Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Armstrong New Contract ? 17:35 - Apr 6 with 17457 viewsessextaxiboy

No thanks , let him go .
Has learnt the square root of fck all . Clunky centre backs have him sussed . Referees give him nothing and he doesn’t change or try anything new . Doesn’t hold the ball up , limited basic ball skills , can’t finish consistently . Dodgy temperament
He should switch to RL IMO
Not personal as he seems like a nice guy .. it just hasn’t worked .. IMO
Armstrong New Contract ? on 20:24 - Apr 6 with 2430 viewsBeckenhamhoop

I’ve said it all season; he’s league 2 level at best. Appalling touch, doesn’t hold the ball up (although I accept that’s not his game, he still has to do better) and when he’s got the ball at his feat heading goal wards he gets the ball taken off him because a) he’s predictable b) he cannot protect the ball c) he pushes the ball too far ahead/ goes out of play.
This leads to the part of his game that winds me up more than anything else - the histrionic pitch punching when he doesn’t get the decision he wants. He does it to distract from the fact that….he’s gash.
I hope the rumours of a new contract are not true. I just don’t see what people see in him.
Armstrong New Contract ? on 20:44 - Apr 6 with 2333 viewsDiscodroids

Man, this is hard..it's like slagging off your nans colostomy bag..

he's a roman candle firework.. a uranium fissile missile, a blitzkreig slow motion riot in blue and white hoops. A molten flow of magma.. Burning bright magnesium in a petridish..

The young bloke you would sell your arse for on ronnie krays meatrack to marry your daughter. He's one of us to the bone marrow..

alas , imo, he will never be a finisher , a goal poacher, Goal scorer, center forward as long as Nancy Spungen wore ripped fishnets. I love the kid. in extremis. But a striker.. no.. never.

no shame in that, i wanted to open the batting for middlesex and had to settle working as a reinsurance broker at lloyds of london before a nervous breakdown and retraining as a probation officer of no great note.

Sinclair has surmounted the sawtooth waves of achievement i never dreamed of. The worlds his lobster, my son. Just not as a striker.

IMO.

[Post edited 6 Apr 20:51]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Armstrong New Contract ? on 20:49 - Apr 6 with 2307 viewsrobith

I dont really get our fans sometimes. Anytime he doesn't start people start chanting for him from like the 25th minute - but a subpar showing in a horror show from the team and suddenly he's useless and should be entirely discarded???
Armstrong New Contract ? on 20:54 - Apr 6 with 2277 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Armstrong New Contract ? on 20:49 - Apr 6 by robith

I dont really get our fans sometimes. Anytime he doesn't start people start chanting for him from like the 25th minute - but a subpar showing in a horror show from the team and suddenly he's useless and should be entirely discarded???

Far to concise and level headed, how dare you. Lost in the midfield, yet a thread about the striker. Again!
Armstrong New Contract ? on 21:08 - Apr 6 with 2196 viewsDiscodroids

fu ck off Goody!

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Armstrong New Contract ? on 21:09 - Apr 6 with 2196 viewsessextaxiboy

Armstrong New Contract ? on 20:54 - Apr 6 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Far to concise and level headed, how dare you. Lost in the midfield, yet a thread about the striker. Again!

It’s not a thread about how we lost the game but if our out of contract striker(that started today ) has improved enough to warrant a new one ..
Armstrong New Contract ? on 21:15 - Apr 6 with 2181 viewsqprd

Armstrong New Contract ? on 20:54 - Apr 6 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Nah the game wasn’t lost in midfield, it was Armstrong

It’s nice that he can run behind but he can’t win the ball via long balls, he can’t hold it up and his first touch is shocking… if he’s not running behind, he’s shocking

He gives us moments but he’s not a striker who can help you get a toe hold in the game
Armstrong New Contract ? on 21:32 - Apr 6 with 2101 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Armstrong New Contract ? on 21:15 - Apr 6 by qprd

It’s nice that he can run behind but he can’t win the ball via long balls, he can’t hold it up and his first touch is shocking… if he’s not running behind, he’s shocking

He gives us moments but he’s not a striker who can help you get a toe hold in the game

The game wasn't lost in midfield? Every game is won, or lost, in midfield.

I don't think Armstrong is particularly good, he runs around a lot, but nothing else beside it. Certainly not responsible for the defeat though.

The midfield was awful. Willock was at his 'waving a foot at it' best. Shocking.
Login to get fewer ads

Armstrong New Contract ? on 21:49 - Apr 6 with 1999 views1JD

There has been a lot of clamour to start Armstrong and today showed why that’s not very a good idea, especially as a lone striker.

Weaknesses were exposed quite dramatically today I thought. Yes he’s good in the channel, but he also stifled our entire play. It’s all about the balance. The players look baffled about how to approach the final third, chair especially.

You can’t pass into him, you can’t cross. And if the channel pass is not on, you are pretty much done. At this stage of his career, there is much work to be done, Sinclair is a weapon off the bench, or needs to he part of a two man strikeforce.
Armstrong New Contract ? on 21:51 - Apr 6 with 1988 viewsdaveB

Armstrong New Contract ? on 18:00 - Apr 6 by ParkRoyalR

Harsh but that one's on Marti,

Play 3 No 10's and punt it aimlessly over the top like U14's football to the quick lad up top,

Armstrong's not a starter + Frey on current fitness isn't either,

Keep it simple, start Dykes, get some structure + control of the game and then twist late on, come on Marti, keep it simple.

I admire your persistence with Dykes but what did he do in his cameo today to make you think he should be starting?

Armstrong did OK, problems were elsewhere in the team today
Armstrong New Contract ? on 21:55 - Apr 6 with 1977 viewsdaveB

We never gave him a pass to hold up!
Everything for him was over the top to chase
Armstrong New Contract ? on 21:55 - Apr 6 with 1976 viewstraininvain

That’s it though mate. Fcuk this youngster’s career because I’ve got the hump after a loss today and I want to let off some steam.

He’s a youngster learning his trade at a level probably beyond what should be expected at this stage in his career. A 20 year old kid who wears his heart on his sleeve and clearly wants to do well for the club.

He’s had a bad game today but who hasn’t and overall I’d say that Armstrong is one of a a few players in our squad who can hold their heads high at the end of this season.

I don’t want to be harsh on OP but I hope he will reconsider this post tomorrow in the cold light of day.
Armstrong New Contract ? on 22:08 - Apr 6 with 1915 viewsessextaxiboy

Armstrong New Contract ? on 21:55 - Apr 6 by traininvain

That’s it though mate. Fcuk this youngster’s career because I’ve got the hump after a loss today and I want to let off some steam.

He’s a youngster learning his trade at a level probably beyond what should be expected at this stage in his career. A 20 year old kid who wears his heart on his sleeve and clearly wants to do well for the club.

He’s had a bad game today but who hasn’t and overall I’d say that Armstrong is one of a a few players in our squad who can hold their heads high at the end of this season.

I don’t want to be harsh on OP but I hope he will reconsider this post tomorrow in the cold light of day.

I understand and respect that you dont agree but honestly if he is a professional footballer and allows a thread on a message board to affect his whole career he needs to find a thicker skin or dont read it .
Its just about whether we renew his contract or shake hands and spend our money elsewhere . Kolli shows much more promise IMO
Armstrong New Contract ? on 22:18 - Apr 6 with 1860 viewsqprd

Sensible fans don’t want him discarded

However it was pretty clear that he wasn’t working …. We should’ve subbed him off at halftime or at least brought someone to accompany him
Armstrong New Contract ? on 22:21 - Apr 6 with 1826 viewsstainrods_elbow

Armstrong New Contract ? on 22:08 - Apr 6 by essextaxiboy

I understand and respect that you dont agree but honestly if he is a professional footballer and allows a thread on a message board to affect his whole career he needs to find a thicker skin or dont read it .
Its just about whether we renew his contract or shake hands and spend our money elsewhere . Kolli shows much more promise IMO

Heavy-heartedly, I'm beginning to agree, and think his next performance (on the pitch or off the bench) will tell us plenty. Whatever coaching he's getting doesn't seem to be achieving much, and you have to ask how much real potential he has. If we can send him out somewhere decent on a season-long loan next year, we should get a clearer idea, but he was a walking card today, and he need to channel his temper. I wonder how he's seeing and feeling it right now.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Armstrong New Contract ? on 22:42 - Apr 6 with 1787 viewsAntti_Heinola

Armstrong New Contract ? on 20:21 - Apr 6 by Paddyhoops

Fair point . Everyone bar Cook were terrible.
We were so passive first half . Just let them have the ball . Like the dark days under Ainsworth.

Some of Cook's passing today was atrocious. They were all bad.

Bare bones.

Armstrong New Contract ? on 22:43 - Apr 6 with 1778 viewsParkRoyalR

Armstrong New Contract ? on 21:51 - Apr 6 by daveB

I admire your persistence with Dykes but what did he do in his cameo today to make you think he should be starting?

Armstrong did OK, problems were elsewhere in the team today

This team struggles when they go a goal behind as lack the WingBacks to get behind teams,

The game was a struggle when Dykes came on as their tails were up, they got 10 men behind the ball and defended for their lives,

Maybe I'm in the minority but when I saw that team-sheet I expected what followed.

Hopefully Marti doesn't make the same mistake on Tuesday, as defending against U14's tactics is easy at this level, as Wednesday showed.

Still gift of a 1st goal and Anderson's shot goes in off the bar and we'd have got a point we deserve.

Start Dykes get some control and then when you switch to 3-5-2 decide if Frey + Armstrong have more to offer.

Starters in a lone striker role they ain't.
Armstrong New Contract ? on 22:44 - Apr 6 with 1783 viewssevenhoop

Armstrong New Contract ? on 19:57 - Apr 6 by WestonsuperR

I can’t see how Willock will make much of an effort now and risk injury when he is about to pick up a large signing on fee at his new club.
[Post edited 6 Apr 19:58]

He is wasted out wide. Can’t affect the game much from there. Don’t understand why Anderson and he don’t swap positions. But, as others have said, the manager is working miracles with a sow’s ear
Armstrong New Contract ? on 23:31 - Apr 6 with 1704 viewsNortholt_Rs

It was absolutely lost in midfield today. Ours was atrocious to a man.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Armstrong New Contract ? on 23:38 - Apr 6 with 1694 viewsNed_Kennedys

Armstrong New Contract ? on 19:47 - Apr 6 by baz_qpr

Seems a bit over the top.

If we are calling out anyone today it should be Chair and Willock who were both utterly woeful. Chair seems to be in a sulk since Anderson came in the team, and Willock looks to be back to saving himself for the transfer window again.

ALL the attacking players were dogsh1t today but Chair and Willock were both awful.

I agree that Chair looks like he’s got the hump that Anderson has rightly been given all the set piece deliveries. He cannot have any arguments though: Anderson’s set piece deliveries since his arrival are quality compared to what Chair or Paal could manage.

As for Willock the guy hardly broke a sweat today, hardly ever showing for the ball which led to all the aimless punts forward towards Armstrong who controlled nothing. If we are playing one up front we have to start Dykes who at least might win the ball and bring others into play.
Armstrong New Contract ? on 23:50 - Apr 6 with 1671 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Armstrong New Contract ? on 23:38 - Apr 6 by Ned_Kennedys

ALL the attacking players were dogsh1t today but Chair and Willock were both awful.

I agree that Chair looks like he’s got the hump that Anderson has rightly been given all the set piece deliveries. He cannot have any arguments though: Anderson’s set piece deliveries since his arrival are quality compared to what Chair or Paal could manage.

As for Willock the guy hardly broke a sweat today, hardly ever showing for the ball which led to all the aimless punts forward towards Armstrong who controlled nothing. If we are playing one up front we have to start Dykes who at least might win the ball and bring others into play.

Willock had multiple chances to put in early crosses but then dicked around and we lost the ball and those chances .I wont mention his left foot shot ffs .
Chair seems way off the pace to me maybe the pressure of the trial/sentance is taking its toll.
Armstrong is probably the most frustrating player we have on the entire squad .His breakaway and attempted cross when we needed a good pass was shocking and if a U14 player did that they would get subbed off immediatly .
We have nobody to score goals oa a consistant basic and its not been addressed for 2 years now .
The Easter Miracle is over the next couple of games are critical now we need goals and we need them now
Armstrong New Contract ? on 00:43 - Apr 7 with 1629 viewsplasmahoop

Armstrong New Contract ? on 22:08 - Apr 6 by essextaxiboy

Kolli shows more potential by not playing? He had a couple of little cameos and hasn't been fit since. Armstrong has at least played the games
Armstrong New Contract ? on 06:36 - Apr 7 with 1468 viewsswisscottage

Armstrong's not helped by the fact that when he does get behind the opposition defence, he then has to wait 30 seconds before any of our lazy arsed players saunter into the final third to offer him a pass.
Armstrong New Contract ? on 07:28 - Apr 7 with 1412 viewsbongo_king

Yesterday was the first time I can remember Armstrong being pocketed like that. Sure he always has his limitations, but normally his pace and power terrify defenders. But in Diaby (I think it was) he came up against his match in strength and power, and probably from being older and a CB he was wilier. Armstrong probably was not the horse for the course yesterday, maybe Frey with his more subtle movement would have troubled Diaby more.

On Armstrong more broadly, he's simply doesn't seem to be developing enough. He still relies almost entirely on pace and power, which are rare assets in the game but not enough alone. His game intelligence still seems poor and he has a habit of switching off.. the joy he got yesterday was through running the channels, but the times he did it well, passing the ball to one of the AMs he kind of sauntered around, either admiring his work or catching a breather or both. Exactly the time he needs to either be busting a gut to get in the box, or positioning himself to work the ball into the box on 1-2s or alike.

Worth another contract IMO, if wage reflects his limited role, as his assets are so tough to find (remember we spent 2m on Bonne trying to get a fast forward and remember how that worked out!) But feels like he's 1-2 years behind where he should be in development, and if there isn't that development over the next 18 months or so, I agree he'll probably end up as an highly effective lower L1 to L2 forward based entirely on physicality, with no prospect of playing higher.
Armstrong New Contract ? on 07:52 - Apr 7 with 1365 viewsQPROslo

Definitely, yes. I reckon he's already worth a bit and that will no doubt grow if he progresses as he has done. He got around and behind SW's defence many times, far, far more than Dykes or Frey ever manage and was the biggest threat to them. What he lacked apart from very early on was any support from the attacking midfield 3 or Smyth when he came on. Smyth has pace and he really should be getting up there with Sinclair.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024