Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Armstrong New Contract ? 17:35 - Apr 6 with 15552 viewsessextaxiboy

No thanks , let him go .
Has learnt the square root of fck all . Clunky centre backs have him sussed . Referees give him nothing and he doesn’t change or try anything new . Doesn’t hold the ball up , limited basic ball skills , can’t finish consistently . Dodgy temperament
He should switch to RL IMO
Not personal as he seems like a nice guy .. it just hasn’t worked .. IMO
Armstrong New Contract ? on 17:37 - Apr 6 with 5146 viewsGloucs_R

Personally I would give him a 2+1 year contract but then stick him on loan for the next 12 months.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Armstrong New Contract ? on 17:42 - Apr 6 with 5074 viewsted_hendrix

Unless I'm mistaken he never seems to have a good game when he starts?
Against tiring defenders with 15-0 minutes to go he's a nightmare.
Couldn't go today but watching on a screen although not brilliant I thought he was very very ineffective and stupid in equal measures.
We are so poor with regard to strikers.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Armstrong New Contract ? on 17:48 - Apr 6 with 5006 viewsstevec

The centre half he was up against looked like one of Audley Harrison’s pork belly stooges but as shit as he was he had Armstrong in his pocket.
Armstrong New Contract ? on 17:48 - Apr 6 with 5018 viewsrbee

There was a lively debate on here a few months ago where people were saying that Armstrong could become a much better player with coaching.

Personally I couldn't see that with Armstrong but of course would hope that I am wrong. We leave such decisions to Marti and his team, if it was up to us fans then Sir Les, Furlong and Helgusson would have departed the club before they became club legends.

I wouldn't judge Armstrong or any other player today in what was a poor team performance.
Armstrong New Contract ? on 17:50 - Apr 6 with 4995 viewsRs_Holy

Armstrong New Contract ? on 17:42 - Apr 6 by ted_hendrix

Unless I'm mistaken he never seems to have a good game when he starts?
Against tiring defenders with 15-0 minutes to go he's a nightmare.
Couldn't go today but watching on a screen although not brilliant I thought he was very very ineffective and stupid in equal measures.
We are so poor with regard to strikers.

The correct... he is only effective as an impact sub but it's a bit niche and maybe a luxury the club cannot really afford???
[Post edited 7 Apr 11:50]
Armstrong New Contract ? on 18:00 - Apr 6 with 4897 viewsParkRoyalR

Armstrong New Contract ? on 17:50 - Apr 6 by Rs_Holy

The correct... he is only effective as an impact sub but it's a bit niche and maybe a luxury the club cannot really afford???
[Post edited 7 Apr 11:50]

Harsh but that one's on Marti,

Play 3 No 10's and punt it aimlessly over the top like U14's football to the quick lad up top,

Armstrong's not a starter + Frey on current fitness isn't either,

Keep it simple, start Dykes, get some structure + control of the game and then twist late on, come on Marti, keep it simple.
Armstrong New Contract ? on 18:27 - Apr 6 with 4732 viewslassel

I mean it feels a bit harsh, but he absolutely needs to be out on loan in L1 or L2 next year.
Armstrong New Contract ? on 18:34 - Apr 6 with 4642 viewsSteveB

Get rid, waste of a shirt. Offers nothing but fouls going forward, useless in defence. No strikers instinct. Useless. Bin him off.
Login to get fewer ads

Armstrong New Contract ? on 18:35 - Apr 6 with 4631 viewsplasmahoop

I'd keep him personally. He may be limited at present and been poor today, but he has had some good moments this year. I'd agree that a loan spell might do him some good. I think there's potential to work with there anyway
Armstrong New Contract ? on 18:45 - Apr 6 with 4547 viewsRangersw12

We gave Dykes a new contract which made him our highest paid player so surely Armstrong deserves another one as well

He's young and will improve
Armstrong New Contract ? on 18:49 - Apr 6 with 4521 viewsSteveB

Armstrong New Contract ? on 18:45 - Apr 6 by Rangersw12

We gave Dykes a new contract which made him our highest paid player so surely Armstrong deserves another one as well

He's young and will improve

Or learn from previous, costly mistakes?
Armstrong New Contract ? on 18:51 - Apr 6 with 4506 viewsPaddyhoops

He was decent first ten minutes. His marker had his number after that . Held him round the waist for the rest of the game.
Bless him , he couldn’t trap a bag of cement today.
Dykes came on and the first touch was to handle the ball.
Christ 😡
Armstrong New Contract ? on 18:58 - Apr 6 with 4437 viewsconnell10

Like the rest of the team utterly useless, just kept doing the same thing over and over again!! Was he playing wing or centre forward! Woeful performance!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Armstrong New Contract ? on 19:08 - Apr 6 with 4358 viewsDamo1962

Send him on loan then. I'll be amazed if he pulls up any trees in L1 or 2. Feel for the lad, as he has just picked the wrong sport...just like Inkman.
Armstrong New Contract ? on 19:15 - Apr 6 with 4320 viewspaulparker

I’d rather we got rid of Dykes , utter Sh1t and offered nothing again today
Summed up by Smyths long throw , the only one in the box was Armstrong with Dykes 10 yards away from him doing nothing , it’s not rocket science it’s a long throw in the box FFS get in there and make a nuisance of yourself

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Armstrong New Contract ? on 19:24 - Apr 6 with 4282 viewsbosh67

We definitely need to get a dedicated strikers coach in the summer. I always think we have one under our noses in Paul Furlong. Amstrong works very hard but needs to learn how to be an actual striker. I'd keep him on but put him under proper dedicated coaching.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Armstrong New Contract ? on 19:26 - Apr 6 with 4274 viewsnumptydumpty

Armstrong New Contract ? on 18:27 - Apr 6 by lassel

I mean it feels a bit harsh, but he absolutely needs to be out on loan in L1 or L2 next year.

I agree with this.

The hope is he improves.

My main issue with him, is his childish tantrums.

Sometimes he starts banging the floor in frustration after what he considers a dodgy decision, when if be doesn't do this, he could be in position when we win ball back.

And the extremely long celebrations are very OTT but only one or two a season anyhow.

He is not learning much though.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Armstrong New Contract ? on 19:33 - Apr 6 with 4214 viewsDamo1962

Armstrong New Contract ? on 19:15 - Apr 6 by paulparker

I’d rather we got rid of Dykes , utter Sh1t and offered nothing again today
Summed up by Smyths long throw , the only one in the box was Armstrong with Dykes 10 yards away from him doing nothing , it’s not rocket science it’s a long throw in the box FFS get in there and make a nuisance of yourself

We need rid of both. We are in danger of falling into the same trap with Armstrong as we did with Dykes... that there is a striker in there just waiting to come out( not me of course😉)We are still waiting with Dykes, and will be forever, and I'm not sure I have the patience to go through it all again with Armstrong.
Armstrong New Contract ? on 19:47 - Apr 6 with 4188 viewsbaz_qpr

Seems a bit over the top.

If we are calling out anyone today it should be Chair and Willock who were both utterly woeful. Chair seems to be in a sulk since Anderson came in the team, and Willock looks to be back to saving himself for the transfer window again.
Armstrong New Contract ? on 19:55 - Apr 6 with 4126 viewsWestonsuperR

Fantastic athlete but never a footballer at this level. The best we can hope for is a loan to league 1 and see if he improves but goal scoring record of something like 3 leagues goals in 55 appearances speaks for itself.

The talk of Premier League clubs being interested is laughable.
Armstrong New Contract ? on 19:57 - Apr 6 with 4102 viewsWestonsuperR

Armstrong New Contract ? on 19:47 - Apr 6 by baz_qpr

If we are calling out anyone today it should be Chair and Willock who were both utterly woeful. Chair seems to be in a sulk since Anderson came in the team, and Willock looks to be back to saving himself for the transfer window again.

I can’t see how Willock will make much of an effort now and risk injury when he is about to pick up a large signing on fee at his new club.
[Post edited 6 Apr 19:58]
Armstrong New Contract ? on 19:57 - Apr 6 with 4098 viewsMetallica_Hoop

He ran Ipswich ragged at Loftus Road and was unlucky not to score.

Just my opinion but I think he still has potential, as mentioned maybe a loan in league 1 would reap long term benefits.

He's still young and it's not like we have any money.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Armstrong New Contract ? on 20:06 - Apr 6 with 4034 viewsDylanP

While he isn't particularly effective, he is a lot better than Lyndon and offers a lot more than Frey, on current form. Dykes bustles around as far away from the firing line as he can get, so he is never anywhere near the ball, in the box to receive a cross, making a run to either the front post or back post, or literally anywhere useful. Frey is slow and lumbering. He may get better as his fitness improves, I suppose. At least Armstrong is interested in the game and provides an option up front. Obviously, playing him alone up front is ridiculous. Lobbing it up the line for Armstrong to run onto, without having someone running into the box to get onto the next ball, makes no sense and means that Armstrong is expected to run 30 yards to win the ball and then another to get into the box and then go around 2-3 defenders and then shoot past the goalie. He isn't talented enough to achieve all that. Mind you, Messi probably isn't either.

Today we had too many players who spent most of the game hiding, and Sinclair was not one of them.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Armstrong New Contract ? on 20:15 - Apr 6 with 3973 viewstraininvain

I understand the frustration but come on we’re not good enough to be writing players like Armstrong off following one or two bad performances. He’s far from the finished article but he’s young and we shouldn’t be relying on him as much as we have this season.

It’s wrong to be digging out a young lad who’s doing his best and still learning the game imo. I’d hate to think that he’s seen this post and the impact it could have on him and his career.
[Post edited 6 Apr 20:17]
Armstrong New Contract ? on 20:21 - Apr 6 with 3942 viewsPaddyhoops

Armstrong New Contract ? on 19:47 - Apr 6 by baz_qpr

Fair point . Everyone bar Cook were terrible.
We were so passive first half . Just let them have the ball . Like the dark days under Ainsworth.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024