Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ v Slovenia ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ Match Thread 14:40 - Jun 23 with 14196 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Iโ€˜m Balkan at the thought of this.

1-1
England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ v Slovenia ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ Match Thread on 22:09 - Jun 25 with 2114 viewsMrSheen

England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ v Slovenia ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ Match Thread on 21:59 - Jun 25 by BazzaInTheLoft

Unbeaten in three and qualified. What more you want?

Unless you are talking in general, in which case join the queue.

Taken us as far as you can. Think of your legacy.
England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ v Slovenia ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ Match Thread on 22:10 - Jun 25 with 2098 viewsnumptydumpty

England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ v Slovenia ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ Match Thread on 22:00 - Jun 25 by ted_hendrix

Played In reverse gear all night.

Evil anti football.

Stop, put your foot on the ball, take your time, stop again, have a think for a minute, keep possession just outside of our own area, wave at the crowd, pass the ball backwards, stop again.................................................................

Sleeping tablets............................................

I used to hate Ainsworth bringing on Willock in 95th minute but bringing Gordon on in 89th minute.

Seriously. That to me is idiotic man management.

Actually Gordon made one superb pass which was enough.

Cole Palmer and Mainoo staked claims.

But Foden, Kane and Bellingham were all poor but especially Bellingham. Didn't notice he was playing in the second half.

How can England create Bellingham, a Rolls Royce for the mighty Real Madrid, yet for England he is a Robin Reliant and the Robin Reliant that fails the MOT also !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ v Slovenia ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ Match Thread on 22:14 - Jun 25 with 2038 viewsRangersDave

England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ v Slovenia ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ Match Thread on 22:10 - Jun 25 by numptydumpty

I used to hate Ainsworth bringing on Willock in 95th minute but bringing Gordon on in 89th minute.

Seriously. That to me is idiotic man management.

Actually Gordon made one superb pass which was enough.

Cole Palmer and Mainoo staked claims.

But Foden, Kane and Bellingham were all poor but especially Bellingham. Didn't notice he was playing in the second half.

How can England create Bellingham, a Rolls Royce for the mighty Real Madrid, yet for England he is a Robin Reliant and the Robin Reliant that fails the MOT also !!!

There is 1 common denominator mate......

Boring Manager, boring team. simples

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ v Slovenia ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ Match Thread on 22:15 - Jun 25 with 2023 viewsBlackCrowe

Just listening to Stones on 5Live saying that there will be a small minority that won't be satisfied. Er, not that small and not a minority John, but other than that you nailed it.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ v Slovenia ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ Match Thread on 22:20 - Jun 25 with 1942 viewskensalriser

That was a new level of torpor. Nobody in the slightest bit interested in beating someone unless it was through a forest, with predictable results. Declan Rice looked like Sam Field's dim understudy. Saka thought his full back was Usain Bolt's faster, younger brother. Too tired to go on, my energy's been sapped.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ v Slovenia ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ Match Thread on 22:23 - Jun 25 with 1885 viewsthame_hoops

Playing devils advocate, weโ€™ve just played 3 pretty poor teams. They all sat back deep and I donโ€™t remember Pickford having to make a save all tournament. My only hope is that we play better against a better team? Clutching at straws I know
England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ v Slovenia ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ Match Thread on 22:29 - Jun 25 with 1830 viewsNed_Kennedys

Having listened to a number of player interviews and of course Southgateโ€™s there seems to be a level of complacency about how they are performing. Thereโ€™s an underlying annoyance that the fans are booing and the media are criticising: after all itโ€™s โ€˜tournament footballโ€™ and they seem to think they are doing enough.

There is absolutely no momentum going into the knockouts and Southgate clearly does not know his best team. Would expect him to keep the same team again but Mainoo instead of Gallagher next time.
England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ v Slovenia ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ Match Thread on 22:30 - Jun 25 with 1827 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ v Slovenia ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ Match Thread on 22:09 - Jun 25 by MrSheen

Taken us as far as you can. Think of your legacy.

I feel attacked like Captain Bligh
Login to get fewer ads

England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ v Slovenia ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ Match Thread on 22:43 - Jun 25 with 1718 viewspaulparker

Southgate is an absolute embarrassment of a manger

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot Thatโ€™s there thatโ€™s two, and thatโ€™s Bowles Brian Moore

England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ v Slovenia ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ Match Thread on 22:48 - Jun 25 with 1690 viewsJigsore

Saw Eze and Mlakar sharing a little hug after the final whistle

รขโ‚ฌล“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.รขโ‚ฌย

England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ v Slovenia ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ Match Thread (n/t) on 23:03 - Jun 25 with 1575 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ v Slovenia ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ Match Thread on 22:43 - Jun 25 by paulparker

Southgate is an absolute embarrassment of a manger

[Post edited 25 Jun 23:05]
England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ v Slovenia ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ Match Thread on 23:07 - Jun 25 with 1514 viewsqprxtc

England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ v Slovenia ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ Match Thread on 22:00 - Jun 25 by ted_hendrix

Evil anti football.

Stop, put your foot on the ball, take your time, stop again, have a think for a minute, keep possession just outside of our own area, wave at the crowd, pass the ball backwards, stop again.................................................................

Someone give this man a coaching badge.

Af uckinmen Ted.
England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ v Slovenia ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ Match Thread on 23:14 - Jun 25 with 1484 viewsLblock

My thoughts are

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apart from that
Really well done Gareth
Youโ€™ve brought realism to this tournamentโ€ฆ. I mean all these teams going for it and being entertaining is the stuff of madness
Football at the top level MUST be robotic. Simple.

Wrong squad
Wrong tactics
Shouldโ€™ve gone after spaffing off 2020(1)

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ v Slovenia ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ Match Thread on 23:16 - Jun 25 with 1477 viewsnumptydumpty

Kane Foden Saka and Bellingham from form shown so far, are all eminently droppable.

Will all four play next game - Southgate will still pick all four no doubt !!

I would pre tournament say that all four are un droppable but if any of them were not in the starting line up next game, I would more likely be in agreement with that decision.

It's been the defensive five that have done well.

Although full back choices could change more because of contributions required in attack.

It's a funny old game !!!

England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ v Slovenia ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ Match Thread on 23:22 - Jun 25 with 1458 viewsnumptydumpty

Evil anti football.

"Doctor doctor. I can't sleep at night."

"Here you are. Have a look at this DVD.

Football played by the England national team.

It's now prescribed as the stand out insomnia cure !!"

England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ v Slovenia ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ Match Thread on 23:56 - Jun 25 with 1366 viewsPunteR

When has England ever played like Brazil??

Our players are over hyped.
The only world class players we have is Kyle Walker and Kane.
These lads are no way near the levels we've had in the past. That central defence compared to what we had in the past. Shocking.
Palmer should have scored. Drop that ball in front of Lineker, Platt, Shearer, Sheringham thats going in the back of the net 100%.
Palmer was the best player by a yard when he came on though.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ v Slovenia ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ Match Thread on 00:13 - Jun 26 with 1322 viewsSnipper

My first England match at a Euro or World Cup away from home.

The build up in the centre of Cologne and the tram ride to the ground was brilliant. The sing song on the concourse before the game was brilliant.

The highlight of the whole game was the 20 minute rendition of the great escape in the second half.

Oh yeah, the other highlight was talking to, Mel, โ€˜SonofNortholtโ€™ at half time.

Fรบck me, Southgate has to go. ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก
England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ v Slovenia ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ Match Thread on 00:17 - Jun 26 with 1314 viewsMatch82

That was dire. Again.
But....we are through and with zero drama? Everyone has looked a bit shite at this Euros except for Spain and to a lesser extent Germany.

We might do ok in this tournament but it's going to be a horrible watch.
England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ v Slovenia ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ Match Thread on 00:53 - Jun 26 with 1247 viewskensalriser

England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ v Slovenia ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ Match Thread on 23:56 - Jun 25 by PunteR

When has England ever played like Brazil??

Our players are over hyped.
The only world class players we have is Kyle Walker and Kane.
These lads are no way near the levels we've had in the past. That central defence compared to what we had in the past. Shocking.
Palmer should have scored. Drop that ball in front of Lineker, Platt, Shearer, Sheringham thats going in the back of the net 100%.
Palmer was the best player by a yard when he came on though.

This isn't even the best team we've had under Southgate. Far from it, in fact.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ v Slovenia ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ Match Thread on 01:40 - Jun 26 with 1199 viewsHoopsie

Best teams donโ€™t win tournaments

England will be ok

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ v Slovenia ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ Match Thread on 06:52 - Jun 26 with 925 viewsCamberleyR

Football's Coming Home

(next Monday)...

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ v Slovenia ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ Match Thread on 07:25 - Jun 26 with 803 viewsdaveB

That was such a drab performance, so poor and lacking any guile or imagination in the final third. I thought we'd see a reaction to the Denmark game but this was worse imo.

Only positive is they got through and are in the slightly weaker side of the draw although I can't see us going much further playing like this no matter who we play
England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ v Slovenia ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ Match Thread on 07:50 - Jun 26 with 725 viewsLandshark

England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ v Slovenia ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ Match Thread on 07:25 - Jun 26 by daveB

That was such a drab performance, so poor and lacking any guile or imagination in the final third. I thought we'd see a reaction to the Denmark game but this was worse imo.

Only positive is they got through and are in the slightly weaker side of the draw although I can't see us going much further playing like this no matter who we play

I thought it was a little bit better than the Denmark game.

I'm not sure why Southgate complains about fitness levels and then pretty much sticks with the same team. He should have mixed it up, Palmer and Gordon should have started. Bellingham looks like he needs a rest. He was great the first game but has been anonymous since then.
England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ v Slovenia ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ Match Thread on 08:13 - Jun 26 with 636 viewsSuperhoop83

On the one hand, I think there is a lot of nostalgia for "great" England teams and campaigns that isn't really justified. Great memories and moments yes, but both Italia 90 and Euro 96 involved only two good performances, each time against Holland and West Germany/Germany. In more recent tournaments we have played some crap teams and come up short against the decent ones every time. In short, we aren't all that good and never have been.

On the other hand, it is plain to everyone watching this borefest that Southgate is playing some players in the wrong position. I think Bellingham has been over-hyped (not that he isn't class) and is being indulged by playing wherever he fancies. Foden, who has done ok in my book, is being played out of position, TAA is never a midfielder and Gallagher isn't international class, so the lack of game time for Cole Palmer is a mystery. He did way more in half an hour last night that TAA and Gallagher did over the 3 matches.

All of that said, QPR is the only team I really care about and it's nearly fixture release time!
[Post edited 26 Jun 8:14]

Suffering since 1978.

England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ v Slovenia ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ Match Thread on 08:15 - Jun 26 with 625 viewsnix

England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ v Slovenia ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ Match Thread on 07:50 - Jun 26 by Landshark

I thought it was a little bit better than the Denmark game.

I'm not sure why Southgate complains about fitness levels and then pretty much sticks with the same team. He should have mixed it up, Palmer and Gordon should have started. Bellingham looks like he needs a rest. He was great the first game but has been anonymous since then.

That's the bit I don't get. He basically had a free hit yesterday because we were highly likely to qualify. So a really excellent opportunity to give Palmer and Cole a chance and to rest Saka and Bellingham who look knackered from carrying any kind of forward threat.

But he flogs them for another almost 90 minutes. Why? Is it because he doesn't even want to have a choice?

I'm beginning to think that it is one way to differentiate a decent coach from a rubbish one: whether they can change up the team mid-match. A really good coach will have a plan B and will be able to alter the formula by bringing in other players at 60 minutes.

But this is a man who chooses Jimmy Hassalbaink as his coach. A man so dull he makes Southgate look like Mick Jagger.

What's sad is that anyone who only watches England games is going to be completely turned off football. If that's the only way of winning international tournaments then we need to change the formula so you don't get so many teams going through to the play off stages and so they actually have to try a bit harder to, you know, beat the other team.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024