Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread 23:58 - Jun 30 with 16150 viewsNed_Kennedys

Following our rousing success this evening it’s my pleasure to start the next match thread again as we stumble towards Euro success.

Foden and Saka out, Eze and Palmer in.
Centre midfield sorted after Mainoo’s decent performance.
Not sure about LB: stick with Trippier I guess?
England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 19:53 - Jul 6 with 1661 viewskensalriser

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 19:48 - Jul 6 by Ned_Kennedys

Great penalties but Southgate has lucked out AGAIN.

Semi Final probably means the FA suits are writing up a new contract for him to stay for another 100 games.

Why was it lucky?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 19:57 - Jul 6 with 1610 viewsNed_Kennedys

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 19:53 - Jul 6 by kensalriser

Why was it lucky?

Winning on penalties always has luck involved doesn’t it.

And we were lucky to get to penalties at all as Switzerland were the only team trying to score a winner in extra time.

And usual poor team selection/late substitutions/reactive not proactive rubbish.

Anyway we’re through.
England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 19:59 - Jul 6 with 1591 viewshubble

I've gotta say, what a fabulous crop of young players we have. Love those boys. Come on Southgate FFS. Just leave Trippier out of the semi! We can do this.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 20:00 - Jul 6 with 1556 viewsstevec

It sounds ungrateful but I’m bored out of my mind watching this stuff.
England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 20:02 - Jul 6 with 1537 viewsaston_hoop

Just goes to show that when people say they would rather be winning than playing good football, they don't really mean it

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 20:06 - Jul 6 with 1486 viewsNorthantsHoop

Great set of penalties, a much better performance overall and Saka was man of the match for me. We have some super players and we have a great opportunity to win the thing.
England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 20:07 - Jul 6 with 1483 viewsHoopsie

England going to the final it is

Got help us with a France v England final

But I back England to get past the semi regardless of the opponents, call it blind faith, maybe intuition

With the teams left in the tournament, I hope it is Spain v England Final

Spain will force England to play, which maybe is a good thing, but France v England can be a dire affair

Poll: At this moment in time, whatever the situation, your thoughts on Chris Willock

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 20:11 - Jul 6 with 1438 viewsJuzzie

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 19:44 - Jul 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Penalty takers very well prepared.

Pickford really poor.

Delighted, but someone needs to coach Pickford on pens.

Same could be said of the Swiss goalie? Didn’t really get near any of ours.
Login to get fewer ads

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 20:12 - Jul 6 with 1409 viewspaulparker

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 19:53 - Jul 6 by kensalriser

Why was it lucky?

Because we were poor again , we only started going for it in the 75th minute
I

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 20:14 - Jul 6 with 1401 viewsGus_iom

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 20:02 - Jul 6 by aston_hoop

Just goes to show that when people say they would rather be winning than playing good football, they don't really mean it

I've never been less invested in an England team. We are all too ready to accept the mediocre. Why is wanting to be entertained when watching a very talented bunch of footballers unreasonable?
England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 20:16 - Jul 6 with 1381 viewsDiscodroids

just coming back down to earth.

i had to go in the garden at full time and scream yeeeees!!
much like the ecstasy fuelled orgasm i had round the back of danny ramplings goa tance tent at creamfields 1998

'From Little Acorns, Harold..'

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 20:19 - Jul 6 with 1334 viewsStanisgod

Why was it lucky?

Swiss manager at 0-0, 2 subs on 63 mins, Southgate only making subs because we went 1 down. Reactive instead of pro active.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 20:27 - Jul 6 with 1234 viewsQPROslo

Great to reach the semi but Southgate makes it hard work. No changes made in the 2nd half with the Swiss taking control of the game. When they score he suddenly makes 3, and we end up playing Saka and Eze as wing backs plus Shaw at CB where they have not played much if at all at their Clubs. Thank Christ Saka came up with that goal and we did well with the pens.
[Post edited 6 Jul 20:28]
England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 20:31 - Jul 6 with 1206 viewsNed_Kennedys

Despite my 100% winning record of England threads I am standing down for the Semi Final as I will be watching the entertaining hip hop band Cypress Hill at Royal Albert Hall that evening.
I’m all Southgated out anyhow: football should entertain.

Hope somebody can step up: perhaps Esox?
England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 20:34 - Jul 6 with 1156 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 20:31 - Jul 6 by Ned_Kennedys

Despite my 100% winning record of England threads I am standing down for the Semi Final as I will be watching the entertaining hip hop band Cypress Hill at Royal Albert Hall that evening.

Cypress Hill @ the Royal Albert. Whatever next!
England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 20:37 - Jul 6 with 1114 viewsBrianMcCarthy

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 20:11 - Jul 6 by Juzzie

Same could be said of the Swiss goalie? Didn’t really get near any of ours.

I actually wan't watching him. Sorry, Juzzie.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 20:38 - Jul 6 with 1077 viewsDiscodroids

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 20:31 - Jul 6 by Ned_Kennedys

Cypress hill!. don't put your back out ned. I saw Underworld at the albert hall last years and broke my pelvis dancing to 'Dark and long'.

'From Little Acorns, Harold..'

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 20:43 - Jul 6 with 1032 viewsNed_Kennedys

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 20:34 - Jul 6 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Cypress Hill @ the Royal Albert. Whatever next!

With The London Symphony Orchestra no less.

Another correct prediction by The Simpsons from 28 yrs ago.

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 20:47 - Jul 6 with 996 viewsNed_Kennedys

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 20:38 - Jul 6 by Discodroids

Cypress hill!. don't put your back out ned. I saw Underworld at the albert hall last years and broke my pelvis dancing to 'Dark and long'.

Ah I saw them at Ally Pally a few months back mate: they’ve still got it. Some elderly folk knocking back quite a few pharmaceuticals there as you’d expect.
England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 20:55 - Jul 6 with 931 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Well I know who's not doing it: BarrywhomresidesatNo10!!

Thank you for your service to our country Ned...of vourse, you can still set the Frederick up.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 20:55 - Jul 6 with 931 viewsbosh67

Just pleased we played a bit better and nailed the penalties.

I personally think Kane is carrying an injury and that if he's not mobile after 60 minutes you put Toney on. Or perhaps actually dare to play 2 up front with Toney being one of them.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 20:58 - Jul 6 with 917 viewsAntti_Heinola

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 19:44 - Jul 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Penalty takers very well prepared.

Pickford really poor.

Delighted, but someone needs to coach Pickford on pens.

always saves one though.

Bare bones.

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 20:59 - Jul 6 with 905 viewskensalriser

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 19:57 - Jul 6 by Ned_Kennedys

Winning on penalties always has luck involved doesn’t it.

And we were lucky to get to penalties at all as Switzerland were the only team trying to score a winner in extra time.

And usual poor team selection/late substitutions/reactive not proactive rubbish.

Anyway we’re through.

Often, sure, but I didn't see anything lucky about this one. England took five faultless penalties and saved one, that's not luck. And 1-1 seemed a fair score after extra time even if England were marginallly the better side.

All the stuff about team selection and subs etc is just opinion and speculation as we can never know what would have happened had things been done differently.

Not arguing it wasn't another sluggish performance though. Watching England in this tournament has been a joyless chore so far save for the results.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 21:00 - Jul 6 with 900 viewsAntti_Heinola

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 19:11 - Jul 6 by Nov77

That bit in the first half where we took a corner short and passed it all the way back to Pickford done my head in.

People pay money to watch this tripe.

Why have fans become so tolerant of such negative football. Wouldn’t have stood for it years ago, fans used to literally chant “attack, attack, attack”.

Boring as feck this England team.

Agree with the sentiment, but in what world have fans been accepting the performances? The whole country has been castigating Southgate since the tournament started, he's been pelted with cups and booed off after two games.
Should people be attacking him? Threatening his family? Clawing their own eyes out in protest?

Bare bones.

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 21:01 - Jul 6 with 880 viewsGus_iom

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 20:55 - Jul 6 by bosh67

Just pleased we played a bit better and nailed the penalties.

I personally think Kane is carrying an injury and that if he's not mobile after 60 minutes you put Toney on. Or perhaps actually dare to play 2 up front with Toney being one of them.

We've seen it before with Kane and Southgate. Yes, kane is our best goalscorer, but if he's injured and Well sub-par, he shouldn't be undropable
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024