big Ben? on 10:56 - Mar 17 with 1820 viewsMedwayR

Project Big Ben? on 23:29 - Mar 16 by Hoopsie

Was reading another article: https://footballgroundguide.com/news/qpr-new-stadium-club-seeking-investment

“A new QPR stadium could become a reality in the coming years after it was revealed the club are actively seeking new investment to move from Loftus Road. The club reportedly want to build a brand-new, state of the art stadium to help them get back into the Premier League and establish themselves as a top-flight club.

According to the Daily Mail, a sales pitch has been sent to potential investors titled “Project Big Ben” and is looking to hook investors in by playing on QPR's location in London. According to the sales pitch, Loftus Road is currently worth between £50-64m while the club as a whole has been valued at £120m.”

Make out what we will, as long as the club not say a word, we can keep on guessing

By any chance, anyone seen the brochure?

I’d like to see this brochure too!

The club won’t comment on player injuries.
The club won’t comment on contract lengths.
The club won’t comment on ‘Project Big Ben’.

It won’t be long until the club refuses to release a fixture list. Secret games played at Heston and sold on PPV whilst Loftus Road gets turned into housing.

Poll: Who’s better?

Project Big Ben? on 11:10 - Mar 17 with 1780 viewsQPRConor2000

I do think this does point towards us basically rebuilding Loftus Road, which I do think is preferable over a move outside the borough.

I do wonder if these investors are coming to purely fund the rebuild of the stadium and to buy land etc?

[Post edited 17 Mar 11:13]
Project Big Ben? on 11:31 - Mar 17 with 1692 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Project Big Ben? on 11:10 - Mar 17 by QPRConor2000

I do think this does point towards us basically rebuilding Loftus Road, which I do think is preferable over a move outside the borough.

I do wonder if these investors are coming to purely fund the rebuild of the stadium and to buy land etc?

[Post edited 17 Mar 11:13]

Tricky this.

OOC had, on paper at least, three advantages. One, there was sufficient land to build housing/amenities which would make money to offset the cost of building the stadium. Secondly, redeveloping the LR site would also generate profits to offset OOC development costs, and finally, the new stadium would generate income from non-QPR fixtures for the club.

Now, those 'profits' save income generated by the new stadium, were for the Malaysian boys, but we got a brand new Jerusalem with all the advantages of increased capacity, great water pressure, and legroom.

Redeveloping LR on its own, however, doesn't appear to have the ability for investors to cover costs as much as OOC, and thus, anyone ponying up cash, is going to have to be in it for the longhaul. By my reckoning, it may mean the current owners are trying to make it seem an attractive long-term project that will eventually wash its face, and allow them to exit in full or, have a reduced stake and exposure.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Project Big Ben? on 17:28 - Mar 17 with 1322 viewsWhip_It

This ongoing saga is always a bag of riddles and secrecy, and this time round the slightly baffling thing (at least to me) is why our vastly wealthy owners require external investment at all. Surely they can use their own private wealth?

The club has also been hinting that either behind the School End and/or other land adjoining the ground may be available. And then of course, there is this proposed design, perhaps showing the art of the possible:

https://www.michaeldrain.com/project/qpr-stadium-loftus-road#3

Making better use of the existing space would give us a decent capacity and more revenue from hospitality, and this doesn't seem beyond reason.

One thing that would be refreshing would be a bit of honesty from the club about exactly what their intentions are, and how things sit with the equally tight-lipped Council.
Project Big Ben? on 17:50 - Mar 17 with 1255 viewsQPRConor2000

Project Big Ben? on 17:28 - Mar 17 by Whip_It

This ongoing saga is always a bag of riddles and secrecy, and this time round the slightly baffling thing (at least to me) is why our vastly wealthy owners require external investment at all. Surely they can use their own private wealth?

The club has also been hinting that either behind the School End and/or other land adjoining the ground may be available. And then of course, there is this proposed design, perhaps showing the art of the possible:

https://www.michaeldrain.com/project/qpr-stadium-loftus-road#3

Making better use of the existing space would give us a decent capacity and more revenue from hospitality, and this doesn't seem beyond reason.

One thing that would be refreshing would be a bit of honesty from the club about exactly what their intentions are, and how things sit with the equally tight-lipped Council.

I think the reason why the club have been quiet is cause they dont want to almost pre-empt anything and upset anyone, I remember us putting out an economic report impact of us moving to Linford Christie Stadium, and the Council got upset about it.

sometimes you cant be too transparent cause it might set us back.

I could see us buying up the Jack Tizzard School and the Houses behind the School End and we potentially shift the pitch slightly to allow us a bigger footprint to rebuild Loftus Road in.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024