Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andersen 07:11 - Apr 21 with 7803 viewsNorthantsHoop

I see there is some posts on here saying Andersen was a bit poor yesterday, didn't see that myself, he is one of the reasons that we are out of the mess we got ourselves in. Really rate him and his assists and delivery from set pieces a major factor in our improvement. Looks and is a very good signing.
Andersen on 07:15 - Apr 21 with 3807 viewsMalintabuk

Same thought he had a reallygood first half.... was everywhere and played some lovely touches off.... and is about the only player who can take a corner or free kick.
Worrying that he tired considerably in the 2nd half.... but there again quite a few did.... hopefully just nervous energy run out. With a better attack think he would be a better player.... let's be fair there is not a lot to aim for up front
Andersen on 07:17 - Apr 21 with 3776 viewsWatford_Ranger

I like him. With a proper pre-season behind him he’ll be a player I’m sure and without Willock and probably Chair he offers a bit of a spark.
Andersen on 07:21 - Apr 21 with 3753 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Andersen on 07:17 - Apr 21 by Watford_Ranger

I like him. With a proper pre-season behind him he’ll be a player I’m sure and without Willock and probably Chair he offers a bit of a spark.

This!

Definitely needs a few weeks off, followed by a good solid preseason. Personally, thought he was poor as the game progressed, but he's clearly got it!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Andersen on 07:21 - Apr 21 with 3754 viewsGloucs_R

I thought he was instrumental in the first half. Faded a bit in the second.

I like him. As you say, get a preseason under him and Frey and you'd see Even better players.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Andersen on 07:40 - Apr 21 with 3619 viewsstevec

A good footballer hamstrung by what’s in front of him.

Lost count yesterday how many times midfielders and full backs should have had a simple out ball to players in front of them but looked up to find nothing was there and had to delay, scrambling their way out via various means uncalled for.

I like Andersen, give him some movement in front of him, he’ll be an asset.
Andersen on 08:03 - Apr 21 with 3522 viewsdmm

I agree with the OP. Andersen isn't perfect but I don't get most of the criticism. He has great ball skills, good football intelligence and has made an important contribution since arriving. I too believe we'll see an even better player in the new season and, given Chair and/or Willock could depart, he's the type of player we need to replace them.
Andersen on 08:32 - Apr 21 with 3375 viewsbosh67

His passing range was slightly off yesterday and Smyth came on and helped nullify Mellor. Anderson is clearly a cultured player and with a proper pre-season and slightly better fitness he's a big asset.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Andersen on 08:35 - Apr 21 with 3337 viewsgazza1

He is rather inconsistent......but a good addition to the squad.
Login to get fewer ads

Andersen on 08:48 - Apr 21 with 3258 viewsenfieldargh

Lucas by the way did we mention Qpr play in the championship, they will come at you from everywhere so quick with feet and mind oh and Lucas we often play 3 games per week and it’s a bit relentless.

Lucas you will get used to it and then oh beautiful Son of Odin you can unleash the dogs of war.

It will come to pass

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Andersen on 08:57 - Apr 21 with 3201 viewsRangersw12

I like him and you can tell he's played at a higher level

Wish he would shoot more as there were a few opportunities yesterday where he could have done but chose to pass instead
Andersen on 09:01 - Apr 21 with 3173 viewsgazza1

Andersen on 08:57 - Apr 21 by Rangersw12

I like him and you can tell he's played at a higher level

Wish he would shoot more as there were a few opportunities yesterday where he could have done but chose to pass instead

Yes he looks decent on the ball, does some very nice football, should have shot for goal in the first half but opted for a pass.

It will be interesting to see if he can keep with the pace and action of the Championship.
Andersen on 09:19 - Apr 21 with 3075 views100percent

Like a handful of our better players, I find Anderson a bit frustrating.
There's obviously a really good player in there - he's shown signs of some really classy football, but his decision making is sometimes poor and he tends to lose possession quite easily.
Hopefully once the balance across the side is sorted, he will have a strong part to play in our renaissance next season.
We definitely need to work on the dead ball situation next season - so many missed opportunities.
A very useful squad player for us.
Andersen on 09:29 - Apr 21 with 2991 viewshubble

I spoke to Lucas after the game and he said his performance has been affected by fans spelling his name incorrectly.

Apparently he has a Supermarionation phobia, but he loves Danish fairy tales (like this).

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Andersen on 09:49 - Apr 21 with 2876 viewsnix

I don't think Marti would mind him putting almost everything into the first half. He doesn't just offer a lot going forward, he also does a lot of the hard yards at the back that doesn't always get noticed, like closing down space and winning the ball back. Without a pre-season it's not surprising he runs out of steam around 60 minutes. But having Smyth and Armstrong and their pace mean that we can pin them back in the last thirty minutes or so, so it's fine for Andersen to come off around then.

Also having had so many must-not-lose games in a row has meant we haven't been able to play with the same kind of freedom we might like to. Being able to take slightly more risks might be interesting next season. He certainly looks happy playing for us and that's nice to see.
Andersen on 09:53 - Apr 21 with 2846 viewsnumptydumpty

Decent player.

Definitely offers something. Corners and link up play and picking out a pass.

Does seem to get subbed often around 65 minutes.

With Willock and Chair likely to move at some point, a useful addition to our squad.

Pleased he is here.
[Post edited 21 Apr 10:23]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Andersen on 09:54 - Apr 21 with 2842 viewsAntti_Heinola

Andersen on 09:19 - Apr 21 by 100percent

Like a handful of our better players, I find Anderson a bit frustrating.
There's obviously a really good player in there - he's shown signs of some really classy football, but his decision making is sometimes poor and he tends to lose possession quite easily.
Hopefully once the balance across the side is sorted, he will have a strong part to play in our renaissance next season.
We definitely need to work on the dead ball situation next season - so many missed opportunities.
A very useful squad player for us.

He’s much more than a squad player.
I thought yesterday he did give the ball away 3 or 4 times at moments that put us under pressure BUT this is partly because he does not want to play the easy sideways or backwards ball. We could all keep possession passing it 4 yards backwards as some of our players have in the recent past, but that won’t win you many games.

Bare bones.

Andersen on 09:59 - Apr 21 with 2809 viewsAndybrat

Andersen on 09:54 - Apr 21 by Antti_Heinola

He’s much more than a squad player.
I thought yesterday he did give the ball away 3 or 4 times at moments that put us under pressure BUT this is partly because he does not want to play the easy sideways or backwards ball. We could all keep possession passing it 4 yards backwards as some of our players have in the recent past, but that won’t win you many games.

Spot on also despite his lack of pace he was tracking back. Best passer in the team by miles, he more times he plays the more chances the rest of the guys get on his wavelength
Andersen on 10:04 - Apr 21 with 2791 viewsEastR

He's overdue a goal, it's a shame we got that free kick on the edge of the box 30 secs after he'd been subbed he would have taken that.
He'll score in one of the final two games.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Andersen on 10:06 - Apr 21 with 2774 viewsPhilmyRs

I’m not getting the Andersen praise I must say, think people are being way too easy on him and focusing on the fact he can trap a ball and play the odd decent pass as evidence of him being superior to others. The positives yesterday were a lot of his set piece delivery was good, which makes a welcome change for us. But I don’t buy this argument about looking for the harder pass or whatever and that’s why it doesn’t always come off. Yesterday he was picking the wrong pass a lot of the time, lost the ball a lot more than a player of his ability should, and chose the wrong option a fair few times.

I was a real fan of his in the early days but over the last few weeks I’ve been alarmed by his inability to pick the right pass and his decision making with the ball. He’s not good defensively so if he’s not on it from an attacking point of view I think we’re carrying him a bit and Smyth may be a better option. I can see some decent parts to his game, I’m not disputing that but he’s put in performances recently that someone like Willock would be slated for.
Andersen on 10:08 - Apr 21 with 2763 viewsNorthernr

Surprised so many people think he played well yesterday. You couldn't fault his effort and he kept showing for the ball and wanting it and trying to make things happen, but second half in particular almost nothing he tried came off as intended and I was pleased we put Smyth on and brought Willock inside when we did. Got him on a 5 atm.
Andersen on 10:09 - Apr 21 with 2759 viewsdm97

Better slightly deeper imo, where he has touch more space and time. Certainly the best passer of the ball but the speed of the league does seem to catch him out at times, but you can forgive that for a guy in his adaptive phase. He'll figure it out, you dont play in the CL for Ajax for nothing.

Also allows Willock to be central which he clearly prefers, though that problem unlikely to be the case next year. Much like Frey, let them be until autumn time - no pre-season a huge factor.
Andersen on 10:18 - Apr 21 with 2703 viewsMrSheen

He’s surprisingly athletic given his age and injury record. He cut out a number of chest high balls across him by stretching his boot far from his body and bringing them down under control,very impressive. Willock was shot for the last 20 minutes and I’m surprised he was left on but he won none of those high loose rebounds.
Andersen on 10:20 - Apr 21 with 2685 viewsNed_Kennedys

Andersen on 10:08 - Apr 21 by Northernr

Surprised so many people think he played well yesterday. You couldn't fault his effort and he kept showing for the ball and wanting it and trying to make things happen, but second half in particular almost nothing he tried came off as intended and I was pleased we put Smyth on and brought Willock inside when we did. Got him on a 5 atm.

Agreed: I rate him and think he will get better when fitter but was our worst performer yesterday.
Andersen on 10:52 - Apr 21 with 2526 viewsEastR

Andersen on 10:20 - Apr 21 by Ned_Kennedys

Agreed: I rate him and think he will get better when fitter but was our worst performer yesterday.

Paal for me, I thought he had a very poor game

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Andersen on 10:56 - Apr 21 with 2498 viewsstevec

Andersen on 10:08 - Apr 21 by Northernr

Maybe not entirely related but after Andersen went off we seemed to be under siege from what I would say was up till then, a fairly disinterested Preston.

As for Smyth, does my head in. As Preston pushed forward Smyth had umpteen opportunities to push up, get in line with the solitary full back where acres of space were available to run onto a through pass. Again and again he positioned himself 10 yards too far back waiting for the ball to feet and blew any attacking opportunities.

Andersen is a cut above, we just need to put some competence in front of him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024