Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pilgrim and Bare It - Plymouth Vs QPR Match Thread 07:48 - Apr 7 with 39399 viewsSpaceman_P

Is a Devonshire pasty better than a Cornish one? too much cider in your glass, too much petrol in your car.

The long trip on a Tuesday night, doesn't sound good on paper, the relegation battle is nigh.

Marti will be fuming and Xavi (the calm before the storm). Serious words will have been had, hopefully heads will have been smacked (not with Ilias' rocks mind).

Sorry Monkey, I am going to take the reigns on this one. You did very well, a great effort, the team let you down yesterday. How can they disrespect both Monkey and Marti in the way they did?

Not feeling too confident with this one, plus I will be working and will miss the stream.

But you know the guys, they do have it in them. But we can't underestimate the Country bumpkins.

Plymuffs 0 - 1 QPR The goal coming from either Willock or Chair, just because they owe us one. Although I would like to see the Danish Messiah finally grab a goal and hopefully resurrect the teams spirits.

tight game!! tighter than discos' prose and tighter than Taylor Richards' agent.

Pilgrim and Bare It - Plymouth Vs QPR Match Thread on 09:43 - Apr 7 with 6607 viewshubble

Good lad for stepping up, Spacey. We need you on this one.

Without anyone you could legitimately call a striker in our squad, perhaps it's time MArti bit the bullet and went for the old false 9.

A team something like this:

Begbie

Dunne Cook JCS Paal

Colback Hayden

Field

Andersen Willock Chair

The lone striker seems set in stone under Marts, but it's the one area where I wish he'd be more flexible.

Anyway, Ply Mouth (as Marti calls them) are fkin shite, so we've got a chance, right? Of course we have! I hope St. Colin of Warnock retains some QPR love for this one as I'm sure the old reprobate will be in the stands.

0-1 Rangers

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Pilgrim and Bare It - Plymouth Vs QPR Match Thread on 10:22 - Apr 7 with 6562 viewsJamesB1979

Without wanting to bring more doom, I think it’s last day of Ramadan. So firstly shame we didn’t the get Wednesday slot. But also, with sunset around 745 now, doesn’t this mean that Chair will have to at most be on the bench? Maybe eat when match kicks off and then get about 25 minutes from him. Hardly ideal in such a big game.
Pilgrim and Bare It - Plymouth Vs QPR Match Thread on 10:42 - Apr 7 with 6508 viewsMonkey_Roots

Come on Spaceman, we’re rooting for ya - bring back the magic.

Something silly like 2-3.
Pilgrim and Bare It - Plymouth Vs QPR Match Thread on 10:57 - Apr 7 with 6469 viewsbosh67

We need to dust off the defeat and be disciplined against Plymouth who will be up for it after their win at Rotherham. We seem to be better set up to cope with away games generally so hopeful we get something out of it.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Pilgrim and Bare It - Plymouth Vs QPR Match Thread on 11:07 - Apr 7 with 6456 viewsCamberleyR

Home Park is a bit of a bogey ground, we haven't won there in eight attempts, last winning in 2003. Would snap somebody's hand off for a draw now to keep the gap between us to two points with another game chalked off.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Pilgrim and Bare It - Plymouth Vs QPR Match Thread on 11:11 - Apr 7 with 6424 viewsRangersw12

I expect a reaction after yesterdays awful performance so I'm going 2 nil Rangers
[Post edited 7 Apr 11:12]
Pilgrim and Bare It - Plymouth Vs QPR Match Thread on 11:44 - Apr 7 with 6349 viewssdm19994

1-0 win then focus on clearing out a LOT of the dross that we currently have stealing a living. In Marti we trust
Pilgrim and Bare It - Plymouth Vs QPR Match Thread on 11:47 - Apr 7 with 6309 viewsRs_Holy

1-1
Login to get fewer ads

Pilgrim and Bare It - Plymouth Vs QPR Match Thread on 14:15 - Apr 7 with 6187 viewsconnell10

1-1 and I'd take that!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Pilgrim and Bare It - Plymouth Vs QPR Match Thread on 15:09 - Apr 7 with 6100 viewsDamo1962

Pilgrim and Bare It - Plymouth Vs QPR Match Thread on 14:15 - Apr 7 by connell10

1-1 and I'd take that!

I'll take that to the end of the season TBH.Would it be enough though?
Pilgrim and Bare It - Plymouth Vs QPR Match Thread on 15:54 - Apr 7 with 6058 viewsthemodfather

Just match Owls results for next 5 games and we are ok , simples, but we do not do that! With the gap we have the pressure slightly off us and in those below us.
Pilgrim and Bare It - Plymouth Vs QPR Match Thread on 16:55 - Apr 7 with 5969 viewsBurnleyhoop

Pilgrim and Bare It - Plymouth Vs QPR Match Thread on 09:43 - Apr 7 by hubble

Good lad for stepping up, Spacey. We need you on this one.

Without anyone you could legitimately call a striker in our squad, perhaps it's time MArti bit the bullet and went for the old false 9.

A team something like this:

Begbie

Dunne Cook JCS Paal

Colback Hayden

Field

Andersen Willock Chair

The lone striker seems set in stone under Marts, but it's the one area where I wish he'd be more flexible.

Anyway, Ply Mouth (as Marti calls them) are fkin shite, so we've got a chance, right? Of course we have! I hope St. Colin of Warnock retains some QPR love for this one as I'm sure the old reprobate will be in the stands.

0-1 Rangers

Would swap Hodge for Field as he is better on the ball, but defo agree we should not even bother with any of our so called strikers.
Pilgrim and Bare It - Plymouth Vs QPR Match Thread on 17:29 - Apr 7 with 5925 viewsstevec

Pilgrim and Bare It - Plymouth Vs QPR Match Thread on 10:22 - Apr 7 by JamesB1979

Without wanting to bring more doom, I think it’s last day of Ramadan. So firstly shame we didn’t the get Wednesday slot. But also, with sunset around 745 now, doesn’t this mean that Chair will have to at most be on the bench? Maybe eat when match kicks off and then get about 25 minutes from him. Hardly ideal in such a big game.

Marti could send him out with a packed lunch and instructions to have a little nibble during interludes in the game.

After Saturday im not sure we have a competitive match left in us. Reckon it’s only the impact of Spaceman doing the match thread that stands between us and a Blackpool style tonking.

Salvation lies in TUI brochures strategically laid out in the Preston dressing room. Probably the only thing that stands between us and a somewhat overdue 6 games of consecutive defeats, we haven’t had one of them in a while.

I think I’m done.
Pilgrim and Bare It - Plymouth Vs QPR Match Thread on 19:52 - Apr 7 with 5774 viewsManinBlack

Pilgrim and Bare It - Plymouth Vs QPR Match Thread on 15:54 - Apr 7 by themodfather

Just match Owls results for next 5 games and we are ok , simples, but we do not do that! With the gap we have the pressure slightly off us and in those below us.

Well we blew it yesterday as a win would have put us 10 clear of Wednesday. They would never make up that deficit in 5 games which would have meant they and Rotherham definitely couldn't catch us so only one other club for us to finish above. Four points with 5 to play gives the Owls the chance to catch us.

It has rightly been pointed out on here that our recent record at Plymouth is dire. Until two months ago Plymouth were averaging three goals per home game, something we can only fantasise about. Let's hope they don't rediscover their scoring boots Tuesday.

Some of the optimism about our chances of a win seems similar to the Armada approaching Plymouth greatly underestimating the opposition. I do hope we won't flounder on the rocks like they did...
Pilgrim and Bare It - Plymouth Vs QPR Match Thread on 20:13 - Apr 7 with 5740 viewsBluce_Ree

Man, I don't even know. I was sure we'd beat Wednesday but instead we ate shit.

I think we're losing this one TBH. I hope I'm wrong. 2-0 to them.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Pilgrim and Bare It - Plymouth Vs QPR Match Thread on 20:13 - Apr 7 with 5741 viewsHarbour

Pilgrim and Bare It - Plymouth Vs QPR Match Thread on 19:52 - Apr 7 by ManinBlack

Well we blew it yesterday as a win would have put us 10 clear of Wednesday. They would never make up that deficit in 5 games which would have meant they and Rotherham definitely couldn't catch us so only one other club for us to finish above. Four points with 5 to play gives the Owls the chance to catch us.

It has rightly been pointed out on here that our recent record at Plymouth is dire. Until two months ago Plymouth were averaging three goals per home game, something we can only fantasise about. Let's hope they don't rediscover their scoring boots Tuesday.

Some of the optimism about our chances of a win seems similar to the Armada approaching Plymouth greatly underestimating the opposition. I do hope we won't flounder on the rocks like they did...

Yes agree with that a draw would be great ..they will be up for this got 0-1 defeat all over it.
Pilgrim and Bare It - Plymouth Vs QPR Match Thread on 22:41 - Apr 7 with 5569 viewscolinallcars

I've said my prayers (spectacles, testicles, wallet and watch) for Tuesday but still don't think we'll do it I'm afraid.
Pilgrim and Bare It - Plymouth Vs QPR Match Thread on 23:45 - Apr 7 with 5505 views222gers

Pilgrim and Bare It - Plymouth Vs QPR Match Thread on 22:41 - Apr 7 by colinallcars

I've said my prayers (spectacles, testicles, wallet and watch) for Tuesday but still don't think we'll do it I'm afraid.

And there's me thinking this board is far too secular.
Pilgrim and Bare It - Plymouth Vs QPR Match Thread on 08:26 - Apr 8 with 5363 viewsconnell10

Getting nervous already!!!!!!!!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Pilgrim and Bare It - Plymouth Vs QPR Match Thread on 08:52 - Apr 8 with 5332 viewsLoyalitat

Pilgrim and Bare It - Plymouth Vs QPR Match Thread on 19:52 - Apr 7 by ManinBlack

There does appear to be, in certain quarters, a degree of disdain towards Plymouth which worries me. They're about 9th highest scoring team in the league, which can only be achieved if you have forwards worthy of that job title within your ranks.

Alongside certain sections of our fan base shouting "going down" to Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday, when that result leaves us still in peril of relegation ourselves, its all rather puzzling and totally misplaced.

Just hope Hardie: 12 league goals, 1st season at this level, and £1million Whittaker: 19 league goals, don't start scoring again tomorrow or the spectre of relegation will come back into sharp focus.
[Post edited 8 Apr 9:14]
Pilgrim and Bare It - Plymouth Vs QPR Match Thread on 09:27 - Apr 8 with 5292 viewsCamberleyR

Pilgrim and Bare It - Plymouth Vs QPR Match Thread on 08:52 - Apr 8 by Loyalitat

There does appear to be, in certain quarters, a degree of disdain towards Plymouth which worries me. They're about 9th highest scoring team in the league, which can only be achieved if you have forwards worthy of that job title within your ranks.

Alongside certain sections of our fan base shouting "going down" to Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday, when that result leaves us still in peril of relegation ourselves, its all rather puzzling and totally misplaced.

Just hope Hardie: 12 league goals, 1st season at this level, and £1million Whittaker: 19 league goals, don't start scoring again tomorrow or the spectre of relegation will come back into sharp focus.
[Post edited 8 Apr 9:14]

On the other hand they HAVE lost their their last five straight at home and haven't scored in any of those games. Let's hope we don't see classic Charity Park Rangers turn up again to help them out.
[Post edited 8 Apr 10:11]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Pilgrim and Bare It - Plymouth Vs QPR Match Thread on 15:08 - Apr 8 with 5091 viewsaston_hoop

Playing away a few days after your last game? Your chance of winning goes right down apparently (From a Wednesday fan, hence the Wednesday facts, but we're the fatigued away team this time)

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Pilgrim and Bare It - Plymouth Vs QPR Match Thread on 15:21 - Apr 8 with 5044 viewsTheChef

I'm going down the road to watch Barnet and hope that keeps my mind off things.

Mind you I did similar in 2004 when we played down there, look how well that worked out...

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Pilgrim and Bare It - Plymouth Vs QPR Match Thread on 20:42 - Apr 8 with 4756 viewsnumptydumpty

"We are doomed, I tell you, doomed !!!"

Corporal Fraser from Dad's Army quote

Also

NumptyDumpty from Lottforwords Football Forum quote

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Pilgrim and Bare It - Plymouth Vs QPR Match Thread on 20:53 - Apr 8 with 4745 viewsSpaceman_P

What's wrong with you guys? We've got this!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024