Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thank you Marti Cifuentes. 19:22 - Apr 20 with 6646 viewsSnipper

We were doomed when you turned up. I don’t know how you did it, but thank you.

I just hope and pray that he stays, and he builds his own team.

Onwards and upwards for next season.
[Post edited 20 Apr 20:04]
Thank you Marti Cifuenes. on 19:24 - Apr 20 with 4395 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Sir Marti please.
Thank you Marti Cifuenes. on 19:24 - Apr 20 with 4376 viewsBluce_Ree

Thank you Marti Cifuenes. on 19:24 - Apr 20 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Sir Marti please.

Marti the Redeemer, if you please.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Thank you Marti Cifuenes. on 19:29 - Apr 20 with 4247 viewsstainrods_elbow

Thank you Marti Cifuenes. on 19:24 - Apr 20 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Sir Marti please.

Our new CEO should be locking him in the club vaults and not opening up till he signs on the dotted line. Assuming he does stay, it should be an interesting close/next season IF we can purge and strengthen.

OUT: Dykes, Begovic,
LOAN OUT: Armstrong
UNDECIDED: Anderson, Frey, Smyth
KEEP: Chair, Cook, Colback, Willock, Field, Clarke-Salter, Dunne

Ad astra per aspera etc.
[Post edited 20 Apr 19:30]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Thank you Marti Cifuenes. on 20:01 - Apr 20 with 3878 viewsAntti_Heinola

Outside of this club, i don’t think anyone realises quite the incredible effect he’s had. That was not a dead team walking, it was a dead team in a coffin, not bothering scratching in the hopes of getting out.
One of the all time great turnarounds assuming the job is completed!

Bare bones.

Thank you Marti Cifuenes. on 20:04 - Apr 20 with 3824 viewsDamo1962

I'll reserve knighting him till I've seen what he can do with some of his own players first. But there is no doubt that he has fulfilled the job he was brought in to do, and for that.,.we all owe him a huge thanks.Think we may even have finished bottom of the lot if he hadn't taken the job.
[Post edited 20 Apr 20:06]
Thank you Marti Cifuentes. on 20:08 - Apr 20 with 3751 viewsFDC

Thank you Marti Cifuentes. on 20:10 - Apr 20 with 3721 viewsBluce_Ree

Honestly, Marti + full preseason + signing some strikers = MODERATE SUCCESS and MODERATE SUCCESS for us is like ACTUAL SUCCESS.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Thank you Marti Cifuentes. on 20:16 - Apr 20 with 3643 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Not yet mathematically safe but virtually there given the number of head-to-heads. Holding on to Marti is a must.
Login to get fewer ads

Thank you Marti Cifuentes. on 20:30 - Apr 20 with 3555 viewsSuperhoops2808

Not sure I get this issue of hanging on to him. Ipswich manager has not been poached and in truth has been the best manager in the Championship.

Fans love Marti, club appears to be backing him, why should he be swayed? Doesnt strike me as that kind of person

Pre-Season and a few solid deals in the Transfer Market and I am already looking forward to next season
Thank you Marti Cifuentes. on 20:49 - Apr 20 with 3373 viewsstevec

Remarkable job playing all season with what is essentially three quarters of a football team.

All the problems were out there to see today.
Thank you Marti Cifuentes. on 21:05 - Apr 20 with 3216 viewsOldPedro

Saw this on Twitter - the 2nd tweet

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Thank you Marti Cifuentes. on 21:08 - Apr 20 with 3161 viewsPaddyhoops

He’s been superb . Sign of a great manager is to make good players even bette
Thank you Marti Cifuentes. on 21:10 - Apr 20 with 3124 viewsManinBlack

Thank you Marti Cifuentes. on 20:49 - Apr 20 by stevec

Remarkable job playing all season with what is essentially three quarters of a football team.

All the problems were out there to see today.

Exactly this.

It was a game we should have won comfortably like Stoke did today but the old failings in front of goal meant it was a totally stressful watch for all of us. It certainly aged me 10 years getting more and more wound up by the inability to finish off a team not overly bothered.

Still we won and should just about get over the line now but major surgery is required so we don't go through this again next season.
Thank you Marti Cifuentes. on 21:14 - Apr 20 with 3076 viewsqpr_1968

yep, all down to miracle man marti.

a breath of fresh air .

i'll be leaving me blood pressure moniter at home for the leeds and coventry games.

just f......g enjoy the last two games.....especially the day out.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Thank you Marti Cifuentes. on 21:18 - Apr 20 with 3018 viewsToast_R

Here's a question to ponder, who achievement was greater, Marti with what he's had or John Gregory with what he had?
Both incredible man management and both utilised the January transfer window to get themselves out of it.
Thank you Marti Cifuenes. on 21:29 - Apr 20 with 2851 viewsbosh67

Thank you Marti Cifuenes. on 19:29 - Apr 20 by stainrods_elbow

Our new CEO should be locking him in the club vaults and not opening up till he signs on the dotted line. Assuming he does stay, it should be an interesting close/next season IF we can purge and strengthen.

OUT: Dykes, Begovic,
LOAN OUT: Armstrong
UNDECIDED: Anderson, Frey, Smyth
KEEP: Chair, Cook, Colback, Willock, Field, Clarke-Salter, Dunne

Ad astra per aspera etc.
[Post edited 20 Apr 19:30]

Smyth was excellent when he came on. Great sub by Marti because Mellar was causing havoc and Smyth then doubled up on him and subdued that threat. Definitely keep Smyth.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Thank you Marti Cifuentes. on 21:30 - Apr 20 with 2836 viewsPaddyhoops

He’s improved most of the players level here. That’s what great managers do .
He’s made this team hard to score against.
If we had a decent striker , This team gets another 7 or 8 goals . Which equates to another 9 or 10 points on the board . That’s just in the games he’s been in charge.
Walking away from Vigarage road after that debacle. I honestly thought we were gone.
He’s performed nothing short of a miracle.
Thank you Marti Cifuentes. on 21:40 - Apr 20 with 2739 viewsHoopinEssex

He's been brilliant. I was sure we were just before the rockstar left.

The team has just taken to him and his management. Dunne,Cook,Smyth,Field and Sinclair seem to have improved under him.

Not to mention the additions of Hayden and Anderson.

Leave him in charge and add a few signings and we can't be far off a play off spot next season.

Biggest worry is keeping him.
Thank you Marti Cifuentes. on 21:45 - Apr 20 with 2679 viewsslmrstid

He delivered an away win against Leicester which puts him up in worship territory in my book.

He's done a magnificent job, its so nearly done. I'm sure there'll be ins and outs this summer but I'd love to see a full season under him.
Thank you Marti Cifuentes. on 21:54 - Apr 20 with 2624 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Put money on Willock and Chair being shipped out in May. You can already see neither are suited to his style of play, and I think we'll be better without them.
Thank you Marti Cifuentes. on 22:02 - Apr 20 with 2551 viewsMick_S

Thank you Marti Cifuentes. on 21:54 - Apr 20 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Put money on Willock and Chair being shipped out in May. You can already see neither are suited to his style of play, and I think we'll be better without them.

I don’t get that mate. I’m not clever enough to get styles of play. Should we stay up, I’d have thought that Willock and Chair would be a couple to keep - build around them and add. If they don’t want to be here, then off you go.

Not a dig, at you. I reckon many other Championship clubs would love them in their team/squad.
[Post edited 20 Apr 22:04]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Thank you Marti Cifuentes. on 22:04 - Apr 20 with 2522 viewsBostonR

It’s an incredible achievement given what he inherited. He’s worked a miracle but he has two outstanding traits in that he doesn’t panic and he’s intelligent, when dissecting the performances of the team.
Blimey, we are lucky to have him and I can’t wait to see how he re-shapes the squad.
Thank you Marti Cifuentes. on 22:11 - Apr 20 with 2462 viewsAndybrat

Thank you Marti Cifuentes. on 22:02 - Apr 20 by Mick_S

I don’t get that mate. I’m not clever enough to get styles of play. Should we stay up, I’d have thought that Willock and Chair would be a couple to keep - build around them and add. If they don’t want to be here, then off you go.

Not a dig, at you. I reckon many other Championship clubs would love them in their team/squad.
[Post edited 20 Apr 22:04]

Totally agree, Willock was brilliant today and not just going forward. He would be a miracle man if he could get him to sign a new contract
Thank you Marti Cifuentes. on 22:17 - Apr 20 with 2399 viewsLazyFan

Willock is a Marti-type player; Chair is not.
Both will be gone anyway.

zzzzzzzzzz

Thank you Marti Cifuentes. on 22:21 - Apr 20 with 2364 viewsHoopinEssex

Probably be in the minority but I wouldn't be fazed if Chair left.

Obviously has talent but seems to hold in tho the ball too long especially when we are counter attacking and slow in his decision making.

In fairness Willock has been good under Marti. Would prefer him to stay out of the two.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024